Chapter 18

I Think I'm Ugly

 

(Siwon’s POV)

I have at least half an hour before the recording. The other members are busy with their own schedules while the other casts are still filming for some scenes. Handel & Gretel is just near to KBS building but I’m kind of craving for Frappucino from Starbucks.

When I was looking for a parking space, I saw Hyori walking into Starbucks, making me want to go there more. I looked around for empty space and that was when I saw Stella following Hyori from behind. She looked like she’s having something up her sleeves. Fortunately, there was an empty space a few stores away from Starbucks. After putting on a shades and a cap on, I walked to Starbucks.

I saw Stella was waving and smiling at Hyori while Hyori was just giving her an angry look. From here, I could see they were talking but unfortunately I’m not good at reading lips movement. I was about to approach them when I saw Hyori getting up from her seat to answer a phone call. In order to not being seen, I hid myself behind a plant and that was when I saw Stella looking around as if trying not to get caught. She took Hyori’s drink and took out a bottle out of her handbag.

“What are you doing, Stella?!”

She jumped in her seat, startled. I walked up to her and held her wrist tightly, the bottle was still in her hand.

“What is that?”

“Siwon-ah!”

She was surprised beyond words. Squirming, she tried to escape from my grasp.

“Let me go!”

I took the bottle with my other hand and took a look at it. It was unlabelled so I have no idea what is inside it but from the look of it, it’s something that needs to be taken seriously.

“You were trying to drug her?!”

“What’s going on?”

“Siwon-ssi, what are you doing here?” she aked, “and what bottle is that?”

“I saw Stella pouring whatever is in that bottle into your drinks,” I explained, “this is your drinks, right?”

Hyori looked at Stella then the bottle and back to Stella again.

“Why do you always do this to me?!” Hyori screamed. She was looking at her in disbelief.

Her sudden scream surprised me. Afraid of attracting attention, I hushed her and calmed her down. Thankfully the cafe wasn’t full at this time of the day and we were at a secluded corner of the cafe.

“I really hate you, do you know that?” Stella retorted, flipping her hair nonchalantly. “Do you know why I hate you?”

(End of Siwon’s POV)

“Do you know why I hate you?” she asked me. “And who are you to scream at me?”

I just looked at her, my head boiling. I remained silent. I don’t even know why she hates me so much and I don’t want to know. Today is so not my day and my mood wasn’t good when she appeared and now she has made it worse.

In order to avoid me from losing my temper, I walked away from the scene.

“, where do you think you are going?!” she yelled, grabbing my wrist to stop me.

“Watch your language, Stella!” Siwon warned.

“It’s none of your business, Choi Siwon!” she yelled again.

“Let me go, Stella!” I tried to shake her hand off.

“It is my business if it involves Hyori-ssi.”

My movement and breathing stopped for a moment when I heard that. Did I hear it right?

“What? Don’t tell me you like her,” she scoffed.

“So what if I do?”

He looked at Stella and asked her again. She released my wrist the moment he heard Siwon’s question while I was just standing there, dumbfounded, not knowing what to do.

*****

After the filming, I tried my best to avoid him and rushed home. Even though I liked what I heard earlier but I think he was just saying it to get away from Stella. Besides, after I left both of them at Starbucks, I didn’t receive any call from him. Not only that, he didn’t even say any word to me when we were filming, not even formal greetings.

I took out the cookies & cream ice cream out of the freezer and ate my heart out. I love him so much that I can’t hate him for not doing anything after the ‘confession’. I sighed and took another bite.

‘Beautiful girls, all over the world~’

Lifelessly, I answered the phone without even checking the caller’s name.

“Hyori-ah, do you have any idea where Siwon is?”

“Donghae oppa?”

(Donghae’s POV)

“Donghae oppa?”

Oppa? Wow. I like it better that we have dropped the honorific. And oppa does sound better from her lips.

“No, I’m not looking for Donghae oppa,” I joked.

I heard her giggling and it made me smile. Clearing , she asked me why I was looking for Siwon. I told her that his schedule is done for the day and he should be home by now. Since the last thing on his schedule was a program with her, I thought she might know his whereabouts.

“Actually I didn’t talk with him at all today,” she confessed.

That actually befuddled me. Could it be it’s because of the other day? I know Siwon is not the type to hold it in very long.

“Did you guys fight?”

“Eh?”

When I was about to explain to her, my phone vibrated. I excused myself and checked the incoming message.

‘Donghae-ah, come and save me.

-          Siwon’

 

(End of Donghae’s POV)

Donghae hung up on me after telling me to get ready. I didn’t even get the chance to ask why. But if it means that I can forget about what happened these two days, I’m willing to go anywhere he’ll bring me.

Fifteen minutes later, he called me and asked me to get in the car as soon as possible. I slipped on my flip flops and ran out. The door of the car was even widely opened when I went out. He must be in a hurry.

“What’s with the rush?” I asked him as soon as I get in the car and all he did was hand his phone to me and told me to read the message. A message from Siwon, telling Donghae to come and save him.

“Where is he? Did something happen to him?” I asked, panicking.

“I think I know where he is,” he replied, “but he’s fine so don’t worry.”

Without realising, we’ve arrived at a pub. A very high class and private pub. I’ve heard of this place but have never stepped into it due to their overpriced menu. A bouncer was at the door and he let us in after Donghae something that look like a pass.

“He’s here?” I asked him. It was so quiet in the club and he also has been quiet so I tried to break the silence. He just nodded in reply.

Finally we saw Siwon gulping down a glass of wine as if he’s drinking soju. An almost empty wine bottle was in front of him.

Donghae called out his name and rushed up to him. Siwon was just looking at him and smiled.

“Come and have a drink with me, Donghae-ah~”

He wrapped his arm around Donghae’s neck and tried to make him drink the wine directly from the bottle.

“Siwon-ssi, you’re drunk!” I tried to unwrap his arm before Donghae ends up choking to death but he resisted and pushed my hand away without even looking at me.

“Siwon-ssi?” he asked no one in particular. He chuckled. “Why am I hearing her voice everywhere?”

“Because she’s here,” replied Donghae.

Siwon looked at him with a questioning look. He finally let go and looked at me who’s been standing behind him all this time.

“Hyori-ssi...”

“Si-”

I was about to call out his name when he cut me off by enveloping me in his arms.