Chapter 14

I Think I'm Ugly

A/N: The one in blue is spoken in English.

(Donghae’s POV)

I was having my make-up applied by the make-up artists when I heard some of the female staffs talking about Hyori-ssi’s scandal. They were talking bad about her making me clenched my fist so tightly. She told me about who’s behind it and I wasn’t surprise when she mentioned Stella’s name. I know she’s been pestering Siwon. She even sweet-talked me to convince him but thankfully Siwon has advised all of us to not get involved with her earlier.

“This Hyori girl, what a .”

I heard them bad-mouthing her again so I gave them a glare even though they didn’t notice it. Kyuhyun who noticed it patted my shoulder to calm me down.

“Hyung, not here, jebal (please)...” he soothed me down and signalled with his head showing there are people who could see us especially the fans. I looked towards them and saw them with their placards, waving at us and even taking our pictures. Smiling at them, I waved and said hello.

I wonder why the staffs are still talking about it. I thought Siwon has helped her and now it seems like the gossip hasn’t died yet. Concerned, I dialled her number but she’s unreachable. I sighed. Maybe she’s busy. But I can’t help but to feel worry. There’s one more person that I can call to check on her other than the hopeless Shindong. Siwon is the perfect person. Grabbing my phone, I dialled his number.

“Siwon-ah.”

“Yes, Donghae-ah?Waegurae (why)?”

“I just want to ask you whether you’ve heard of Hyori-ssi’s scandal,” I asked him with my voice super low just in case people heard me.

“Oh yes. But no worries, everything is settled.”

“Oh okay. I’m just glad that you helped her.”

“I’ve got to do what I have to do. Anyway, I got to go. I need to send Hyori-ssi home. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Chamkkan (Wait)!”

“Anything else?”

“You’re sending her home? What’s your relationship with her?” I asked him out of curiousity.

“Just friends. I’m just offering her a ride home. I bet she’s exhausted. Bye!”

“Yah!”

Aish that guy. How dare he hung up on me. But I couldn’t stop myself from smiling when he told me they’re just friends. Kyuhyun was looking at me as if I’m crazy. On normal days, I’d smack his head but today is an exception.

(End of Donghae’s POV)

I was waiting for Siwon-ssi next to his car. I was playing with my phone pondering whether I should turn it on or not. People from the media have been bothering me with their non-stop calls. It was totally peace and quiet this morning, I don’t know how they even got hold of my private phone number.

I wonder what’s taking him so long. Dongho is waiting for me to cook him breakfast so I need to get home as soon as possible. Maybe it’s an important call. Siwon-ssi is a very nice guy. Up until now, I still can’t believe that he would actually help me instead of Stella. I mean, she’s his girlfriend right? Even though he’s not revealing that the pictures belong to her, there must be something that caused her to do this. Why is he helping me instead of helping her?

“Hey. What’re you thinking about?” asked Siwon-ssi, breaking my thought.

“Hmm. Nothing much.”

“Don’t lie. I saw you frowning. Do you still feel bothered?”

“I-”

“Is there anything I can do that can get that thing out of your mind?”

“Eh?”

“You know what? I have a perfect place in mind.”

*****

I looked around the place in glee. A teddy bear museum! This is totally a perfect place for a teddy bear lover like me. I was literally running around the place. The teddy bears are so pretty and cute. There weren’t much people around because it’s still working hour and of course school hour for children. Well, there are some foreigners, tourists, I bet.

Not so surprisingly, this teddy bear museum is owned by Siwon’s uncle. Not only it’s easier for us to get in, he also can walk around here freely without wearing disguise. The workers are trained to not go gaga over him especially the female workers.

I was looking around when a display of teddy bears caught my eyes. It’s a family of teddy bears having their family photo taken. The family of teddy bears consists of a father, a mother, an older sister and a younger brother. This reminded me so much of my parents. I miss them so much and I wonder how they’re doing up in heaven. Remembering them brought tears to my eyes but Siwon’s presence made me wipe them away quickly.

“Hey! I’m sorry it took me a while,” he apologised. He brought us drinks. Even the paper cup itself is so cute and I’m a weakling when it comes to cute stuff.

“How do you like it so far?” he asked me.

“I love it!” I replied in delight not realising that I was kind of loud until I saw some of the staffs turned their heads towards me.

I cleared my throat and apologised. He just chuckled making my cheeks heat up. I bet my face is all red right now. Looking at me, he chuckled again and teased me about my red face. I just pouted at him and sulked.

Mom! It’s Siwon oppa!

Our eyes darted towards the owner of the voice. Standing next to our table, was a little Caucasian girl with long blonde hair and a pair of big blue eyes looking and pointing at him.

Emily, pointing to people is very rude,” a woman advised her and took her hand.

I’m very sorry,” the woman apologised, “my daughter must’ve mistaken you with her idol crush.

Actually, I am Siwon,” he stood up and introduced himself, “Hi Emily, it’s very nice to meet you.

Emily clapped her hand in joy. She’s a fan of Super Junior and a very big fan of Siwon. After a little chat, I helped her take a picture of the three of them. Emily thanked both of us. She waved goodbye to us with Siwon’s autograph in her other hand.

“I didn’t know you also have a fan that small,” I .

“We have fans from different age group. We even have halmeoni (grandmother) fans,” he grinned.

We’ve finally arrived at my house. I thanked him again for everything that he’s done. He just smiled and said it’s nothing while walking me to the door. I invited him to come in but he declined, saying that he has a ‘date’ with the other guys.

“Are you free tonight by the way?” I asked him.

“Free like a bird, what’s up?”

“I’d like to invite you to dinner as my way of saying thank you. I’ll cook.”

“Are you going to cook the porridge again? I’d love to eat it.”

“It’s kind of weird to eat that when you’re not sick,” I frowned.

“Weird is good.”

I laughed at that statement. He excused himself and bid goodbye. I walked into the house just to be greeted with my brother’s angry face.

“Noona, where have you been?” he asked while rubbing his tummy. Poor guy, he must be hungry.

A/N: Hey you! Thanks for reading this chapter. I'll try to update once a week. Sorry for the long wait.