Chapter 5

I Think I'm Ugly

“Hyori-ssi?”

I looked up to see Donghae was looking down at me. Yes, Super Junior’s Lee Donghae.

“Are you okay?”

(Dongahe’s POV)

“Are you okay?” I asked her. She looked up at me with tear stains on her face. Who am I kidding? Of course she’s not okay. She stood up but remained silent.

“I’m okay,” she assured at me and smiled. She looks pretty when she smiles, I must say. Well, everyone looks pretty when they smile.

“What are you doing here?” she asked me. “I don’t think you’re a part of today’s guests.”

I just remembered that I’m here to pick them up to go to Dream Team recording. I was distracted when I saw her running out of the studio with a sad look on her face that I couldn’t help but to follow her. And now, here I am, standing in front of her.

“Oh. I’m here to pick them up to go to Dream Team recording,” I rubbed the back of my neck. She just nodded at me, acknowledging what I just said.

“I have to go Donghae-ssi,” she told me, “I’ll see you at the Dream Team recording later.”

“Oh okay.” I smiled. She bowed to me and walked away.

(End of Donghae’s POV)

Oh my. I can’t believe Donghae saw me. I washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror. Thank goodness my makeup is waterproof, or else I’d have black tears and it’s going to be so embarrassing. And thank goodness I’ve taken off the stupid wig, moustache and also the stupid nose hair.

I breathed in and out to calm myself down. I must get ready to go to the Dream Team site. As if on cue, my manager called me. How did I know without even checking? That’s because I assigned a specific ringtone only for her.

*****

I changed to my sports attire and read my script for today’s episode. Our special guest is going to be Super Junior. Poor boys. They must be so tired. All of them are resting at their tent. Only the athletic ones are joining today’s episode though but still. I looked at the amount of fangirls attending the event. There are just so many. It reminded me of last time when they first participated in Dream Team. It was just full of ELFs. And that day, I didn’t have any schedule, so I was actually in the audience with my friends. But no one recognised me which was good because I was literally drooling over Siwon. I wasn’t the only one though. I bet all of Siwon-biased were drooling over him.

The PD told the boys to try out the set first before the actual filming. Even though they’re tired, they’re still hyped up to try the set out. They stretched and warmed up a bit before starting. Today’s obstacles are very difficult, I must say, especially the fourth and the fifth one. The fourth one is where they have to climb the rack which keeps turning all the time. And the fifth obstacle is where they have to take a swing and swing themselves to grab around the plastic sack which is hanged in the middle of the water and then run across the plastic podium to the goal. Both of these obstacles are the most difficult obstacles known to every guests of Dream Team. It is where most of the participants would put a stop to their race, making them unable to complete it.

Finally it’s time to start the filming. It started with a preliminary game where a few lucky fans were invited to play with the boys. Each fan was paired up with one of the boys. The boys chose them according to their skills in dancing to Super Junior’s Mr Simple. When the song was played, the girls were shamelessly dancing to the song. Some were dancing crazily while some were dancing seductively. One by one, the boys begin to pick up their girl. The girls who didn’t get picked up were given a chance to get a hug from their favourite member. Most of them picked Donghae and Siwon.

“Why isn’t anyone picking me?” complained Eunhyuk.

“Good job everyone,” Yesung bowed to the staffs, pretending to leave. He’s showing one of his childish antics because he didn’t get picked. Even the girl he chose didn’t really want him as his partner.

“Who did you want to be your partner Miyeon-ssi?” MC Changmyeong asked Yesung’s partner.

“Omo eotteoke? Actually I wanted Sungmin oppa...”

Each couple were finally ready to start the game. Both of them will have to turn and after one turn, they’ll have to high-five their partner. They’ll continue doing it for a minute and the couple who has the highest number of high-five will win the game. I was watching them by the side and I felt envy enveloping myself especially when the girls were dizzy and about to fell down but they were immediately caught by their partner. Ah lucky girls! I know I sound greedy. I was in Siwon arms a few days ago. Speaking of Siwon, I’ve already given up trying to ask him how did he get my number.

*****

It’s Siwon’s turn to complete the race. He was stretching his arms and legs without realising that he was flexing his arm muscles. I am not complaining because he looks so y. He pressed the buzzer and started the race. He ran very smoothly across the blocks until he lost balance at the second last block and fell into the Styrofoam. Everyone gasped and fangirls screamed.A few minutes passed and we were expecting him to get up but he still did not come up.

“SIWON-AH!” Leeteuk screamed and ran towards the set.

 

A/N: I feel weird adding her to be the MC of Dream Team (coz the real MCs are both male) and also I added Siwon to be in the Dream Team even though he’s not joining this episode. I don’t know why I’m so obsessed with making the characters to be the same like in real life. =_= And get well soon to our Super Junior oppa’s who got hurt during Dream Team recording. I think I’m going to have a hard time watching that episode. =’(

Credits to fanaccounts for helping me write this chapter (: