Ice Rink

Is It Okay To Love You?

On a Sunday afternoon after a weird birthday party the night before, what can be better to do  than to stay at home and feel guilty about everything?

“______, did you eat yet?” my mom poked her head into my room.

“Nope, I’m not hungry yet” I looked up from my laptop.

“Okay..make sure to eat later though, I’m going to work now. I don’t know what time I will be home” my mom walked in to give me a kiss on my forehead.

“mmkay” I nodded and with that my mom left, leaving me with the entire house.

BringgBringg

My laptop chimed, telling me that BuRin wants to video chat on skype. I clicked accept and the screen turned from blue to BuRin’s face.

“Heyyyyy” I smiled.

“what happened last night?” she asked the moment we were connected.

“..I don’t know….” I  sighed.

“I remember losing you in the crowd and then when I finally found you, you were in the middle of a fight.” BuRin recalled her memories from last night.

“I wanted to look for you and I bumped into someone. I don’t know that guy, but I bought Mark’s present from his store and the guy asked if I have a boyfriend. I got creeped out so I left right away after I paid, and then I bumped into him at the party.” I explained.

“how the hell did that lead into a fight??” BuRin raised an eyebrow.

“He kind of cornered me and then Jackson came up to us and I think the guy and Jackson hates each other or something. I’ve never seen Jackson like that before,he looked pretty damn scary man.” I remembered the image of Jackson’s face.

“and..?” BuRin tried to get more out of me.

“and then...the guy grabbed me and was like ‘I’m not leaving without this cutie’ and then he pulled me into his arms and won’t let go. I froze for like a few seconds and then tried to get out of his arms, but he was so strong. And then Jackson walked up to us and threatened to hit the guy and I got really scared so I just closed my eyes, but when I opened my eyes again, I see Mark in front of Jackson with steam coming out of his head or something. He looked so pissed off.” I finished up my story.

“damn….” BuRin nodded her head slowly to absorb all the information I just told her.

“I feel so bad…” I sighed with a pout.

“I think Mark likes you…” BuRin said quietly. I looked at her with no expression on my face.

“no he doesn’t.” I denied.

“Why else would he fight the guy?”

“He had to let his bottled up feelings out, he used me as an excuse to hurt that guy.” I replied, referring to what Taec oppa told me last night.

“what feelings?”

“...he’s been through a lot..” I mumbled, not wanting to tell BuRin’s about his uncle’s death.

“And you know because…?”

“I don’t want to talk about it..” I shook my head.

“Okay...well, I have to go now. I have piano lessons today.” BuRin scrunched up her nose in disgust.

“okay..I need to get something to eat, bye! have fun!!” I waved with the most retarded smile.

“I can never have fun in piano!” she yelled.

“Do it for BamBam!” I pumped my fist in the air. A smile slowly spread onto BuRin’s face.

“Okay!!! bye!!!” she smiled and quickly end that call.

Letting out a small chuckle, I put my laptop on my bed and walked out of my room to get down to the kitchen. I roamed the kitchen, in hopes of finding something to eat. No luck. Maybe I should just go out to eat..but I have no one to eat with..ugh whatever.

Walking up the stairs again to get back into my room. I took off my pajamas and put on a pair of leggings and a tight black longsleeve shirt. I put my hair into a messy ponytail and threw on my green military style jacket. Grabbing my phone and wallet on my way out, I walked down the stairs again and walked to the front door. I pulled on my tall brown boots and walked out the door. Luckily it did not snow last night, since the sidewalks are still clean from ice and snow. I walked to the nearest restaurant and ordered myself a bowl of hot stew. Taking a seat closest to the window, I began to dig in.

“Mind if I sit here?” a familiar voice asked. I looked up to see Jackson with that beautiful smile of his. I shook my head and he pulled the chair in front of me out to sit.

“are you eating alone?” he asked.

“..yeah…” I played with my food.

“well not anymore!” Jackson pumped his fist in the air with a dorky smile. I nodded with a smile and went back to eating. I’m really curious about last night’s situation and why Jackson seemed to hate that guy so much. Most importantly I want to know if Mark is okay..

“hey..um..about last night..” I mumbled, keeping my eyes on the food instead of looking up at Jackson.

“..I’m..sorry…” I apologized, not really knowing how to ask him without it sounding awkward. Getting no replies from Jackson, I am forced to look up. He looked directly at me without a smile on his face, but instead he has a gentle yet hard look in his eyes. His big brown eyes looked directly into mine and his thick eyebrows framed his masculine face perfectly, and his plump lips rested gently on top of each other. For some reason, I decided to look back into his eyes, trying to find any sort of emotion. I must say, it’s very hard to tell. His dark brown eyes looks so soft yet so full of mystery and pain. I broke our eye contact by looking down at my stew.

“Promise me that you won’t let other guys touch you like that” Jackson finally spoke. I looked up to see that his face has softened, making me feel a bit more comfortable. I’m kind of confused right now. Why does it seem like he cares about me? Well I mean I guess we are friends now, but I feel like he cares about me as more than just friends..

“..I’m sorry..I didn’t expect him to do that and I didn’t know how to react..” I stuttered, feeling like everything is my fault. After a few minutes of silence, he spoke up again.

“Why are you so cute?” he asked out of the blue. I swear, this guy can easily make any awkward situation into something normal for himself.

“Where should we go later?” he asked with a smile back on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows at how quickly his mood can change.

“stop doing that.” he reached out with his index finger to poke  in between my furrowed eyebrows. I jumped a little due to the sudden contact.

“Let’s go ice skating!” he snapped his finger.

“now?” I asked, a bit surprised.

“yeah” he nodded excitedly.

“but..just the two of us?” I asked.

“why not? You don’t trust me?” he asked.

“no no no it’s not that.” I shook my head vigorously.

“Then let’s go!” he stood up and pulled me up as well. Having no choice but to follow him, we got onto a bus that led us to Korea’s most famous ice rink.

---------

Waking up this morning, thinking that I would have nothing to do for the rest of the day, to going out to eat by myself and then bumping into Jackson, now we are at the ice rink.

“what size?” the guy behind the counter asked.

“size 7” I replied as I handed the guy my boots to trade him for the skates. Jackson also got his skates from the line beside me and we walked over to a bench to put on our skates. I watched Jackson easily put on his skates within a few minutes and I looked down at my skates laying beside my feet.

“does the princess need help?” Jackson asked. I looked at him and looked away again, feeling embarrassed that I don’t even know how to put on skates. Jackson crouched down in front of me and helped me into my skates.

“omo, isn’t that _____??” a girl gasped. Jackson and I both turned around to see SeMi, a girl that goes to the same school sitting a few metres away from us down the bench with someone else. Someone that I did not expect to see. That someone is Mark. He finished up with tightening his laces and looked up. He has a small band aid over the bridge of his nose and the cut on his mouth seems to be healed. He is wearing an all black letterman jacket and his orange hair is hid in a black snapback.  My heart ached at the sight of the two together. I guess the rumors around the school is true after all..

“_____! I didn’t know you had a boyfriend!” SeMi squealed and approached us. I looked up at her and forced a smile. I don’t feel like telling her that Jackson is not my boyfriend for some reason..I hope Jackson doesn’t mind. Jackson kept quiet and continued to tighten up my skates.

“Oh my gosh! your boyfriend is so sweet!” she squealed. “If only Mark oppa did that for me”

I felt like an arrow has shot my heart. I thought I am over him..why does it hurt to know that he has a girlfriend?

Jackson stood up after finishing with my skates and offered me his hand to pull me up. I took it without hesitating and pulled myself up.

“Oppa! pull me up too!!” SeMi sat back down onto the bench and made Mark pull her up. He half  smiled and got up to pull SeMi up. I can’t look away from the scene, no matter how much it hurts.

“Let’s go” Jackson tugged on my hand and led me to the ice rink. He let go of my hand and casually got onto the ice. Mark and SeMi also easily got onto the ice and skated away, where as I just stood on the carpeted floor.

“what’s wrong?” Jackson asked.

“..I don’t know how to skate..” I mumbled.

“It’s okay, I’ll teach you” Jackson chuckled and offered me his hand again. I gently placed my hand on top of his and he wrapped his long fingers around my tiny hand compared to his. With his support, I carefully stepped onto the slippery ice. I started to lose my balance and began to fall backwards.

“don’t worry, I got you” Jackson tighten his grip on my hand and pulled me back.

“If you don’t want to fall and die, you have to hold onto my hand” Jackson warned me. I looked at him and quickly wrapped my fingers tightly around his large hand. He smiled and slowly skated to the center of the rink, dragging me along. He stopped in the middle and turned to look at me.

“Okay all you have to do is pretend that you are walking like a duck” he demonstrated with his feet. I furrowed my eyebrows and refused to do it.

“come on, don’t be such a baby” he teased.

“what if I fall and die??” I asked seriously.

“don’t worry, I got you remember?” he assured me. I sighed and straighten up my back and moved my right foot first and then my left. Jackson slowly let go of my hand as I gain a few steps forward.

“ahhhh! you said you got me!” I yelled, not knowing how to stop and balance myself. I tumbled backwards and just when I am about to fall on my and break my spine, Jackson grabbed my hand just in time.

“I got you” he smiled. I sighed in relief and looked at him.

“don’t ever let go again.” I tightened my cold hand around his.

“I promise I won’t” he assured me and the two of us slowly skated side by side. Well he skated gracefully while I waddled like a duck. I looked around to see SeMi and Mark skating together,neither of them needing help from each other. SeMi has a smile on her face, but Mark just looks very emotionless. He smiled once in a while when SeMi talked to him, but other than that. No emotions.

“watch out!” Jackson yelled and right before I could react, a kid knocked me over and I landed on my .

“noona, I’m so sorry” the kid apologized sincerely.

“It’s okay” I smiled even though my is extremely cold and sore at the moment. The kid skated away and Jackson stood in front of me.

“why did you let go??” I pretended to be mad.

“I’m sorry, are you okay?” he asked.

“I think I broke my spine or something” I lied.

“are you serious??” he asked and crouched down. A devious smile spread onto my face and I pushed him over, causing him to fall on his .

“nope!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“yah!” he yelled. I quickly tried to get up, but remembered that I don’t know how so I decided to move around on my instead.

“get back here!” Jackson easily got up and caught me. He stood over me and I looked up at him with fear.

“I believe you owe me an apology..” he placed both hands on his hips.

“no!” I refused.

“Okay then…” he sang and bent over to pick me up off my feet and threw me over his shoulders like I am a sack of flour.

“What the hell?! Put me down!” I flailed around, but he only sped up. I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly, not wanting to fall.

“I’m sorry!” I gave in and then he came to a stop. He gently placed me down and looked at me with a cheeky smile.

“You are such a ” I grumbled.

“thanks” he shrugged.

Jackson is starting to remind me more and more of Mark when we used to be best friends. Maybe Jackson will be my best friend..what if I end up falling for him the same way I did with Mark? I don’t want to lose him as well..

 

HAY GUYS~ ANOTHER CHAPTER!! it is currently 1:41 am and I just finished proofreading this chapter..please excuse any mistakes! I’m sorry if this chapter progressed a bit too quickly, especially with ____ and Jackson’s relationship. I don’t want to rush anything, but I just want to get to the juicy part of the story ;) ANYWAYS hope you guys liked it!! OH and tell me who you guys ship _____ with! I know there aren’t any moments between ____ and Mark yet...maybe there will be some soon...HEHE

As always please comment!! I LOVE READING THEM <3 They motivate me to write!