The Night that Would Change Everything

Is It Okay To Love You?

"Goodnight everybody"  I wished everyone a good night before heading upstairs with BuRin.

"Goodnight! " the boys chanted and each went into their individual rooms. I closed the door behind me after BuRin and I walked in. I slid onto the ground with my back against the door. I held my head with my hands and tears started to form.

"hey.. What happened?" BuRin noticed me and approached me.

"Jackson.." I mumbled.

"did he confess? " BuRin guessed and I nodded.

"I knew it!"  she yelled loudly. "you looked kind of awkward during dinner"  

"I was afraid this would happen.." a tear slipped out and I let a few more out.

"what did he say?"  

"he asked if I ever wondered who he likes and then he said that he liked this girl ever since  before he actually met her." I briefly told her the confession.

"it might not be you.. " BuRin tried to comfort me, by denying the obvious.

"I told him that the girl is afraid to lose him if things didn't work out...and he promised that he would always be there for that girl no matter what"  I officially cried. BuRin sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around me.

"I don't want to lose him like how I lost Mark.. " I cried on her shoulder.

"do you like Jackson?"  BuRin asked a question that I've always asked myself but never have a solid answer to.

"... I do like him, he already took a place in my heart, but at the same time Mark is still in my heart." I cried silently. "I feel like I'm not being fair to Jackson if I am thinking of someone else"

"maybe you should try going for Jackson, if you guys are meant to be then you guys will be together no matter what" BuRin suggested.

"but what if we are not?" I asked.

"Just let yourself fall for him. I can tell that you are trying to resist.______, you need to let go of Mark. It to see you try to be happy when you are not." BuRin said quietly but seriously.

"it does to be happy when I'm not" I admitted.

"thanks for being here for me" I thanked BuRin sincerely. I think I would cry even more and feel even worse if BuRin was not here.

"you're my other half remember?" BuRin said happily and hugged me.

 

--------

There is no way I could fall asleep tonight. BuRin is already  fast asleep and I am laying in bed with my eyes wide open, looking up at the ceiling. Deciding to get up to get a glass of water, I reached out for my sweater but realized that I am still wearing Jackson's clothes. I put on his hoodie instead and quietly got out of bed, making sure that I don't wake BuRin up. I got out of the room and quietly walked down the stairs.

After drinking some water to rehydrate myself after crying, I know I would not be able to sleep so I decided to walk out to the porch. Even though I am just wearing a thin hoodie and fuzzy pajama pants, I don't really care if I'm cold. I just want the cold air to refresh my mind. I reached for the door knob to unlock it, but it is already unlocked.

Did we forget to lock the door earlier?

I wrapped the hoodie around me and stepped outside. The porch light is on and someone is sitting on the bench. I gasped, not expecting anyone to be out here at this time. Mark turned his head to look at me. I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. His dark circles are even more obvious underneath the porch light. His eyes are bloodshot and his bright hair is messy looking, but I must say that it looks good. He is only wearing his chunky grey cardigan over his black beater along with some black sweats.

"couldn't sleep? " his voice became the only I could hear in this cold night. He is talking to me. For the first time in forever. I missed that voice so much.

" Umm.. No.. What about you? " I stuttered.

"Nope.."  he shook his head and sighed, letting out a puff of vapor.

"why can't you sleep?"  he asked.

I can’t sleep because I’ve been thinking of you and your friend.

"Just been thinking.. " I mumbled." what about you? "

" I've been thinking as well"  he answered. I nodded and thought of what to talk about next. I really don't want this long awaited conversation to end. No matter how simple and boring this conversation may be, to me it is perfect. Just to hear his voice talking to me is enough.

"are you okay? " I asked him. Hopefully this time he would tell me the truth.


 

    

 ".... I'm fine.. And you?"  he asked.

"don't lie. " I said out loud without thinking twice,  but I do not regret saying that. I took a seat on a separate bench to the left of the house while he sat on the one on the right. The only thing between us is the front door.  

“You can tell I'm lying huh?"  Mark chuckled bitterly.

Of course I can tell, I know you more than you know yourself.

"my mom told me about your uncle.. " I said quietly, feeling completely guilty for bringing it up.

" I'm so sorry.. " I apologized and looked at Mark to see that the pain in his eyes are more obvious now. The strong outer shell that he built around himself seems to be breaking down now.

".. He was a good man.. " Mark mumbled.

"I know he was.. I miss him too.. But you can't torture yourself like this, I'm sure he wouldn't want to see you like this"  I said with my eyes looking straight ahead.

"it's hard.. " he sighed. My heart ached to see him like this.

"I know it is.. Trust me it gets better"  I assured him.

"you lost someone in your family?" he asked.

"... I lost a close friend of mine.. I thought he was my everything and after he left I thought I wouldn't be able to ever find a friend like him" I told him the story of us.

"eventually you will just learn to move on.. And keep the moments you guys had together as good memories" I added and tears welled up again. I closed my eyes to hold in my tears and took a silent deep breath.

"do you still think of that friend? " he asked. I wonder if he knows that I am talking about him.

"yes, everyday"  I admitted.

"are you mad at that friend? " he asked. I think he does know I'm talking about him..

"I used to be.. Now I just miss him.. " I once again told him the truth.

"I'm sure that friend is sorry for whatever he did and he misses you too"  he said the last part quietly. A wave of relief hit me and my vision became blurry due to my tears building up once again.

".. That's nice to know.. " I mumbled. I’m glad that he answered my unasked question. Today might have been the most interesting and confusing day ever. But today is also the day that I would never forget. Tonight is the night that would change everything.

 

 

HELLO !!! So sorry for this super short chapter!!!! I wrote it on my phone and did not expect it to be this short! I hope you guys liked it though!!! As always..PLEASE COMMENT~ GIMME YOUR THOUGHTS! <3 You guys motivate me to write!! <3 <3