He Finally Smiled

Is It Okay To Love You?

"um.."  I mumbled.

"I've liked this girl for a while now.. Even before she knew me." he began.

"I would see her around her school everytime I go visit.. She is really clumsy..I really wanted to meet her and get to know her. My wish came true and now we are pretty close.. But I am afraid to confess to her" he finished. My eyes are tearing up, but I did not let it fall. I looked down at my hands, not knowing what to say. A questioned popped up in my mind. The question that I want an answer to really badly.

"if you did confess to the girl.. And you guys become a couple, what if things don't work out and you guys just leave each other's lives?" I asked quietly.

"I'll never know unless I try" Jackson stated.

"what if the girl is afraid to try? Maybe she doesn't want to lose you as her best friend" I told him my thoughts.

"there is one thing I can promise that girl. Even if things don't work out, I will always be there for her. " Jackson promised. A single tear slipped out of my eye and dripped onto my hand. I quickly wiped it off.

No one's POV

Jackson and______ talked in the living room upstairs. Mark walked upstairs to look for something in his bag.

" what if the girl is afraid to try? Maybe she doesn't want to lose you as her best friend" Mark heard _______'s voice from the living room while he is in the "storage"  room. He knows what and who ______ is talking about. She is referring to her past experience with Mark. She doesn't want history to re play. Mark feels extremely guilty and he had the urge to hug_____ in his arms and tell her that he is sorry.

"there is one thing I can promise that girl, even if things don't work out I will always be there for her" Jackson's voice echoed through the walls of the room Mark is in. Mark felt angry, angry at himself. He regret not promising that to______. He regret not saying anything after she confessed. He was afraid of the same reason______ is afraid of right now. He didn't want to lose her. Mark left the room quietly, forgetting to get whatever he needed to get after hearing their conversation.

______'s POV

“I’m sure that girl would be happy if you promise her that” I said quietly.

"hey speaking of crushes.. Who does BamBam like? " I asked, trying to change the subject.

"not sure"  Jackson shrugged, going along with my change of subject.

"come on.. You know" I nudged his arm playfully.

"I really don't know, he doesn't tell me these things.. Go ask him yourself, you guys are close" Jackson said.

"does he like Kaylee?" I asked an important question.

"Kaylee Lee?" Jackson asked with wide eyes and I nodded.

"Ew no. We all think she is kind of crazy.. She is obsessed with BamBam" Jackson made a disgusted face.

"but they talk at school.. " I pointed out.

"BamBam is doing it out of courtesy and good manners"  Jackson told the truth. I smiled, not being able to wait until the moment I confirm that BamBam likes BuRin.

"that's nice to know" I smiled.

"BuRin likes BamBam right? " Jackson  asked.

" Yeah isn't it obvious?" I chuckled.

"eh" he shrugged.

"Jackson hyung" BamBam's voice is heard coming up the stairs. He poked his head into the livingroom and I greeted him with a smile.

"it's time for dinner" BamBam smiled. I raised my eyebrows, surprised that the boys made dinner already. I got up from the couch with Jackson and I went to wake BuRin up while the other two walked downstairs.

"hey wake up" I shook BuRin. She slowly opened her eyes and sat up. One of the things that I am jealous of BuRin is that she can wake up very easily unlike me.

The both of us walked downstairs after she washed up.I really want to tell BuRin about what happened earlier between Jackson and I, but I have a feeling that I would break down in tears and I don’t want that since the boys will know. Pushing the thought aside for now, we approached the dinner table. There is a wide selection of food placed on the rectangular table. I took a seat beside Jackson and across from Mark. I kept my eyes down so that Mark and I don't make any eye contact.

"who made all this? " BuRin asked, sounding quite impressed.

"uh..."  Jr. mumbled.

"you ordered this didn't you?" I asked.

"well... Yeah.. " he smiled, feeling embarrassed. I shook my head with a smile on my face and began to dig in with everyone else.

"what should we do after dinner?"  Youngjae asked excitedly.

"snowball fight!" BamBam suggested.

-------

"BuRin and_______ should be team leaders" JB suggested. I agreed and so did BuRin.

"rock paper scissors " we both chanted. I smiled after I've won. I leaned in to whisper something to BuRin.

"sorry, I'm taking BamBam he was always on my team"  

" BamBam" I pointed at BamBam. He flashed me a bright smile and hopped over towards me.

"Mmm... Youngjae " BuRin  picked.

"mm... JB"

"Jackson" BuRin wiggled her eyebrows, I rolled my eyes and picked Yugyeom next.

"Mark" BuRin helped me out by picking Mark. She knows that I wouldn’t want him to be on my team.

“I’m taking Jr.” I grabbed Jr. and pulled him over.

“why??” BuRin stomped her feet in the snow.

“Because you have the stronger people, no offense guys” I turned around to comfort my team mates.

“Let the games begin!” JB announced and we all ran away from each other to make snowballs and build forts. Snowballs are flying everywhere, I crouched down to make my best fort to protect my people, but snowballs keep hitting me. I grabbed some premade snowballs and launched it over to the other side. A smile spread across my face when my snowball hit the back of YoungJae’s head.

“Good aim!” he gave me a thumbs up instead of attacking me. I smiled and returned a thumbs up. No one is brave enough to enter each other’s territories, so the game is not that fun.

“BamBam! attack!” I screamed and BamBam nodded and dashed to our opponents side and tackled Mark down. I burst out into laughter to see that Mark has fallen down and BamBam is on top of him. Just like how it was before. For the first time in a while, I see Mark laughing. I feel so much better to see that he knows how to laugh. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jackson running towards me in full speed. I quickly got up and began to run away. Running is already difficult for me, but running in the deep snow is just a whole different level. Within a few seconds, just right before my legs gave up on me I am swept off the ground and on top of Jackson’s shoulder. He is carrying me like I am a sack of flour again..

“Put me down!” I yelled and started to flailed. This time I am not afraid to fall because I would land on the fluffy snow.

“As you wish your highness” Jackson said and dropped me onto the fluffy snow. I let out a small yelp and quickly recovered. I shot up from my position and threw a snowball at Jackson’s face.

“whoa I have really good aim today” I said out loud, completely amazed with my aim.

“can you dodge?” Jackson asked and threw snow in my face. I squeezed my eyes shut to keep the snow out of my eyes. I brushed off the snow and tackled Jackson down onto the ground. I started to pile snow on his body and face.

“what the hell did you eat today?? why are you so strong?” he asked.

“I was always strong” I grinned and got up from the ground to run away, leaving him behind. I made a quick snowball and threw it at BuRin. She immediately turned around to return the favour. I decided to go all out and just hit everyone with snowballs. Even my team members.  Everyone eventually forgot about the teams idea and just started throwing snowballs at everyone they see. I launched one at Mark and it hit his face. I cracked into a wide smile, completely forgetting about everything at the moment. He also smiled and threw a snowball at me, hitting my right shoulder. Laughter and screams are the only thing that could be heard in this late evening. If only we could always be like this..

----------

“_____, truth or dare?” Jr. asked with a devious smile. I thought about it for a second before answering. If I pick truth..they would most likely ask me who I like..if I pick dare..they would go easy on me right?

“dare” I said confidently.

“hmm...I dare you to switch shirts with...Jackson and keep it on until the end of the game” Jr. pointed at Jackson. I looked at what Jackson is wearing. He is only wearing a black beater with a thin zip up hoodie over. His beater would most likely be baggy on me, but I guess it’s fine since I will be wearing his hoodie too.

“I can not fit that” Jackson pointed at my black t-shirt. This t-shirt is supposed to fit tight for girls..I have no idea how Jackson will be able to fit into it.

“You owe me a new t-shirt” I told Jackson as I got up from our circle on the floor. Knowing that he will stretch it out. He got up as well and walked to the washroom with me to switch clothes. I walked into the washroom, leaving the door open to wait for Jackson to take off his hoodie and beater. He easily took off his hoodie and handed it to me. He then began to take off his beater, slowly revealing his forming abs. I blushed, but I can’t remove my eyes from his torso.

“Liking what you are seeing huh?” Jackson asked. I quickly looked away and waited for him to give me his beater. After feeling that his top is in my hand, I closed the washroom door and looked at myself in the mirror.

I just freaking checked my best friend out. I checked out the guy that kind of confessed to me this earlier.

Shaking my head to stop thinking about it, I took off my t-shirt and put on Jackson’s clothes. The beater fits a bit more loose than prefered, but the hoodie fit nice. It looks like one of my baggy hoodies that I wear on lazy days. Leaving the hoodie ped, I walked out of the washroom. Completely forgetting that there is a topless Jackson waiting right outside, I gasped.

“here” I handed him my t-shirt and walked back to the living room to join the group.

“hey you don’t look too bad in that” BuRin commented. “It looks kind of cute”

“thanks” I acknowledged her comment.

“PUHAHAHA” the guys burst into laughter. I turned around to see Jackson walking towards us in my t-shirt. My t-shirt on him looks like a cropped top and it looks like his arms are suffocating. All in all he looks..no.

“looking hot hyung!” Yugyeom howled and I laughed along with everyone else. Jackson a pose and derped.

“I’m fabulous” he sang and gracefully sat down onto the floor. I stole a glance at Mark to see that there is a smile on his face. After seeing that, my smile grew wider. As long as he is sincerely smiling I am happy.

“okay, let’s continue” JB spun the bottle and it landed on Yugyeom.

“truth or dare?” JB asked.

“umm..truth!” Yugyeom answered.

“who do you like?” JB asked immediately. I rolled my eyes at how “original” his question is, but waited for his reply along with everyone else.

“eh…” Yugyeom blushed causing me to smile at how cute the maknae is.

“okay okay..who is your ideal type?” JB changed his question a bit after seeing Yugyeom having trouble with the first one.

“umm.._____ noona” Yugyeom blushed and looked down. I’m surprised that I am his ideal type. I’m not a very feminine girl and he has witnessed me in my least graceful moments, how can I be his ideal type?

“Aigoo..Yugyeom..you’ve got some competition though..” JB wiggled his eyebrows, making me feel awkward and embarrassed. So JB knows about Jackson’s  feelings..but who else could be Yugyeom’s “competition”?  

“awwe thanks Yugyeom” I smiled and he flashed me his adorable eye smile.

“why is she your ideal type?” Jackson asked. I shot him a glare for continuing with this topic.

“I mean...look at her.” Jackson continued. I glared at him for offending me again.

“excuse me?” I raised an eyebrow.

“what?” Jackson nod his head once as if he wants to fight. I raised my fist, threatening to punch him.

“that’s why” Yugyeom answered. I put my fist down and looked at him.

“She’s different from other girls” Yugyeom shrugged.

Awwe Yugyeom just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

“Yeah, I’m different” I stuck my tongue out at Jackson.

“thanks Yugyeom! you just made my day” I put my hand up for a high five.

“Okay next!” I spun the bottle this time.

Crap. I shouldn’t have spun the bottle. The tip of the glass bottle pointed at Mark. My mind went blank for a second.

“uh...truth or dare?” I asked awkwardly.

“truth” his deep voice said casually.

“um…” I thought about a question to ask him. I have too many. I want to ask him if ever missed me. Did he ever regret not trying to fix our problem? Does he think about me? Does he still remember our memories together? Will we ever be friends again? Did he ever like me as more than a friend? All these questions needed an answer, but I can’t ask any of them.

“...how are you…?” I mumbled. Everyone looked at me with no emotion on their faces.

“really?” Jackson asked, completely disappointed that I asked such a simple question in a game of truth or dare.

“I’m fine” Mark lied. I could tell that he is lying. If he is actually fine he would be smiling right now, despite the fact that I am here and we are on awkward terms. If he is actually fine he wouldn’t look this tired no matter how much sleep he gets. If he is actually fine my heart wouldn’t ache every time I look at his pained face.

 

 

HELLO PEOPLE~ who do you guys ship now??????? Please excuse any grammar mistakes! OH and please tell me if you guys want more Mark and _____ moments! I am honestly running out of ideas! I feel like there is still not enough Jackson and _____ moments to make you guys fangirl LOOL

Anyways! tell me your thoughts! I love reading your comments!! <3