Ski Trip

Is It Okay To Love You?

“I’m so excited!” BuRin squealed as she jumped up and down at the bus stop. We are waiting for everyone to meet up and then we can go up to the mountains for our ski trip. It is 5:30am in the morning right now and it is freezing cold. My eyes are burning from the lack of sleep but every part of my body is freezing.

“You don’t seem very excited” BuRin noticed my lack of excitement. I glared at her with my tired eyes.

“It is freaking 5 in the morning and we are standing outside in the cold instead of in bed and under warm cozy blankets.” I muttered.

“Oh look they are here!” BuRin pointed to the left and I lazily turned to look as well. All seven guys walked towards us with their thick winter jackets and duffle bags. First person I spot is Mark of course, despite the fact that he is in the back and his bright hair is hidden in his black snap back. I’m not surprised that he looks half awake right now. I then looked for Jackson, and it is not difficult to spot him either. He is beside Mark and his long bangs are peeking out from under his black snapback. He spotted me looking at him and smiled. How can he possibly smile so early in the morning? I raised my eyebrows lazily to greet him.

“I expected you guys to be late” BamBam chuckled.

“I literally had to drag her out of bed” BuRin pointed at me, making everyone chuckle.

“same with Mark hyung” Yugyeom poked his hyung.

“Don’t worry, we get to sleep on the bus” JB assured us. I sighed in relief and looked down the street to check if the bus is coming.

“the bus is here” I said and lifted my pink and black duffle bag off the ground. Just when I was about to step onto the bus my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out to see my mom’s picture.

“hello?” I answered her call.

“is the bus here?” she asked.

“yeah it just got here” I said as I got on the bus and smiled at the bus driver to greet him. I then made my way to the back of the empty bus with everyone else following behind.

"okay, be careful and don't do anything you will regret... " my mom hinted for me not to get pregnant.

" mom! " I complained, feeling embarrassed even though no one can hear our conversation.

" what?? I'm just trying to protect my daughter" my mom said. I rolled my eyes and took a seat in the last row by the window.

"I have to go now, bye" I wrapped up our conversation.

"okay bye baby, love you" my mom said.

"love you too" I replied and hung up the phone.

"was that your boyfriend? " a familiar voice asked. I look to my right to see Jackson taking a seat beside me. I looked around the bus, trying to look for BuRin.

"she is sitting with BamBam" Jackson informed me. That girl.. Always leaving me for a guy.

"yeah that was my boyfriend" I joked while getting comfy on the cushioned seat of the bus.

"is he cute?" Jackson played along.

"adorable" I said.

"how long have you guys been together for? " he asked.

" before I was born" I replied and took off my thick jacket, revealing my oversized black t-shirt underneath. I took off my boots and criss crossed my legs on the seat.

"you look comfy" Jackson commented.

"I am" I smiled at the fact that I can finally sleep, but I am still missing something..

"do you have anything soft I can hug while I sleep?" I asked Jackson.

"uh.. No? " he raised an eyebrow.

"I can't sleep without hugging anything though"  I pouted while mentally slapping myself for not bringing my teddy bear.

"I would let you hold onto my arm, but these babies are toned so it won't be that soft" Jackson wiggled his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and wrapped my jacket up into a ball so I can hug it. I rested my head on the back of my seat and closed my eyes and quickly drifting into a deep slumber.

A hard impact on my head woke me up. I grumbled and opened my eyes to see that I rested my head on the window and the bus went through a speed bump causing my head to hit the glass. I sighed and looked to my left to see Jackson scrolling through his phone with his earphones in. I casually leaned over to rest my head on his shoulder comfortably and went back to sleep.

-----------

"snorlax, wake up" Jackson's voice echoed in my ears.

"Yah. You are drooling on my shirt" he bounced his shoulders up and down to bother me.

"go away" I flapped my hand lazily with my eyes still closed.

"we're here" Jackson tried to wake me up again. After hearing that I slowly opened my eyes and looked out the window. My eyebrows softened at the beautiful snow covered mountain view. Everyone is getting ready to get off the bus, so I removed my legs from the criss cross form, causing a sharp pain jolt up my legs.

"cramp.. " I stuttered and hit Jackson's arm multiple times to get his attention.

"I knew it."  he sighed and bent over to help me put my boots on. I clenched my jaw at the pain. I then put on my jacket making sure that I zip it up.

"does it still hurt?" Jackson asked. I looked up at him and nodded. He sighed and slung his duffle bag across his body and also put my duffle bag on. He turned around so that his back his facing me and he crouched down. I slowly got up and wrapped my arms around his neck. He easily and steadily got up from his position with me on his back and walked off the bus.

"what the hell happened to you? " BuRin asked.

"leg cramp"  I mumbled.

"oh Jackson is such a good..bo- friend" BuRin corrected herself before I kick her in the face with my cramping leg.

"_____ are you okay? " Jr. asked.

" Yeah I'm fine" I nodded.

"okay, then can you get off? " Jackson asked.

" no" I replied, not wanting to let go of him, and walk in the cold snow.

"but you are so heavy" Jackson teased.

"are you calling me fat?? " I tightened my arms around his neck.

"Ahhh"  he started to have trouble breathing.

"okay guys, stop fooling around" JB brought out his inner leadership skills. Jackson continued to piggy back me all the way to the hotel while BuRin fangirled on the side.  Mark walked with BamBam ahead of the group, JB and Jr walked with Youngjae, leaving Yugyeom to tag along with us.

"hey Yugyeom are you excited?" I asked to start up a conversation.

"yep!" he beamed.

Well that was a short conversation.

"you at trying to start up conversations" Jackson commented. I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"noona, do you have a brother?" Yugyeom asked.

"well not a blood related brother" I said honestly.

"you know umm.. Taecyeon?" I asked.

"Yeah of course" Yugyeom nodded.

"he is like my brother" I said.

"oh wow.. He can get very scary.. " Yugyeom mumbled

"yeah, so if yall try to bully me, yall are dead"  I snapped my fingers in the air with a sassy look on my face.

"especially you." I said to Jackson.

"I don't bully you, you bully me! " he whined like a baby.

" yeah so? " I asked as if there is nothing wrong with it. We entered the the cozy and warm lobby of the hotel.

" put me down" I demanded because I don't want other people to give me looks.       

"as you wish your highness" Jackson gently put me down onto the carpeted floor. The four of us walked up to the rest of the group at the front desk.

“Your cabin is number 7” the pretty receptionist smiled and handed JB four keys.

“Thank you” he flashed her a smile, making her blush.

“let’s go guys” JB walked ahead of the group.

“I thought we were each staying in separate rooms” I commented.

“It’s less expensive if we all just stayed in one cabin.” JB explained.

“it’s really pretty” Youngjae smiled happily.

“and don’t worry, you girls will be sleeping on the second floor” Jr. assured us. I nodded in relief and smiled.

“Oh I’m sorry, I can take that back” I reached over to Jackson, trying to take my heavy duffle bag back.

“No it’s fine. You’re the princess” he said with a smile.

“Isn’t it heavy though?” I asked, a bit concerned. He has own duffle bag and mine at the same time. We are close and all, but I don’t want to use him as my slave.

“hey, I carried you..” he raised an eyebrow. Feeling completely offended, I stomped ahead of him and looped my arm through BuRin’s.

“I think BamBam likes Kaylee..” she whispered.

“how do you know?” I asked.

“well I don’t know..they talk and all..” BuRin shrugged.

“dude...they talk in school..but you are on a ski trip with him and will be staying in the same cabin as him for 3 nights and 4 days…” I reminded her of how lucky she is.

“but still….” she pouted.

“no shut up. Listen to me, he doesn’t like Kaylee okay?” I assured her. I’ve known BamBam ever since we were young and I can tell if he likes someone. I am pretty sure that he likes BuRin, I always catch him stealing glances at BuRin and whenever she is not at school or with us, he is constantly looking around for her. Even though I want to tell BuRin that BamBam might possibly likes her so that she would have a better trip, I don’t want to disappoint her if BamBam doesn’t like her.

“eh I still think he has feelings for her.” BuRin shrugged. I rolled my eyes at how stubborn she is and decided to stop talking so that I won’t accidentally tell her that BamBam might like her.

“We’re here!” JB exclaimed. I looked up at the large cabin with a snow covered roof. There are Christmas lights hanging around the house and the dark wood made the house look extra cozy. JB unlocked the door and we all walked into the beautiful cabin. Large couches with blankets and cushions took up the space in the middle of the living room. A giant flat screen TV is hanging on the wall and underneath the TV is a fireplace. All the boys hurried to look for rooms, making sure that they get the best ones for themselves. BuRin and I excitedly ran up the stairs to look at our rooms.

There is another living room on the second floor similar to the one on the first floor, but not as big. There are three rooms and one washroom.

“Do you want to sleep together or have separate rooms?” BuRin asked.

“together! I’m going to be scared at night” I cried.

“Okay” BuRin laughed.

“Let’s sleep in this one” I picked the biggest room out of the three. There is a king size bed in the middle of the room and there is also a balcony that overlooks the mountain view. Hearing laughter and shouts from outside our room, we know that the boys are coming up.

“Whoa..your room is huge!” YoungJae exclaimed while entering our room with all the boys.

“we don’t have any more rooms downstairs to put our bags in, so we are going to put our stuff in one of the rooms” Jr. informed us. I nodded and went over to Jackson to get my bag back. He gladly took it off and handed it to me.

“Who is ready to go snowboarding??” JB asked excitedly.

“what?? I didn’t eat breakfast yet!” I yelled a bit too loudly.

“Oh yeah..forgot about you and your relationship with food” JB teased. I glared at him and put my bag by the bed.

“I want to take a nap” BuRin yawned.

“ I want to eat” I rubbed my tummy.

“Hyung, we must fulfill these princesses wishes” BamBam commented. I turned around to give BuRin a derpy grin, telling her that BamBam just called her a princess.

“I will make ramen for everyone!” I volunteered.

“and while you do that I will sleep” BuRin pushed all of us out of the room and closed the door.

“wait let me change into something more comfortable first!” I knocked on the door desperately. BuRin opened the door and let me in while the rest of the guys made their way downstairs again. I casually took off my clothes in front of BuRin and looked through my bag to look for my t-shirt and sweats. Throwing on my baggy grey sweats and figuring hugging black T-shirt, I walked out of the room again making sure to close the door behind me. I made my way down the wooden stairs, not really paying attention to where I step because I am busy with tying my hair up. Due to the fact that I am wearing socks and the stairs are made out of wood, I slipped and quickly caught myself with the railing. Letting out a small shriek I quickly recovered.

“holy crap, I almost died.” I said out loud.

“be careful please, I don’t want to be cleaning up any bloody messes” Jackson walked by casually. I stuck my tongue at him even though he can’t see. Finally making my way down the stairs without getting injured, I looked around to see JB, Yongjae, BamBam, Jr. and Mark laying on the couch. Jackson and Yugyeom is sitting on the floor, abusing each other.

“you all want to eat right?” I asked.

“yup!” they yelled like kids. I sighed and walked into the kitchen. Is this how moms feel?

I rummaged through the bag of food that Jr. brought and pulled out nine packs of instant ramen. Grabbing a large pot, I filled it up with tap water and placed it on the stove with the lid on. Now that we are settled down reality has finally hit me. I am on vacation with a bunch of guys I never talked to until a short while ago. On top of that Mark is here. On vacation. With me. Well not with me, but at least he knows that I exist and that I am on this trip with him. Of course, not forgetting about Jackson. My new best guy friend. I never thought of having a friend like Jackson after Mark. I thought Mark was the only guy that could put up with me and want  talk to me. Never would I have thought that Jackson  would show up in my life and hopefully stay in my life.

"whoa. Be careful" An unforgettable deep voice echoed in my ear. I snapped out of my train of thoughts and looked at the pot of water boiling over. The lid is now off and placed to the side. Turning around to see if that person who saved me from getting burned by water is the person that I hope it is. Our faces only a few inches away, his minty breath could be smelt even with his mouth closed. The butterflies finally awaken in my tummy, causing my heart to flutter. I wish time stopped right now. But reality hit me once again. I looked away and created some distance between us.

"um thanks" I mumbled. He did not reply, but instead he walked away to get himself a glass of water. Standing right in front of the stove with a blank mind right now, I waited until Mark left the kitchen before proceeding to calm my pounding heart. Did that just happen? Our faces only a few inches apart, when before we were hundreds of students apart.

----------

"who knows how to snowboard?? " BuRin asked through her snowboarding mask thing. Everyone is wrapped up in snowboarding gear, including myself. All the boys raised their hand, telling us that they all know how to snowboard.

"okay..______ will go with Jackson of course"  BuRin began to divide us up.

"hey. It doesn't have to be Jackson. I actually want JB to teach me" I objected BuRin's pick.

"I don't mind" JB shrugged casually.

"fine then! I will be with..." BuRin began.

"BamBam! Take the annoying one!" I shouted.

"okay" BamBam shrugged with his cute smile on his face. I nodded my head towards BuRin once and then walked up the small hill with JB.

"why aren't you with Jackson?" JB asked.

"I don't always have to be with him" I chuckled.

"I mean like you guys are always together" JB clarified his sentence. "if we didn’t know you guys, we would've thought that you guys are dating"  

I rolled my eyes under my goggles.

Not something new..

"do you like Jackson?" JB asked straightforwardly. I turned to look at him, shocked that he asked that all of a sudden.

"if you like him, great! He has changed a lot ever since you came along. If you don't like him.. Don't lead him on.. He might  seem tough, but he is just a big softie.” JB stated. I kept quiet, not knowing how to respond to him.

“...does it look like I like him?” I asked quietly. Afraid of his answer, I mentally prepared myself.

“well..yeah..” JB nodded. My heart dropped to my stomach, feeling guilty for some reason.

“You smile every time you are near him, the way you look at him..” he began to list.

“..I..” I stuttered.

“I’m not the only one that noticed this..everyone did..” JB told me. Great. I feel gross now..Wait..if everyone noticed..does that mean Mark noticed too? He probably thinks I moved on..I guess that’s a good thing right?

“I don’t know…” I sighed, not really relating to what he said. But that is the only thing I know how to say at the moment and all I’m feeling right now is confusion.

“anyways..are you ready to learn how to snowboard?” JB changed the subject to lighten up the mood. I took a deep breath and pushed my thoughts aside, not letting it ruin this trip.

“Let’s do this!” I pumped my fist in the air.

Everyone gathered at the top of the hill, BuRin is with BamBam of course. I don’t understand how this girl still does not see that BamBam has feelings for her.

“Put on your snowboard” JB instructed. I looked at the heavy long board and then down at my feet.

“uh…” I muttered, completely confused on how to put the board onto my boots.

“sit down” JB chuckled. I obeyed and sat down on the snow. JB crouched down in front of me and attached my feet to the board.

“thanks” I smiled as he pulled me up, but right away I lost my balance and leaned forward. JB caught me and put me up right.

“aigoo...we will need a lot of practice” he sighed. I pouted and tried my best to balance by myself.

After focusing on JB’s instructions and practicing, I think I got the hang of it.

“Okay..you are doing good, now try going all the way down there” JB pointed at the bottom of the hill. I nodded confidently and started to go down the hill. The cold wind blowing at my half uncovered face feels refreshing. It almost feels like I am flying. As I reached the bottom of the hill, I tried to stop but for some reason I can’t. I continued to go down another hill that is a lot more steep. The hill is full of more experienced people and there are kids. I tried to stop again, but I can’t. I am going way too fast.

“AH!” I screamed. The people in my way quickly moved to the side so that I won’t hit them.

“Holy crap! how do I stop?!” I shrieked. I hear a loud swishing sound approaching me and within a few seconds, just when I was about to hit a group of people, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side, causing that person and I to fall and tumble down the snowy hill. I squeezed my eyes shut and held onto that person tightly. That person held onto me tightly as well, placing a hand over my head so that I won’t injure it. We finally came to a stop, we laid beside each other, both panting heavily.

“Are you okay?” the person who saved me asked. This voice. Not this voice again.. Mark stood up, covering the blinding sun for me with his body. I continued to lay there, looking at him through my heavily tinted goggles. Why does he always appear when I’m in danger? Why can’t it be Jackson? I want Jackson to save me instead, so that I will have another reason to fall for him, not just because I want to move on from Mark. I looked at the face of Mark as memories rushed into my mind. Memories of us when we were younger.

~~~~

“Tag! you’re it!” Mark hit my shoulder and dashed off into the grass field of our school.

“Hey! I wasn’t ready!” I got up after tying my shoes. I looked at him and he is already in the middle of the field. I ran into the field and tried to chase him.

“You’re so slow!” he laughed. I pouted and tried harder to move my short legs. My heart pounded against my chest, hearing the blood rush to my ears. Panting heavily for oxygen, I gave up and plopped onto the grass.

“I’m not playing!” I pouted. Mark turned around and ran towards me.

“come on!” he encouraged me to get up.

“no!” I refused.

“fine, just tag me” he put his hand out so that I can tag him. A smile spread across my face and I slapped his hand, then quickly got up to run away while squealing.

~~~~

“Hey ______!” Mark called from behind. I looked up from my snowman in progress to receive a snowball to my face.

“Yah!” I shot up from the ground with my snowman’s head in my hand. I took aim and threw it at him. Of course, I missed. Mark quickly formed another snowball and threw it at me. Luckily it didn’t hit my face, but hit my leg instead. BamBam appeared from behind Mark with a devious look on his face.

“BamBam! Attack!” I demanded. Of course BamBam listened to his favourite noona and tackled Mark down onto the white fluffy snow. I ran up to them and started to attack Mark with snow.

 

The good memories did not last long until I remembered that he has a girlfriend now and that we don’t talk to each other anymore. I sat up by myself and took my snowboard off.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks” I mumbled, not looking at him and walked away from him.

He has a girlfriend..I can’t always be thinking of him anymore.

“_____, are you okay?” Everyone else rushed down the hill to meet up with me.

“Yeah...that was hella scary though..” I chuckled.

“No really?? I thought you and Mark would’ve died” BuRin commented. I glared at her through my goggles.

“Noona, are you sure you are fine?” Yugyeom asked with a worried expression.

“I’m fine!” I assured him.

“Did you break anything..?” Jr. asked, still unsure if I am fine.

“nope” I spread arms out to show him. Everyone seems to be worried, everyone except for Jackson. He did not say anything at all. He just stood behind the crowd. I can’t see his eyes behind the goggles, but I can tell that he is looking at me.

“Wow. Thanks for asking about me Jackson” I joked.

“You said you are fine” he talked back. I am surprised that he said that..why does he seem mad?

“um..guys, lets go back to the cabin, it’s getting dark” JB suggested. Everyone agreed and took off their boards. I looked over at Jackson and he is walking ahead with Youngjae. I walked beside BuRin with my heavy board under my arm.

“Is it just me or is Jackson..different..?” I asked quietly.

“He’s pissed off” BuRin informed me.

“what? why??”

“I don’t know..probably jealous that Mark got to you first” BuRin shrugged.

“what the hell..what is there to be jealous of?” I questioned.

“I told you, Jackson likes you” BuRin reminded me.

“okay even if he does..that is a dumb reason to be jealous of..this is my safety we are talking about, does it matter who saves me?” I reasoned. “and plus Mark and I don’t even talk..so he doesn’t have to worry”

“Maybe he can tell that you still have feelings for Mark” BuRin commented. I have nothing to say. I kept quiet for the remainder of the way back to our cabin.

“I’m so tired!” Youngjae sighed and plopped onto the couch. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed myself a glass of water. Mark entered the kitchen to grab a glass of water as well. I stole a glance at him and quickly looked away when Jackson entered the kitchen. This is so awkward..my ex best friend/ first crush and my current best friend/someone that might like me is in the same kitchen as me. No one is talking. Feeling the awkwardness build up I put my glass down and exit the kitchen. When I entered the living room, more than half the boys are asleep on the couch and the other half are dozing off. I walked up to my room quietly, making sure that I don’t wake anyone up. I walked into my shared room with BuRin to see her fast asleep in the bed. Deciding to take a shower, I grabbed a baggy t shirt and fuzzy pajama pants to the bathroom. I closed the door and took off my wet snow gear, then stepped into the shower, letting the hot water defrost my body.

-------

Fresh out of the shower, I slipped on my pajamas and partially towel dried my hair. I walked out of the steaming hot bathroom and into the hallway to see Jackson standing across from my room.

“sup” I greeted him.

“can we talk?” he asked.

“no” I joked, trying to lighten the mood. I really don’t like it when people ask if we can talk. Why can’t they just tell me what they want to say instead of asking for my permission when they know I would say yes anyways. Jackson glared at me and I smiled. I walked to the living room on the second floor and sat down on the soft couch. Jackson sat down beside me,making me sink lower into the couch.

“I’m sorry” he apologized.

“for what?” I asked even though I think I know why he is apologizing.

“for earlier..” he said and looked down at his hands. I smiled at how cute he can be.

“it’s okay, I forgive you” I pinched his cheeks and stretched it out so that he would look silly. I laughed and he smiled.

“oh and one more thing..” he began “have you ever wondered who I like?” he asked. I froze and my heart pounded nervously. Please do not bring this topic up.

 

 

SAP GUYS!! I hope you guys liked this chapter! A bit more Mark moments here! Jackson is jelly!!! Will he confess to _____?? I honestly don't know if I should make Jackson confess.. LOOL if he does then the story would progress a lot quicker. What do you guys think?? let me know in the comments!!