Dream

Is It Okay To Love You?

“Bye Mr.Jang” I said politely as I walked out of class with my notebook and math textbook in my arms. Math is not my favorite subject, it drains all my energy and because math is right before lunch, I can never concentrate because my tummy would be grumbling and making the sound of a dying whale. I walked into the crowd of students piling into the halls and getting ready for lunch. Out of hundreds of students, I spot someone that I did not expect to see here. I looked away right when he looked at me, but it’s too late. He noticed me and I don’t want to be rude. I slowly made my way over to him, trying to dodge all the hungry students rushing to the cafeteria.

“Hi” I smiled awkwardly.

“hey” his husky voice said softly, yet loud enough for me to hear through the noises around me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, not wanting to make anymore eye contact.

“I came here to see you” he replied casually, causing my cheeks to slowly heat up.

“umm…” I mumbled, not knowing how to continue with the conversation.

“Let’s go” he nudged my arm.

“where?” I stuttered a bit.

“to the cafeteria of course. Aren’t you hungry?” he asked. I then remembered that I could eat a horse right now. The both of us walked side by side to the school cafeteria, he seems to really know this place. We walked by groups of students sitting around tables, some with their lunch in front of them, some studying for tests and some copying off each other’s homework. You know, the usual high school cafeteria.

“Jackson hyung!” a soft yet deep voice called from somewhere. I did not bother to look for who ever it was, instead I lined up by myself to buy my lunch and Jackson walked off to wherever he went. After picking up a sandwich and a box of juice, I looked around the crowded area to search for BuRin. I spot her sitting at a table with seven other guys. She waved to get my attention,and I made my way over to the table.

“Hi noona!” BamBam and Yugyeom smiled cutely, I smiled back and looked around the table. JB and Jr. sat on each side of Mark and Jackson sat beside YugYeom, leaving a seat between himself and BuRin.

“What’s up” JB nod his head at me.

“Not much..” I shrugged and took a seat between Jackson and BuRin. I looked at BuRin, using my eyes to ask her why we are sitting here or why we are sitting with them to be exact. She shrugged a little and purposely pushed me closer to Jackson, making my arm touch his.

“What class did you just have?” Jr. asked.

“umm Math” I replied, sounding a bit awkward. I know all these guys but I never really talked to them because they are the popular ones and I’m just..nobody I guess.

“With Mr. Jang?” he asked and I nodded while chomping into my sandwich.

“damn, I hate him so much.” JB. sighed.

“Yeah...I don’t really like him too..” I sighed as well, JB looked at me with his famous smile and put his left hand up to give me a high five. I slapped it gently and went back to eating. A fresh yet a bit musky scent took over my oxygen when Jackson stretched his arms and supported his head with his left arm, making him lean closer to me. Dang..he smells so good. I looked at him from the corner of my eye to see that he is looking at me with sleepy looking eyes.

“Hey, _____ are you close with Taec hyung?” JB asked. I am actually thankful that JB started another conversation because I do feel a bit uncomfortable under Jackson’s stare. I’m glad that I can occupy myself with talking to JB.

“umm..yeah..I guess, he is kind of like my brother” I shrugged and finished the last bit of my sandwich.

“I know to not  mess with you now” YoungJae chuckled, but also sounding a bit serious.

“Oh! do you guys want to come to a party this weekend?” BamBam asked excitedly. I looked at BuRin and she seems to be pretty excited by the fact that BamBam invited us to a party.

“what party?” BuRin asked curiously.

“It’s Mark hyung’s birthday and we are just having a get together” BamBam briefly explained.

“Shouldn’t Mark himself be inviting us instead?”  BuRin raised an eyebrow. BuRin and Mark know each other, but they are not very close, they met through classes and asking each other about homework and stuff.

“Oh um..do you guys want to come?” Mark spoke for the first time.

“Jackson are you going?” BuRin turned her attention to the sleepy Jackson.

“Mhmm” he nodded.

“Okay, the both of us will go” BuRin agreed for me as well.

“What.” I voiced my thought, causing everyone to look at me.

“well..I mean..I am probably busy this weekend..” I stuttered. The truth is I don’t want to go. Especially because it is Mark’s birthday party.Even though I miss him and I want to be his friend again, I just can’t let myself do that. I don’t want to fall for him all over again. I don’t want to get hurt again. For the same reason.

“come on, it will be fun” JB encouraged me to go. I looked at BuRin and it looks like she really wants to go, but she doesn't want to force me to go if I don't want to. She clearly understands how awkward it would be for me.

"Umm Ok I'll go" I smiled and everyone cheered happily.

BRINGGGG

The bell meaning lunch is over and everyone needs to get back to class rang. I sighed and got up along with everyone else. Just when I began to walk off to my next class with BuRin, someone grabbed my wrist. I gasped because it startled me and I turned back to see Jackson.

"aren't you going to say bye? " he asked with that charming smile of his.

“Oh um sorry...bye” I apologized, Jackson let go of my wrist and pinched my cheek.

" bye cutie" he smiled. My heart skipped a beat and I quickly walked away with a fangirling BuRin.

"he. called. you. a. cutie. " BuRin said each word carefully.

".. Yeah.."  I said still not in the right mind to think.

"oh my god. I ship! " BuRin yelled and I slapped her arm to shut her up.

“Dude, I think he likes you” BuRin said quietly.

“No he doesn’t.” I denied. “I don’t know him and he doesn’t know me”

“Then get to know him!” BuRin yelled in frustration. The both of us are really stubborn, the reason why we get into fights most of the times is because of how stubborn we both are. I don’t know how we get along so well and how she became my best friend.

“why??” I yelled back.

“You need to move on from Mark” she lowered her voice to a whisper. I paused a bit, not knowing what to say. We haven’t talked about Mark ever since BuRin and I became close after Mark and I went our own ways. BuRin knows that I get uncomfortable when Mark is mentioned in a conversation. Although it doesn’t hurt to talk about him anymore, I just don’t like the fact that he was once such an important person in my life and now we don’t even know each other.

“I don’t want to use Jackson..” I mumbled.

“You never know, you might actually fall for him.” BuRin shrugged.

“I don’t know...can we not talk about this right now?” I sighed and the both of us walked into our art class together.

-----------

“BuRin!” Someone called from behind us as we walked side by side out of the school at the end of the day. BuRin and I both turned around to see BamBam and YugYeom approaching us. BuRin gasped quietly at the sight of her prince charming approaching her with his adorable smile.

“Mrs.Oh wants to see you” BamBam informed BuRin. Her shoulders fell in disappointment, knowing that BamBam did not get her attention because he wanted to, but because he had to deliver a message. I looked at Burin, wondering why the principle wanted to see her.

“Probably about my courses next year” she shrugged. “go home first” she added and walked to the office of the school, leaving me with BamBam and Yugyeom.  

“When and where is the party going to be held?” I asked. I am not as awkward with these guys because I’ve known BamBam the same time I met Mark. Fortunately BamBam and I are still some what close. As for Yugyeom, he is the most innocent guy I know so I am comfortable around him as well.

“Tomorrow  8pm to anytime you want to leave” BamBam replied.

“at the cafe down the street” YugYeom gave me the address.

“You guys are having a birthday party in a small cafe…?” I questioned their pick of location.

“have you ever been into that cafe?” YugYeom asked, sounding a bit devious.

“no...it doesn’t even look like its open” I shook my head.

“it will be, on saturday” BamBam grinned along with YugYeom. I gave the two a suspicious look, not knowing if I should trust these guys.

“Don’t worry, you will have a lot of fun” BamBam assured me.

“Okay...what are you guys getting for your hyung?” I asked out of curiousity and I am in need of some ideas. I am attending a birthday party and even though I don’t really know the birthday boy, I still have to get him something.

“I’m getting him a snapback” BamBam replied.

“and I am getting him a shirt” YugYeom also replied. I nodded, taking mental notes to not get those things for him.

“I don’t know what to get him” I mumbled.

“I’m sure whatever you get Mark hyung, he will love it” Yugyeom smiled. I replied with a forced chuckle, remembering that I am attending a birthday party of someone that I miss so much but yet do not want to see.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow then” I bid my goodbyes and left the school, making my way back home alone with my frozen hands in my pocket to maintain a decent body temperature. I really hate walking alone.

BzzBzz

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I sighed, not wanting to take my hands out of my pocket to read my text message. I end up having to pull my phone out of my ear and cozy pocket.

From: Taec Oppa

To:_______

Where are you?

Knitting my eyebrows together at the fact that Taec oppa suddenly messaged me. He usually doesn't text me unless he is really bored. I quickly tapped on my keyboard to send my reply.

From:______

To: Taec Oppa

Walking home, why?

 

To:_______

From: Taec Oppa

Heard you are going to Mark's birthday party tmr

 

To: Taec Oppa

From:_______

Uh yeah are you going?

Taec oppa is very protective, especially because I am like his little sister. He does not know what happened between Mark and I, but he knew that during that time I was not happy and I was not in the best mood. Ever since then, he has been watching over like he is my guardian angel.

To:_______

From: Taec oppa

Probably not. But I'm warning you to be careful at the party

 

To: Taec oppa

From:_______

Don't worry oppa, those guys are nice :)

 

To:_______

From:  Taec oppa

I'm not talking about got7, I'm talking about the people who are invited. Just make sure that you stay by Mark or Jackson's side.

Okay.. I am thinking twice about attending this birthday party. First, the location is just weird and the looks on BamBam and Yugyeom's face just made me question my trust with them. Now Taec oppa is warning me about the people who will be at the party.

To: Taec oppa

From:_______

Uh.. Okay...

I put my phone back into my pocket and continued my way home with numerous questions running through my mind about the party tomorrow.

------

"I'm home! " I called out while taking off my boots.

" how was school? " my mom asked from the kitchen.

"it was exhausting.."  I sighed and flopped myself down onto the long couch, resting my left arm over my eyes to block out the lights.

"_______, did you hear about Mark's uncle passing away?" my mom asked from the kitchen. My heart dropped to my stomach and I removed my arm from my face and just looked up at the ceiling. Goosebumps formed on my arms after hearing what my mom said

"no.. what happened? " I asked. Ever since we were little, Mark and I used to always play with his uncle. He was like my uncle too. He brought us to amusement parks, bought us ice cream and he taught us how to live life to its fullest. He was an amazing person. Even though it's been a while since I last saw him. I still feel heartbroken to hear that he passed away.

"heart failure" my mom said. "you should go talk to Mark"

"no mom, we don't talk anymore" I mumbled but loud enough for her to hear.

"he was your best friend though, I heard he took it the hardest. He locked himself in his room for days. He refused to talk to anybody" the words coming out of my mom's mouth felt like mini arrows shooting my heart.

"when did this happen? " I asked.

"two weeks ago"  

He seemed fine when I last saw him at the cafe and at school. He was always quiet so it didn't seem weird when he didn't talk. But I would've never guessed that this had happened.

"Just keep an eye on him, his mom is extremely worried about him" my mom said and I nodded even though she can't see me. I got up and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water and to see my mom for the first time ever since I got home. She stood infront of the stove with a pot of mysterious soup looking liquid. My mom is not good at cooking. Last time she tried to bake a cake for my birthday, she almost burned down our house. My dad had to ban her from using the oven.

"oh I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow" I told her.

"oh who's? " my mom asked excitedly.

"Umm.. Mark's"  I replied. My mom spun around and looked at me with her giant spoon in her hand.

"he is having a birthday party?" she asked a bit surprised.

"Mhmm.." I nodded.

"but his mom told me that he doesn't want to do anything. Why would he have a birthday party? " my mom furrowed her eyebrows together.

"I don't know.. It was actually BamBam who invited us, Mark didn't really seem like he cared much about it" I explained to my mom.

"hmm I guess he realized that he has to let go, just make sure that you keep an eye on him" mom my repeated herself.

"mom, I can't do anything about it if something is wrong" I talked back.

"you are his best friend" my mom said incorrectly.

"I was his best friend" I corrected her and walked away to go up to my room. I plopped on my bed and started to think about Mark. I really hope he's okay..the tragedy happened so suddenly. Well I think it was pretty sudden, I've always known his uncle to be such a healthy and happy man. I really want to know how Mark is doing right now..                               No. I can't. I don't have the right to care about him anymore.

To take my mind off of him, I scrolled through my phone. I went on instagram for a bit and liked a few pictures. I then decided to do some.. "getting to know someone"  by looking through all their pictures, also known as stalking. I decided to go on BamBam's page and looked through the list of people he is following. A name caught eyes.

Jacksonwangjy

I hesitated before tapping his name on my phone screen. I scrolled through his pictures very quickly to get to know a bit more about him. Few pictures of some scenery and few pictures of shoes. And to my surprise he takes selfies. For some reason, just looking at his selfies makes me blush. There is just something about the way he looks. He looks so tough, yet I see kindness in his eyes. I scrolled through more pictures and stopped at the most recent one. Uploaded 2 hours ago. I tapped on the picture to get a closer look. It is a picture of the school cafeteria, a whole bunch of people are in the picture and it seems like the didn't know that Jackson was taking a picture. What caught my eye was the center of the picture. The part of the picture where it is the most clear, where as everything around it was blurred out so  that the focus is on the person in the center. And this person looked a lot like.. Me.. I looked down at what I am wearing  right now and compared it to the back of that person. Simple black long sleeve, jeans and boots. Her hair is drapping down her back and so is mine. Beside that person was someone that looked like the back BuRin. I continued to look for more details on the picture, trying to find out if that person is actually me. Pretty similar to how I look.. I scrolled a little lower to read his caption.

Beautiful

That's all he said and that picture got 45 likes. I continued to scroll down to read the comments.

Your girlfriend? @jacksonwangjy

Omg I wanna see her face!! LOL @jacksonwangjy

Oppa! You have a girlfriend? @jacksonwangjy

Dude, she got a hot body ;) @jacksonwangjy

 

BzzBzzBzz

BuRin's derpy face appeared on my screen and I swiped to answer.

"hello? " I spoked through my phone.

"instagram right now."  she demanded.

".. Is it about Jackson's most recent picture? " I asked.

" oh my god. How did you know?! But you saw it right?! I told you he likes you! The proof is on instagram! " she shrieked.

"that might not be me"  I tried to save myself from losing to BuRin.

"oh okayyyy there could be another girl at our school that wore the exact something as you and her body looks exactly like yours and on top of that the person walking beside her looks exactly like me. Totally possible. " BuRin said sarcastically. I sighed and gave up.

"but that's kind of creepy don't you think?"  I asked.

"that's hella cute! " she yelled. I can't help but to smile, I mean it does seem kind of creepy if I don't know Jackson and if he didn't make it obvious that he.. Well I don't want to say that he likes me, because it's not for sure that he does. But you know what I mean. Overall I guess it is kind of cute.

"Just go for him already!" BuRin yelled.

"no~" I whined, starting to get a bit annoyed with BuRin constantly trying to get me to like Jackson.

"I don't even know what to get Mark for his birthday... " I sighed, trying to change the subject.

" oh Damn, I forgot about that" BuRin sighed even louder. Even though I want to tell BuRin about Mark's uncle passing away, I can't. I have to respect him, but my mom expects me to keep an eye on him. What can I possibly do?

"hey I'm going  to go now" I decided to end our conversation early so I can take a nap.

"you're sleeping again? " BuRin read my mind.

" Mhmm..so tired.. " I sighed, already getting too comfortable underneath  my warm blanket.

" okay.. Goodnight! Dream about JACKSON" she squealed and quickly ended the call before I could yell at her. I put my phone down beside me and closed my eyes to fall into dreamland.

Dream

A familiar silhouette of a guy stood in the corner of the large gym. The lights are dim and no one but the two of us are there. The figure slowly crouched down and sat on the floor with his back against the wall. I slowly approached the figure and as I get closer and closer a pressure starts to form on my chest. I tried to say something to get the person to look up so I could see who it is. Nothing came out. I tired again. Still nothing. I screamed this time. No luck. I keep getting closer to the person and the pressure on my chest starts to increase, causing breathing to become difficult. I reached out to touch the person and right before I could touch his shoulder  a strong force pushed me back. But for some reason, I have a strong urge to try to approach that person again. My gut tells me that it's the right thing to do, even if it does hurt me. Same results as the first try, I got pushed back by a strong force. It seems like this person has an invisible shield around him or something. I keep trying, every time I get closer than before I get pushed back further. I should just give up, but I feel like I need to help this person. Who is he??

 

HELLOOOOO BEAUTIFULSSSSS~ I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE THAT I AM GAINING SUBSCRIBERS!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ACTUALLY READ MY STORY!! <3 I’m surprised that I managed to update a chapter because I expected myself to be buried in homework and studying. I have at least four tests coming up this week D: BUT after friday, I can begin to write like cray!!!!! HEH ! KAy anyways , thank you so much for the support and remember that I LOVE reading your comments!!!!!

P.S. I wrote this and proofread this on my phone at 12 am, so please forgive me if there are any errors :( OH and sorry for such a short chapter!!!!!! but my chapters in the future won't be that long..so um...i guess this is a normal chapter length from me..SORRRYYYY