Start over

Unsure feeling

Yeeee I haven't updated and I'm sorry. Hopefully you were actually waiting on an update so here~

 

__________________________________________________________

The past week was quiet. I'd get through school as quick as I could and run to the studio to work on dances to meet my deadlines.

-Tuesday-

Ugh. I need to leave this class is taking forever to end.

Since third period this morning I've been talking to Max about working with me on this project and it's falling apart because I can't leave school, and he can't see me after school. Therefore, I have to find a new partner.

I walked up to the teacher and quietly asked to go to the restroom and make my way into the hallway.

I stood infront of the mirror and just sighed. I looked terrible. 

4:25 pm

I get out of school in twenty minutes but that's going to be twenty minutes too late. I left the bathroom and started to leave the school but I heard lots of yelling and laughter. Unknowingly I wandered towards it and peeked in the window. GOT7 had their free period and were dancing around and being silly. I liked seeing them happy but something disturbed me a bit. They all seemed to be trying to impress this girl like they would to me. I felt replaced. 

I didn't think about it but I opened the door and pretended something extreme just happned.

"I need your help" I didn't yell it but it was way louder than I normally talk. 

Everyone kind of stopped and looked at me. My eyes fell on the girl and a few of the guys eyes were back n' forth from the girl to me. 

Mark looked at the girl who was very close next to him and whispered to her then walked over to me. 

"You okay?" 

"No. I need someones help.."

"With what?"

"I need a dance partner for a big project and I'm beyond late finding someone"

"why didn't you ask us first?"

"You seem to have someone else occupying your time.."

Mark looked back at the girl and looked back down at me. I felt sad. I didn't like feeling replaced. I felt like I was getting closer to them and comfortable then a door just slammed in my face. 

I got a text and just told him to forget it and that I was going to the studio. 

"Alright" Mark looked worried. I left the room and out the school towards the studio. I didn't even care about the project or my lame excuse. That girl bothered me. 

I took my time walking to the studio because I felt so bummed out by what just happened. I saw the cute little cafe with the mug door and sat outside at one of the tables. I watched the customers come and go in and out the door and stared into space. I was so occupied with empty thoughts that I didnt even notice the waitress from the night I was there before trying to take my order. She sat down in the chair across from me and started waving her hands to gather my attention.

"You don't look good.. Are you okay?" I kind of just stared at her and tried to shake my head. 

"I'll bring you two something to drink"

Two? The waitress pointed behind me and I turned around and saw Mark standing there. 

Mark sat across from me and asked what was wrong.

"I have a lot of work to do and even though I've been working I didn't think I'd lose you guys so fast.."

Mark seemed a bit confused by what I said. "Lose us? Things have only started. We aren't going anywhere."

"Who was the girl earlier?..." I held my breath and waited for a reply I probably didn't want to hear.

"Ah you're upset because of her?" He laughed and leaned back in the chair with his arm extended out to the table. Still laughing at me he bit his lip and looked down then back up to me with another little chuckle.

"That's Jr.'s cousin. She's like 6 years younger than us you can't be jealous.."

My face just went blank. The waitress brought us some mango drinks and left. 

"Madi don't be jealous she's like a little sister and she whines a lot. We all talk about you literally everyday but you seem so occupied that we didn't want to bother you..."

I finally kept eye contact with Mark. "I'm serious we do! We even talk about you to his cousin!"

"Ah haha really?" I felt a bit better. Normally Mark would be a bit of an but he was being nice. I liked seeing this side of Mark.

"Will you help me?"

"With?" Mark leaned in closer like he was about to hear a big secret.

"I'm working with this company on a new idol groups choreography for their debut and I'm supposed to collaborate with another choreographer of my choice..-"

"but.. because of school I cant see Max to work on it so maybe.. you'd be my partner for this?"

"Hmmm that sounds do-able"

It felt good to finally smile. Marks face lit up as well and we talked about the group and the style. I played him a few songs that they sent me and we shared our ideas. 

We agreed to go to the studio tomorrow since it was late and were both beyond tired. It was around 8:00 pm now and Mark offered to take me out to dinner after our stomaches rumbled in unison.

Before we left I ran inside to pay for our drinks but the waitress told me it was on her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now go! I'm glad you and your boyfriend worked things out?" 

We both looked out the window and saw Mark standing there looking around. I turned back towards her and thanked her. I bowed and ran out to Mark and playfully argued about what to eat. 

"Italian?"

"YES" I covered my mouth quickly because I didn't mean to blurt that out. I didn't want to sound so excited but I couldn't take that back.

Mark laughed at me and looked up at the lights. Our hands brushed against each others ever since we left the cafe but it wasn't on purpose. I'd end up squished next to Mark with his arm around me from being pushed by other people trying to get by.  I parted from him when we turned down a street that wasn't as busy and not even half way Mark grabbed my hand.

"I think I'm going to make tonight a date. You and me. If you don't mind." 

I looked up and smiled at him and interlaced my fingers with his. We walked down the street a bit more and saw the tiny Italian restaurant on the corner. Still holding his hand tight I walked fast that him pulling him behind me to the end of the street.

I was starving but I wasn't gonna tell him to run.

The host sat us down at a small booth with a nice little candle illuminating the space. 

Mark was good at thinking of things to talk about. I would have stupid questions or mess up my korean even though I was good. 

He started asking me questions and I did my best to answer. I didn't want him to know everything about me right then and there. I turned the tables and started asking him questions. 

The waiter brought us our food and it didn't take long for my to dig in. 

"If I knew you were that hungry we would have ran here"

I wiped my mouth with my napkin and looked away with a smile. 

"Stop" 

Mark laughed at me and said it was cute.

I tried not to finish my food before him but I couldn't really help it.

"Ahh stop yawing it's contagious"

"I can't help it" I even yawned in the middle of saying that. 

Mark yawned in response and smiled. He held my hand and offered to take me home. 

"You don't have to it's not far"

Mark looked around and started pointing out drunk people or people who looked like thugs. "I don't want you to get harassed by them so I'm not giving you the chance." 

Mark pulled my arm as he started to walk away. I couldn't really argue with him on that. 

Trying to be adventurous I took him on cute little paths that were shortcuts to my apartment. There were some steep steps that he'd help me walk down. We got to the ledge that would drop down to the street of my apartment. Mark hoped down like it was nothing. Although I've done this before it seemed so much higher. I couldn't figure out how to get down without making a fool of myself.

"Sit on your "

"What why"

"Trust me"

I did as he said and thank god he was tall. He put hands on each side of my waist and told me to push off the wall a little. 

He helped me down the wall and it was kinda cute unitl I stepped on his foot. I apologised but he didn't even seem to notice I even stepped on his foot. 

"Ah, um.. I'll see you tomorrow? Thanks for making me happy today."

I looked up at my apartment and back up to Mark whose face was now much more closer to mine. I should have expected this. He leaned in for a kiss and to his surprise I didn't reject him. He kissed my forehead and told me to have a good night. I walked up to my apartment and he waited until I got inside to leave. 

I just had a date with Mark? Everything just hit me but I was really happy? How do I act around him and Jackson? 

I like Jackson a lot but after tonight what do I do?

I left my phone on the couch and went to my room to change.

I came back and saw the screen lit up.

It's good to start over. Sweet dreams. - Mark

I guess we did start over. 

 

 

 


ijwdfhbmndklfiuhbjnkdlmfi I've had trouble thinking what to write for this chapter and I just started writing. I haven't gone back and reviewed what I wrote so I'm sorry about any mistakes. I know theyres lots of typos but I'll go back and fix them! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope it's okay. :) 

Comment and subscribe. yeeeee <3

Goodnight!