Dream

Intuition

one week prior

 
"Why did I think you'd apologize? How could I have ever thought you'd realize the harm you caused me. You wont ever realize it. You are constantly so caught up in your own world that you don't even notice everyone else crumbling around you. And it's your fault! You're the reason we're crumbling. You left us to fend for ourselves! Mom loved you! Mom fought so hard to keep her head above water not for her sake, but for mine! You let her die! You let her die! YOU LET HER DIE!"
 Kyungsoo himself at his father with all of his body and strength knocking the taller man onto his back. Fist by fist his father's face became fractured and disfigured. Kyungsoo could feel nothing except the burning in his heart. The flames engulfed him eating him up from the inside out. He was so angry he hadn't even noticed Jongin lying on the concrete with all consciences lost.
  Jongin violently himself awake letting a quiet cry escape his lips. In a thick sweat, he rustled under the sheets trying to escape the grip around his waist. He followed the arm to it's owner and immediately relaxed. Kyungsoo. Jongin rolled to his side careful not to wake the latter. He curled around him wrapping his sleeping body in his arms hugging him with tears gliding down his cheek onto the pillow. Tear after tear, each one falling faster and faster. "Kyungsoo," Jongin wanted to speak but the words wouldn't come out. "Kyungsoo," again the words caught. I love you.
  In his sleep, Kyungsoo pushed his arms in front of him forcing Jongin to unwrap his arms. Kyungsoo rolled towards the edge of the bed away from Jongin leaving his boyfriend lying alone with tears streaming gently down his cheek.
   Jongin closed his eyes and took a breath. "It was just a dream. I can change it," he thought. The future was never set in stone. Maybe he could change this and fix it. Maybe he could change the outcome and help save Kyungsoo and his father's relationship. Maybe, just maybe things wouldn't have to be that way.
   Jongin heard Kyungsoo groan and watched as he rolled closer and closer to him. Jongin jumped at his cold fingertips as they met his chest, but giggled when Kyungsoo began snuggling up closer to him for warmth. He could feel Kyungsoo smile against his skin. Jongin then felt Kyungsoo push away slightly and flutter his eyes open. Jongin closed his eyes pretending to be asleep. He felt Kyungsoo intertwine his legs with his own and tuck his head back into his chest. Jongin waited a moment before opening his eyes and kissing him on the forehead. I wont let him hurt you, but I can't let you hurt him either.
 
 
 
 
 Kyungsoo awoke to the pitter-patter of the rain as it landed drop by drop on the roof. Groggily he lied still in the bed keeping his eyes closed. He lied still until a cold chill ran down his spine and he rolled over into the pit of the blankets until his body hit the pillow next to him. It was warm and Kyungsoo shoved his body right up next to it. He tucked his arms in next to his chest and snuggled up as close as he could. It smelled like fresh shampoo and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but nuzzle in closer.
Kyungsoo smiled as nostalgia sank in. He remembered when he’d done this with Suho. The night before, Kyungsoo’s dad kept calling him drunk and yelling over him being a queer and how he was going to hell and Kyungsoo couldn’t stop crying. Suho was there to see the whole thing and he never left Kyungsoo’s side. He even forced him to sleep with him that night. The next morning, Kyungsoo awoke to Suho’s obnoxious snores and tight hold on him. He laughed at the memory. He’d never felt so at home before that morning.
Kyungsoo wondered what it was that made him feel this way again. For the slightest second in his tired mind, he thought maybe, just maybe, maybe it was Suho.
Kyungsoo fluttered his eyes open and leaned back to look at the figure lying next to him. His breath began to shake and his heart began to pound against this ears. He watched his chest rise and fall with every breath and he shook his head slightly. There’s no way. It can’t be Junmyeon. Kyungsoo wanted to jump up and look at the face of the person lying next to him, but he feared he would wake them, so he slowly leaned his head back just until he could see his face.
Kyungsoo thought he’d be disappointed if he saw any other face besides Suho’s but he wasn’t. He was actually glad to see Jongin’s sleeping body lying next to him. Kyungsoo smiled just slightly and tangled his legs in with Jongin’s. He tucked his head into Jongin’s bare chest and closed his eyes focusing again on the rain’s pitter-patter on the roof.