Three Birds

Intuition

Kyungsoo lied on his bed staring at the ceiling above him in curiosity. He watched as the water rippled in the wind and there was an overwhelming feeling of serenity in the atmosphere. As he closed his eyes and took in a deep breathe to take it all in, Kyungsoo could smell the ocean aroma and hear the sounds of the ocean waves crashing against the shore.

When Kyungsoo opened his eyes, he was no longer lying on his bed. He was standing, the walls under his feet as if they were the floor. His face was so close to the water and he could see his reflection within the blue depths. But the face in that reflection was not his own. That face, the one that rippled in the tides with the waves, was Suho’s face. Kyungsoo furrowed his brows in confusion and couldn’t resist his urge to reach out and touch the soft, gently face of his best friend, but when he tried the water broke and swallowed him up in a huge tidal wave as if he’d just broken the glass keeping it in place. At first Kyungsoo held his breath, but when he couldn’t hold it any longer he took a big gasp and to his surprise, he could breath perfectly fine. He watched the water in its chaos and it was as if in a single second that chaos fell away and he was in a room.

Kyungsoo searched the environment a while before realizing it was Suho’s room. He looked down at the bed sheets below his back. He was lying on Suho’s bed. Kyungsoo could smell him: the scent of fresh mint shampoo and cologne. Kyungsoo smiled gently and rose up from the bed only to be startled at the presence of his best friend. Suho’s smile grew as he stared at him and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile back. Suho looked up slowly and Kyungsoo mimicked him.

They watched as two white finches danced above their heads flapping their wings together in perfect harmony. Kyungsoo watched them in amazement as they worked together chirping back and forth playing together, communicating. Kyungsoo looked back at Suho whom was still watching the birds. He watched his hyung in admiration enjoying every piece of him. Taking in all that he could knowing he may never get another chance.

Suho looked back down at Kyungsoo noticing his staring. His eyes were gentle and almost naïve. Kyungsoo reached his hand out and touched his face. It was soft, and his skin was smooth. Kyungsoo felt his heart sink to his stomach, but he couldn’t pull his hand away. Suho curled his head into Kyungsoo’s hand and smiled against his palm. He reached up and cupped Kyungsoo’s hand in his own and looked back up at the ceiling to view the birds. Kyungsoo wanted to just collapse into Suho and tackle him. He wanted to just do everything and anything to show him just how much he missed him. Kyungsoo hadn’t realized how much he really loved Suho until he died and now that he had the chance again to hold him he didn’t want to take it for granted.

Suho must have known how Kyungsoo felt and looked back down at the boy planting a gentle kiss on his cheek. He reached up his hand and pushed Kyungsoo’s chin up so he could see the birds too. Kyungsoo watched the birds fly around and then realized there weren’t only two birds, there were three, and all three were happy together.

 

 

Author's Note: 

I hope you enjoyed the chapter :) Please remember to upvote, comment, and subscribe :)Thank you SOOOOOO much :P