Armour

Intuition

Shaky hands, sweaty palms, concaving chest, rapid breath. Kyungsoo just wanted it to stop. He wanted to go back to yesterday. He wanted to go back to lying his head on Jongin's lap watching TV and eating chocolate truffle ice cream, but instead he was here in the men's bathroom of a crowded bookstore having a panic attack with only a few minutes until his fansign where his dad could be lerking just around the corner.

"Kyungsoo?"

Jongin. Immediately Kyungsoo's breathing calmed and his heart slowed. Unable to hold himself up any longer he gave way to gravity and let it pull him down and rest his arms on the sink's edge. He felt Jongin's arms wrap themselves around his shoulders in an awkward hug. Kyungsoo let his eyes close as he turned to lean his head on Jongin's shoulder. Jongin lowered his arms to Kyungsoo's waist wrapping themselves around and pulling his hips in as close to Jongin's body as they could.

"I'm here. Nothing's gonna happen to you. I'm not going to let anything happen. I'm here.It's okay. I'm here."

Kyungsoo pressed his ear against Jongin's neck listening to his heart, his breath, letting it calm him. Finally he inhaled a deep breath sighing into Jongin's neck accidentally sending chills down the artist's spine.

Jongin pulled Kyungsoo's head back to see him and pressed his forehead against the ladder.

"It's okay," he whispered.

"I want to go home."

Jongin whinced. He knew how this would go, but he couldn't get himself to tell Kyungsoo.

"Come here," Jongin commanded gently as he lead Kyungsoo over to the sink to whipe the sweat from his face and settle his hair.

"Remember what I told you. When he comes in just smile and let him leave. Don't say anything that requires conversation."

"Jongin, I'm scared," Kyungsoo whimpered clutching onto Jongin's shirt.

"It's okay. Remember my dream? It's going to be okay," Jongin reasured.

Jongin felt bad about lying to Kyungsoo about his dream, but he knew if he'd told him the truth he would be too afraid. Besides, maybe this way he'd be able to avoid that outcome.