This Is My Home

Intuition

Kyungsoo’s first thought as he plopped his body into the driver’s seat of his car was Suho. Now it was just normal to think of him, as if it had always been that way. Kyungsoo plunged the key into the ignition and started up the engine as he buckled the seatbelt. He tried to push away the thoughts like he always did, but just like every other time, the thoughts were still there haunting him in the background of his mind.

“You came,” Jongin yelped upon seeing Kyungsoo walking towards the doors of The Coffee Shop. His smile was more pronounced and innocent than Kyungsoo remembered and his hair looked like it had taken hours.

“Well yeah I came. You asked me to come,” Kyungsoo said with slight worry wondering if Jongin had really meant for him to show up.

“Well yeah I know, but still,” Jongin stuttered. “I mean,” he paused. “I didn’t knowif you’d get the message.”

Kyungsoo stared at the boy awkwardly. “Well, I did. I mean, I almost threw it away until I saw your name and then I read it and came,” he said walking up to a booth about to sit down.

“Wait,” Jongin said trying to block Kyungsoo from sitting.

“What,” Kyungsoo asked curling his brows and standing back upright.

“Well,” Jongin said reaching up and scratching the back of his head. “I mean, I thought we’d go somewhere else this time.

Kyungsoo stared at the boy as if the words he just shared were the stupidest thing he’d ever heard.

“Don’t look at me like that Hyung,” Jongin whined.

“Do not,” Kyungsoo yelled raising his eyebrows for emphasis. He paused upon seeing Jongin’s worried face. He took a deep breath and lowered his voice. “Don’t call me Hyung in public. It’s weird,” he said looking to the side.

“Sorry,” Jongin whimpered looked down at the ground.

“Anyways didn’t you ask me to meet here? So why are we going some where else,” Kyungsoo questioned.

“Well I don’t really know how to get there so I needed to pick you up so you can tell me where to go,” Jongin smiled suspiciously.

“You could have used a GPS,” Kyungsoo scoffed rolling his eyes and making his way back over to the exit.

“Yeah, but then we would have lost some precious time together,” Jongin said following behind.

Kyungsoo could hear the smirk on Jongin’s face and couldn’t fight the smile crawling onto his.

“Where are we going,” Kyungsoo asked fastening his seatbelt and grabbing the GPS. Jongin’s care reeked of fresh coffee and stale cigarettes. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but wonder if Jongin had ever smoked before, but didn’t bother to ask in fear that he might offend him on accident.

“Oh you don’t actually need that. I know where I’m going. I just wanted to get you in my car,” Jongin smiled openeing the glove compartment and placing the GPS back inside.

Kyungsoo swung his head around and glared at the boy with a sigh.

“What,” Jongin scoffed. “I’m saving you gas money,” he defended. “Besides, you know you love spending time with me,” he mocked swinging his arm behind Kyungsoo’s headrest and staring into his eyes for only a moment before looking back and pulling out of the parking space.

Kyungsoo laughed and looked out the window. Every once in a while, the two would look back and make eye contact awkwardly causing Kyungsoo to jolt his head back around and gently smile at the window while Jongin only laughed silently to himself.

“So, you’re apartment complex is nice,” Jongin said breaking the silence between them.

“Thanks, it’s pretty cheap, but it’s cozy there,” Kyungsoo said turning around to look at the dashboard.

“It’s a nice little place. I saw there’s a space open across from you,” Jongin said slowing down at the stoplight. “Who knows, I might get it,” he joked looking over at Kyungsoo fishing for his reaction.

Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin trying not to show his excited fear. “Really?”

Jongin let out a chuckled. “If you’re that excited then maybe I should.”

Kyungsoo crinkled his nose and looked back at the dash.

“We’re here,” Jongin smiled comfortably.

Kyungsoo leaned up in his seat eagerly peering out the front windshield to see a beautiful, small brick home.

“Where are we,” Kyungsoo asked looking at Jongin confused.

“This is my home,” Jongin smiled looking over at Kyungsoo as he unbuckled the Hyung’s seatbelt.