I Like To Think I Know You Well

Intuition

Kyungsoo sat on the floor with his legs criss-crossed waiting for Jongin to return with the bulgogi. He pulled the blanket up over his shoulders and around his neck. He was sleepy, but he was too hungry to lie down. He leaned his back against the couch and closed his eyes as he waited.

Jongin turned the corner and came into the living room from the kitchen. He set the two plates down on the coffee table and sat across from sleeping Kyungsoo. Jongin chuckled a bit to himself eating as he watched the latter snuggled in the blanket snoring quietly. Jongin was about to wake up his hyung when the thunder roared outside and awoke him instead. Kyungsoo jumped up in shock and fear. Jongin could see the fright in his eyes until they fell onto him and then the fear subsided. Kyungsoo smiled slightly and saw the bulgogi on the table. He leaned up and began eating.

“Thank you!!! Bulgogi is my favorite,” he smiled as he filled his mouth with the beef.

Just then the thunder rolled again and Kyungsoo flinched. He tried to hide his fear from the boy knowing he was older and he should be the one who was brave, but Jongin still noticed.

“I hate thunder,” Jongin lied. He actually loved storms, but he wanted to make Kyungsoo feel more comfortable so he said he hated them instead.

“Me too. I mean, it’s not like I’m afraid or anything. I just don’t like the noise.” Kyungsoo lied too.

Jongin smiled slightly taking a drink of water. “Liar,” Jongin grinned.

Kyungsoo crinkled his nose at the boy. “How would you know?”

“I’ve had dreams about you, remember?”

Kyungsoo fixed the blanket around his shoulders and cupped the glass of water in his hands. “Oh yeah, can you explain that to me one more time because I really don’t understand.”

Jongin sighed and nodded. “Sure. I just…You have to listen to the whole thing.”

Kyungsoo nodded listening intently.

“Well, when I was little I always had dreams. I would dream about little things like my mom pouring me a glass of milk, or juice or something and then the next morning that’s what would happen. It didn’t mean much to me until I told my family and then they told me never to tell anyone. Over time the dreams grew and became things of more importance like news articles that were to happen, but it was only certain ones that I would dream about. I didn’t know why I would dream of some and not the others. To me it seemed random until after I moved out when I decided to start drawing what I saw in the dreams. I realized that there was a guy who was in every single dream. He was always there. He was in every single one of my dreams.”

“Me?” Kyungsoo asked interrupting.

Jongin nodded. “Yeah. You were in every single one. Then I started focusing on you and overtime I just started dreaming of you and your life and when I saw the accident…” his voice trailed off.

Kyungsoo crawled up onto his knees and crawled over to Jongin laying his head in his lap. He pulled the blanket up and snuggled in closer to the boy.

Jongin rested his hand on Kyungsoo’s head and began ruffling his hair as he talked. “I tried to get there in time, but I didn’t get there in time, so I carried you out instead. I tried to get there on time to save you both, but I couldn’t….and I made the selfish decision to save you despite knowing how upset you’d feel after. I just couldn’t live knowing it was my fault that you died.”

Kyungsoo raised up and kissed Jongin’s cheek gently before lying back down causing Jongin  to giggle.

“But now here we are and I’m glad,” Jongin concluded taking a sip of water.

“So you’ve been dreaming about me since you were little?” Kyungsoo asked raising up to sit next to him.”

“Yep,” Jongin said nodding

“So how much do you know about me?” Kyungsoo asked suddenly feeling inferior.

“I like to think I know you well,” Jongin said curling his bottom lip.

“Okay, then what are my fears?” Kyungsoo asked sitting up straight and smiling.

Jongin chuckled a bit. “well, for one thing you’re terrified of thunder and loud noises. You get a little overwhelmed in crowds of people. You hate spiders. You get scared when people pick you up off the ground,” Jongin was smiling and so was Kyungsoo. But then Kyngsoo’s rel fears crept into Jongin’s mind and the smile faded. “You’re afraid that people will hate your writing. And you’re kind of afraid to get close to people because of your dad,” Jongin almost whispered frowning.

He looked up to find Kyungsoo staring at his feet lost in thought. Jongin looked away and was going to change the subject until Kyungsoo stopped him.

“So you know about my dad,” Kyungsoo askedmaking eye contact.

Jongin nodded slowly. “I know. I know what he said, what he did. I know how you felt, how you dealt…” Jongin’s voice trailed off as his eyes met Kyungsoo’s wrist.

Kyungsoo followed his gaze down to his covered arm. “Yeah…It’s pretty ugly.”

Jongin took hold of Kyungsoo’s hand and made him look at him. “It’s not ugly. It’s just you. It’s a part of you. It’s not ugly.” Jongin’s brows were raised and his eyes are stern. Kyungsoo knew he was serious and simply nodded.

Jongin sighed. “So, what about the things you like?”

Kyungsoo tilted his head confused.

“We established your fears, but what about the things you love?” Jongin pried.

Kyungsoo smiled a big toothy grin and nodded resting his head on his fists.

“You love the beach. You love winter. You love writing, poetry, dancing around in your room in only underwear and socks,” Jongin giggled as Kyungsoo shoved his fist into his shoulder.

“Hey!" Kyungsoo yelled brows raised and furrowed.  "That's personal!!" His eyes wide in surprise and embarrassment.

Jongin couldn’t stop laughing as he grabbed the latter’s arms and tackled him to the floor pinning him down between his legs.

“You love me,” Jongin smiled meticulously planting kisses on Kyungsoo’s neck as he fought to get out of Jongin’s grip.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

  Hey guys, sorry there hasn't been an update in so long. Hope you liked the chapter and sorry it's so short.