Tears and Dreams

Dollhouse

The whole night before you awaited for morning as usual.. You were getting tired of it, 16 years without being able to fall asleep.. You weren't ever sleepy to begin with, but it was the time of day where you used to feel so lonely as the princes were all in their dreamlands. Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard one of them tossing around in bed, apparently it was Kibum, Donghae was sound asleep and motionless. "omo... is Kibum oppa okay?" you whispered to yourself. It was the second sentence that escaped from your mouth and you weren't used to it. You felt the urge to move your hand to your lips but obviously no matter how you tried you couldn't since you were just a doll. You sulked as motionless as ever, dwelling yourself in the wonders of what would your life be like if you were human..

Your thoughts were interrupted again when you felt your blanket being gently pulled off..

"Annyeong Jaehwa.." Kibum said sleepily as he carried you over to his bed in his arms and took your blanket along with a free hand. "oppa was having a bad nightmare again.. Come for a walk with me again?" he smiled as he placed you on his bed and wrapped you in your blanket before he grabbed his knit sweater from his closet. He walked back quietly over to you again, trying not to wake Donghae up. "Oppa wasn't able to spend much time with you this week, and has a lot on his mind," he whispered as he took you outside in his protective arms, your head resting on his chest. The cold wind blew against you but he made sure the blanket kept you warm. "Jaehwa-ah, isn't it nice tonight?" he said, you didnt need to see his face to know that he had a smile on his face.

"dae.." you said quietly, hoping that he wouldn't hear you, which he didn't.

He stopped by the courtyard and sat on the wooden swing, he let out a sigh and looked up at the night sky.

"Jaehwa-ah, if only you could see how beautiful the night is... " he whispered softly to himself and looked down at you. "Oppa wished you were human," he began to speak again. "We all did," he paused again and shifted around on the swing. "if only there were still pixies, I'm sure pixie dust would be able to bring you to life. But what are we to do? Pixies have been extinct for over 2 decades already. And our advisor still thinks there's one left and she supposedly has the gem of the pixies that can save the world." his voice had tints of disbelief and sadness. "If we find this pixie, we'll change turn you human Jaehwa, so that you won't have to be so bored without us, you could come with us for events, you would be a real princess" he spoke as if he knew what had been going on through you head all this time.

"I wished I was human too oppa." you thought to yourself, you felt sad that you could not follow the princes everywhere, you were sad that you weren't able to comfort them with hugs like they could with eachother. You were sad that you couldn't move on your own, and speaking was already becoming so bewildering for you and it was happening so fast. You felt something warm flow out of your left eye and down your cheek and onto kibum's bare hand that was around your waist.

"omo.." he said, startled as he felt your tiny teardrop fall onto his hand. He stared at the tiny drop for a while before looking up at the sky. "Is it drizzling?" he wondered aloud, reaching his free hand out to feel for more raindrops. he stood you up on his lap and looked at your face, he was about to say something when he saw your tear-stained cheek. "Oh no, your face.." he said as he gently wiped the 'raindrop' away from your cheek gently with his thumb. He looked up at the sky again. "that's odd, no more raindrops" he said.

Beyond your control another tear fell from your other eye, but this time it stopped halfway down your cheek. Kibum looked down to you again and his eyebrows furrowed "is the rain attracted to you Jaehwa?" he smiled and wiped it away form your face again, then he noticed that your eyes were watery and another tear was threatening to fall. "J-J-Jaehwa..." he stuttered in disbelief. "Are you crying? You can cry?" he said more quietly. He stared at you quizzically, waiting for the next tear to fall just to be sure.

"kibum oppa" you said softly, half hoping he didn't hear you. He blinked and shook his head.

"Jaehwa-ah, Oppa is going crazy.." he smiled. "do you think oppa is going crazy? I thought I just heard you call my name" he laughed lightly.

"But I did kibum oppa.." you said a little louder now. This time kibum's laugh disappeared and his stare became intense. "Jaehwa, if you're really able to talk, I will wake up the hyungs and Kyu.." he said and swallowed a ball of saliva, "Especially Donghae hyung.." He continued, waiting for you to say something. He looked into your soft pink eyes pleadingly. "Jaehwa..." he began, hoping in his heart that he was just in a dream

"oppa.." you squeaked as another tear fell. 
.
Kibum looked more relieved the moment your tear fell, and wiped it away again. "Ya, why are you crying? Has oppa been very mean to you? Are you feeling cold?" he asked pleasantly, as he wrapped you in the blanket again. "Jaehwa," he began again. "tell oppa what do you wish for." he said, still looking at you.

"I want to become human" you replied. Kibum smiled at you again, he was slowly absorbing that fact that you could actually talk now.

"wae-yo?" he asked.

"I don't like being in the castle alone. I'd like to be able to fall asleep when oppas do so that I won't feel lonely, I want to watch oppas train their powers and -"

"Kibum-ah, what are you doing out here so early? It's 4am" Sungmin interrupted you from behind. "and why do you sound like a little girl? Are you wondering what would being a girl would be like?" he continued in a cheerful tone, Kibum turned to face him.

"it wasn't me hyung.." kibum replied, looking back at you. You felt nervousness overwhelm you as Sungmin stared at Kibum as if he were an idiot and then over to you. Kibum gave you a reassuring smile and a small nod. "geunchana.." he beamed at you.

"Sungmin oppa.." you began..

"OMO!" Sungmin shrieked. Kibum winced at the sudden outburst. "YA! that's not funny Kibum! As if Jaehwa can talk!! How do you talk with your mouth closed?!" Sungmin said as he sat next to kibum on the swing. You felt a little upset that Sungmin didn't believe it, but then again, you weren't able to say a word for over 16 years..

"I was shocked at fi-" kibum began when you interrupted him.

"It's really me talking oppa! It's really me!" you squeaked, you tears threatening to fall again. Sungmin stared at you, wide eyed "Please oppa.. Believe me!" you pleaded.

"Hyung hold her" Kibum said and put you into Sungmin's hands, he was still in a state of shock.

"Why are you only talking now then?" Sungmin asked cautiously.

"I found out I could when you came home from dinner..." you replied. "Is it time for me to turn to a human oppa? I'm scared." you said. Both princes were looking at you now. Sungmin a little more relaxed and kibum looking thoughtful.

"Turning human?" Kibum asked. Sungmin turned to face him the faced you again.

"My doll master said I'd turn human after a decade or so" you replied innocently.

There was silence for a minute or so.

"Oppa..." you called out to them a little more loudly to break the silence.

"We need to wake everyone up." Sungmin said quickly. Kibum nodded and walked back into the castle, Sungmin cradled you in his arms and walked briskly after him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________