Broken Pieces and A Huge Fright

Dollhouse

*Kibum's POV*

I gently put Jaehwa on my bed, Donghae hyung then covered her with my blankets and the 6 of us sat on the floor in a circle as we always did. So much was going through my mind right now and it was hard for me to absorb it, I couldn't help but glance over at my bed to see any sign of movement from Jaehwa. 

She didn't move an inch. 

There were 6 pieces of golden triangular shaped stuff attatched to long golden chains in the middle of the circle, now clean and washed. When Jaehwa had puked them out so painfully I remembered the pieces being covered in some form of glittery slime-like substance. It was so freaky that all I could do was hold Jaehwa and pray everything would stop. The amulet didn't really seem to help much, but it stopped her from shaking. The way it moved on her delicate skin a while ago made me want to yank it off her, he eyes were wide open and it seemed to be hurting her. 

Still haven't moved an inch yet.. It was hurting me when I saw her in that much pain. 

"What the heck are these?" Eunhyuk hyung asked as he looked at the pieces, making me face away from jaehwa and to  their direction in an instant.

"They're pendants" Siwon Hyung answeres flatly. We all looked up at him. "And one piece belongs to each of us. " he said.

"Hyung, there were 7 pieces" Donghae pointed out, noting that were only 6.

"I'm already wearing my piece" he said and showed us the long necklace he wore under his shirt. the long chain was identical to the rest, but each of the pieces seemed to look a little different. We took a look at Siwon hyung's piece, it had his name inscribbed on the back. 

"If one belongs to us.. " Sungmin began.

"Why are there 7?" Kyuhyun finished.

"One must be Jaehwa's.." I said, looking a Siwon hyung, who nodded and glanced over at my bed where Jaehwa was lying. 

"We should wear them" Eunhyuk said and looked at the pieces for his piece. He picked it us and wore it on his neck. I found mine and wore it around my neck, I felt a refreshing sensation when I wore my piece around my neck, like how I feel when I'm holding onto Jaehwa. By now the rest have already worn theirs, and Donghae placed Jaehwa's piece around her neck carefully. She didn't budge, she just lay there motionlessly, but no doubt that she was breathing lightly, which made me feel at ease.. 

I'll never forgive myself if anything happens to her and I wasn't around to protect her.

"What do you think these pendants do hyung?" Eunhyuk asked. 

"I'm not sure" Siwon answered.

"Makes me feel different though" Kyuhyun said, I nodded in agreement. I stood up and sat myself beside Jaehwa on the bed, she still hadn't moved, but her skin seemed to get more radiant. A while ago when she had been puking and screaming her skin was like dull paper, which horrified all of us. I her hair and I didn't want to take my eyes of her calm beautiful face. 

Was I falling for our little princess?

I shook my head and stopped my mind from wondering to far incase I whispered something and Eunhyuk would hear me. They were all studying their own pendants now.. I took a look at mine, it had my name on the back, like the rest had theirs on their piece. How could these pieces be in Jaehwa's body the whole time!? I leaned closer to Jaehwa to give her a soft kiss on her forehead. The others came around to check on her as well.

"When do you think she'll wake?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Who knows? Whatever happened must've been really horrible for her" Eunhyuk hyung said. 

"Well at least she's breathing.." Siwon hyung said calmly, taking jaehwa's hand and it gently. 

"To think these necklaces were in her body this whole time and she had to hurl them out so painfully. "Donghae hyung said and shuddered uncomfortably and reached out to her hair. I just sat by her side and held onto her hand.

"I wonder what these pendants are for.." Kyuhyun said curiousy and took a look at Jaehwa's pendant. All of us leant in and looked at the golden piece. I started feeling my own pendant move, I looked around to see that the rest of the princes were staring at their own necklaces as well, the pendants were somewhat vibrating and so was jaehwa's. 

"What the heck!?" Sungmin hyung exclaimed. 

The next thing that happened shocked all of us. Jaehwa's pendant was floating in mid air and all of our pendants were glowing and within a split second the 1 pendants slammed together, as if they were strong magnets attracting to eachother, into place as if completing a puzzle, forming a circular medallion. Siwon hyung took a look at the pattern on the medallion. It felt like a sudden wave had hit me and probably the rest of them too, since all of them looked surprised and were looking at their hands and feeling their body as if they were whammed with god-knows-what. 

"Hyung what's happening?!" Donghae said, eyes wide open again. I remained silent and kept my eyes on Jaehwa, keeping as calm as I could, but in fact, I was panicking inside, why is everything happening now? The medallion then stopped glowing, still hovering a little higher over Jaehwa's chest. Siwon hyung was still studying the medallion, his brows furrowed as usual. Without warning again, the glowing cracks on the medallion appeared, showing the seven pieces that belonged to us, which then separated.. I felt a huge bang at my chest when my pendant slammed at my chest, almost knocking the wind out of me. 

"Ow!" Eunhyuk hyung said, I guess I wasn't the only one who had half the air in my body whacked out. I looked down at my piece, it was glowing slightly as it stuck to my body, after a while it slowly stopped glowing, then it fell lose o the chain.

I then heard a thump and a gasp. My head automatically snapped to the direction of the source of the sound.

"Oppa?" Jaehwa said, exasperated, her eyes wide open and she was breathing heavily. She attempted to sit up but Donghae hyung pushed her back down gently, I helped her sit up properly and she looked at all of us with the most frightened expression I've ever seen on her face. "Oppa" she called again, her pink eyes were so big it looked like they were going to pop out of her little head.

"Are you alright?" Siwon hyung asked and sat on my bed facing her. She nodded blankly without really thinking. 

"You scared us!!" Sungmin hyung said.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, her hair, she merely shook her head.

"I just feel weak" she replied.

"You were knocked out for quite a while" Donghae hyung said, his expression really pained. 

"what happened?" she asked.

"Don't you remember anything?" Eunhyuk said.

"I was with you, kyu oppa and kibum oppa in the field, then I couldn't control myself.. my whole body was hurting and I couldn't breathe or move, I saw oppas calling me. I wanted to call you back, but I couldn't my body wouldn't let me. Then I saw Donghae oppa come, I could hear him shouting and kibum oppa shouting.. It hurt so much it was like my chest was burning so badly, like I was on fire, I was scared and  I didn't know what was happening, then suddenly everything went black. Then I end up here" she said, holding onto . Did she not remember puking so badly?

"Is that all you remembered?" Eunhyuk asked.

"Did something happen to me?" Jaehwa asked. She had no clue...

"Well you puked these out after my amulet was put on your chest. You were shaking and screaming so badly that we all panicked." I explained, showing her the broken pieces of the medallion. She looked at me, her eyes apologetic. 

"It was horrible to watch you puke it out." Donghae hyung said and pulled her close for a hug. She rested her head on his shoulder and sighed deeply. 

"Don't you rememeber that?" Sungmin hyung asked. She shook her head as she pulled away from donghae hyung. 

"But before I woke up, everything turned white, like I was looking at direct light. I remember wishing for something to happen, like to wake up and hope I was still alive" She said, clearly dazed and still shaken.

"Well, a while ago our pendants have formed together to form a medallion." Siwon hyung explained. 

"I still wonder what that's supposed to do" Kyu said.

Jaehwa scrutinized her oendant, then looked at the rest of ours, one by one, then her brows furrowed.

"I know what they do." She said flatly.