Adjustments and Worry

Dollhouse

It was already afternoon, you felt warmth on your skin. You practically loved the fact that you could feel the soft heat now. When you were a doll you couldn't experience the changes in temperature, so you never really felt cold or anything all this time, but now that you were almost human, except for the fact that you were hell tiny (50cm is pretty small no?) and you were slowly able to move your face (like smile and all). "how long has it been?" you wondered silently to yourself.. "has it been a few days?" You listened out closely for any signs of the princes as you usually did every few hours.. But no signs, although occasionally you heard whispers from the hallways amongst the butlers and maids, but you never really listened in, merely interested in hearing one of the princes voices, mostly, kibum's voice.

Meanwhile, the princes were already near the castle grounds, they weren't tired of course, but they felt the time they took to run so far was pretty long, it was already in the late afternoon when they caught sight of their practice grounds. 

"Slow down for a bit" Siwon suddenly shouted and all 6 princes came to a mind-blowing halt, just at the outskirts of their practice grounds. 

"What's up hyung?" Kibum asked, taking a look at his arm, the cut was fully healed but the bone still stung a bit he winced a little in annoyance.

"Get that patched up and put in a cast" Sungmin pointed when he noticed kibum wince, kibum merely nodded in response.

"We need to speak to the advisor immediately about this, and tell him about Narsha noona and Yunho hyung's death.." He said slowly, lowering his head.

"He'd be devastated.." Donghae said.

"Yeah, Narsha noona and Yunho hyung meant the world to him" Sungmin added. The advisor was Narsha and Yunho's (Narsha and Yunho are siblings in this story)  uncle, he was the royal advisor since a the previous royalties were in rule. However he was getting old and was devastated when Yunho and Narsha were badly injured after the war 16 years ago, and had promised to take care of the princes until he himself perished. 

"But he has the right to know" Kyuhyun said calmly.

"Are you alright there you?" Siwon said as he patted Kyuhyun on the shoulder.

"I'll kill him" Kyuhyun snarled as he looked away.

"We'll get them" Eunhyuk smiled encouragingly and gently hit kyuhyun on the back.

"Let's get home quick, I'm sure everyone's waiting for us..." Kibum said with a sigh. With that, all of them sped off in unison towards the castle. 

"Princes!" The advisor greeted the six of them with outstretched arms as they jolted to a stop in front of him at the front porch. "What happened to all of you?" he questioned, noticing their worried expressions. "Why aren't you in the car? Is everything alright? Where's the driver? How's my nephew? You must've stayed quite a while over there-" he rambled on as he held onto Siwon's hands gently and looked up at them. 

"the demons got to him before we did.." Siwon interrupted his sea of questions, he felt the advisors' grip loosen from his hands and his hands slipped away. "Mianhae.." Siwon said. "Hangeng told us they had Narsha too" he said regretfully. "Hyung, you've been so good to us, and I think you should have this.." he continued as he placed Yunho's necklace into the advisor's shaking hands.

"My neice and nephew..." he mumbled, as he clutched the necklace in his hands, he turned around and called one of the maids who stood behind him. "get the princes a cup each.. they must be really thirsty" he nodded at her. "Did you get into a fight?" he asked grimly, looking over at kibum's arm.

"neh.." Kyuhyun said coldly. 

"Kibum got injured.." Sungmin reported.

"Heechul had a new manicure I see" he said as he looked over at the slash wounds. Kibum smiled and nodded. The advisor called for another maid to bring the doctor to get kibum's arm treated properly. "Yes, he was quite a diva even back then, Narsha always criticized him" he smiled and a tear rolled down his cheeks. He turned to walk into the castle and the princes followed him into the dining room where they all sat down, a maid placing a cup of blood in front each of the princes. Kibum was getting his arm examined and fixed by the doctor, the advisor noticed Kyuhyun's silence and looked over at him. "What's wrong Prince kyu?" he called to the magnae, who simply shook his head. 

"Kangin upset him again" Eunhyuk reported. the advisor nodded understandingly, knowing what had happened to Kyuhyun's mother. 

"You'll get your revenge Prince kyu," The advisor smiled warmly at him, kyu returned the smile with a small painful smile a he took a gulp of blood. 

"what did Kangin throw at you just now?" Siwon asked. 

"I don't know.." Kyuhyun answered, fumbling through his pocket and took out a golden chain which looked similar to Yunho's. He looked at it closely and his eyebrows furrowed. "I think you should take this hyung.." Kyu said as he passed it over to the advisor, who took it. "Narsha noona's necklace." he said, sighing in his seat. 

"Guess we know which one of the demon clan killed her then.." Eunhyuk sighed.

The royal advisor got out of his seat and stood in front of all 6 princes, he kneeled onto the floor, with his forehead on the ground. The princes got up immediately and picked him up, "Hyung!" they yelled "get up!" sungmin pleaded.

"Please, your highnesses, avenge the death of my neice and nephew.." he said as he sobbed in grief. The princes patted him on the back and helped him up. "they were the only family I had left" he said sadly as he held onto the necklaces, and put them over his neck, the pendants clicking onto his own. 

"You have one too.." Kyuhyun pointed, noticing that the three pendants were identical.

"Yes, everyone had this in our family." the advisor said proudly. "You have no idea how proud I was when I found out my neice and nephew had powers and were going to be royalties. I was only in the vampire army then, and when they were crowned two thousand years ago they wanted me to be their advisor." he smiled triumphantly at the memory. "It's getting late, you should all take a rest, it must've been hard for you.." he said, as he walked off to his room at the far end of the castle. 

"Goodnight hyung" they greeted as they walked in the opposite direction towards their rooms, or rather, Donghae and Kibum's room.