Snap and Bang

Dollhouse

All four of you lay on the grass in the middle of the massive training field. You lay next in between donghae and kibum, but you were resting against donghae's side, your head resting on the side of his tummy. You started to smell something a little funny but ignored it. You crawled over to donghae's shoulder and rested your head on his shoulder, your body just next to his face and closed your eyes like how the three princess did.

"good morning hyungs!" Kyuhyun greeted as he walked down to where they were with sungmin and Siwon. 

"morning" they replied.

"Good morning princess" Sungmin said as he picked you up from donghae's shoulder.

"Good morning oppas" you greeted and fleeted over to each of them to give them a good morning peck on the cheeks before flying back into sungmin's arms. The seven of you sat on the grass happily, chatting away and talking about anything under the sun, until the stench of burning plastic hit you like a slap on the face again. You shot up and looked in all directions but still keeping close to the princes. 

"What's wrong Jaehwa?" Kibum said as he sat up as well.

You were about to speak when Eunhyuk shot up and yelled "did you hear that too Jaehwa?" he said, looking around like you did. you nodded. The both of you could hear mild screams and many panicky footsteps.

"I smelt that stench again" you added.

"TAKE JAEHWA INTO THE CASTLE NOW" Siwon yelled, when he realised what was happening. Sungmin covered your head with his hands and ran towards the castle, the other princes following him, when sungmin was about to get to the entrance, the demon clan had blocked the princes way.

"What do we have here..." hangeng said as he looked at you. Sungmin stepped back to the rest of the princes with blazing eyes, his fangs were showing defensively as a low growl ripped from him as he held you protectively in his arms.

"They found the pixie" ryeowook said, moving closer and closer. Donghae and Kibum immediately hissed dangerously from behind sungmin, causing ryeowook to jump slightly and cower behind yesung who smacked the back of his head.

"Nonsense you fool" kangin snarled. "They had her all along. And we're here to take her!" he said as he pounced forward. Sungmin growled loudly, bearing his fangs and Kyuhyun was about to attack him in response but instead of pouncing towards them, it appeared that kangin had his whole body slammed against an invisible electrified wall. He fell to the concrete ground and hissed in pain, his body steaming slightly, he got up and banged his large fist at the 'wall' only to realised that there was a forcefield around the princes. 

"What's this?!" Shindong said as he tried banging his fist against the forcefield himself, and getting electrified in return. 

"You idiots!" Heechul screched sharply. Shindong and Kangin immediately followed their leader's orders and stepped back.

"It seems to me like our bloodsucking princes have new powers. " hangeng said, cocking his head to the side, his orange eyes fixed on you as you held on tightly to sungmin. 

"Jaehwa don't let go of sungmin" eunhyuk whispered only loud enough for you and sungmin to hear. You squeaked silently in response, clearly aware that it was you who was making allowing sungmin to create the forcefield. 

"what do we do now hyung?" Yesung asked.

"Since we can't get the pixie now, looks like we have to come back some other day." Hangeng scoffed. "King Leetuek  will be so pleased with the news we have for him. "

"I can't wait to slice up that pretty face of yours" heechul sneered. A low warning growl ripped out from kibum who looked like he was about to pounce onto him. Heechul smirked and admired his claws as usual, unamused. You winced and shook uncontrollably at his words and felt sungmin's arms tighten around you. 

"Let's go, there's no point wasting time here." Hangeng said, smirking at you. He walked away calmly while the rest of the clan followed him and they walked casually out of the castle grounds by the training field. 

Siwon was fuming and his eyes were blazing as much as before. Sungmin had already let the forcefield subside and he was holding you close to him to keep you calm. Kibum was you hair while donghae was trying to talk to you.

"We need to step up with the security here." Siwon said. As he stormed into the castle immediately. The others followed him, only to see that their most of their maids and butlers were killed, only a few had survived.

"Your highness" a few shaky voices came from behind them, the princes turned around sharply, to see a frightened maid bowing. Eunhyuk sat her down on a chair and she explained to them what had happened. 

*maid's pov (flashback)*

I was cleaning the kitchen with unnies when I heard something from behind me. I turned around to see no one so I completed my cleaning and walked along the corridors to the hallway leading to the princes' rooms, not exactly seeing where I was going, I tripped over something and I realised it was someone's foot. I looked over and realised it was Dong Bum oppa's foot. 

Why the heck is he lying on the floor!?

I shook him at the ankle, to wake him, he was a light sleeper.. But he wasn't budging, suddenly I heard footsteps, and unfamiliar voices, being cautious, I hid behind the pot of plants.

"They aren't in their rooms" one voice said. I peeked up quietly to see the demon clan. I clasped my hand over my mouth and kept silent and still. 

"They're in the field" another voice said and they headed down the spiral staricase. I felt terrified and I moved about as quietly and as discreetly as I possibly could, I found so many of the staff on the ground, dead. Then I heard shouting and snarling from the field.. "The princes!" I thought to myself and I watched over from the corner of the stone windows.. I hurried down to the ground floor, many of them were down as well. How was this possible? 

I hid behind the wall again when I heard the footsteps again, fearing it was the demon clan, then I heard the princes speak, I dropped to my knees, too frightened to scream..

"Your hignesses" was all I could manage.

*end of flashback and pov*

"Jinni - si, could you get the rest of the maids and butlers here and help clean up the mess? We have a lot of preparations to do now." Siwon asked once Jinni (the maid) was feeling better. She stood up and bowed. Within an hour, there were only 10 maids and butlers left, out of the 20 that were once serving the princes. 

Siwon and the princes proceeded to the 2nd basement, where they activated a massive forcefield and activated the security alarms throughout the castle. 

"We should have turned the security on since the advisor was murdered." SIwon said, blaming himself fro the trauma you just went through. You were now in kibum's arms, holding onto him helplessly, still a little frightened, he held you protectively and never took his eyes off you. "Jaehwa, I'm so sorry" Siwon said as he took you gently from Kibum.

"It's not your fault hyung" Kibum said.

"Yeha, who knew they'd step in here so soon?" eunhyuk said.

"we just need to be more prepared" Donghae and sungmin encouraged. Siwon calmed down and nodded.

"Oppa.." you said into his shirt as you burried your face into the soft material.

"Neh?" they all replied you in unison. 

"will they really come back to kill me?" you said, your voice still muffled and shaky.

"If they do, we'll protect you" donghae said as he your hair. "We will always be here for you"

"but what if you aren't?" you thought to yourself.