~02

Mysterious Powers (Discontinued)

The day passed by slowly. I was so excited for the dinner. Maybe it’s because I really want to see Sehun. Anyway, the dinner is at 7 and right now it is 5. I heard the door unlock and saw umma and appa come in.

“Welcome back!” I said

“Aigoo thank you sweetheart!” umma said.

“What are you doing Jinli? You need to get ready for the dinner!” appa said.

“Aish appa. I will change don’t worry.” I said.

I went up to my room and looked through my closet. What should I wear?  Then I found a very pretty dress. It was a mint colored dress with a white ribbon tied around the waist. It was perfect. I also found my mint green heels to match with the pretty dress.

 

 

tumblr_m5w8zqDQqR1r55ae9o1_r1_500.jpg4b0f69423ff8b855566426a518be32cb.jpg

 

 

 

I curled my hair and put eyeliner on. After about two hours I was finished. I walked down stairs and saw Frani in a cute pink dress with purple heels.

 

 

 

rx59hl-l-610x610-dress-cute-dress-cute-p

 

 

After that we were off to the Chinese restaurant.

We arrived inside and my dad asked for reservations with the Oh family. They led us to a small room with two tables. One table on the right and the other table on the left. Frani and I were supposed to sit at the table on the right while our parents sat at the table to the left. Five minutes later Sehun’s family came in.

“Omo! I’m so sorry we got caught in traffic and Sehun took so long to change!” His mother said.

“Umma!” Sehun pouted. He looks so cute.

“No it’s alright Unnie we just arrived.” mother said.

“Alright that's a relief.” His mother said.

Sehun took a seat beside Frani which made me a little jealous because there was a seat next to me.

“Oppa! It’s been so long! How are you?” Frani beamed.

“I’ve been alright Frani. And you?” He said.

“I’ve been great!” she smiled. Frani always seems like a little child.

"Jinni, have you been alright? I haven't seen you in forever." Sehun said.

"I'm doing fine thanks for asking, but Choi Yu Jin was a big pain in ."

"HEY! One, I am not a bother to you. Two, Never call me that! I hate my Korean name! How would you like it if I called you Choi Mi Rae?" Frani whined.

"I wouldn't be bothered because I actually like my Korean name. It has a pretty meaning. And why won't you ever get used to your name anyway? Your were called by that name for years." I said.

"Yeah, future is a pretty meaning. Plus, I tell my teachers to call me by my American name." Frani scoffed.

"Fine! Since we did live there for 5 years I will let this slide." I said.

"HA! I always win!" she said.

"HEY! You do not always win just because you are the maknae in our family!" I yelled.

(If you're confused, Jinli and Frani were born in Korea. But, some "things" happened and they moved to America for 5 years. But they met Sehun before that and while they were in America they were still in contact with the Oh family. I will explain this in another chapter. They like their foreign names better than their Korean names. Sorry for the really big confusion.)

"Alright, Alright settle down. When do you stop fighting?" Sehun said.

"NEVER!" We both replied.

Our food arrived and we started eating. I felt left out because Sehun and Frani kept talking and didn’t include me. Why is that? I was always included in the conversations. I sighed. This dinner was extremely boring for me. I got so jealous when he smiled brightly at Frani. He’s never smiled like that in front of me. Maybe he’s just being nice to her. After all, it is her graduation.

We were almost finished and our fortune cookies came. I never bothered opening them because they cannot predict the future.

“Oppa, unnie open your fortune cookies and read them!” Frani said.

Sehun opened his and it said:

You will hurt the person that cares about you the most, but you won't even realize it.

“Wow… this is uhh” he said

“That’s really weird.” She said “Well let’s look at mine!”

Frani opened her fortune cookie and it said:

Trying to keep a secret from someone will not always benefit them.

“What? What does this even mean? These can predict the future right? Now I’m scared” she said.

“Don’t be silly Frani, fortune cookies cannot predict the future.” I said.

“You never know Jinni, the world is unpredictable.” She said.

“Enough of this, guys. Jinni what’s your fortune?” Sehun said.

“I’m not going to open mine” I said.

“Come on! It’s just a fortune. Like you said, they can’t predict the future right?” Frani pouted.

“Alright, I will open mine. Since it is my little sister’s graduation.” I said

“Yay!” She shouted.

I opened mine and it said:

You never know what will happen next. Be prepared...

“This is so cheesy.” I said

“Haha it’s cute though.” Sehun said.

After that we all left the restaurant and Frani’s words kept repeating in my head.

You never know Jinni, the world is unpredictable.

Can fortunes that come from a cookie really come true? I thought