~09

Mysterious Powers (Discontinued)

Mi Rae/ Jinli POV

I woke up from a deep sleep and got ready for school. Great, another day of torture. I thought.

Nevertheless, I walked to school.

Seriously, math and English are the worst classes for me. Not because it’s hard. Math is super easy and English is no problem for me since I went to America. It’s the people in those classes. I have to deal with my crush sitting next to my enemy in English, and Baekhyun in math.

What did I do wrong to deserve this? I get a lot of hate from girls because they think I have some connection with Baekhyun.

I don’t.

We are simply acquaintances and nothing else. He’s a jerk, why would I even like him?  But he can be a bit silly at times.

Today I have double English. Oh great, seeing those two must be so much fun am I right?

I think they have gotten close.

Too close.

Almost as if they were dating. But like Frani said, they could be friends right? Maybe I’m just paranoid. I should trust Frani, she’s my sister after all.

The bell rang and it was time for lunch. I went to my locker to get my food. This is the only time I get peace from the idiots in this school. As I was walking, I noticed two shadows from the corner of my eye.

Probably a dumb couple. Ugh, get a room! Seriously, people still exist you know!

As I was walking my jaw dropped.

It was Sehun and Chae-young.

Kissing.

They both stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

Chae-young smirked and Sehun was silent.

Someone finally spoke.

“Oh, hello Jinli, didn’t expect to see you here hmm?” Chae-young said.

I was trying to hold back my tears. I’m feeling too much emotion right now. But I have to stay strong. To prove that I’m not as weak as before.

Frani arrived.

“Hi Unnie! Hi Op… What’s going on here?” she asked

“Um, Jinli, Frani, I’d like you to meet my girlfriend, Chae-young.” He said.

My world came crashing down.

“So you like her?” I finally spoke.

“What? You didn’t know? Frani said she would tell you!” he said.

I looked at Frani.

“You knew and yet you didn’t tell me?!” I yelled.

“I-I’m sorry I just didn’t want to hurt your feelings.” She said frightened.

“Feelings? What feelings?” Sehun said.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I ran away tears cascading down my face. Why was fate so cruel to me? I heard Frani calling my name. I ignored her. Eventually, my head started spinning, my vision was blurring. I weakly called Frani’s name.

And fainted.

______________________________________________________________________

2 days later

I woke up and looked around me. I was in a hospital room. How did I get here? I heard my mom and dad’s voice talking to a doctor.

“What happened? Why was she in that kind of state? My daughter has been unconscious for 2 days now!” My dad spoke.

“I’m really sorry Mr. Choi. But we really can’t explain what was going on. Everything was perfectly fine. We don’t even know how this came to be. It’s like some form of magic or force.” The doctor said.

“F-force?” my mom stuttered.

“I see. Well then thank you for at least trying to care for my daughter. Can you leave us alone please?” my dad asked.

“Of course.”

I called to my parents.

“Mommy? Daddy?” I said weakly. I felt so powerless.

“Oh my god sweetie I’m so glad you are okay!” my mother said. She then looked at my father.

“I guess it’s time isn’t it honey?” he asked.

My mom nodded.

“Tell me what?” I asked. I was really confused.

“Your powers.” They both said.

“MY POWERS?! I HAVE POWERS?!” I asked shocked.

“Frani does too.” Father said.

“What? What is this? Does Frani know?” I asked.

“No darling, But we will tell her soon. Now calm down. We have much to tell you.” Mother said.

She got a book out of her purse. It looked pretty and elegant.

Gems-cover-spine.jpg

“This book contains all the information of your powers. Frani will get one as well, but it will look different.”

I was shocked I never knew that any type of power existed. I thought that those were only in TV shows and books.

“So what’s my power?” I asked.

“Well, Mi Rae everyone gets the same power. No one’s power is different. It’s been the same for the past couple thousand years. I inherited the powers from my mother.” My dad said.

“There are three main positions in the cycle as we’d like to call it. There is a Guardian, a Protector, and a True Love.” My mom said.

“So who’s who?” I asked

“Well I’m the guardian, your mother is the true love, and my brother is the protector.” Dad said

“What am I?”

“You are the Guardian.” My mother said.

“Which makes Frani the-“

“Protector. Yes.” Dad said.

“Then who is my true love?” I asked bewildered.

“Well you have to find him on your own sweetie.” My mother said

“Awww.” I pouted.

“But here, read the book and it will tell you all about your position in the cycle.” My dad said.

I opened the book and started reading.

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay guys, I’m back! I know you missed me, probably not but that’s okay. Next chapter will be the book. There will be no dialogue, only what’s in the book. I hope that made sense. If not, just wait until the next update and you will see what I mean.