~08

Mysterious Powers (Discontinued)

Meanwhile…

“We need to tell them.” She said

“No. I don’t think they’re ready for this.” He said

“But they are our kids and Mi Rae is turning 16 in 6 months. We don’t have much time left! ” She yelled. She started to pace back and forth.

“Calm down sweetie. Sit down.  I know that we have to tell them, but do you think they will be able to handle all of this information?”

“Well you and your brother were able to handle it when your parents told you. Mi Rae and Yu Jin will be able to take it. If your brother isn’t here, then it will be more difficult for Yu Jin.” She said.

“I’m worried about Mi Rae though. You know she is very weak emotionally.” He said.

“But she still needs to know! We need to tell them sooner or later! So why not now?!” she yelled.

“This is a big responsibility for both of them, especially Mi Rae. They are both different than other people.”

“What if she can’t control it?” she asked.

“This isn’t like we are controlling fire sweetie. Please calm down and sit.” He said.

“YES IT IS! Fire is included and you know exactly what I'm talking about. also what if it happens again? You and your brother almost died.” She said.

“I’m sure something like that will never happen again. It’s very rare that both will die.” He assured.

 “What do we say to them?”

“Well, we need to pass the book on. And once we pass the book on, my powers will disappear and all of them will be given to Mi Rae. The cycle has to continue.” He said.

“But what if Yu Jin can’t protect Mi Rae? What if Mi Rae abuses her powers? What if she uses them for bad? What if they hurt each other? I’m scared. I don’t want them to get hurt.” She started crying.

“Shh… come here sweetheart. I know that they won’t get hurt. It’s not a really magnificent power anyway.” He said. They both hugged.

“It’s still unique and different.” She mumbled.

“Yes, but it doesn’t really affect us that much. It’s just that we have something that other people don’t” he said.

“Do you think they can keep this a secret from the rest of the world? No one else is allowed to know besides the true love.” she asked.

“Yes, they are grown-ups Honey.” He said.

“To you they are, but to me they are still my little babies.” She sighed.

“We will tell them after our business trip is over alright?” He asked.

“That’s like a month away.” She said.

“Or we can never tell them.” He teased.

“After the trip sounds fine.” She quickly said.

They both laughed and hugged each other.