Freaky Friday

Your Average Love Guru

 

Chapter 4 Freaky Friday 

 

Third week of January 2014

 

Friday night. The day of his quest to find out more about Kai---the best soccer player in school, the most good-looking boy in the whole world, the object of his affection, the ABS!---Oh yes, Kai's abs were to die for.

 

He chose his favourite black hoodie jacket (because black was the in-trend colour these days) and slipped it over his black wife-beater. If I actually bother to work out, I might have abs too, Kyungsoo thought as he checked himself out in the mirror. But alas, working out, sweating, and basically having anything to do with his body were not part of his future goals at the moment.  He planned to finish high school first, enrol himself in one of the best universities in Korea and graduate with a first class degree before (eventually) committing himself to ---dare he says it!---a marriage. Cue Beethoven's 5th symphony. Dum dum dum dum!

 

For now, there was Kai. One thing at a time.

 

After fixing his hair with some of Luhan's magic hairgel and Baekhyun's scented hairspray, he took a look at himself one last time before bidding his friends goodbye. "If you want some condoms---"

 

"I do not need your disgusting condoms, -han."

 

Luhan shrugged. "Just saying. Safe is always better than having some weird germs destroying your for the next 60 years of your life. STD , you know."

 

"Oh god no, he's NOT having with anyone tonight, Luhaen. Stop being such a jackass." Baekhyun argued back.

 

"I'm just watching out for my best friend, Baekho. Sheesh, diva much. Have fun, Soo. If you're planning to bottom tonight, make sure he's got some lube on him. but I'm pretty sure you'll be topping." Luhan grinned, earning a hard smack on the back of his head by Baekhyun. 

 

"Stop corrupting our baby."

 

"I'm done with the both of you." Kyungsoo muttered with a sigh. "Ciao, my es."

 

"W-wait, I haven't talk to you about blowj----"

 

Slam.

 

Peace. Finally. He left his friends to bicker about his life, not intending to know what they have to say about it. After all, at the end of the day, he was the only one who had any right to do whatever the he wanted to do with his own life, and that included his position in bed. Besides, Kai was clearly the bottom.

 

Ok, maybe he should at least carry a packet of with him. You know, just in case someone decided to randomly pull down his pants and top him instead  and----EW, THAT'S STATUTORY RIGHT THERE. He was sixteen, for ab's sake! Why the was he even thinking about like this?! No, screw condoms. Nobody was screwing his tonight, that's for sure.

 

He casually strolled over to Kai's dorm room after that, and waited by the staircase for the boys to appear.

 

 

 

"Where are we going tonight?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Anywhere but here." Sehun replied, ruffling his tousled blonde hair a little to give it a final touch. "I'm thinking about the new hat store we saw the other day. The one we couldn't enter because Kai had a nuclear bomb to dispose."

 

Kai mimicked Sehun's annoyed face and rolled his eyes. "Screw you. I had an actual emergency, okay."

 

"ing killed me in my sleep that night because the smell was too strong. You left the bathroom door open, you piece of ."

 

"Whatever. You deserve it. Anyway, are you guys done? I'm turning into Sehun's grandpa here. Oh wait sorry, that's your face." He remarked, grinning at Sehun's face through the mirror.

 

" you and your grandma, and I don't do old people jokes. Chanyeol hyung, hurry up will ya!"

 

"I'm done I'm done. Sheesh. You guys are such kids. Sometimes I wonder how I ended up befriending two obnoxious teenagers who are younger than me."

 

"It's destiny, hyung. Live with it."

 

They switched off all the lights before Kai locked up the front door behind them. Kyungsoo had been waiting for a good ten minutes before the boys eventually showed up and then it was a matter of keeping himself hidden while he followed behind them quietly. He could do this. Sneaking around in silence was his forte.

 

On another note, Kai looked smoking hot that night, with his front bangs combed back into a messy bed-hair look. His favourite brown peacoat fitted around his body perfectly, promoting his rather broad shoulders, lanky long legs and begrudgingly thin waist. 

 

Damn. What a stud.

 

For a moment, the three of them didn't look like high-schoolers. They were probably able to pass off as college students, even with baby-faced Chanyeol tagging along, but Kai was still the one for Kyungsoo, no two ways about that. Maybe it was the way he portrayed himself around others, or the easy smile on his face when he was out there kicking balls on the field, but he'd certainly gotten Kyungsoo hooked on him from the first sight. 

 

And even after a whole year of careful stalking strategies and sleepless nights thinking about Kai, he still got that weird loop in his tummy whenever he thought that Kai was looking at him.

 

If only those thoughts were true.

 

"So, what's first on our agenda tonight?" Chanyeol asked in the elevator. Kyungsoo had been smart enough to use the stairs as he raced down to the ground floor and waited for them near the dorm entrance. 

 

"New hat store." Sehun replied dryly the moment they stepped out from the lift. Kai didn't bother to say anything as he followed behind them quietly, with his head bowed low and his hands buried inside his coat's pockets.

 

"Someone's a little quiet back there. Thinking about that boy again?" Chanyeol questioned him.

 

"Yeah. I think I saw him earlier, but I'm not too sure if it's just my brain playing dirty tricks on me." Kai mumbled back.

 

"It could be a trick. Was he wearing a bra? Maybe a thong?"

 

" off, hyung. I'm sure he's a boy."

 

"I don't know whether I should rejoice or cry over my friend's ual preferences, but even if you ended up loving an old geezer, we still love you." Sehun remarked, high-fiving Chanyeol after that.

 

"You guys are s."

 

"It could have been a girl you saw. A very pretty girl that dresses up in a guy's outfit---"

 

"It's our school's uniform."

 

"Ok, a very pretty girl with flat s and no sense of feminity. Face it, Jongin, you like girls. Girls like you. The world moves on and everybody lives happily ever ing after."

 

"s." Kai mumbled out once more and hoped that his friends were right. He liked girls. Heck, girls liked him too, and he could so totally kiss a girl right now if he wanted to.

 

Yeah, he was definitely straight as hell.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was a little pissed that he couldn't follow along closely enough to hear what they said. Luckily once a while, when Chanyeol suddenly went all hyper on the younger two, Kyungsoo could sort of make out tidbits of their conversation. Something about girls. Typical.

 

Booze. Meh. Boys will be boys.

 

Food. Also typical.

 

Love?

 

Ok, this one was definitely a conversation Kyungsoo wanted to hear. He edged himself closer to them, but at the same time, making his presence as discreet as possible so as to not startle anyone and cause trouble to himself. Like a shadow hiding in the shadows. He didn't want Kai to know that he was stalking him.

 

"Ever been in love, Kim Jongin?" Sehun asked.

 

Kyungsoo's heart skipped a beat. Oh my gosh oh my gosh, this is it. This is the thing that I've been dying to know. The thought of Kai being in love was such a....a...an IMPOSSIBILITY to him that he shall never believe it unless he heard it with his own ears.

 

"Yeah. I think I am right now." Kai chuckled, thinking about that boy in school. That one boy he'd been dying to know the name of...

 

...and if Kyungsoo could describe how he felt at that moment, it'll be like having someone pierce a stake through his heart. Ouch. His footsteps eventually slowed down into a halt and he watched the three boys walk away further from him. Never had he felt so depressed and sad and dead until that moment when he realized that Kim Jongin (or Kai) was actually in love with someone else.

 

Reality hit him hard, and he ended up walking back towards the way he came from, only to realize that he was lost. Hopelessly lost.

 

Stuck in the middle of a dark empty park with no head or tails on where to go next. 

 

Maybe it was best to follow the boys for now.

 

 

Ok, so maybe it was best he didn't actually tag along, because one second he had his eyes on them, the next he was lost again, and this time, he had no idea where they could've gone to, or where he was for the matter.

 

.

 

Why oh why did I NOT memorize the bus schedules in Seoul before I go out?! Stupid Do Kyungsoo stupid stupid stupid!

 

"Uh, excuse me." Kyungsoo froze when he heard a familiar voice behind him. Do I dare to turn around and see who it is? Holy , I KNOW who it is.

 

He turned around...

 

...and faced Kai for the first time in his high school life. Up. Close. Physical proximity. Oh god, I'm gonna faint.

 

"Hi." Kai said, a cute goofy smile on his perfectly kissable lips when he realized it's the boy! The boy he thought was a figment of his imagination is actually real and he's ACTUALLY a boy, and holy , he's cute! "I'm Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai. We haven't officially met yet, but you go to SM High too, right?"

 

Kai's talking to me. Kai's talking to me. Please don't mess up, Do Kyungsoo, or you will seriously regret it later. Let's not regret the first time you talked to the crush of your life now, come on. He's the reason for your sleepless nights, the devil in your dreams, the causal link to your unsated arousal....oh my gosh, why am I hard right now?!

 

"Uh, I...I gotta go." Kyungsoo made a weird whiny sound that crossed between a groan and a squeak, and he wondered why a lightning hadn't strike at him yet.

 

That was so embarrassing, even more than the day he found out that he was gay after to a picture of Channing Tatum. In a suit! Liking Amanda Seyfried had been his way of being in denial.

 

"W-wait, at least tell me your name!" Kai called out after him. "Please."

 

"I-I'm sorry. See you in school."

 

Stupid stupid stupid. Now he's going to find you and you'll end up embarrassing yourself even more. Great job, Do Kyungsoo. Your life is officially ed now.

 

He ran off as fast as he could, or at least, as far away as he could, not bothered to see where'd he run off to and by the time he stopped, the roads were empty, the streetlights were giving off flickering orange lights and the whole place gave him a weird vibe. Like one of those dark places where people get murdered and their bodies were never found until they rot.

 

"No ing way in hell will I die here." He muttered to himself, turning around to go back to the way he came from. 

 

Instead, he bumped into a couple of men dressed in way too many leathers at an hour like this. "Hello hello there cutie pie. What 'cha doin all the way out here in the dark?"

 

"What I do is none of your business. Now tell me where the buses are."

 

"Leavin' so soon, shorty? Aww...we're just getting started. Why don't you tell us a lil' more about yourself, or rather---" A punch connected with Kyungsoo's guts and he coiled over in pain, kneeling down to the ground. Whoa, that actually hurts. What the ? It didn't look like it hurt for Bruce ing Lee.

 

"I feel betrayed." Kyungsoo spat out, gathering confused looks around him.

 

"What 'cha talking about, cutie?" Some dip asked, poking his s roughly. "The punch gettin' to ya' little head?"

 

"I said, I feel betrayed, you " He repeated. "Do you know how much I adore Bruce Lee, spending all those hours and days watching him fight on TV and now I'm betrayed, because it's all a lie, and that punch actually hurts, and god I'm gonna cry. Can I have a tissue?" He sniffled.

 

". Someone gets this kid a tissue."

 

"Tissue?! Like hell we carry 'em sissy things around."

 

"I'm gonna cry oh god do you not see these tears?!! My childhood is ruined because Bruce Lee lied to me. It's so heartbreaking, and...and I'm gonna cry harder. Tissue, please." The tears poured out like a torrent of waterfall after that and no one knew what to do. Someone yelled for tissues and another yelled back about having none.

 

And when Kyungsoo couldn't stop crying, they decided it was time to bail. Only when he was quite sure the sound of their footsteps were gone, he stopped crying, dabbing his eyes with a sleeve to dry away any excess of tears. "Morons. What a bunch of sissies."

 

He fished out his phone and dialled Luhan's number. "Hey Luhaen, come fetch me, will ya? I'm lost. I see flickering lights and dark alleyways. I'll be waiting near a musty staircase at some...uh, abandoned building. It's big, dark and it has broken windows on it."

 

"What the are you on a----"

 

Beeeeeeeeep. Please reload to make more calls, thank you.

 

" this . I'm gonna find a bus stop."

 

So much for his plans on following Kai that night.

 

 

 

A/N:

Language Bomb! In bahasa, monkey means 'monyet', pronounced at mo-nyet. Yes, nyet as in the Russian way of saying no. I guess so. Hahahahaha. Cat is 'kucing' as in ku-ching. And dog is 'anjing' as in un-jing. Love is 'cinta' as in chin-ta. Or it could also be 'sayang'.

 

So I love you is pronounced as 'Saya cinta kamu'. 'Saya' means me. Or I. 'Kamu' means you. This is just the simplest way of saying it. The proper way, if I must say, is 'Saya cintakan kamu'. But I don't know how to explain the 'kan'. I guess it's for grammar purposes. No idea how I managed to get an A in bahasa. Lol.