Kris-py Monday Part 2

Your Average Love Guru

Previously, on Your Average Love Guru,

 

 

"He gave me concert tickets for a philharmonic orchestra. And I don't have anyone I wanna go with."

"D-do you want to go with m-me instead?"

 

No, there was no way in hell he'd give up such a beautiful boy to the likes of someone so....

 

 

...reasonably handsome.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself and go after a guy who's obviously out of your league.

I think you should try to forget about your feelings for him..."

 

"That's odd. Aren't love gurus supposed to help people, instead of putting them down like this?"

"Took you long enough to notice, pabo."

 

I like you too, Baekkie.

Kris wasn't his love guru. It was Kai all along.

God bless.

 

MORE TO COME!

 

 

Chapter 16 Krispy Monday Part 2

 

"Is it because of your feelings for me...that you lied about being my love guru?"

 

Second week of March

 

Kris stared at the boy before him and pursed his lips, too stunned to speak. So Kyungsoo knows...is that why he agreed to follow me today?

 

"Do you hate me now?" He asked, almost a whisper, looking down at his feet after that because he couldn't meet the younger male's eyes any longer. He wanted to tell Kyungsoo sooner or later, but he was hoping it would be after he claimed Kyungsoo as his boyfriend.

 

And now everything backfired on him. Kyungsoo was still hung up over Kai, and he knew that the lie was a bad idea in the first place. He'd been watching Kyungsoo for a while now, but he couldn't muster up enough courage to confess his feelings. When he found a note taped to Kyungsoo's locker, he took it as a ticket to approach Kyungsoo.

 

Miraculously, it worked! For a couple of days, Kris tried to convince the younger male that Kai was not good for him, and that turned out well too, but he was still guilty over the fact that this all revolved over a lie he invoked on the younger male; that without the note he found on Kyungsoo's locker, he would have never approached him in the first place.

 

Kyungsoo sighed, sending shudders down Kris's spine. If the doe-eyed boy wasn't angry, he was sure as hell disappointed with Kris. "I don't hate you, hyung. I can't hate you. The lie was uncalled for, but...." He stopped to think of a proper way to convey this. ".. I would have done the same thing, to be honest. I would have done everything in my power to approach Kai the same way you did to me, and if lies get me there faster, then I wouldn't hesitate."

 

Kris was shocked, to say the least, when he heard the words spilling out from the boy's mouth. He didn't think Kyungsoo was even capable of lying.

 

"But I wouldn't have done it in the end. I would just chicken out like I always do. If I ended up lying to get his attention, and he happens to find out after that, it would hurt me to see the disappointment on his face. It's not the guilt I'm afraid of. It's the consequences resulting from that guilt. What if he leaves me? What if he stop loving me? I wouldn't be able to live with myself anymore then."

 

Kris understood what he meant. He didn't want Kyungsoo to be disappointed in him either, but he was glad the younger male didn't resent him for the lie. "Soo, I'm really sorry for what I said to you in the past. I guess I've already lost the battle before I even started." He choked out, biting his lips once more.

 

"I'm sorry too, Kris. I should have noticed this sooner. I don't want to hurt you."

 

"Nah, none of this is your fault. I was wrong to lie in the first place." They shared a small smile between one another before Kris pulled Kyungsoo into a tight hug. If he couldn't have Kyungsoo as a boyfriend, then he'll be there as a brother. Kai wasn't going to get this little squish so easily, that's for sure.

 

 

Kris dropped the shorter male off in front of his dorm and bade him farewell with a shrug. They would still see each other in school anyway, so there was no need for any heartfelt goodbyes. Kyungsoo then returned to his dorm and was surprised to walk in on Chanyeol and Baekhyun making out on the kitchen counter. His eyes almost popped out from their sockets.

 

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF LUHAN'S IS GOING ON HERE?! Baek?!"

 

"K-kyungie poo! You're home early. I thought you said y-you'd be back late?" Baekhyun stuttered, struggling to pull his pants up while Chanyeol covered him with his large frame.

 

"Puh-lease tell me you didn't have a all over my kitchen counter before I walked in." Kyungsoo groaned, shielding his eyes away from any abomination that might still linger in midair as long as Baekhyun's pants were not zipped. The last thing he wanted to see was his best friend's .

 

"S-sorry Soo. I didn't think---hold on, I'm zipping it up now. I didn't think you'd come home so early. Where'd you go anyway? Oh by the way, you're safe now."

 

Kyungsoo cracked open an eye first, just for caution, and saw that Baekhyun was fully dressed again, blushing up a storm as he stood awkwardly next to his equally awkward lover. Chanyeol was looking at anywhere but Kyungsoo, and no one blamed him for it. It was bad enough to have someone walk in on your make-out session, and having Kyungsoo---yes, devil-may-cry squishy Soo---to stumble in like that was worser.

 

"I went to see Kris."

 

"What? That little snitch?! Why are you still hanging around him? Is it because he's your love guru? I've been trying to confront him lately, but he's always slipping away before I could ask him anything. And whenever he's around, he would always have someone beside him. It's so frustrating, I swear! And he has no right to put you down like that. Kai's perfect for you!"

 

Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were shocked to hear Baekhyun's sudden outburst. The boy only realized this after he calmed down a little and he looked embarrassed for snapping like that. Kyungsoo was honestly touched that his best friend cared so much about him, but he didn't think Baekhyun would care that much. Chanyeol's expression registered a hint of jealousy there for a moment, and Kyungsoo almost felt sorry for him.

 

"I appreciate you trying to watch out for my back, Baekkie, but I think I got things under control. I went over to his place---"

 

"You were at his place the whole time?! Alone?!" Baekhyun bursted out again, and Chanyeol had to calm him down by gripping his shoulder. The giant looked like he's in pain.

 

"Yes, alone." Kyungsoo repeated smoothly. "Nothing funny happened, Baekkie. I confronted him about the love guru thing and he confessed his feelings to me, but I told him that I like Kai. Only Kai. Period."

 

"You like Kai that much, huh?" Chanyeol finally voiced out.

 

"Yes. A lot, actually. I've been stalking him for months now."

 

"What is it with everyone living in this dorm? Is stalking part of your everyday routine or something?"

 

Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo flashed him a cunning smirk, and he simply rolled his eyes in return. "Anyway, as I was saying, I like Kai enough to say no to Kris, so you don't have to worry, Baek."

 

"What if Kris doesn't get it? What if he still bothers you on a daily basis?" Baekhyun asked this time, his eyes full of concern.

 

"Then I'll kick his . You know how awesome I am. Lu- taught me well..." A moment of silence ensued while he thought about what he said. "...but I'm not saying that because he's awesome." Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded their heads in unison. That was one fact they could all agree with. "Just don't worry about this anymore, Baek. I can handle Kris. Now I'll just have to focus on Kai."

 

"Well, midterms are coming up soon, and we better start studying now if we expect to ace it this year. Why don't you ask Kai to join us during our study group?" Baekhyun suggested, looking at Chanyeol after that.

 

The giant was more than happy to say yes. "Hacking the school system would also help, Soo." Chanyeol said, and Kyungsoo wondered when they'd become so close. Oh right, it was because they were chemistry partners in school, and he's Kyungsoo's best friend's boyfriend. He figured he'd let the giant call him 'Soo'. There was no harm in that.

 

"Good idea." Kyungsoo shrugged. "Oh, and one more thing, guys. I know who the real love guru is."

 

"You do?! Details now, !"

 

"It's Kai." Only Baekhyun feigned a look of surprise. Chanyeol somehow had an idea it was Kai all along. His own best friend may keep secrets well, but Chanyeol always had a way of figuring out the hints, and Kai dropped a lot of hints over his 'secret occupation' for the last few years of their friendship. They were close friends since middle school, after all.

 

 

"So he's the love guru, and he's been advicing you to chase after him the whole time?" Baekhyun asked for the third time that night. He was excited, Kyungsoo could tell, and when Baekhyun started getting excited, there were always a lot of repeated remarks.

 

"Yes, Baek. He doesn't know I like him yet, I think. I've never actually revealed my feelings for him. I was too afraid to say anything, and when I found out he was the love guru all along, I was glad I didn't say anything to him at all. Imagine how awkward it would if he knew I had a gay crush on him."

 

"Technically, it wouldn't be all that awkward." Chanyeol shrugged, causing the other two boys to gape at him. "W-what?"

 

"Wait, Channie, during chemistry last week, you said that you'd help me with Kai. What do you mean by that?" Kyungsoo asked warily.

 

"You said you'd help him?" Baekhyun gasped, scooting closer to his boyfriend. "Why would you help him, Yeollie? Is Kai gay for someone? Is he even gay in the first place?"

 

"He's gay, Baekkie." Kyungsoo answered instead, almost causing his best friend to have a heart attack.

 

"You KNEW all along?!"

 

Kyungsoo shrugged, and Baekhyun turned back to his boyfriend, who only looked mildly amused. "And you told me none of this, Yeollie? Why?!"

 

"You didn't ask." Chanyeol smiled, pinching his boyfriend's cute cheeks. "Anyway, let's get down to the real point here. Soo, you like him a lot, right?"

 

"I thought we've already established that."

 

"And so far, this is what I can make out on the situation after hearing both sides of the story. Firstly, Kyungsoo has an ultra gay crush on Kai, and he's receiving love advices from a love guru in school, who also happens to be Kai. He doesn't tell anyone about his identity, including his own bestfriends---that motherer---but we can conclude that he's the love guru. Do you doubt him in any way?"

 

"Nope. He uses 'god bless' a lot at the end of his messages, and it's not hard to tell after hearing it with my own ears." Kyungsoo said.

 

"Very good. I believe the same thing. Now, moving on, we can also conclude that he doesn't know you like him, because he keeps on talking about you and telling us how much he likes you---"

 

"WHAT?!" Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo shrieked out at the same time, and Chanyeol thought they were going to mutilate him for a moment there. "He likes m-me?" Kyungsoo shakily asked after that, feeling the butterflies in his tummy. Oh my god! He likes me! HE likes ME! ME! Sweet baby jesus...don't wake me up right now if this is a dream.

 

"Yes, a lot actually. He keeps staring at you, and he's always talking about how perfect you are."

 

Baekhyun snorted at this. "It's funny cause Soo here talks about how perfect Kai is, and how he's just squishy all over." Kyungsoo smacked him on the arm.

 

"You guys are perfect for each other." Chanyeol snickered. "Anyway, as I was saying, he's been acting strange lately, like missing football practice and skipping out on classes. When I asked him what's wrong, he told that his angel likes someone else."

 

Kyungsoo felt the butterflies inside him growing by the dozen, and his chest swelled with happiness. Eventhough he was only finding out about this now, and from Chanyeol to boot, it didn't bother him. This was what he had wanted for a long time; the feeling of love. But Baek-, on the other hand, was gagging over the 'angel' remark. "Quit it, Baek. You're ruining my feels, you little ."

 

Baekhyun laughed, hugging his best friend. "You're just too squishy, Soo."

 

" off. Now, go on with your explanation, Channie. I remembered telling him that I like someone in school, no thanks to Luhan. And he knew it's a guy too."

 

"No wonder he's so depressed lately. I guess it got worse after that Kris guy came along. Yeah, Kai told me about that too. He told me something about not giving up his angel---" Cue Baekhyun's fake gagging. "---to an like Kris. He said that Kris was lying to you."

 

"I knew that after the orchestra performance. Why didn't Kai just tell me about it?"

 

"He probably thinks that you like Kris, and he couldn't find it in him to break you guys up, I guess, eventhough it was a lie. Knowing my best friend, that would be exactly what he'd do. Kai is really just a big softie inside."

 

"What a cutie." Baekhyun remarked, wrapping his arm around Chanyeol's waist. "You should do something about this, Soo. You guys are obviously made for each other."

 

"You want me to confront him? To confess my feelings just like that?"

 

"Uh yeah? I mean, at least we all know now that he won't reject you, so why not just get it over with and live happily ever after?"

 

"What's a good ending without a good twist?" Kyungsoo smirked. "I think I have a brilliant idea that would make him confess to me first, instead of me doing it. You know how much of a wuss I am."

 

"You are, my little squish, and you're fugly too when your face gets all evil like that. What's that brilliant idea, Soo?"

 

"Since he's the only one who doesn't know that I know he's the love guru, I thought that maybe he' deserves a little break too. Maybe it's time he gets some help with his feelings instead, and hopefully he'll end up confessing to me first."

 

"So you're planning to give him love advices from now on?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Yeah, but I'll be needing a little help from you guys."

 

(the next day...)

 

Kai wished he didn't sleep in late last night, and he blamed Sehun for keeping him awake just to watch football with him. He may not usually have any problems with staying awake to watch a game, but he'd been working on his assignments the whole day, and football practice yesterday literally killed his back, so staying up the extra hours was a bad idea.

 

And now he was late for school.

 

Late!

 

The soccer player was never late for anything. He slipped in through the main entrance unseen, watching out for the principal who usually roamed the hallways after the first bell had rang and all the students were in their respective classes. His mud-stained sport shoes left dry mud trails on the floor, but he relentlessly marched on to his locker. All he needed to get was his English textbook, and then it was only a minute's walk to his classroom. If he was lucky, the principal may already be done with his rounds.

 

Stealthily passing through the science lab and evading the surveillance camera along that hallway, he made his way over to the locker area, where sure enough, it was empty. No signs of the principal just yet. He rushed to his locker, and was surprised to find a note taped to it.

 

He gaped at it, wondering how it got there. He didn't remember taping a note to his locker, unless he'd been sleepwalking all night. The way it was written had also been exactly the same way he conveyed his messages to his clients. Did someone find out? He thought, checking around to see if anyone was watching him.

 

He took out a pencil and quickly shaded out the words.

 

> Dear Kim Jongin. A friend told me about your plight and I agreed to help you. Nothing is impossible in life if you put your mind into it and I hope that you could take my advice to heart till the end of your school life. To put it bluntly, I am your love guru and I will be advising you on your love life from this day onward, till the day you accomplish the object matter of your dreams. God bless you too.

 

"This is some kind of a joke." He said, rolling his eyes. Someone must have known he was the love guru all along and now they were toying with his feelings. "I bet it's Chanyeol and Sehun."

 

He opened his locker, and another note fell out.

 

> No, it's not a sick joke. And no, it's not Chanyeol or Sehun. They don't know about this, but they came to me for help. They said you were depressed lately. I honestly wouldn't ask them to reveal who I am, because they wouldn't know either. Just accept my advice as it is, and you can start by telling me the object matter of your dreams (God, those words are cheesy). Write it behind and tape the note back to your locker.

 

Kai decided to play along. This person may be anyone in the school because that was how he would usually introduce himself to his clients first. Kris was the only one who would not be in his list of suspects.  He knew it wasn't Kris in the first place because the senior had obviously lied to his Kyungsoo. Anyway, just this year alone, he already had ten clients under his wings. Kyungsoo proved to be the hardest client he had so far, or maybe it worked out. He wasn't sure, but it was still depressing to see his angel around Kris so much.

 

He wrote down Kyungsoo, and taped it back to his locker.

 

The next time he checked, there was a reply on his note.

 

> How far would you go to get him? Would you be willing to make the first move? Text me on this number. 01X - XXXX XXX. Bless you too.

 

Kai simply took out his phone and texted in a reply, wondering when the tides had changed. Who finally noticed his secret anyway? It was frustrating not to know, but at the same time, if he could get the help he needed for free, then he'd be grateful for it. But the last thing he wanted to do was to hurt Kyungsoo.

 

To: Love Guru 2.0

To the moon and back. And yes, if I have to, then I'll make the first move. But he likes someone else. Please advice.

 

Baekhyun was having lunch with his besties when his phone vibrated in his pocket. He checked the inbox and passed the phone over to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo squealed in delight when he saw the message.

 

To: Kim Jongin

How sure are you about that?

 

From: Kim Jongin

I'm sure....because it's Kris. :(

 

 

HM:

> Dear Kim Jongin. A friend told me about your plight and I agreed to help you. Nothing is impossible in life if you put your mind into it and I hope that you could take my advice to heart till the end of your school life. To put it bluntly, I am your love guru and I will be advising you on your love life from this day onward, till the day you accomplish the object matter of your dreams. God bless you too.
 

HM 2:

> No, it's not a sick joke. And no, it's not Chanyeol or Sehun. They don't know about this, but they came to me for help. They said you were depressed lately. I honestly wouldn't ask them to reveal who I am, because they wouldn't know either. Just accept my advice as it is, and you can start by telling me the object matter of your dreams (God, those words are cheesy). Write it behind and tape the note back to your locker.

 

HM 3:

> How far would you go to get him? Would you be willing to make the first move? Text me on this number. 01X - XXXX XXX. Bless you too.