Chemistry Confessions

Your Average Love Guru

Chapter 19 Chemistry Confessions

 

Fourth week of March

 

"Park Derpyeol, open this door right now!" Sehun's voice boomed through the thin wooden door separating Chanyeol from the rest of the world---or in this case, from his best friend, Oh Sehun. Lord only knew what Sehun had in store for him this morning, because when Chanyeol rolled over to his stomach to check the time on his phone, it was still 3 ing AM in the morning, and school wasn't starting until 8.

 

.

 

"I'm , I'm ." He groaned, scratching his messy bed hair as he rolled out of bed. He didn't bother to correct his slurred pronounciation, and Sehun would just have to live with it if the boy got the wrong idea. For all the s that Chanyeol gave, he just wanted to get back into bed once more and put that last three hours of his time to good use, because he knew school would kill him later. 

 

He wrenched the door open and was face-to-face with a pissed-off looking Sehun glaring daggers at him. The boy's finger pointedly shot to something near the couch but his eyes remained on Chanyeol. The giant sleepily followed his finger to stare at what he was pointing at. It was a failed experiment of a frog he had dissected with a kitchen knife earlier, supposedly his guinea pig to test a potion he was making. The potion was supposed to make the frog look shiny, but instead it died a dramatical death on Chanyeol, and the giant simply gave up after that. He deemed the experiment a failure, and retreated into the safe compound of his bedroom, never to look at frogs again.

 

He wondered for a moment if the school even noticed that five of their experimental frogs had gone missing from the lab.

 

"Whaf's wrong wif zat?" Chanyeol asked hoarsely, mentally cursing his inability to speak properly every time he woke up in the morning. Being forced to wake up so abruptly simply made it worse

 

"It's stinking up my room, you derp, and Jongin kept stuffing his nose against my shirt. Throw that away before I blow my nose all over your favourite leather jackets."

 

Chanyeol's mind seemed to have snapped out from its reverie at the mention of his expensive Calvin Klein's jackets. " you, Sehun. Don't you even dare stand within ten feet of my babies." He chided the boy.

 

"Then get rid of that. I can't believe I have to tell you this. You're supposed to be our hyung." Sehun ended his note with a slight irritation to his voice and stalked back to his room, where Kim Jongin had obviously invaded most of the space on his bed. He couldn't believe that this was the boy whom everyone adored in school, the star player of SM High's soccer team, the ace in all the classes they took together, the one whom Kyungsoo had a secret crush on. Ok, the last part wasn't so secret anymore, but Jongin was the only blunt one to not have noticed. Stupid kid. Obviously no one else had seen Jongin in his natural habitat, unlike Sehun and Chanyeol. Heck, Baekhyun deserved to see Chanyeol in his natural habitat. Both Jongin and Chanyeol were a mess in their dorm. 

 

Sehun sighed. Three more hours till school started. Either he shoved Jongin away and claimed back his bed, or he occupied Jongin's bed instead until morning, Sehun needed to get back to his beauty sleep. He wondered if his Tao baby was sleeping well right then. Or....I could always sleep with him. He thought with a smirk. Ew, what the hell? It sounds as though I'm referring to Jongin.

 

Oh Sehun was capable of misunderstanding his own thoughts sometimes. Tao....I meant Tao. I need to call him. He yanked his phone out, which was under Jongin's , and speed-dialled his lover's number. Tao picked up after the third ring. "Hello?" came a familiar greeting from the receiving end, his voice heavy with sleep. Oh Sehun forgot about sleep for a moment. 

 

Feeling a slight sting on his man pride over what Sehun said, Chanyeol began to clean up his mess. It sure stank like a garbage dump in here, the strong scent made his insides churn uncomfortably. His attempt to ward off the smell by tying a cloth around his nose was also useless, so he simply braved the god-awful smell like a man, reminding himself that if it had been Baekhyun asking him to do this, he would have done so without complain.

 

Baekhyun. His sweet little puppy.

 

Gingerly picking up the dead frog by the legs and gagging at it, he tossed it into a black plastic bag he found and scurried for trash can. He didn't bother to include his failed potion into the trash, because he still needed to show something in class tomorrow, and there was no time to start a new experiment anyway. Kyungsoo would have to live with it. The worst thing that could happen to the boy was probably a slight rash. Chanyeol still couldn't understand what a person could possibly give to another person as a chemistry project. Either you give poison or something completely useless, but there was no way you could make a friendly gesture with it.

 

" my life." He cursed under his breath, washing his hands for the third time. He hoped his potion could at least give him a pass for his efforts over the last two weeks. He seriously needed to pass this.

 

 

"Do Kyungsoo, please present your project now, and Park Chanyeol will be next." 

 

Chanyeol internally groaned as Kyungsoo stepped up to the front. He was going next. Oh my god, he was so going to this up badly. Kyungsoo would end up hating him for the rest of his sorry pathetic life, and Baekhyun might even break up with him for being so utterly pathetic. Patheticness was going to be his ultimate embarrassment, and he'd be doomed to live with that shame forever, and god, was that even a word? Was there such thing as patheticness? He supposed it made him sound smart for a moment, because he sure felt stupid right then.

 

"I made slime." Kyungsoo smirked, leveling a closed hand in front of him, high enough for everyone to see. Then he opened his fist to unleash a bright green blob that was stuck to his palm. "It's for Jongdae." He smiled an angelic smile, which would have passed off as angelic, except to Chanyeol and Jongdae. The both of them knew how evil Kyungsoo could be if he wanted to.

 

The Lord-of-all-things-squishy-and-evil turned to the teacher after that, and Mr Jaejoong seemed impressed. He hadn't begun teaching the class how to make slime yet, but Kyungsoo seemed to have mastered it in two weeks. 

 

"Well done, Kyungsoo ssi. I'm sure Jongdae will put it to good use."

 

"I'm sure I would too." Jongdae grinned from his seat, wiggling his eyebrows in a suggestive manner. If Kyungsoo and Chanyeol knew better, the asswipe might probably slip it inside someone's gym pants and videotape the poor guy's reaction after that. Jongdae had guts to do dumb things like that, but he didn't have Kyungsoo's creativity. 

 

Kyungsoo was allowed to return to his seat, and then it was Chanyeol's turn, and the giant was a nervous wreck. He held on to his little potion tightly, side-glancing at all the faces in the class that were now focused on him. Even the teacher became a little suspicious at the way he was acting, but Mr Jaejoong refrained from commenting anything.

 

"Who is that for, Chanyeol?" The teacher asked in a kind voice, noticing how nervous Chanyeol was. The boy had always been a mess in his class, so to think that he actually made an effort to do this was admirable.

 


"It's for Kyungsoo, sir." Chanyeol said, and Kyungsoo seemed surprised.

 

"What does it do?"

 

"It makes your skin shiny." The boy tried to pull off a confident voice, but he was breaking, and he knew it. Damn nerves.

 

 "Why don't we ask Kyungsoo to try this then?"

 

"Sounds interesting." Kyungsoo shrugged, getting up from his seat. It took him five strides to reach the front and then he held his right hand up to Chanyeol, palm-down. "Shoot me."

 

Chanyeol hesitated for a moment. Five frogs had died from this, but Kyungsoo was obviously bigger than five tiny frogs. Nothing bad could happen to him. Chanyeol had to start believing in himself a little more. "Alright. Make sure it doesn't get into your eyes."

 

He sprayed a little bit of the transparent liquid onto Kyungsoo's hand and then a painful cry pierced through the air, and the doe-eyed male immediately pulled back his hand, using his other hand to stop it from trembling. It ing hurt like a , like having iron pressed against it in the highest temperature. The liquid was legitly burning his skin and before he knew it, it began to turn red, but Kyungsoo only saw black.

 

 

"Hey Soo, are you awake?" Jongdae's voice called out, and Kyungsoo felt like punching something. He wanted to punch Chanyeol for real, but he couldn't quite feel his right hand. His left hand was working just fine though, but it wasn't his strongest arm. He glared at Jongdae, and the male held up both hands in surrender, shaking his head to say it wasn't him.

 

"Where's that asswipe?" Kyungsoo asked, looking around for Chanyeol. There were in the nurse's office then, and Kyungsoo appeared to be the only one in bed. Oddly, the nurse was nowhere to be seen. She must have gone to the bathroom.

 

He finally spotted Chanyeol sitting on a chair nearby and the giant looked so utterly forlorn and miserable that Kyungsoo almost felt sorry for him. Almost. He was still upset over what the giant did. He purposely gave something harmful to Kyungsoo without even checking if the spray was user-friendly. And now Kyungsoo bore a red mark on his right hand, still stinging a little from the awful burning sensation he felt earlier.

 

"I'm sorry, Soo." Chanyeol wailed, giving him an apologetic look as he stood up. "I was stupid for not using it on me first. I thought it was only harmful to frogs."

 

Kyungsoo didn't want to argue with him in the end. What good would it do anyway? There was no point in pushing Chanyeol to apply the spray on himself as a revenge, because hurting the giant was going to affect his friendship with Baekhyun. He simply sighed and told Chanyeol to go home first. Jongdae offered to stay with him, but Kyungsoo told him off too. He didn't want anyone worrying about him then.

 

It was a good thing school had ended by then, because Kyungsoo felt like locking himself in for the rest of the day and just sleep off the pain.

 

Right after Chanyeol and Jongdae left, silence fell across the bright, empty room, and it gave Kyungsoo some time to think about what Chanyeol might have gone wrong with his potion. A concoction to make something shiny was not impossible, but what did he use that had caused it to be so dangerous? If someone were to swallow that unknowingly, it could have killed that person on the spot.

 

Weed killer? Did he use weed killer? The substance is certainly harmful.

 

He was too caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice a certain brown-haired boy entering the room. Kai had stumbled upon Chanyeol and Jongdae a minute ago on his way to the library to return the book he borrowed last week when Chanyeol suddenly blurted out everything. He repeatedly apologized to Kai for hurting Kyungsoo during chemistry class earlier and he promised to make up for it. When Kai heard Kyungsoo's name being stringed along with the word 'hurt', he hurriedly dashed to the nurse's office and found the older male idling on the bed there. His right hand was red and raw, probably still hurting because Kai noticed how it twitched every few seconds or so.

 

He suddenly had the strongest urge to pull that boy into his embrace and will the pain away. 

 

"Kyungsoo." 

 

Kyungsoo looked up, his eyes large and his mouth slightly parted, and Kai's heart did a 360 degrees loop down to his stomach. The beautiful boy had that much of an effect on him, making him forget about the things he wanted to say and just stare back with his mouth gaping open. The older boy looked like he was about to ask something then, probably why he showed up so suddenly, but Kai couldn't really restraint his self-control anymore. Whatever words said by Kyungsoo did not reach him, not when his heart was beating so loudly against his ears. 

 

All he could see then was Kyungsoo's face, and the smile that never failed to lighten up his world. He leaned down slowly, his lips, and before Kyungsoo could even comprehend the soccer player's action, he found his lips locked against Kai's in a chaste kiss that knocked his breath out. His head spun in that daze of a few seconds that seemed to stretch on forever, and dear god, Kai's lips were everything he imagined them to be.

 

Soft, gentle, and perfect

 

They pulled apart after that, and Kai blurted out the first thing that crossed his mind. "I like you, Do Kyungsoo." He confessed, his voice raspy. Kyungsoo could feel the butterflies in his stomach multiplying by the thousands now, but the same words he wanted to confess were hitched in his throat. He couldn't even open his mouth! What the ing hell, Do Kyungsoo?! He just ing confessed to you, and you're not going to say anything?

 

Kai was obviously waiting for an answer, and when Kyungsoo still didn't respond, he up the stinging pain in his throat and took a step back. He thought that Kyungsoo must be thinking what an awful person he was for kissing the older boy so suddenly, and that literally pulled his heartstrings. "I-I'm sorry, hyung." He choked out weakly, cursing his voice for breaking at a time like this. Kai hated sounding so weak. 

 

Kyungsoo didn't want him to go. Hell no, he just wanted a few seconds longer to calm himself down enough before he spilled away his own mutual feelings towards Kai. But the boy had already left before he could do that, and Kyungsoo quickly got out of bed to chase after him. For some reason, the universe must have hated him for hurting the poor boy earlier, and before he could run out, the nurse came back and blocked his exit. "Do Kyungsoo, how are you feeling, dear? Are your hands ok?"

 

"I-I need to go after Kai." Kyungsoo said in a hurry, trying to get around her. But she gripped him by the arm and ceased his attempt to run off, and holy , her grip was strong. For a woman who was at least four inches shorter than him, she had a death grip that could kill a bear.

 

"Now now, let's not be hasty, Mr Do. I still need to check that hand of yours in case it's infectious."

 

"It's not." Kyungsoo replied, deadpanned. He was losing Kai every second he stayed in the nurse's office, and all he wanted to do now was to make things right. Kai had confessed to him! The timing was bad of course, but sweet mother of all things holy, the boy actually confessed to him! And they kissed too.

 

It wasn't exactly a perfect kiss, because Kai must have been nervous about it. The younger male had been a little sloppy when he brushed his lips against Kyungsoo's lips, but for Kyungsoo, it was one of the most perfect kisses he had ever gotten. Not that he'd gotten many kisses in the past, apart from Baekhyun's and Luhan's.

 

"Come on, sit down here so I could check your hand." The nurse insisted, dragging him to the bed. Kyungsoo finally gave in, too tired to fight back. He'd have to find Kai later, of course. The butterflies fluttering inside him didn't seem like they wanted to go away anytime soon, and Kyungsoo simply sat through the next twenty minutes with Kai running through his mind.

 

 

His plan to confess after April Fool's had gone completely off track, literally thrown out the window now. Of course, there was a reason why he didn't want to confess before April, but after pondering on it again later that night, he began to think that Kyungsoo might not even mind about the impending April Fool's day approaching next week. Sure, he didn't want Kyungsoo to think that he was joking, but at the same time, no one else knew about his secret admiration towards guys either. Only Chanyeol and Sehun knew about it...and Kyungsoo of course.

 

Kai was getting a little worried about the older male's reaction. He seemed to be in too much shock to say anything earlier, and yeah, it hurt not having his feelings reciprocated the same way, but he hardly blamed Kyungsoo for it. Kai suddenly regretted not staying a second longer. Kyungsoo looked like he was about to say something.

 

The soccer player gritted his teeth, mentally cursing at his nerves right then. The little loops that his heart was still making made him want to scream into his pillow all night and having Kyungsoo's face permanently etched in his mind simply drove him to the brink of insanity. He began to perspire from rolling around in his bed too much, absentmindedly squeezing his bolster a little too hard from all that excitement coursing through his veins. After putting aside Kyungsoo's muted response, Kai became aware of the other fact which happened before he ran off like a chicken.

 

They ing kissed. Mouth to mouth. Liplock collision. Kyungsoo's lips---oh.sweet.lord.

 

Someone suddenly cleared his voice at the doorway, and Kai snapped out from his thoughts, a little annoyed to see Sehun standing there; judging him. But the younger male was not only judging his best friend. He was also curious as to why Kai was acting abnormally feminine that night. He knew he had to ask the boy.

 

"I thought Chanyeol brought a over to the house or something. Why on earth are you squealing on the bed like a hyena on rabies?" Sehun asked, smirking at his best friend.

 

"I just did something today, Sehunnie." Kai squealed into his pillow once more, before blurting out, "I kissed him."

 

It was truly a wonder how girls got interested with this...thing on Kai's bed in the first place. If only they knew how he acted outside of school, people might actually reconsider their opinions of him, because he was certainly not a bad boy, as rumours had stated, nor was he cold to people around him. Kai was just warm all over, from the goofy smile planted on his face down to the very tip of his flat pedicured toes.

 

Sehun wanted to brag about his kisses with Tao, but thought better of it. It was Kai's moment that night; the day he finally got his first real kiss (yeah, it was his first. He'd never actually kissed anyone else before, despite rumors of him dating five girls a month before Kyungsoo came into the picture), and it was with a guy he liked.

 

"Congrats, my man. It's good to see you finally losing your lips ity. So what's next?"

 

A pillow flew to Sehun's face and he didn't even bother to avoid it. "Oh off, Sehun. Don't make fun of me just because I caught you kissing Tao a few times."

 

"You caught us?" Sehun faked a surprised look. "But we purposely did it in front of you."

 

"I hate you."

 

"And I love you too, little . What did Kyungsoo say anyway? Did he kiss you back?"

 

Kai frowned, twiddling his thumb when Sehun asked this. "I-I'm not sure actually. But he didn't push me off, so I guess that's good...?"

 

His best friend looked so miserable after that, that Sehun almost felt guilty for bringing up that remark. He made a mental note to see Kyungsoo and the clan tomorrow, and tomorrow's a weekend so meeting up might be a little easier without Kai finding out about it. He felt bad for sneaking behind his best friend's back like this, but indirectly agreed to do this with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo from the beginning, so there was no backing out now.

 

Kai would just have to it up a little longer.

 

 

A/N:

I'm having one of those writer's block these days. Ugh! It's annoying cause I have so much work lately, and I can't even find time to sit and write. And whenever I do, I'm a little dried out of ideas. I usually think better at night, which is why my updates are always out after midnight (malaysian's time anyway)