Dorm Mornings

Your Average Love Guru

 

 

Chapter 2 Dorm Mornings 

 

January 2014

 

Mornings were always the best for Kyungsoo, because he generally woke up earlier than Baekhyun's and Luhan's time put together. Yeah, try doing the math on that.

 

Luhan usually woke up after noon, because school was a for him and he didn't like Mondays. He usually did extra-credit assignments to cover up on his depressing class attendance, and maybe helped around the teachers' lounge for an hour or two each day to gather their affection. He knew he was good looking and he used it to captivate the female population in school, The male population resented him for his wits, but ultimately, at the end of the day, everyone loved him.

 

Luhan's basically the apple in all the eyes of those who knew him. He was the angel sent by god to preach the good news. The gentleman above all men. The gentle deer of the East. 

 

But for Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, he was the one who snored the loudest and blew man-sized holes through the roof with his ultrasonic farts on a daily basis. He was the boy with the ugliest-looking face when he opened his mouth to laugh at the jokes they threw at him. He was also the crudest in the party of three, constantly making lewd remarks about Soo's , or randomly kissing Baekkie for the sake of it.

 

In contrast, Baekhyun was the better roommate. He wasn't always on the neater side of the dorm, but he helped out with the dishes after dinner and he occasionally vacuumed the whole place without Kyungsoo asking him to. Luhan only did some minor chores around the house, like washing his own underwear, and that still needed a lot of scoldings from Kyungsoo before he eventually did it.

 

This morning, Kyungsoo woke up with a message on his phone.

 

From: The Joker

Don't be so harsh. I'm just trying to help. Check your locker.

 

He didn't bother to reply, and quickly got out of bed to prepare himself for school. After breakfast, and making sure his friends were still around, he briskly walked to school and got to his locker first---not because of some stupid he knew would be there. Hell no!----and checked to see if his English textbook was there. Yeah, he had English that morning, and it just so happened that when he wanted to take his textbook out, a note fell off and anyone with a curious mind would obviously check to see what it said, right? So he did.

 

> Good morning, Kyungsoo. I hope you had a good night's sleep. Anyway, let's get started properly. I'm sure you wouldn't want your mornings to be ruined by nasty messages, but I'll let it slip the first time. I really want to know this person you're interested in. And I hope you could tell me today. Maybe then I could give you an advice that would be useful for you later. Just write that person's name behind this note and tape it to your locker.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lips, wondering when these messages would stop invading his locker. He had half a mind not to pay any attention to it, but at the same time, he knew the person will continue sending him messages even if he refused to cooperate. Oh well, might as well cooperate then. It wasn't as though he'd been the only one who had a huge crush on Kai. The whole school practically had a crush on the soccer player. Maybe this 'love guru' would stop bothering him once he found out that Kyungsoo was gay.

 

It's a guy.

 

Kyungsoo wrote, hoping praying that homouality would scare off the poor sod, and taped the note to his locker.

 

Three hours later, he came back to find the same note, except that it was different now.

 

> Even better.

 

 

(Three days before Love Guru appeared)

 

Baekhyun's mornings started after 8am, way past the first bell. By then Kyungsoo would already be in class, diligently writing down notes and reciting poems while the older boy was still trying to search for a pair of matching socks. After checking in on Luhan to see if the boy was still alive, he rushed off to school and sneaked in through the back entrance. It was here where he met Chanyeol for the first time, and ever since then, began seeing the lanky male for all the mornings that followed, except on weekends of course.

 

"Late as usual, Baek." Chanyeol muttered, chuckling at the sight of Baekhyun climbing over the fence. "I see you're wearing neon boxers again today."

 

"You know what they say, Yeol. A good morning is a bright morning." He stopped short when he turned around to realize that Chanyeol's face was only inches away from his face.

 

"Bright morning to you too." The giant smiled. "I need your help though. A favor actually."

 

Baekhyun's face instantly heated up at the sudden closeness between them. He could practically feel Chanyeol's breath on his skin, and it was making him all red. Red, horrified and embarrassed.

 

"W-what is it?" He stuttered.

 

"I need you to hack into the school's system for me. Sehun told me that you're the best."

 

"Wha---" Sehun? Since when did I talk to Sehun? How does he even know me? "Why would you suddenly need my extraordinary hacking services, Park Chanyeol?"

 

"For the same reason why anyone would want to hack into the system. Exams. Answers."

 

"Ah...."

 

So Park Chanyeol cheats just like every other students in this school too, Baekhyun mused. Except Kyungsoo. That boy had never cheated. Not even once.

 

"Well, I'm glad to be of services, Yeol, but I'm not the one you should be asking that favour. It should be Kyungsoo, my best friend. He's the mastermind behind all the hacking incidents in the past. You should ask him, or...." This was his chance to contractually bind himself to Chanyeol for an eternity. "...I could ask him for you."

 

"Really?" Chanyeol beamed. "Thank you thank you thank you. You have no idea how worried I was about failing this test. Thanks a lot for helping me. But this stays between us, okay?"

 

"Okay." Baekhyun replied, basically sealing his fate to Chanyeol for the next two weeks. Or more. 

 

 

 

HM

> Good morning, Kyungsoo. I hope you had a good night's sleep. Anyway, let's get started properly. I'm sure you wouldn't want your mornings to be ruined by nasty messages, but I'll let it slip the first time. I really want to know this person you're interested in. And I hope you could tell me today. Maybe then I could give you an advice that would be useful for you later. Just write that person's name behind this note and tape it to your locker.

 

So the couples here are Kaisoo, Baekyeol and Xiuhan so far. Xiuhan will flourish in this fic. Sehun will be with someone else.