Do Kyungsoo

Your Average Love Guru

Previously, on Your Average Love Guru,

 

"...I'm just Kyungsoo. Always am, always will be."

"But Kai....he's perfect."

 

 

"Hello, Do Kyungsoo. A friend told me about your plight and I agree to help you..."

"...to put it bluntly, I am your love guru, and I will be advising you on your love life from this day onward..."

 

"Lovely eyes. Full lips. Round face."

"I'm Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai."

 

"I've been watching you for a while."

Kim Jongdae...is he the love guru?

MORE TO COME!

 

Chapter 7 Do Kyungsoo 

 

This time, there was no escape.

 

Still on the fourth week of january, still on the same day...

 

"I didn't get your name last time. Anyway, I'm sure you know my name well by now. It's Kai. Can I know yours?" Kai asked, blocking the only exit available to Kyungsoo. 

 

The older boy knew that he couldn't run from this one, and he was starting to wonder why he was so afraid to tell Kai his name. Maybe because it felt like a dream, and he was so afraid to wake up from it and realized that it was all just a dream, so what use would his name do by telling Kai? 

 

Go on, Kyungsoo. It doesn't matter whether this is a dream or not. You'll have to fess up someday and Kai's finally noticing you. Why are you chickening out right now? Stop hiding in the shadows.

 

There was no reason to hide his identity anymore. After all, what harm could his name possibly do to Kai? "I'm Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo." He said slowly, emphasizing each syllable because even if this turned out to be dream, at least he'd taken the courage to tell the younger male. 

 

Kai suddenly froze, and Kyungsoo squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the jolt that would pull him out from this dream. That was how dreams usually work anyway You'd wake up just when the good things started to happen.

 

Strangely, this time, nothing happened. 

 

Kai asked instead, with a voice so low that Kyungsoo barely heard it. "Y-you're ...Kyungsoo? Locker number 12?" His expression had completely changed by then, masking a rather shocked look as he stared speechlessly at the doe-eyed male before him. A person would have to be blind if they didn't notice his expression and Kyungsoo certainly noticed it.

 

"Yeah." He nodded back.

 

The shocked look was immediately replaced with a smile. "Well, I can't wait to start teaching you some cool moves. You'll be cheering like a pro mascot this Thursday."

 

"I hope so. I could barely kick a ball without tripping over my own feet."

 

Kai let out a hearty laugh at that, and Kyungsoo relaxed a little. He'll be fine, right? Everything will be fine. Drop dead gorgeous Kai was finally talking to him, Luhan and Baekhyun were still his two moronic best friends, his grades weren't taking a sudden plunge to hell and this was not a dream so far. He might as well be a ing log if he didn't wake up anytime soon, so it was safe to conclude that everything was still real... and perfect.

 

Yeah. Perfect.

 

It'd be fine.

 

 

The very next day, a note was found taped to Kyungsoo's locker, and he eagerly read it with a big smile on his face. After all, good things had been happening to him lately, and he'd just been floating in the clouds since then. Even the love guru didn't sour his mood as much it did before.

 

> Let's not meet. I think I'd prefer to keep my identity a secret for now. Having second thoughts, you know. But I still apologize for all the trouble I've caused you in the past. Will you forgive me?


Kyungsoo ignored the note...

 

...and left for Chemistry after that. It was the only subject in school that he truly enjoyed, besides English of course, because this was where the nerdy side of him reigned control. This was where Do Kyungsoo---the root of all evil good and benevolent in SM High's science division---devoted his three hours of the day, mixing and conjuring oddly combined chemicals in order to impress his favourite teacher, Mr Jaejoong.

 

He loved Chemistry with a passion, and though Mr Jaejoong may not feel the same about him---because everyone knew he had a thing for Coach Yunho---he still topped the teacher's Best Pupil list. 

 

Yet, Mr Jaejoong was only one of the reasons why he loved Chemistry. The other reason decided it was okay to stroll in one fine morning and ruin his life. .

 

"Hey Kyungsoo." SM High's tanned-skin--life-destroyer--soccer player greeted him cheerily, all smiles and ASDFGHJKL! Oof! Kim ing Jongin! Hnnngh!

 

"Hey Kai." Kyungsoo greeted back, because he didn't want to come off as rude.

 

Kai took his seat and searched through his bag for a Chemistry textbook. When he couldn't find it, Kyungsoo instinctively pushed his own textbook to the middle, where the both of them could share. Kai mouthed a silent thank you in return.

 

"Why are you in this class?" Kyungsoo asked after a while.

 

Mr Jaejoong was still passing out the students' worksheets, and Kyungsoo became too curious to keep his mouth shut. As far as he knew, Kai would not have to take Chemistry until next year, so the fact that he was suddenly here was truly a matter to be questioned.

 

"Chanyeol hyung is being an and he can't wake up for anything even if a fire suddenly breaks out in our dorm. He came back late last night, drunk out of his mind, and because I'm such a good friend, I have to attend two of his classes today or else he'll get called to the principal's office. My life , I swear."

 

"Are you even allowed to fill in for another student? This is high school you know, not a college."

 

"Mr Jaejoong likes me." Kai said simply, and Kyungsoo felt a tinge of jealousy over that remark. It was silly, really, but he thought that he was the only student Mr Jaejoong liked.

 

As if on cue, the teacher suddenly appeared at their table and passed out the last two worksheets. "Ah Kai-yah, how strange to see you here. Where's Chanyeol? Sleeping in again?"

 

"-faced but alive." Kai replied with a grin. Mr Jaejoong smiled back and Kyungsoo frowned. 

 

"This will be the last time I permit him for skipping classes. There won't be a next, so please warn him."

 

"Yes sir."

 

"Ah, and Kyungsoo-yah, do you want to sign up for the Science Fair in June? It's after the midterms, and it's in Busan, a three days and two nights trip this year. If you're interested, just let me know. But I'll only take twenty students to go with me this time, so better let me know early."

 

"Really? Then I'll definitely be going." Kyungsoo said. "Last year was awesome."

 

Kai gave him a side glance before raising his hand. "Am I allowed to sign up too?"

 

"The thing is, if you're planning to sign up, you'll have to participate in the event. Students usually open a booth to promote any original experiments, but there will be students who would prepare performances on that day, like a skit about science."

 

"I'm singing again this year." Kyungsoo said, and Kai turned to him in shock. "You can sing?!"

 

"He's an angel, I tell you." Mr Jaejoong replied. "Well, good to have you on the team, Kyungsoo. Why don't you bring Chanyeol with you if you're interested to go, Kai? At least then you don't have to do something by yourself. He'll have to come up with something, I'm afraid. That boy's a mess in my class, but it'll be a good chance for him to earn back that extra credit he owes me."

 

"I'll let him know." Kai answered.

 

"Is it okay for me to bring Baekkie and Lulu?"

 

"Yeah, as long as they're doing something too. Just let me know after school. Alright kiddos, time to start with alkaline properties today. Textbooks out, mouths shut, hands where I could see them, and bags a gazillion feet away from you. If I see phones, you know where you'll be after school."

 

"In Coach Yunho's pants." Someone remarked, and the class snickered at the teacher.

 

"I'll let the coach know of your request, Jongdae ssi." Kyungsoo turned to his new friend sitting behind him and saw the colour drained from his face.

 

He's more than meets the eye, this Jongdae guy, Kyungsoo thought.

 

He couldn't hide the excitement bubbling inside him after that, smiling like an idiot the whole time as three hours rolled by in pure . He was looking forward to the Science Fair in June, and also the time he would be spending with Kai---ALONE! Sweet jesus don't let me wake me up from this---until the game this Thursday.

 

Remind him to thank the love guru later.