Baek Again for Yeol

Your Average Love Guru

 

Special Chapter 13 Baek Again for Yeol 

 

March 2014

 

Chanyeol didn't know when he started having feelings for a certain eyeliner boy in the other class.

 

He knew it had something to do with his plan to cheat in the upcoming June exams, but after three months, cheating had almost been pushed out of existence from his priority list. Baekhyun began to intrude the recesses of his mind before long, and by the time he realized this, he was already talking, walking, eating, and breathing Baekhyun on a daily basis, religiously worshipping the grounds that Baekhyun walked like a lovesick puppy, albeit a giant one. 

 

The both of them were having lunch together behind the school grounds one fine day when Chanyeol popped the question. No, not the question. He wasn't ready for commitment to tie him down into a relationship yet, but it was still crucial for him to find out one important fact that had been egging at him since last week. "Do you like someone in school, Baek?"

 

Cue a momentary lapse of panic attacks as Baekhyun choked on his food out of sheer surprise, and Chanyeol tried to calm him down. The giant offered his counterpart shorty a drink and Baekhyun accepted it gratefully. With the food out of the way, he was finally able to breathe and think again. "W-why do you ask, Yeollie?"

 

"I'm just wondering, is all."

 

Baekhyun looked down at his half eaten sandwich, no longer having the appetite to finish his food. His insides were churning up a storm, and if he took another bite, he might as well throw up everything he just ate. So he carefully packed away his sandwich into his lunchbox again, and stared at Chanyeol. The giant was nervously (and obviously) anticipating for Baekhyun's reply, because he fidgeted in his seat and stuffed a few more bites of his own tuna sandwich into his mouth. Baekhyun had to bite his own lips from laughing when the giant looked like a chipmunk with a mouth full of nuts from stuffing up all that food. 

 

"Yeollie..." The eyeliner boy started, causing Chanyeol to almost choke from the overload of anxiety rushing through his veins. Or it could have been because of the food. He kept stuffing in more to keep himself from talking, and he didn't know what gave him the courage to ask Baekhyun in the first place, but the deed had been done, and now Baekhyun had something to say.

 

"Yeah, I like someone." Baekhyun answered, eyes sparkling with joy and amusement. Chanyeol was just being too damn obvious at the moment, and it somehow fueled up Baekhyun's courage to tell him more. "And he's someone I've been stalking for a long time."

 

Chanyeol's eyes looked like they were about to burst out from their sockets. If it wasn't for the food in his mouth, he might have gasped in shock. Baekhyun stalking someone was certainly not an image he could conjure.

 

"Anyway, I guess it's safe for me to tell you who he is. He's someone you know well." Baekhyun hinted, scooting closer to the tall male. 

 

The giant swore he could hear his heart break into a million pieces right then, because there were only two other people Chanyeol held dear in his heart, and they were none other than his best friends, Kai and Sehun. If it was Kai, Baekhyun might never have a chance. The soccer player was too in love with Kyungsoo to notice everyone else around him. And if it was Sehun....

 

Chanyeol quickly chewed his food and swallowed it, leaving a bitter taste in his mouth as disappointment and sadness slowly washed over him and twisted his insides into knots. He couldn't believe he was getting rejected before he could even confess his feelings, but if fate decided they couldn't be together, then he might as well embrace it.

 

"Yeollie?" Baekhyun called out, eyes filled with concern. "Are you okay?" He wrapped an arm around Chanyeol's waist and noticed a hint of sadness flickering across the giant's puppy face for a second. 

 

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." He took another bite from his sandwich, and it tasted horrible in his mouth.

 

"Are you upset about it?" Baekhyun smirked, enjoying the effect he had on the giant.

 

"N-No, of course I'm fine with it. As long as you're happy, I'm happy."

 

"You're such a cheese, Yeollie." The eyeliner boy chuckled, literally leaning his head against Chanyeol's shoulder now, much to the latter's surprise. And yet the lanky male still didn't realize what was going on. "But you know what, if someone were to suddenly appear and see us together, they might think we're actually dating."

 

"Then I'll tell them it's not true. I wouldn't want the guy you like to think that you're dating me." 

 

"Really? You would even defend me from yourself? I would like to think that's admirable of you, Yeollie, but I wouldn't want my boyfriend-to-be to avoid me too." Baekhyun chirped, squeezing the giant's waist.

 

It took a little over ten seconds for his useless of a brain to finally understand what the boy meant, and he was shocked, to say the least. He turned to the boy next to him and saw the cute pout on Baekhyun's face, while the latter finally saw realization flash across the giant's face. "Took you long enough to notice, pabo." The shorter male said, giggling at giant's reaction. But Chanyeol didn't need to think of a smart excuse. He simply leaned down to brush his lips against Baekhyun's soft ones a second later, and that was enough to pour out the five little words he held inside his heart for the last few weeks....

 

I like you too, Baekkie.

 

....to finally claim Baekhyun as his new boyfriend.

 

When they pulled away from their first kiss---well, technically, it was their second because the first one had been accidentally claimed the other night---Chanyeol knew he had to ask this before it was too late. "How long have you been stalking me, Baek?"

 

"Two years and counting. But that doesn't mean I'm stopping just yet."

 

Chanyeol didn't know why his heart was swelling with joy just by hearing that answer. Maybe it was the fact that Baekhyun had liked him for a long time, and he was just too dense to notice the younger male earlier. Or maybe it was just Baekhyun; flesh, heart and soul; making his heart beat ten times faster against his chest and causing butterflies to flutter in his stomach. 

 

", I think I might like you even more if you do." He replied cutely. Yeah, he knew it wouldn't take long before his feelings for Baekhyun grew into something more than just cute infatuation. He might actually fall in love with the boy; sweet, lovely, little Byun Baekhyun.

 

And he could already see a future of them together. 

 

 

 Short update for those who love Baekyeol.