Lovely Weekend

Your Average Love Guru

Chapter 20 Loving Weekend

 

Almost the first week of April

 

Kyungsoo couldn't describe the level of irritation he felt the next day when he woke up.

 

A door slammed open, and Kyungsoo stepped out with his mouth wide open as he prepared to sneeze his brains out. "A-a-a-achoo!!! . MY. LIFE!" He groaned out, plopping down on the couch next to Luhan. The Chinese male gave him a symphathetic look and gently patted his head, in which Kyungsoo snarled back in vengence. He hated being sick when he has something important to do that day. To top it off, he despised the pity party that his best friends were giving him.

 

"Would you like a smoothie, baby soo?" Baekhyun asked from the kitchen.

 

"Do I look like I want a smoothie, Baekho?!" He sneezed again, angrily beating the couch out of frustration after that.

 

"Chill out, my little squish. Baekhyun was just being nice. You don't have to yell at him." Luhan cut in, only to receive a killer glare in return.

 

"I hate being sick." The younger male then pointed out.

 

And Luhan shrugged. "No one does."

 

"Yeah, but I can't kiss Jongin when I'm sneezing all the time! What if I sneezed in his mouth?!"

 

"Then he'll get your squishy virus too. Calm down, Soo. It's not like the world's gonna end if you don't kiss him today. You could kiss him tomorrow. Anyway, Sehun told us to meet him at some nearby cafe later. Says he wants to talk to us about something."

 

"Who else is going?" Kyungsoo asked, blowing his nose into a tissue.

 

"Baekho's boyfriend is definitely tagging along, and I'm pretty sure Sehun's would join us too. I guess we'll probably have to include Kris and Joonmyeon since Joonie is Tao's favourite hyung, and Yixing's close to Kris."

 

"And where there's Yixing hyung, there's Jongdae." Baekhyun added with a grin. "I bet you ten bucks they're already ing each other every night."

 

"I bet ten bucks that Baekhyun is still a ."

 

"HEY! Stop interfering with my love life!" Baekhyun huffed, clearly embarassed over the sudden change of topic because he was blushing up to his ears. "Chanyeol wants it to be special, so there's no pressure to have between us right now."

 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, my little Baekkie. Anyway, Minseok is coming along too. So we practically have everyone tailing our dust except for Kai."

 

Kyungsoo frowned then, feeling sorry for the soccer player. He deserved to join the group too because they were all friends now, and honestly, Kyungsoo wanted to see him really badly. Yeah, it'd probably be awkward as hell for Kai because they'd just kissed a day before and Kai even confessed to him. Kyungsoo wasn't sure if he could confess back when everyone else was going to be there to ogle at him.

 

I definitely can't do it when everyone's watching us.

 

"Let's just go first. I'll think about Kai later." Kyungsoo said, getting up from the couch.

 

The boys changed into their casual outfits for the day and left the dorm by noon. Chanyeol and Sehun, along with the rest, were already waiting for them at the cafe, and small talks were exchanged amongst each other first. After an hour of chit-chatting over silly things like school and , and whatever guys tend to talk about, Sehun finally roped in the topic he'd been meaning to ask Kyungsoo.

 

"Hyung, when are you planning to confess to Jongin?"

 

Kyungsoo choked on his drink, clearly not ready to answer this question so soon. But it was useless to deny it anymore, because the other guys were also waiting for him to say something. "Soon." He said simply, finishin off his slushy.

 

Sehun frowned. "And when is that?"

 

"I g-guess when I see him again, then I'll tell him. I can't exactly tell him w-when everyone else is around. I get n-nervous." He stammered, his cheeks feeling hot from all the attention centered on him.

 

"April Fool's is on Monday, you know. I think you should avoid saying anything on that day. Jongin's pretty serious about you. I found him squealing in his room last night, like Tao when he's drunk." 

 

Tao punched him in the arm, and he smiled, clearly enjoying his little tease.

 

"He squeals?!" Kris repeated. "What a dope."

 

"Yah, don't call him that, Kris hyung. You squealed like a girl that time too, when Joonie-hyung kissed you near the bleachers." Chanyeol pointed out, causing the others to erupts into laughter.

 

"You were there?!" Kris questioned him.

 

"I was practicing on the field with Kai and Sehun. We all saw it. DIdn't think you were the type who lets people dominate you, hyung."

 

Kris may look calm on the outside, but Joonmyeon could see he was fuming inside. The blonde male suddenly grabbed his chin harshly and pulled him into a heated kiss right there in the middle of the cafe, and the guys all cheered back like a pack of wild animals on the loose. Some were banging their hands on the tables, while others simply howled to the top of their lungs. The cafe staffs couldn't do anything to stop them, and other customers simply pretended they weren't there.  But really, the boys looked like a pack of morons with way too much hormones running through their veins in the middle of the day.

 

The older customers simply cringed when they saw the two guys kissing. Kids these days...

 

While all these excitements were taking place, Kai happened to be walking in at the time and saw his friends seated at one of the tables near the far end of the cafe, and his heart clenched. They actually went out without him! He scanned the other faces around the table and his eyes landed on Kyungsoo, who was laughing along to whatever joke they were cracking up.

 

He didn't know he was staring for a long time when Kyungsoo suddenly looked his way and the whole table froze. Kai was shell-shocked in his place too, just staring back as if time had stopped an eternity ago, and no one dared to move a muscle. The cashier's call snapped him out from his reverie and he turned to her, who was holding out the drink he ordered earlier. He quickly accepted it without a word, avoiding all necessary eye contact because ouch, they didn't even invite me along. Am I that boring to them?

 

And instead of sticking around after that---probably making a fool of himself if he did so---he simply walked out of the cafe with a heavy heart, and suddenly felt like he was the loneliest man to ever grace this planet. But his thoughts were short-lived, because a second later, someone tugged him by the arm, hard, and harshly spun him around, almost causing him to lose his balance.

 

He was about to pull away when a pair of soft, wet lips suddenly descended on his in a crushing kiss, and all thoughts of loneliness instantly evaporated into thin air. Kai could only stare back at the angel before him in shock; his brain had ceased to function a long time ago, and holy , it was so amazing. Instead of pulling back immediately seconds later, the angel parted his lips with a slight flick of his tongue, and Kai willngly allowed him to gain entrance. It was something that both boys had never experienced before, and neither of them wanted this to end yet.

 

But alas, good things always had to come to an end, and Kyungsoo broke away first when they heard their friends egging them on at the back. Kyungsoo was suddenly aware that they were kissing right in the middle of a sidewalk, and people were staring at them. His cheeks turned a redder shade as he looked down at his feet, still a little breathless after that not-so-innocent kiss.

 

And Kai...yeah, the boy was just floating on the clouds by then, unable to believe that Do Kyungsoo had just kissed him. He had to come back down to earth of course, because Kyungsoo had not expressed his feelings yet. "Kyungsoo?" He called out, barely a whisper, but the older male heard him clear enough.

 

Kai was waiting for an answer now, and Kyungsoo couldn't back down, not after that kiss he initiated. "I like you too, Jongin." He whispered back nervously, meeting the younger's gaze. It wasn't the complete truth because he was actually in love with Kai, but he didn't want to pressure the boy into anything yet. "I'm sorry for not being clear about this before. The nurse wouldn't let me leave. I swear I was about to go after you, because you know, I've liked you a long time and I'm really just a big wuss when it comes to love confessions---"

 

Kai chuckled then, when Kyungsoo started blurting out everything, but he was glad they were finally brave enough to reveal their feelings for each other, and Kai was actually happy to know that Kyungsoo liked him all these while. I've been giving him love advices to chase after me. How ironic. He figured that he'd have to thank his own love guru later too, even though they'd only conversed for a short time. For now, there was only Kyungsoo.

 

And the butterflies in his stomach, paired with a sudden insatiable urge to kiss the doe-eyed male again if Kyungsoo didn't stop talking soon. But nerves must have hit Kyungsoo hard because he simply couldn't stop the torrent of words pouring forth from his mouth.

 

"Soo, I might need to kiss you again." He pointed out, and before Kyungsoo could even blink, their lips were connected again, only this time it was gentler, the younger male's long fingers hooked around Kyungsoo's neck to pull him closer. Kai wanted to feel every inch of Kyungsoo's lips on his, to truly believe that Kyungsoo meant his words. And his heart rejoiced when the shorter male kissed back just as passionately. 

 

After the last kiss they shared yesterday, Kai could not stop thinking about Kyungsoo even for a second, and the way their lips just molded together in the kiss, it felt as if they were meant to belong.

 

Kyungsoo forgot about the morons standing behind them. His heart pounded against his chest, loud against his ears, and happiness engulfed him in ways he could not contain. He was floating in the clouds, his mind rolling in the sea of flowers in all multitude of colours, his hands were clammy and sticky, but hell, he didn't want to descend from the heavens just yet.

 

Kai pulled back first, a little breathless like the first---second?---kiss they shared earlier, and rested his forehead on Kyungsoo's own. "That was amazing, Soo." He said, smiling goofily. He was feeling all sorts of giddy by then (of which this author is, too. *ahem*) and wondered if his weekend could get any better than this.

 

"Yeah. Me too."

 

He couldn't stop the coming storm after that, because Kyungsoo suddenly remembered that he was sick earlier, and when the itch in his nose came without warning, it was already too late to push Kai away. Fate had decided a second later, that Do Kyungsoo must sneeze onto Kim Jongin's face.

 

The soccer player simply laughed it off for now, thinking it as cute, but the next day, he woke up with a really bad cold.

 

 

A/N:

Just four more chapters! And then we'll be done. Anyway, lots of fluffy kaisoo for the next few chapters, and a bonus Baekyeol too.