Chapter 2

You Drive Me Crazy

CHAPTER TWO

So this whole ‘switching over to be WINNER’s makeup artist thing’ is getting a little out of control and is stressing me out more than I expected. I guess I really didn’t think it through. But at the same time it’s not like I had a choice. Sajangnim said so and it was final.

I honestly thought I just had a change in roles with Hyejin. SIMPLE!  Well that’s too good to be true because when I met with WINNER’s manager Sungmin-shi today, he notified me that I would have to move into WINNER’s apartment building. I almost forgot I am currently living in the same apartment as Big Bang! I reasoned with Sungmin about how I could just wake up earlier to commute to their building if they have an event or so but he insisted it’s easier to pick up every one associated in one go.

Now here I am, spending my precious day off packing up everything in my apartment.

I let out a huge sigh as I taped up the last cardboard box that held my belongings. I crouched down and wrote ‘KITCHENWARE’ on it with a sharpie.  Ah… Damn my back and my shoulders… I haven’t been working out lately and packing the whole day is killing me! I stood up to examine the empty living room and a hint of sadness washed through me. Technically, I am in the same building as Big Bang, but their apartment lot is easily four times bigger than mine. Not that I’m complaining and even though my apartment is small, it feels super cozy, it feels like home and most importantly, it is my sanctuary. My eyes almost teared up when I realized I am actually moving out tomorrow.

The next day arrived sooner than I thought and Sungmin came to my apartment early in the morning to help me move. “Good thing Hyejin-shi has already finished packing and is ready to go, so we are able to get you in right away.” He says as he started to lift one of my cardboard boxes downstairs.

“Ha… Yeah I guess that’s good.” I meekly answered. Aish… That girl! She’s probably so excited she’s working for Big Bang that she couldn’t sleep the whole night and just packed everything in less than a day!

Seungri and Daesung knew I was moving out and switching places with Hyejin. Since they had time on their hands (which is actually quite surprising to me), they decided to give me a hand as well.

“We’ll miss you Yunju! You were a great help!” Daesung gave me his perfect eye smile as I got ready to get in the van to leave. I became speechless. All this time when I thought Big Bang and my relationship was simply for work, I felt a little guilty for not trying to get to know them more. Seungri even gave me a card, which he said all members wrote together last night, and grabbed onto me for a hug before bidding me farewell. Why must they be so sweet?! Stay strong Yunju! You don’t want to cry in front of them!

“Guys, chill out! It’s not like I’m leaving the country or anything! Technically, I’m just moving a few blocks away and I’m still working at the same company as you two!” I tried my best to lighten up the mood. “There’ll be a lot of chances for us to run into each other! I’ll see you guys soon!” They waved me goodbye and I gave them a smile before shutting the van’s door, then Sungmin started to drive away.

I looked down at the card that they just gave me and thoughts of my life in YG started to replay in my head. Nostalgic thoughts about moving into the apartment not knowing anyone, to  attending events with Big Bang and helping them backstage came flooding back into my mind. My life and job was good and stable until now… When that Nam Taehyun showed up and was able to ruin everything! Ugh… That jerk!

After a whole afternoon of unpacking, I finally finished setting up everything to my satisfaction. Good thing this apartment building is quite similar to my previous home! I exhaled an exhausted sigh and plopped myself down on the sofa. Wow it’s already 7pm? I got too carried away with unpacking to even notice that I’m feeling hungry! I stared at my stomach that just started to grumble. I groaned, knowing that my refrigerator is empty. Maybe I’ll grab a bite somewhere and also do some grocery shopping! I smiled to myself as I grabbed my phone to give Hyejin a call.

“Yah baby girl! Wanna grab dinner with me right now?” I asked, hoping she still hasn’t eaten yet.

Hyejin chuckled on the other line. “I was just about to call you! Omo I just finished unpacking I’m so tired!”

“Haha same here!” I let out a casual yawn, “Let’s just meet at the noodle shop we usually go to?”

“Sounds good, see you in fifteen?”

“See you then!”

I quickly threw on a light jacket, grabbed my wallet, keys and phone then headed out the door. Just at that moment, my phone vibrated, indicating that there was an incoming text. I shoved my hand into my pocket and looked at the screen. Hmmm it’s an unknown number! I wonder who it could be…

‘Heard you just moved in. Awesome. Now help me get some grocery downstairs. Thank you noona!’

What? Who the heck is this?

‘Who are you?’ I replied. Better not be that Nam Taehyun! But from the attitude it does seem like it’s him! What a creeper! How did he get my phone number?

My phone vibrated again and I quickly checked. ‘Oh you know, your favourite person in the whole world ^^’

‘That’s disgusting, don’t give me that happy face. Yah, don’t order me around to do stuff for you! I am no personal assistant arraseo!’

‘Why are you asking who I am when you already know? Tsk.’

‘I just have good gut instincts.’

‘Whatever. Go get us some food too, we are starving.’

‘Get it yourself! Besides, it’s my day off today. Leave me alone!’ What in the world? Why is he making me do this? I’m not even his manager!

‘It’s still early, we can’t go downstairs or people will recognize us at the grocery store. I don’t want no paparazzi pictures again noona.”

Ugh… Dang it Nam Taehyun! You just have to guilt trip me this way eh? Wasn’t even my fault for being in a picture with you! I pouted as I made my way downstairs. I guess I’ll just quickly get them some food and then meet Hyejin a little later. Coincidentally, Hyejin sent me a text just then saying she will be a little late as she has an important call to make with Big Bang’s manager. Good, this gives me some extra time to spare!

I practically ran to the supermarket, grabbed a basket, and started to throw in all the convenient food items that I think will be suitable for those boys. This will be good… I threw a bunch of ramen packages into the basket. These snacks would be good too I guess? I took a few bags of chips. What do they even like to eat? I don’t know them well enough to know. I took my phone out and quickly gave Taehyun a call.

“Yah! I’m at the supermarket now, what do you guys want?” I asked impatiently as I walked up and down the aisle.

“Hmm I don’t know. Just get what you usually do.” He paused for a second and then continued in a different tone of voice. “Yah, do you really have to call me for this? I told you not to talk to me if it’s unnecessary!”

“Aish you little piece of-“ *beep* “YAH! YOU DARE HANG UP ON ME?” Man… This boy and his whiny piece of crap attitude is driving me crazy! How can the rest of the members stand him?? If it wasn’t for the rest of the members’ sake, I probably wouldn’t even care if Taehyun starves to death.

I continued throwing in different items into the basket. Wait… Do they even know how to cook? I looked down at the eggs, unprepared rice cake, gochujang (hot pepper paste), and some other items in the basket that needs to be cooked. Whatever, they’re old enough to do that! But I found myself strolling to the baking section and saw a bunch of boxed pizzas that just needs to be placed in the oven. I’m sure they can do that right? I guess these will come in handy then. I took a few boxes of those as well. That way that Tae-jerk can’t complain and make me come back down to get more “cooked” food for them. I grinned in victory as I paid for the items.

I quickly sent Taehyun a message saying I’ll be back at the building in a few minutes. But within the next minute, I got another text from him.

‘Noona, don’t forget to buy us some ice cream from the store too!’

OH MY GOODNESS! Why didn’t you tell me earlier??? I sighed and made my way back into the store with 3 bags in my hands already.

‘You lame . Tell me earlier next time arrasseo!’

I went up to the ice cream section and noticed they had about five different flavours. Well… Maybe I should just get all five so he can’t go ape- at me about not buying the correct one! And with that, I started to line up at the counter again. This time I got another text from Taehyun- AGAIN.

‘Noona, can you also get us some take out from the restaurant across the market?’

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!” I accidentally yelled out loudly inside the supermarket, earning a few disapproving glances from the workers and customers. I quickly apologized and bowed my way out of the store. Gosh, this boy! Why can’t he tell me everything at once?! I swear I can almost hear him smirking through the phone!

I hastily walked into the restaurant and gave their menu a quick look. Whoa… This place has such an extensive menu, what should I order? Just then I received a food list for the restaurant from Taehyun. My jaw dropped at the list as it can easily feed ten hungry people in one sitting. Do they actually eat that much?? How are they still so fit? Without wasting anytime I ordered and paid for the food. I glanced at my watch again. Damn I’m already late to meet Hyejin… I hope she doesn’t get mad at me later!

Once the food was ready, I took the entire amount of takeout boxes and earned a few crazy looks from the workers in the restaurant, who probably thought I just had a bad break up and is going to binge eat all the food I just bought. Then I basically ran all the way back to their apartment (actually now my apartment as well) and pressed for the elevator to come down to the lobby. Wait… I don’t even know which unit they live in! Ugh… I fidgeted the bags around in my hands and managed to take my phone out to give Taehyun a call.

The door of the lift opened and a person wearing a cap, a hoodie with its hood up, and a thick jacket walked out. What a weirdo… Who wears that? It’s not even that cold today… I didn’t walk in the elevator yet as Taehyun still hasn’t picked up my call. Coincidentally the person’s phone is ringing too. I finally looked at the person e and an eerie feeling swept through me. It’s also a feeling that’s telling me to stay away from him.

The phone finally stopped ringing and I quickly asked, “Yah, which unit are you at?”

“Yunju noona?” Wait… Why does his voice sound so close? I spun around and there he was, that weirdo person turned around at the same time and we stared at each other.

“It’s you?!” We both said at the same time, hanging up our phones.

“Yah, why are you wearing a cap and a hood at the same time?” I questioned, looking at him up and down. “It looks weird and you will just earn more attention!”

“I almost couldn’t recognize you without makeup!” He explained. This little brat… I glared at him and retrieved my arms to give him a punch in the arm. “I recognize your voice though!” He quickly said, trying to dodge my punch but failed. “Ouch! Aish, what took you so long? I thought you got lost or something so I was going to look for you.”

 

“You think it’s easy carrying around all these?” I lowered my head to the bags to show him. “Aish whatever.” I’m already tired from unpacking the whole day and my arms are killing me from holding up all these grocery bags. “Come on help me out here. I’m carrying so many things, at least try to act like a gentleman and help me carry some stuff. It’s all YOUR things anyway.” I suggested as we both got into the elevator.

He chuckled. “I think you’re probably manlier than me to be honest.”

“YAH NAM TAEHYUN! You better shut up before I get mad arrasseo!” He quickly got some bags from me to avoid another punch as we rode up the lift. “You guys could have gotten delivery. Why did you make me get all this? Aish…”

He shrugged right away and said, “Rule #4: You must do whatever I say.”

“But why?” I attempted to ask again.

He paused for a second and continued. “I’m adding a new rule. Rule #5: do not ever question Nam Taehyun.”

Tsk… “Did you do this to Hyejin too?” I let out a disapproving sighed and shook my head. “I can’t believe she would put this up with you.” Taehyun didn’t answer me. Instead, he smiled and cocked up his eyebrow several times. “Oh god, stop. It bothers me when you smile like that.” I said, lifting up my hand to cover my eyes.

By then, the elevator stopped and we made our way out. “Oh what, you live on the 10th floor too??”

“Mhmm.” He replied and made a left turn. Uh… Don’t tell me-“Here we are.”

I stopped dead on my track and stared at the unit number which says 104. “WHAT? I didn’t know you guys live right next to me! My unit is 106!!”

“Well now you know.” He answered casually, finding something in his pockets. “Oh I forgot my keys.” He rang the doorbell.

“Psh… Why am I not surprised you clumsy bum. Well good thing someone’s home, I hope.”

As if on cue with someone standing right behind the door, it immediately swung open and Taehyun signalled for me step in first. “Ladies first!” Hmm… Why is he suddenly so nice?

I walked in uneasily and all of a sudden, I hear several party poppers exploding and a bunch of voices screaming. “WELCOME YUNJU!!!”

I instantly looked around and saw Hyejin plus the rest of WINNER with a party hat on their head, holding a party popper and a wide smile is plastered on their faces.

I gasped, surprised at what has just happened. “What is this you guys!” I looked at Hyejin, “Why are you even here Hyejin?!”

Hyejin chuckled and strolled to my side, putting on a party hat for me and Taehyun. “Mianhe Yunju-ah. We just wanted to hold a welcome party for you as you’re joining the WINNER team now! They asked me for help so I had no choice!” She pouted at me to which I laughed at immediately.

“Yeah… Sorry for making you buy all these things.” Seungyoon said sheepishly, his hand rubbing the back of his head.

Mino nodded. “We figured since you just moved in that you will need groceries anyways. It was just a lie. You should keep all the things you just bought!”

“Mhmm! Please don’t be mad noona!” Seunghoon begged with a grin on his face. “I swear it was all Taehyun’s idea!!” Oh of course, because that kid is always up to no good.

“What?” Taehyun looked at me, “I actually just did you a favour you know. In case you were too lazy to get your downstairs.”

“We actually did need the food from the restaurant though.” Jinwoo smiled and grabbed the delivery boxes from me and brought it towards the dinner table, which was already piled up with a lot of other food items.

“Wow…” I became speechless for a moment. “You guys did all this for me?”

The boys nodded except for Taehyun who sat down and crossed his arms in front of his chest impatiently. Hyejin smiled, “Isn’t it sweet of them! I don’t think they have ever cooked for me you know!”

“You’re in this too okay Hyejin noona!” Mino quickly added, “I guess this is also a farewell party for you.” Suddenly the mood changed to a solemn one.

“Yah, don’t be sulking you guys.” I decided to speak up. “But thank you so much you all! I really didn’t expect this… At least you guys took me by surprise so good job!” I gave them two thumbs up.

The boys grinned. “Welcome Yunju noona! And please take care of us well!” They did a classic 90 degree bow. More like all of them did and Taehyun did it unwillingly. I secretly smirked to myself when I saw that.

Then everyone else started to set up the dining table. They refused to let me help out so I walked over to Taehyun who is sitting on the sofa with the remote in his hand. I dropped myself down beside him. Curious, I faced him and asked, “So how did you get my number in the first place?”

His bored expression remained the same. He gave me a ‘duh’ look but then turned back to the TV without answering.

Tsk… I saw his phone on the coffee table and decided to check it myself. I snatched it away and Taehyun fumed. “Don’t touch my stuff!!” He quickly took his phone back.

“Yah, it’s not under the rules you made!” I retorted.

“Rule #6: don’t touch my stuff!”

I rolled my eyes. “Why can’t you answer me? Don’t want to admit that you’re a stalker?” I leaned down on the sofa and playfully said, “Ah, who knows? Maybe moving in next door to you is a set up too?” I smirked and he raised his eyebrow.

“Dude I’m Nam Taehyun. I have my ways!” And with that, he walked over to the kitchen to his band mates.

I smirked. Oh you Nam Taehyun will never fail to amuse me.

 

 

---

Author's Note:

How are you all doing! I didn't realize that it's been a week since I've updated so I quickly finished this chapter and posted it ASAP. I apologize in advance if this chapter's ending sounds rushed :( I did try to make up for it with a slightly longer chapter though! 

So Yunju has moved into WINNER's apartment and lives exactly right next door to the five boys! Damn girl! Guess what that means? More bumping into Taehyun opportunities of course! hehehehe *rub palms together with evil smirk*

Hope you guys liked this chapter and as always please comment and leave me your suggestions! :D Thank you!!