Chapter 14

You Drive Me Crazy

Author's Note:

Just two songs for this chapter. Repeat Taeyang's until the next one, then play the second song till the end. Totally in love with Eyes, Nose, Lips, anyone else with me?!?! Anyways, enjoy this chapter! And as always, comments and upvotes are appreciated :D

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

That evening was definitely a dreadful one. Never have I experienced anything like that in my life. The moment when Seungyoon’s cousin, who I later found out is called Jihyun, announced that she will be leaving my apartment after dinner was probably when I finally felt the troublesome weight being lifted off my shoulders. Apparently she is from out of town and is simply visiting Seungyoon, or as she puts it her ‘closest cousin’, for approximately a week. In the meantime, she is staying at a nearby hotel, which also has its pros and cons. A good thing is that she’s not physically with us all the time, but it’s a con because that also gives her imminent amount of space to spy on the boys. I have a feeling Jihyun has been in town for quite a while already, and has been monitoring the innocent boys, which also explains the threatening message I’ve been receiving. This girl... She’s definitely someone I need to be careful of when I’m around.

I grimaced slightly as I recalled what occurred during dinner earlier. She just always seems so fascinated with what the boys are saying, especially Mino, probably because she knew he already has a soft spot for her. Unfortunately, I have a feeling Jinwoo is already changing his mind towards her. I noticed that she tries to lock her gaze with Jinwoo a little more and she would smile her brightest smile ever when he notices her. Did I mention she is also very touchy? I don’t mean the usual arm touching arm type when two people are sitting close, no, because that would be considered alright. But Jihyun takes it up to another notch. She would purposely playfully smack or hit one of the guys whenever possible. Or maybe because I’m just paranoid that she has done it on Taehyun a few times and I couldn’t say anything during dinner. Seunghoon seems indifferent though. Thank goodness for Seunghoon. He is actually sane and the only person who is not mesmerized by the girl’s tactics to woo all five guys. Oh and I wonder if anyone noticed that she paid zero attention towards me? She would just ignore me when I try to talk to her and pretends to talk to one of the guys instead and be intrigued in their conversation. EFFING HELL. Who the heck-

“Noona, you alright? Your eyebrows are doing that thing again.”

My thoughts were interrupted as Seunghoon takes a seat next to me on my sofa. I peered over his shoulder to the kitchen and see Mino and Taehyun cleaning up. Jinwoo went home already and Seungyoon isn’t present as he has to walk his cousin home. I looked back at Seunghoon again. “I’m okay Seunghoon-ah.”

“Don’t lie to me.” He insisted, his gaze turning a little more serious now. “I think I have a feeling what you’re thinking about though.” I tilted my head and gave him a look to urge him to continue. “It’s about Jihyun isn’t it?”

I sighed. “Can we talk outside?” I lifted my chin and pointed towards the balcony. Seunghoon nodded and we silently made our way outside, closing the glass door behind us.

“So what’s bothering you?” Seunghoon continued speaking as soon as the door shuts.  

“You remember the letter I received?” I started, glancing at Seunghoon to see his expression turn solemn. He nodded slowly. “I actually received a voicemail this morning.” I took my phone out and replayed the voicemail for him. He stood attentively and I see his face changed to one full of fear.

“Noona! Why didn’t you tell us earlier?” Seunghoon gasped. “I got to go tell the guys!” He was about to head back in the apartment but I grabbed his arm to stop him.

“See! If I were to tell you guys then you will all go crazy, like you right now.”

Seunghoon loosened up a little bit and stayed still beside me. “What are you planning to do? This seems to be going out of hand… I want you to be safe noona.”

I nodded. “I know. Well, actually, this afternoon when I was getting food with Jinwoo at the coffee shop…”

“You mean when someone bumped into you?”

I nodded again. “I actually saw a glimpse of the person. Quite clearly to be exact.” I cleared my throat and then continued. “I remember her eyes. It was Jihyun. I’m positive it’s her.”

I noticed Seunghoon’s gaze turn shocked, repeating the same reaction I previously had when I opened the door for her to come inside my apartment just merely hours ago. “What…? No way… Didn’t you say she was rude and seemed to have done it on purpose?”

“Mhmm.”

“But, she seemed nice just now.” Seunghoon shook his head at the new information that I had just given him.

“That’s why I’m confused too.” I continued, sighing as I looked upon the dark sky glimmering with lights of the metropolitan city. “This also led me thinking that… maybe all the threatening doings were done by her.”

Seunghoon gasped but tried to remain calm. “I see where this is going. Let’s say your assumptions are right, why is she trying to harm you but being nice to us at the same time?”

I shrugged. “Some people are obsessive? Didn’t she say Seungyoon is her favorite cousin? I don’t know. Maybe she has a huge crush on him or something and doesn’t like the idea that I’m always with you guys.”

“That’s sick.” Seunghoon muttered.

“That’s also a very very bad assumption.”

Seunghoon and I turned around to the new voice and see Taehyun closing the door to the balcony once he has stepped towards us. “What the! We didn’t even hear you open the door! How long have you been standing there?”

“Not long, just long enough to hear the voicemail and your assumption.” Taehyun replied and immediately stared at me. “Why didn’t you tell me about it today?”

I looked downwards. “Well… I didn’t know how you would react. Don’t be mad…”

I hear Taehyun sighed and he held onto my hand and gave it a little squeeze. “I don’t want you to hide anything from me- us. Don’t hide anything from us.” I gulped, remembering that Seunghoon is only a few feet within us. Taehyun released my hand to my disappointment. But it was good while it lasted because his warmth suddenly gave me strength and I didn’t feel so lonely anymore.

Seunghoon faked a cough and we turned towards him. He probably felt the awkwardness but nonetheless continued talking. “Okay, if what you’re saying is correct, then, what’s her purpose of coming here? To spy on Seungyoon?”

I shrugged. “Beats me. But I’m quite positive the threats are her doings.”

“I don’t like her anymore. No offense if she’s Seungyoon’s cousin.” Seunghoon pouted and patted my shoulder. “You don’t deserve this.”

Taehyun chuckled and we turned around at him. “Seriously? You too Seunghoon?” The two of us eyed Taehyun suspiciously. The brunette didn’t hesitate to speak again. “Okay. I must admit I want to kill who ever sent those threats to Yunju noona, but really guys? You think Jihyun did it? That’s ridiculous. She’s just a normal girl and Seungyoon’s cousin only. I don’t think she’s capable of doing it. Besides, she’s from out of town and just arrived today.” Seunghoon and I kept quiet. Honestly, I wish it wasn’t her as well but I somehow also trust my gut instinct. “So please, just leave the poor girl alone and stop thinking so much!” Taehyun ended his mini speech with a reassuring smile towards me. I couldn’t help it but to return a smile for him as well.

Seunghoon again, cleared his throat. “Well, uh, guess I’m going back home for now.” We nodded at him in silenced and he quickly made his way out of the balcony, leaving Taehyun and I alone.

I faced Taehyun again and tried my best to give him a reassuring smile but my heart still tells me otherwise. I want to believe his words but an unsettling feeling still remained within me. I truly wish that I am simply being paranoid. However, the look on Seunghoon’s face when I told him my assumption tells me that I could be right too. It just feels a little more comforting to know that someone else believes my thoughts and don’t think I’m crazy.

“Seriously noona. You got to tell me these things you know. That voicemail…” Taehyun’s words interrupted my thoughts once again and the hurt in his voice made me feel a little guilty inside.

“Mianhe. I didn’t want you to worry. Besides, you had to record today and I didn’t want to make you worry-“ I was silenced when I felt Taehyun flicked his fingers on my forehead again. “YAH! Why did you do that again?” Taehyun suddenly hugged me and I immediately shushed. Unknowingly, my arms crept up to his shoulders and held him tightly as well.

“I just don’t want you hurt because of us. Because of me.”

I swallowed back my tears at his kind words and closed my eyes. My heart and body became calm with his touch and my mind was finally at ease for the first time in these few days. “I know.” I replied as I buried my face on his shoulder. “And it really is just a gut instinct. I didn’t want to think of Jihyun that way but… A lot of things tell me otherwise.”

By then, Taehyun released his grip on me and pulled us apart. He looked into my eyes. “As much as I want to believe you, that presumption is just impossible. But don’t worry, I’ll be here to protect you if anything happens.” The smile he gave me afterwards still lingers in my mind as I fall asleep in bed that night.

---

The next day, the boys and I arrived together at a location for their photo shoot. Mino was in an exceptionally good mood today and everyone was happy with the lighthearted atmosphere.

“What’s with the change in mood today hyung?” Taehyun questioned as he sat still while I continued doing his makeup. I looked up and smiled at the said boy.

Mino simply grinned and shook his head in a mocking manner, flicking a piece of invisible hair by his ear. “I’m always like this!”

Seungyoon shook his head. “I bet you’re still head over heels for my cousin. Poor girl.”

At that moment, Mino’s head jerked up and faced Seungyoon, placing his hands on the leader’s shoulder and rested his chin on his hands. Giving the younger a puppy look, Mino asked, “So, when will we, I mean you see Jihyun again?”

“Jihyun? Jihyun? You make it sound like you two are close…” Seungyoon said disapprovingly at Mino’s lack of ‘-shi’ at the end of her name.

“She said it’s fine to call her Jihyun!” Mino said as a matter of factly. “So when do we get to see her again?”

“Yah, why are you asking so many questions?” Seungyoon said, a little irritated at Mino’s overly enthusiastic smile.

“But Jihyun say she wants to hang out with us more!” Mino retorted, shaking his body as he whines.

“Aish. What’s with all the noises?” Seunghoon complained as he took his earphones off and stared at the two bickering boys. “Let me have a peaceful nap before I have to get my makeup done!”

“Actually,” I stood up and waved Seunghoon over, “Taehyun just finished so it’s your turn now.”

Seunghoon pouted and strutted his way over when Taehyun got out of his seat. The mid split hair male observed the room and questioned. “Where’s Jinwoo hyung?”

Mino shrugged. “Beats me!”

Seungyoon jerked up at the commotion. “Aish, that boy… I told him not to wander around! What if he gets lost again!”

As if on cue, Jinwoo bursted into the room at that moment, along with someone else beside him. “Guess who I bumped into!” The blood in my body stopped circulating as I stared at Jihyun who walked into the room with her usual bright smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” She politely said and did a bow in front of everyone.

Seungyoon looked lost. “Eh! Jihyun-ah, why are you here?”

“I wanted to give you a surprise!” She said as she excitedly made her way over to Seungyoon and Mino.  “Annyeong Mino-oppa!”

Mino simply gaped at her while his jaw dropped a little. “Op-oppa?”

“Oh, if you don’t want me calling you that I can-“

“I like it. Please. You can call me o-oppa.” Mino smirked sheepishly as he continued gaping at Jihyun. She immediately returned a smile at him also.

By this time, Seunghoon quietly look up at me. “I think I know what you mean now noona…” I nodded at him in silence as well. He abruptly patted my hand and looked at me sincerely in my eyes. “Don’t worry, I’m always on your side.”

I smiled wholeheartedly at him, feeling a little more thankful for his support in this vulnerable situation. “Thank you Seunghoon-ah.”

Just then, a loud crash was heard over at the other side of the room and we all turned our heads to the source of the sound. I was very unimpressed at the sight, for I see Jihyun leaning on top of Taehyun. MY Taehyun. She didn’t even scramble back up but she simply stared at him. It wasn’t until Taehyun pushed her up until she finally snapped back into reality. That girl… What does she want to do with Taehyun now??

“NOONA! My eyes!” Seunghoon’s voice stopped my anger from boiling for a second before I looked down to see that I have just poked his eyes with the eyeliner pencil I was holding.

“OMO! Mianhe Seunghoon-ah!!” I quickly apologized, attempting to wipe off some of his eye makeup while glancing at the commotion in the room.

Seungyoon was the first one to help Jihyun up, while Mino lifted Taehyun off the floor. Taehyun looked at his scraped elbow from the collision. “Oh no! You’re hurt! I’m so sorry!” Jihyun quickly apologized and gave her best pout to Taehyun. I swear if she doesn’t stop with her aegyo in front of Taehyun I can really kill someone right now!!!

Taehyun waved it off. “I’m fine, don’t worry about it.”

“What happened?” Mino asked curiously, examining if Jihyun is hurt.

“Sorry… I was clumsy and tripped over this cord over here.” Jihyun pointed at the extension cord on the floor. “Then I lost my balance and somehow ended up on top of Taehyun-shi…” She turned to Taehyun again. “Do you want me to go to the first aid room in the building with you?”

“Ah, no really it’s fine. It’s not a bad scratch. I just need a bandage and I’m good.” Taehyun dismissed her offer and I found myself unconsciously smiling at his words. I tried to refocus on doing Seunghoon’s make up again after I convinced him that I wouldn’t poke his eye anymore.

“But…” Jihyun pouted and poked both her index fingers together in a ‘ET phone home’ manner. “It’s the least I can do.”

“Yah, Taehyun-ah, just let her go with you. You don’t want to make the poor girl worry do you?” Mino chimed in. I looked up and attempted to glare daggers at the rapper.

“Uh…” Taehyun trialed off.

“Please?” Jihyun blinked numerously at the boy with the mid split.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I stopped what I’m doing and stood up. “I’m going with Taehyun. You all stay here.”

“But noona, my makeup isn’t done yet!” Seunghoon complained. I looked at him and gave him a look to make him immediately shut up.

“I’m going with Taehyun.” I repeated myself once again.

“Yah, noona.” Seungyoon talked this time. “The PD is already waiting for Seunghoon to be ready. We need to start the shoot soon.”

“It’s fine noona.” Taehyun finally said. “Jihyun can go with me. You just help Seunghoon finish the last few touches, arrasseo?”

“But-“ I was about to complain when Taehyun flashed me a look, saying I shouldn’t say any further otherwise the boys will definitely question our relationship. I gave in and continued with Seunghoon’s make up again. I silently watched as Taehyun and Jihyun leaving our room. And I swear I saw Jihyun turning back at me and giving me her signature smirk. THAT !!! But wait… Does that mean she knows about Taehyun and I then? I gulped and pretended that nothing happened.

The wait for the two to return was awful. I finally finished Seunghoon’s makeup and am waiting impatiently for their return along with the others, with Mino and I being the most restless. Finally the two stepped into the room again, along with the photographer of the shoot. He clapped his hands together to get everyone’s attention. “Alright, everyone on stand-by, the shoot will start in five minutes so get in your places.”

Everyone muttered out a “I understand” and the person in charge left the room.

Jihyun looked at Taehyun shyly. “Sorry for the trouble. Taehyun oppa.”

My eyes widened. Did I just hear her called him OPPA? OPPA?! Even I don’t call him that word! HOW DARE SHE CALL HIM OPPA? I also noticed Mino’s face fell from the way she address Taehyun. The rapper tried not to show his disappointment but he’s doing a very bad job at it.

“Uh… Don’t worry about it.” Taehyun said uneasily as he made his way to me. I pretended to busy myself but he tapped my shoulder lightly. “Hey. I’m fine you know. You don’t have to get so worked up about it.”

Calm yo Yunju. Breathe. I exhaled and turned to face Taehyun and examined his bandaged arm. “Eh? Hello Kitty bandage…?”

Taehyun blushed. “Yah… The office didn’t have any bandages surprisingly and Jihyun insisted that I use what she has.”

I also noticed how he address her without a ‘-shi’ at the end. What did Jihyun do with my Taehyun just now?? “I see you two have gotten close.” I retorted. “Oppa this, oppa that…”

“Why, are you getting jealous?“

He whispered in my ear and I felt his breath on my neck. I had to stop myself from blushing. “N-no I’m not jealous!” I stammered and made my way to the other side of the room with Taehyun following close behind me.

“You know I would never do anything to make you mad. She asked if it’s okay to call me oppa, and quite frankly I didn’t hate the idea of it. And she talks too much and I said okay so she can stop talking and bothering me with that high pitched voice of hers.” Noticing my unimpressed expression, he continued. “To be honest I think she’s quite nice. I’m not just saying it because she’s Seungyoon’s cousin or because of what you ‘think’.”

I pouted. “But even I don’t call you oppa.” He pinched my cheeks playfully but stopped when the PD came into the room once again and called the boys out.

“Just don’t think too much okay?” Taehyun smiled at me for the last time before exiting the room. With that said, the boy piled out of the room. That means it was only Jihyun and I left. This is going to be awkward-

“Don’t you think your actions are going a little overboard?”

My head slowly turned to the voice and I finally met the gaze of Jihyun. She is currently occupying a seat with her legs and arms crossed. Oh… So she’s finally talking to me?

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

“You know exactly what I mean. I’m talking about you and Taehyun.” I stopped breathing and looked at her direction. “I saw everything. How sweet. Taehyun is a sweet guy yet he ended up with you.”

This is bad news. “What do you want?” This is disgusting. The complete change of her attitude is sickening. How can she put up such a good show in front of the boys but is now turning out to be such an evil in front of me?

She laughed. “I thought you would understand from the hints I’ve given you. Isn’t it clear? I want you to stay away from them but you didn’t listen.” She got out of her seat now and is walking towards me.

“So I was right… It was you all along!” I said. Unbelievable… This is unbelievable!

“Who else could it be?” She stopped walking now and faced me. “Why aren’t you listening then? You should leave them immediately!”

“Don’t you think you’re going a little overboard yourself? I’m just working for WINNER. I’m their makeup artist. I can’t just stop seeing them.” I tried to reason with her. But seeing her expression gave me another idea. “Don’t tell me… You like Taehyun?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” She answered immediately. “And I really don’t like you.” I took a step backwards as she gave me a slight push and advanced further.

Oh my god. This is probably one of the craziest things I’ve encountered in my career life.

“Well too bad. Taehyun likes me, not you, so don’t get your hopes up.” I said, struggling as she attempted to hit me with her arm. I immediately blocked her.

“Oh yeah? I can change his mind. He already lets me call him oppa. Didn’t you hear me call him that just now?” I wanted to cry at that moment. I wanted to just run over to Taehyun, hug him, let him comfort me and let him tell me that everything is going to be okay. I successfully blocked another one of her hits and attempted to push her backwards this time.

“Hyung, why are you so forgetful! How can you- What are you guys doing?”

Jihyun and I looked towards the door to see Taehyun and Jinwoo stepping inside. As if on cue, Jihyun quickly slipped and fell on the floor, while dragging me on top of her. “Yunju-shi, please stop this. You’re hurting me!”

“Yah! What are you talking about? You slipped down yourself and pulled me with you! Let go of my hands!” I demanded but her strong grip placed my hand around her neck.

She looked over to the two boys. “H-help me…”

Shocked, I gasped as I felt someone push me backwards and I landed on the floor, hitting my shoulder against a sharp object on the wall as I see Taehyun rushing towards Jihyun. “Jihyun, are you okay?” Did Taehyun just push me away…?

She choked and shook her head. “Taehyun oppa, good thing you’re here!” Her arms hung around his neck and she buried her face against his chest.

Taehyun stared upwards at me and gave me an unreadable expression. He quietly left the room with Jihyun.

My mouth gaped open as I watched the scene in disbelief. Jinwoo walked towards me though and crouched down. “Noona, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?”

Am I hurt? I glanced at my shoulder to see it begin bleeding, soaking through the shirt I’m currently wearing. It hurts I must admit. But nothing hurts as much as my heart is hurting right now.