Chapter 4

You Drive Me Crazy

CHAPTER FOUR

I gulped as he leaned in closer towards me. My mind wandered off to all the possibilities that can happen next. He will most likely pull a lame trick and smack my head or something along that line. I can feel his hot breath next to my ear now. What is he going to whisper to me about? Oh dear… What happens if what Hyejin mentioned earlier actually came true? No way… He doesn’t even like me. There’s no way he would confess to me now! But it is Nam Taehyun that we are talking about and this guy is full of surprises! What if he overheard my conversation with Hyejin and decided to make fun of me? What if he does confess something? Omo,worse of all, what if he kisses me?

I guess I spaced out in front of Taehyun and he’s waving his hand in front of my face now. I snapped back into reality and blushed. “What?” I asked with an annoyed voice in an attempt to hide my embarrassment.

Taehyun chuckled and shrugged. He waved my drink in front of my face and took a sip. I just realized he managed to take my drink away from my grip when I spaced out. “Mianhe, I was thirsty so I came out for a drink. But I see you’ve already got it for me?”

“No! That was mine! I bought it earlier but I just haven’t drank it yet!” I said frustratedly, trying to snatch my drink back but Taehyun is taller than I am and he is extending his arm all the way upwards, holding the drink way higher than my head.

For a moment, a slight disappointment arose within me. Was it because Taehyun didn’t end up saying anything to me? I should have known he was pulling a trick just to get my drink! Or… Was it disappointment because what Hyejin said didn’t come true? Oh dear, Yunju you should be happy and celebrating in joy right now because he didn’t say anything like that! I heaved a sigh a relief but somehow I cannot explain this feeling in my chest right now.

After a few attempts of jumping up to get my drink back but failing to do so, I wanted to give up already. It’s not like I’m going to be able to reach it anyways. But seeing his playful smirk on his face agitated me so I decided to hop onto his back for revenge.

“Noona! Why are you so heavy?” Taehyun seemed taken aback from my reaction but he showed no signs of letting me go. I felt myself slipping off so I started to hang onto his shoulders. Since he only had one hand supporting the back of one of my legs, my other leg started to slip down. “Yah yah yah. Aish!” He held the drink up to me. “Here take it!” I quickly obeyed so he finally freed his other hand to support my falling leg.

I immediately grinned because I got my drink back! Muahaha no one messes with me! “Yes! Victory! My drink is so happy to be returned to its owner!”

Taehyun rolled his eyes as he started walking back to the studio while giving me a piggy back ride. Obviously, he wasn’t going to be a nice guy to me. Out of nowhere, he stated. “You better hang on if you don’t want to fall down!” Then he started running down the hall at such a high speed I feel like I will drop if I didn’t tighten my grip on his shoulder.

“What’s that for! Slow down!” I commanded but he ignored my comment. I can already imagine his smirking face. What a childish act! I rolled my eyes and I tightened my arm around his neck. But who am I to say? I was the one who initiated this piggy back ride in the first place. I cursed silently to myself for buying a drink just now, then this wouldn’t have started!

Nearing the studio room, Taehyun laughed and quickly charged in. Once we arrived inside, he suddenly stopped on his tracks and stopped holding me, causing me to lose my grip and to fall down. I hissed as my came in contact with the floor. I pouted and looked up to see Taehyun’s surprised expression. I turned my vision to see what he’s looking at and saw our boss sitting by the wall in the room. Why is sajangnim here? What should I do? I gulped and quickly hopped onto my feet. Standing next to Taehyun, we both immediately bowed down at him.

As we got up, I tried to figure out what sajangnim is thinking but his face always has an unreadable expression. Crap, I hope he doesn’t say anything about us and our stupid behaviour. I mentally scolded myself to behave more mature and appropriately when I’m in the YG building. I looked around the room to see Jinwoo looking like a lost puppy, while Mino and Seunghoon are trying to hold in their laughs by covering their mouths. I gave them a stern gaze and they tried to avoid my eyes, still chuckling. These two jocks remind me of those class clowns back when I was still in high school… Guess they’re always up to no good and of no help as well! Seungyoon seems nervous though, as I see him sitting on the bench playing with his fingers.

“Uh… So I see you two have gotten quite close.” Our boss started saying, still looking at me and Taehyun, and pointing out what he had just seen.

I immediately waved my hand at him. “Nono, we were just…” I found myself at a loss of words to say. That was already embarrassing as is but the fact that our boss saw us doing that worsen the situation up to another notch. That was such bad timing Yunju ah!

“Oh yeah totally!” Taehyun finally spoke up awkwardly and tried to look cheerful in return. “Yunju noona is very nice to everyone. I’m so glad WINNER is able to work with her! Haha…ha!” Taehyun tried to laugh off the embarrassing situation and even placed his hand on my shoulder to pull me closer to him.

Sajangnim seems to be buying the excuse so I quickly placed my hand on Taehyun’s shoulder as well. “Yeah, everyone is so nice to me here. I almost feel like we are a long lost family!” Oh man Yunju that was so lame, better keep your mouth shut from now on!

“Yeah!!!” Mino chirped into our conversation. “Noona treats us very well!” Seunghoon also nodded his head in support of Mino’s answer.

“Oh? Is that so?” Our boss hesitated in the beginning but then nodded in satisfaction afterwards. “And I was worried Yunju will be having a hard time to adjust to working with a new group but I guess you’re doing quite well. That’s a relief.” I beamed at his words and bowed down again. I quickly exhaled a relieving sigh. Whew, that was close! I thought I would have gotten a scolding from him!

“Anyways, back on topic.” Our boss finally started saying, “You must all be quite curious as to why I’m here today.” The rest of us didn’t speak up but nodded silently among ourselves. Sajangnim then continued. “I’m here to announce that WINNER will be participating as part of Big Bang’s Japan tour that is going to take place in just a few days. You will be the opening band for their concert. I know it’s quite last minute but I have faith in you all.” He handed a sheet of paper to the boys. “Here’s the list of songs you’ll be performing there. So get to practice boys! I’ve talked to your manager about it. He’ll brief you all about the activities soon. You guys will leave for Japan in two days.” And with that, he got up to leave.

Everyone in the room gasped and immediately bowed at our boss till he left the room. “Thank you so much for the opportunity sajangnim!!”

Once he left, everyone in the room was finally able to inhale a sigh of relief, as if we were all holding in our breaths for dear life. Seungyoon smiled and faced the rest of the members. “WOOHOO!! We get to perform in Japan for Big Bang!” The boys all got up and started to jump up and down in the studio. I couldn’t help it but to laugh along with them as they all got so excited at the great news. I knew it was a rare opportunity for the boys, since they’re standing on stage for Big Bang and especially because they still haven’t debuted yet. I guess being on the WIN program really did help them become well- known already! They must be excited and nervous at the same time. With just two days left until going to Japan, they honestly don’t have much time left to practice. But wait! Does this mean I get to stay in Korea while the boys are in Japan? I instantly smirked to myself. It’ll be so nice to be away from Taehyun for a while.

“Why are you smirking to yourself? You must be up to no good! What are you thinking about?” Taehyun questioned me when he saw me smile at the thought of not having to be around him 24/7.

I giggled and then shrugged at him. “Hmm, I don’t know. I guess I’m just really happy at the thought that you won’t be bothering and bossing me around while you’re in Japan!”

Just then, their manager Sungmin came in and started to talk to them about their plans for the trip. I decided to leave them alone so that they can get to work as soon as possible.

“Yunju don’t go yet! You need to listen to this too.” Sungmin demanded as I was about to leave.

I turned around. “Oh, but why?”

“What do you mean why?” Sungmin questioned. “Well you’re coming too obviously! We need you to do their make up for the concert!”

I gasped. “Oh… Sorry I didn’t know. I thought there’ll be make-up artists for them in Japan.”

Sungmin looked at me sympathetically. “Yeah… Sorry Yunju-ah. But it is such a last minute decision that we are not able to contact anyone. So you will be coming with us all in two days’ time. Time to get packing tonight, arrasseo?”

My jaw dropped upon hearing such bad news. Damn it!! It was too good to be true when I thought I didn’t need to go with them! Hesitantly, I made my way to the couch, coincidentally sitting next to Taehyun. From my peripheral vision, I can see Taehyun chuckling at me. He leaned in and whispered to me, “Guess you’re still stuck with me for a while!” I glared at him in defeat.

---

The day to leave for Japan has finally arrived. Sungmin has picked us all up an hour ago and we are all at the airport now, ready to board the flight. The anticipation for the trip is killing me as I have never been to Japan before and I finally have the chance to go now! The only problem is that I’m going because of work, and Nam Taehyun is going to be there too, which suddenly doesn’t seem so exciting anymore. I also highly doubt that I will be able to explore any parts of the city alone due to the tight schedule there.

An announcement was heard at the boarding room and many people started to line up to head onto the plane. I glanced down at my ticket stub to see which row I’d be sitting in. Hopefully I’ll be next to Hyejin! I was so glad the moment I found out Big Bang and Hyejin and many other YG workers are boarding this plane as well. This is going to be good! At least I can go hang out with Hyejin and Big Bang sunbaenim for a bit if I’m bored! I quickly waved Hyejin over to look at her seat placement. Unfortunately she sits a few rows in front of me. Dang, I hope I’m not sitting next to Taehyun! I even crossed my fingers for good luck. While in line with Jinwoo next to me, he immediately showed me his seat number and asked if I’ll be sitting next to him. It turns out he will be a row behind me! Ah damn… Does this really mean I’ll be sitting close with WINNER? Why can’t backstage helpers be sitting within their own crew? If that’s the case then I hope I get the window seat or outermost seat with Seungyoon beside me.

As we walked into the plane, I quickly strolled towards my seat number. Row 24… row 24… Seat C! Turns out my seat is right beside the aisle, which I’m definitely not complaining about! I quickly placed my hand carry luggage in the compartment above my seat and sat down. Okay… Well now comes the truth! I quietly gazed at the people walking towards me.

(A/N: seats on the plane can be quite confusing but let’s just say the plane is a small one so each row only has 6 seats- ABC (aisle) DEF! I hope that makes sense ^^;;)

I noticed Seungyoon glancing up and down from his ticket that he’s holding and the number on the compartments. “Row 24…” He smiled when he saw me waving at him. “Yunju noona I’m row 24 too!” Please!!! Please let him sit beside me! I did a mental prayer in my mind, hoping that it would increase the chance. “I’m seat D!” I quickly looked up to check the seats beside me which happens to be seats B and A. I pouted as I watched Seungyoon sit down across the aisle. I sighed. That was too good to be true.

Someone from the seat in front of me turned around and it turned out to be Taeyang from Big Bang. I instantly smiled at him and gave a slight bow. “Hi Youngbae-shi! How have you been?”

He flashed me his eye smile sincerely and huddled closer to talk to me. “Good! But I should be asking you that! How’s not working with me anymore? I actually didn’t know you’re coming with WINNER to Japan.”

 “I definitely miss working with you and Big Bang!” I pretended to give a pout and replied. “That’s what I thought too but it seems like they really need people this time!”

“Well that’s not a bad deal! You get to experience a bit of Japan yourself!”

I politely nodded and chit-chatted with him for a little more before he went off to talk to his manager. If only I was still working with Big Bang! I think I will absolutely be enjoying my time here much more…

I gulped when I saw Mino and Taehyun approaching Seungyoon and I.  Please don’t let Taehyun sit beside me!! I silently prayed: I promise that I will go to church more often! As the two arrived next to me, Mino dropped off his belongings next to Seungyoon, indicating that he wasn’t going to sit anywhere near me. My heart beats faster as I tried to take a peek at Taehyun’s ticket. The heartbeat that was still pumping steadily suddenly became dead as Taehyun smirked at me and sat down beside me. I literally face palmed myself as Taehyun quickly adjusts his seat belt and leans in to talk to me. “Damn, even fate wants us sitting next to each other!”

I rolled my eyes. “Can you shut up and leave me alone for the rest of the ride?” Taehyun simply showed me his toothy grin and plopped his head on his hand for support. “Please?”

“OH! Yunju-shi!”? Taehyun stopped what he was doing and looked up behind me. “Taehyun you’re sitting here too?” Eh? Who’s calling me?

I turned around to look up and came face to face with no other than TOP from Big Bang. It was such a relief to see him! It was an indescribable feeling, almost like seeing your long lost family member. “Omo! Seunghyun-shi! It’s been a while! How have you been? Are you sitting in this row by any chance?”

He grinned and nodded. “Taehyun-ah, do you mind switching seats with me? I want to sit beside Yunju! My ticket is supposed to be for seat A.” My eyes widened at his words. Did I hear him correctly? YESSSSS! A victory dance appeared in my head.

“Oh of course!” I quickly answered for Taehyun and unbuckled his seat belt and shooed him away to the window seat. Taehyun, on the other hand, looked extremely defeated as he couldn’t bug me anymore during the flight. But also because it was TOP, his sunbaenim, who have asked him to move over, it wasn’t like he had a choice but to obey.

“Yeah sure TOP-shi! I like the window seat anyways so it’s fine with me!” Taehyun said politely and quietly moved over. TOP quickly sat down beside me and the flight began to take off.

Moments past and everything was going so well that even I can’t believe where all this luck came from. It must have been from all those good deeds that I’ve done and God is finally taking pity on me from all those things that Taehyun have been making me do for him! I grinned foolishly at the thought. But hmm… I wonder what Taehyun is up to? He hasn’t said a word since he switched seats with TOP. I took a peek at Taehyun’s direction and saw his head facing towards the wall of the plane, his arms crossed and one of his hands holding up an iPod classic.

“Did you say something?” TOP suddenly asked as he took off his headphones and turned his gaze from his movie screen to me. He must’ve thought I wanted to talk to him when I turned around.

I shook my head. “Ah no… Haha I was just stretching you know. Haha!” I immediately made up an excuse. TOP leaned back in his seat and placed his headphones on. I did the same thing, placing my headphones on my head, trying to pick a movie to watch for the rest of the ride towards Japan.

As I was focusing on the screen to choose a movie, I felt a tap on my arm and I turned to look at TOP who had a nervous appearance. “What’s wrong?”

He clutched onto his stomach in pain. “I… I think I ate something bad just now.”

“Oh my… Are you okay? You don’t look so good!” His face looks more pale than usual. This is bad!

“I really…Need to go…” He embarrassingly pointed towards the hallway so I can let him out to go to the washroom. I unbuckled my seat belt and got up to let him through. I don’t think I’ve seen TOP ran in my life but just now he basically ran towards the back. That stomach ache must have been pretty bad… I sat down on my seat uneasily, hoping that TOP is okay.

I continued looking for a movie on the screen but none of the movies available captured my interest. What am I to do for the rest of the flight? There’s still another three hours to go before we land in Tokyo airport! I looked to the other side of the aisle to see Seungyoon, Mino and their manager Sungmin fast asleep. Man… They must be tired! I leaned forward to see what Taeyang was doing but he’s focusing so hard on his movie that I feel bad if I interrupt him just for my own entertainment. I sighed and looked at my last resort, Nam Taehyun, who seems to be sleeping as well.

Is he actually sleeping? I somehow had a feeling that he was just pretending to not talk to me. Since TOP still hasn’t returned yet, I decided to scooch over to the middle seat to observe him better. His legs were bent sideways and his arms are still crossed. His head was still facing the window. I carefully reached my arm out and waved in front of his face but he wasn’t responding. I tried tapping his arm lightly but to no avail as well. Maybe he really is sleeping then?

Suddenly, the seatbelt signal came on. Hmm… Is some kind of urgent matter coming up? Omo… Is the plane experiencing something bad? Are we going to crash? Still sitting on TOP’s seat, I didn’t know whether or not I should wait for TOP to come back first. He’s gone for a while now, shouldn’t he be back soon?

Abruptly, I felt the plane dropping due to high turbulences. Oh crap! I totally should have put my seat belt on earlier! I quickly leaned back on TOP’s seat and attempted to look for the seatbelt but somehow only found the buckle of one side and not the other! Looking down, I realized that Taehyun is actually sitting on one of the buckles! My goodness, how did that get there??! Trying not to wake Taehyun up, and trying to ignore the turbulence going on, I discreetly tried to lift the buckle but didn’t succeed. I cursed silently to myself. Okay well this is going to be quick, and then I’ll be able to sit back down! I carefully stood up, managed to balance on both my feet, and tried to bend down to look for the hidden seat belt. Just then, the plane hits another turbulence. Losing balance, I somehow managed to crash onto Taehyun’s lap. Damn it! Why does this have to happen to me right now?

Taehyun seems to have woken up from his sleep and saw me huddling over his body. “YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” He asks right away but the plane hits another turbulence, as if riding a roller coaster- just without a seat belt for me. Not able to control where I’m falling anymore, the front of my head knocked on Taehyun’s forehead, causing the both of us to wince in pain. “Ouch! Noona get off me!! What do you want now? ?!”

“YAH SHUT UP! Just give me the seat belt you’re sitting on!” I demanded, rubbing my forehand with my free hand.

Obediently, Taehyun quickly pulled out the seatbelt. Still aware that I am on Taehyun’s lap, I blushed and tried to get up to move over to the next seat immediately. As if the current situation wasn’t bad enough, the plane drops again, causing me to fall down again on the poor guy underneath me. I bit my lips, feeling my face turning probably as red as a tomato. I stole a quick glance at Taehyun, who returned the same awkward gaze at me.

But this time he didn’t say anything. No complaints, no words like ‘YOU ERT!’ I only felt a pair of strong arms holding onto me, hugging me tightly towards his body.

 

 

 

---

Author's Note: Hello readers!! I hope you're doing well and enjoyed reading this chapter! I intended to finish the airplane scene in this chapter but that's going to make this chapter super duper long so i decided to split the airplane scene into two parts. Sorry readers >< 

I also hope that the airplane scene wasn't that confusing?!?! I had a bit of trouble writing it because it's very hard imagining all the placements within the cargo. 

Anyways, hope you liked this chapter! As always, please leave me a comment as that will really make my day and make me feel very motivated!:D 

THANK YOU FOR READING <3