Chapter 17

You Drive Me Crazy

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I was able to get out of the hospital the next morning after the horrible incident. Everything got better after I was well rested and my doctor made sure I took my prescription home with me. I also earned myself a very, very caring boyfriend. Taehyun had been taking care of me so well to the point where I think I don’t even need to do anything to get by with life. Not saying that I’m not enjoying the attention from him, but I feel that his sincere gesture is simply too overwhelming for me to get used to. I tried to hint at him that I’m fine if the hospital releases me and that I am able to at least do some physical movements but he simply assures me that he can take of everything.

And I mean literally EVERYTHING.

Like right now will be a good example.

Taehyun is spending his day off in my apartment. I wanted to go outside and simply enjoy some outdoor activities since it is summer time after all but he didn’t let me do so. Instead, he came up with the idea of doing a movie marathon in front of my television for the whole day. He grinned at me once he came over and held up a bunch of DVDs that he rented by risking his chance of being caught by fan girls at the DVD rental store down the street. I didn’t have the heart to say no to him so in the end I complied with his idea.

Popcorn, movie, cuddling, what could go wrong?

Never was I so wrong.

I just tried to get up from the couch to get something to drink but Taehyun got up right away instead and pushed me to sit back down.

“What do you want? I’ll get it for you.” He says reassuringly. “You just sit.”

“Taehyun-ah… I’m just thirsty and want some water…” I explained.

“Thirsty? Water?” Taehyun snapped his fingers as he hopped over to the kitchen, “I’ll get it!” He also peeks at me to see if I’m actually obeying his words. When he sees that I am actually resting on the sofa, he grins and quickly comes back with water.

“Thanks.” I said as I snatched my cup away from him.

He smiled as he sits down beside me. “My pleasure.”

The movie continues and I suddenly feel like getting some more snacks from the cupboard in the kitchen. I get up but am once again being pushed down by none other than Nam Taehyun.

“What do you want?”

I looked up at him and sighed. “Well, I just wanted to get some snacks. Listen, the kitchen is simply within 20 feet away from us-“ I was cut off when I see that Taehyun has already retrieved something and shoved the item into my hands. I was speechless.

“Chips? I know you like chips. Or is there something else that you want?” He beams at me with his perfectly white teeth.

“Uh this will do, thank you.” I said, trying my best to smile at him as I opened up the savoury snack.

He grinned and draped his arm over my shoulder as he began to focus on the movie again. I tried to concentrate on the movie as well but there really are just so many things that I want to do besides spending the afternoon at home. The sun is basically inviting me outside while I’m staring back weeping in sadness from within. Worst of all, I can’t even walk around in my own damn apartment. What kind of nonsense is this! I just want to do something physically, is that too much to ask for?

Oh my god. I can’t stand this anymore!

“Um I suddenly feel like having ice cream actually.” I said, after trying to recall an item that can’t be found in my house.

“I’ll get it!” Taehyun practically runs over to the fridge and opens the freezer. He frowns and shook his head. “There’s no ice cream noona.”

I pretend to sigh and fight back the urge to laugh while giving my best aegyo face . “Awww… But I really want ice cream.” I try to get up again but Taehyun comes running back and assures me to sit down and promises he will run down to get some from the grocery store.

“Awww, you’re the best!” I try to smile whole heartedly at him and wave him goodbye as he runs out of my house. I immediately got up on my feet once he was out of my sight and stretched out my limbs.

Hell. Hell is the perfect word to describe what I am currently feeling. Being baby-sitted and pampered by a person is definitely not my thing.

I randomly began doing some light jogs around the apartment until I heard an incoming text from my phone. Ugh, must be Taehyun. I snatched my phone from the kitchen counter and looked at it. Noticing that it’s actually a picture that I just received, I thought that Taehyun must be wondering which ice cream flavour I want from the market by sending me a picture.

I whistled as my fingers entered its passcode and opened the image that I have just received. My legs fell weak as my eyes widen upon the picture. My hand clasped over my mouth as I gaped in shock. I tried rubbing my eyes and then letting the picture flood into my eye sight again but it was the same photo.

Oh how I wish I didn’t send Taehyun away. How I wish I was simply going to decide between which ice cream flavour to eat. How I wish I am simply being nagged at and pampered by my boyfriend.

But no.

I should have noticed that the message was sent from an unknown number.

I cringed at the image again. My breath quickened at an unhealthy pace and I reached out frantically in search of my inhaler. Once I managed to retrieve it from my bag, I immediately placed it in between my lips and pumped the medicine down my throat. I swallowed the drug and held onto my phone again. It began ringing and I already knew who to expect to be talking to.

“Yes Jihyun-shi?” I cleared my throat and answered, trying to speak as calmly as I possibly can in this situation.

“Oh, I’m surprised you still have the guts to answer my call.” Jihyun chuckled over on the other line. “Do you like what I sent you? Consider it a souvenir.”

“Delete the photo.” I commanded with a demanding tone.

“Well well, so now you’re trying to be demanding huh?” She laughed cynically and then continued, “You’re the one getting all the attention, are you happy now? I wish you could’ve just left Taehyun oppa!”

I sighed heavily. I’m so sick and tired of this. “I didn’t take anything away from you. And I didn’t demand any attention from anyone. I just-“

“ENOUGH!” She cuts me off halfway. “Stop this!” She paused for a second but then spoke again. “What do you think will happen if I posted this picture on the internet?”

My heart stopped. My mind was lost by her words and I didn’t know what to say. What does Jihyun want this time? “Posting it up on the internet won’t do anyone any good.” I finally said after eliminating some unwise sentences that I want to say but it will just provoke her further.

“You think so? Well for one, Taehyun oppa is just about to debut. Do you really think a scandal will do him any good? Huh? Will it give WINNER any success? As his girlfriend, shouldn’t you be more understanding?”

“Tell me, Jihyun-shi, what do you want this time?” I said tiredly.

“We’re getting to the point aren’t we now? I really admire how straight forward you are Yunju-shi.” She chuckled. “Simple. I want you to leave Taehyun, leave YG, leave Seoul, and never come back again. I’ve been trying to tell you that since day one. Don’t you remember? Or did you think I will just let it slip…”

My breath was caught in my throat and I shut my eyes tightly. Please tell me this is just a dream… Someone, please wake me up!

“And why should I listen to you?” My eyes darted towards the door, afraid that Taehyun will be back any minute now since the grocery store is so close by. I really don’t want him to know about this…

“Well, if you don’t, expect to see the picture all over the internet by tomorrow evening. And let me tell you, I am perfectly capable of doing something like that. I’m sure you wouldn’t want that, would you? Don’t you like Taehyun oppa? Don’t you want to protect him?” She sighed. “And don’t forget about the rest of the members.”

“How can you say that? If you post those pictures, it will directly affect WINNER. Mind you, if you have forgotten, that your beloved cousin is also in the same group.” I said confidently. “You wouldn’t want to pull Seungyoon down, do you?”

She laughed. “You really think so? You believe that they will think that way? They will simply think you betrayed them because you didn’t want to lose your job at YG entertainment. Oh wow I can’t believe how selfish you are Yunju-shi!”

“Just shut up! Stop talking! I don’t want to listen to you anymore!” I begged, shaking my head in refusal to her request. “Stop! Please…” I can’t believe how heartless a person can be.

She snickered. “Ah, it feels so good to just imagine life without you here in Seoul.”

I didn’t know what to say. For one, everything I have is here. In Seoul, a place I call home. My everything. My growing career, my sincere friends, my humble home, my funny and down to earth colleagues… and also Taehyun.

Jihyun interrupted my thoughts. “Yunju-shi, you’re a smart girl. I’m sure you know what to do, right? I expect you to give your resignation letter to your company tomorrow morning. Otherwise… You know what I’m going to do. And if you even think of telling my oppas about it, then I’ll be sure that your career is over in Korea.”

Her voice rung in my head over and over again. I didn’t even realize when she hung up.

I continued staying silent while ten million thoughts zooms past my mind per second. I can’t believe this… Am I really being controlled by simply one girl?

Why were we so not careful? Why did this happen to us? Why did Jihyun just happen to capture that picture? Why did I end up falling for Taehyun?

I grimaced as my eyes stared at the photo again on my phone.

And a picture of Taehyun and I appeared on the screen, in front of the YG building, when we thought no one was around and he gave me a peck on my lips.

Jihyun managed to snap a picture of Taehyun and I that day we first confessed to each other. How the heck did she find such a good timing? I swallowed back in my frustrated tears as I tried to enlarge the photo to see if people could tell it is Taehyun and I.

But my mind suddenly remembers those articles a couple weeks back of Taehyun, Seungyoon and I. It will be extremely bad for them to have another scandal. Plus, there were pictures of us quarrelling in the past article and I’m sure people are able to recognize that it is the same girl in both photos. Then there’ll be all these news about how Taehyun is kissing his makeup artist… Definitely a no go.

I sighed and rested my forehead on my palm, while trying to massage my aching temples.

I swear… Those fan girls will be the death of me!

Soon enough, the door of my apartment opened and Taehyun stepped in, panting heavily. I quickly turned off the screen of my phone and placed it away. Holding in my soaring emotions, I managed to smile at Taehyun.

“Yay! You’re back!” I exclaimed enthusiastically as he placed my precious ice cream on the kitchen counter and slumped down onto a chair next to mine.

“Sorry, the lineup was hella long downstairs! And I realized I didn’t bring disguise so I was being extra careful.” Taehyun said apologetically.

How can I give up on someone so thoughtful? So caring… So compatible with me? I bit my lips as Jihyun’s voice spreaded throughout my mind.

“Taehyun-ah, come here.” I extended out my arms towards him until I was able to lean on his shoulder.

Taehyun stiffened suddenly. “Whoa, did something happen? You don’t usually act like this.”

I sat upright again and attempted to smack his head. “What? So what do I do usually huh?”

He shook his head disappointedly. “Nevermind. I had my hopes up for nothing. You’re back to normal now.”

“YAH!” I pretended to be angry but he immediately leaned in to kiss me so I couldn’t say anything else. I didn’t pull away but just naturally closed my eyes. I suddenly felt guilty as he deepened our kiss. I couldn’t get Jihyun’s voice out of my head. I tried to hold back my tears, feeling the warmth while Taehyun is caressing me tightly right now. Confused with whether I should tell Taehyun or not, I decided against it in the end for he will definitely tell me to ignore her and he will personally go find her about it. It’ll be worse if she blackmails him with something else that can personally harm him.

And I cannot let that happen. NEVER.

I pulled apart from our kiss and stared at him lifelessly.

“What’s wrong?” He immediately asked, bringing his thumb up and swept it across my cheeks. I didn’t realize my tears were falling down.

I quickly smiled at him reassuringly and wiped my cheeks with the back of my hand. “No, nothing. It’s just allergies, haha. And Taehyun-ah, I just… I’m just really glad you’re here… with me. Ha sorry I don’t know what I’m talking about right now.”

He stared at me weirdly and grabbed onto my hand. “Don’t say that. No matter what happens I’ll always be here for you.”

“Can I be selfish today and have you grant me a wish?” I asked suddenly.

He rested his chin on his palm while leaning against the counter, seemingly in deep thoughts. “I don’t know what’s up with you but shoot it.”

I paused for a second and after contemplating I finally asked. “Can you take me on a date today? Today I mean like right now? Please?” I blushed right after realizing what I have just asked.

Taehyun burst out laughing however and almost choked on his own saliva. I thought he would say something to humiliate my request but to my surprise, he went with the flow. “That should be something I say!” He did an impromptu and got up on his feet and bowed down towards me, one hand tucked against his stomach and extended his other hand out for me to hold onto. “My beautiful, would you happen to have time to go to the amusement park with me this lovely afternoon?”

I couldn’t contain my laughter at his cheesy sentence anymore and choked out laughing. Taehyun rolled his eyes. “So will you?” He took out his wallet and pulled out two entry tickets to the amusement park. “I got this already too!”

I stared at the tickets, astonished. “What! How did you get the tickets?”

“Duh, I was planning on asking you to go today anyways. I was just teasing you earlier for not making you do anything. I also expected that you would’ve snapped way earlier.”

Seeing the look on his face simply made me laugh even harder.

“Oh come on! You can’t leave me hanging! Answer me!”

“HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, but man, that was too good. I wish I have recorded that so I can watch it again!” I admitted.

He grinned. “So I’ll take that as a yes?”

“Do I have a choice?” I asked mockingly. “I wouldn’t want to put those tickets to waste would I?”

Taehyun shrugged. “Well I don’t know, I guess I could ask Mino hyung to go with me…” I glared at him. “Or maybe not. Come on, let’s get ready to go!!”

I hopped off the stool and gave Taehyun a hug. “Thank you Taehyun. You’re the best!!”

“I know. Just a reminder, you’re like… dating the best guy on Earth!” He suddenly proclaimed. I faked a cough and pretended to puke at his comment.

“Narcissistic much?” I asked as Taehyun yanked me out the door by my hand excitedly.

---

“Hurry up!!” I said excitedly as I pulled a very tired looking Taehyun behind me after we purchased some snacks from the funnel cake stand. “They said the fireworks start at 10pm! We have less than five minutes to make it to the main area!”

“Man… Maybe I shouldn’t have gotten amusement park tickets.” He hissed in pain and he tries to speed walk without stumbling. “My feet are killing me! How can you still have so much energy?”

“You have no idea how many all-nighters I pulled by working with your Big Bang sunbaenims.” I retorted with a grin. “That’s why I have so much energy all the time!”

Taehyun groaned as we neared the area by the main entrance, which is also where the fireworks will be taking place. A sea of people was already waiting but Taehyun and I managed to squish into the crowd. I glanced at Taehyun and readjusted his sunglasses for him since a few people have bumped into us in the crowd already. I also lowered the brim of my cap and grinned at him excitedly.

“It’s just fireworks! What are you? Ten?” He asked and pursed his lips. I swear he rolled his eyes beneath those two dark lenses that are shielding the truth from me.

“Sheesh. Come on. Watching the fireworks is part of the fun at the amusement park right?” I beamed at him and nibbled on the funnel cakes that we bought earlier. I also shoved some in his mouth before he can counter my sentence.

Suddenly a blast of firework was heard and we both turned towards the colourful ignition within the dark sky. More and more fireworks followed after with the first one, creating a beautiful contrast with the dark canvas. I smiled at the scenery and turned to look at Taehyun. His mouth gaped open as he stared at the sight before us.

“See? I told you that you will like it!” I stated plainly, crossing my arms and shook my head at him. “Isn’t it beautiful?”

“What? I never said I didn’t like fireworks.”

“Oh yeah? Who was it that was complaining earlier?” I rolled my eyes.

Taehyun didn’t reply but I received another flick to my forehead. He retrieved his hand as I stared at him and pouted. However, he smiled at me and simply hugged me tightly as we stared at the amazing masterpiece forming in front of our eyes.

Ah, what a perfect ending to our night.

Hand in hand that evening, we walked back to our apartment. We got in the elevator and he beamed at me. “So, did you have fun today?”

“Of course! I love going to amusement parks. Thanks for taking me!” I smiled and replied genuinely. I tore my gaze away from his and looked upwards to see the indicator of the floor level rising too quickly for my liking.

“That’s good to know. It’s our first date too for your info.” He said, squeezing my hand with a bit of pressure. “But I know it’ll be good wherever we went since I’m with you.”

I remained speechless for a bit but decided to chuckle at his statement. “Hey, don’t be cheesy now. I don’t want to puke from sweetness overload.”

He laughed lightheartedly and the elevator stopped, indicating that we have arrived on our floor. We stepped out hesitantly, both not wanting to end the night just yet.

“Well, here we are.” He spoke softly as he stared into my eyes.

I nodded. “Thank you for taking me out today. I had a lot of fun with you.”

Just then, Taehyun’s apartment door opened and Mino peeked out. “AHA! I knew it was you guys!” We turned towards him, surprised at the unexpected company. “So, where did you guys go today huh? Had loads of fun? Yeah? Did you guys hold hands yet? Did you guys have your first kiss yet? I want to know!!” The elder male giggled like a little girl all of a sudden, bringing his hand up to cover his mouth.

“Hyung!!!” Taehyun rolled his eyes and shoved Mino’s head back inside the apartment. He turned towards me, a tint of red appearing on his cheeks. I smiled at him. “Please just… Ignore him. You know Mino hyung and his moments.”

I nodded in agreement, and also at a loss of words to say. “You must be tired. You should rest up. You have a schedule tomorrow!”

“Whoa, you’re stalking my schedule now too huh?”

“Do you think I have a choice? My schedule revolves around your schedule you know.”

He pinched my nose suddenly. “Just teasing you. But I will head in now and catch up on some sleep and let my sore feet rest for the night… Good night?”

Mino’s head popped back out. “Oh come on you guys! It’s not like you won’t see each other anymore! Ugh I can’t stand this lovey dovey-ness!” He then disappeared inside again.

I cleared my throat and tried my best to smile. “… Good night Taehyun-ah.” I finally said, slowly approaching the door to my apartment.

“I don’t get a goodbye kiss?”

I turned around to see my boyfriend frowning. I laughed and jogged up to him and pecked his lips for the last time that night. I also gave him a hug and was secretly glad that he responded too and held onto me for a moment. “Thanks for everything. Good bye!” I said, pulling away and giving him one last look before I turned around.

Fetching quickly for my keys, I shoved it into the lock and glanced back to Taehyun. He simply leaned against the door frame and waved at me while a sweet smile adorned his face. His eyes turned into slits and his eyebrows are doing its signature slants downwards. I’ll remember that face forever. Soon enough, Mino appeared behind him and shoved him inside. “My gosh, you two are more sticky than honey! Well good night noona!” Taehyun didn’t even have time to respond but Mino has already slammed the door shut. I smiled at their interaction.

I silently entered my apartment, switched on the lights and placed down my bag. I stood and examined the room for a good thirty seconds before fetching my phone. Dialing a familiar number, I placed it next to my ear. After a few rings, a woman answered excitedly.

“Oh Yunju-ah!”

“Neh omma! Omma, I have something to tell you.” I said, suddenly feeling fatigue creeping into me and I leaned against the wall for support.

“Neh? What’s wrong my dear daughter?”

“Please prepare my favourite dishes tomorrow?”

“Wae? Do you want me to mail you some more food?”

“Ani.” I sighed. “I’m coming home omma, I’ll be back tomorrow.”

 

---

Author's Note:

*cracks knuckles* man this took forever for me to write but i'm glad i finally posted it. thank you so much for waiting my lovely loyal readers!! 

sometimes, i'm stuck writing and sometimes i can write a whole god damn chapter in one sitting. like this one. 

well, i hope you all enjoy reading this chapter and story so far. i think it's going to come to an end soon... unless, you guys want some more drama, which i may already have something in mind. *evil laugh* let me know what you guys think? 

upvotes, comments, and subscribe please :D until next time!