Chapter 3

You Drive Me Crazy

CHAPTER THREE

“What did you say??” I screamed into my phone first thing in the morning as it had just awoken me from my beauty sleep. I mean, who gets a phone call THIS early in the morning anyways? Well unfortunately, it happened to me. Also sadly, I slept late last night as none of the boys were responsible to clean up. In the end Hyejin and I had to do the dishes and tidy up their whole place. When I went to bed it was already 2AM.

“I asked if you can come over and cook us some breakfast now?” Came a voice from the other line.

I squinted my eyes open to get a better look at the clock mounted on the wall : 6:28AM.

Are you serious? I yawned lazily and laid down on my bed again, ignoring the comments made on the other line.

“Noona, are you listening?”

Not wanting to speak and feeling more sleep deprived than ever, I decided to ignore the annoying voice.

“NOONA NOONA NOONA NOONA!!”

Ugh, why can’t he leave me alone?

“We are hungry!” I can almost hear a pout through the phone. Oh, how I wish I didn’t charge my phone overnight so that my phone would have died from no battery and it wouldn’t have rung this morning.

“Noona~ We hungieee! HUNGIEEEE”

I sat up on bed and almost puked out the food from last night when I heard his aegyo voice.

“Can you please stop? And what’s with that voice? It’s sending shivers throughout my body.” I tried to shake the voice out of my head but to no avail.

“Nice. Did that get you out of bed?” This time, that Tae-jerk’s voice is back to normal. Never have I been so glad to hear his usual voice.  I even heard a few laughs from the background on the other line. Even the other boys couldn’t stand that whiny voice of his.

“Why are you up so early?” I sighed and looked at the window to see sun rays peaking in through the curtain. “Why can’t you boys cook yourself?”

“Well, I can think of two scenarios. One, I suppose we can cook if you want us to start a fire in our kitchen and cause the whole building to burn down. Then you will have nowhere to live. Two, we will eat outside but we will bump into fans which will cause a hassle, then we will miss our practice rehearsal at 9AM. This will delay our debut due to the lack of practicing. Then our boss will be so mad at you because you wanted to sleep in instead of cooking for us which could have stopped the disaster from happening-“

“Stop. I get it.” I replied tiredly as I rolled out of bed, managed to draw the curtains, and opened the door to step out onto the balcony.

As the sun rays hit my face, I took in a deep breath, covered the mouth piece of my phone and yelled out to the world to release all the negative energy within me. “AHH!!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH NAM TAEHYUN!” I screamed in frustration and messed up my hair with my hands as a result. There! I feel so much better now! I just really needed to scream on top of my lungs otherwise I think I will grab a kitchen knife and run next door to kill someone. I managed to force a smile on my face, took a big gulp of fresh air, and stretched out my arms to soak in the vitamin D.

“Hey! That’s not very nice!”

Oh no, did I turn it onto speaker phone just now? I lifted my phone up to eye level but the conversation with Taehyun earlier was already cut off. Huh? Am I imagining his voice now too? This is bad news. This guy is haunting me in the day time too!

“Do you feel better? Are you coming over now then?”

I jumped backwards when I turned to my right and saw Taehyun standing on their side of the balcony. Crap, I didn’t realize that our balconies are just right next to each other.

“Uh…” I stared at the floor, unable to meet his gaze, slightly embarrassed at what I have just done. I quickly used my fingers to comb through my disheveled hair. “I’m just getting ready to come over okay! Be there in five!”

I quickly made my way back into my apartment. “Ugh! That was so stupid and embarrassing! What the heck is he doing out there anyways?”  Making my way into the washroom, I stared at my sloppy look through the reflection and groaned. “Whatever… Just make sure you don’t speak of anything idiotic later arraseo Yunju!” I pointed at the mirror and nodded at myself.

Why do I have a feeling today is going to be another long day?

---

“Wah! What smells so good??” Mino said excitedly as he entered the living room area. “Whoa Yunju noona you’re here?”

I cocked up an eyebrow at his statement. Didn’t they want me to cook for them in the first place? I stared at the frying pan with the sizzling pancakes and quickly flipped it before it turned brown.

“Apparently noona volunteered to cook breakfast for us every day! Isn’t she so nice?” Taehyun replied Mino as he stepped next to me in the kitchen.

“Wait what?” I exclaimed, “I never said-“At this point I was unable to defend my position as Taehyun slammed his hand over my mouth, muting all the words I wanted to express.

Seungyoon immediately beamed at what Taehyun just said, “WOW!! Really noona? JJANG!! Noona you’re the best!”

I should have known this was a trap when Taehyun called me this morning! That boy is always just up to no good I swear! But when I saw Seungyoon’s reaction and the rest of WINNER’S smiles, I couldn’t say no and break their hearts that way.

“Uh… Yeah…” I said while glaring at Taehyun stealthily with the corner of my eyes. He, on the other hand, gave me the biggest smirk ever.

“Noona, did you just make us pancakes? That’s not enough! We eat a lot especially in the morning!” Taehyun ordered for more food as he took some eggs and sausages out of the fridge and laid it down on the counter beside me. “Can you cook these too? Thanks noona!”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah whatever.”

Seungyoon stepped into the kitchen too at that moment. “Yah Taehyun stop ordering noona around!” Omo… Thank you Seungyoon!!! A grin naturally appeared on my face.

“Thanks Seungyoon shi but it’s okay. What else do you want to eat?” I politely offered him with a smile. I noticed Taehyun eyeing me suspiciously.

“No this is enough food!” Seungyoon quickly answered. “Do you need some help?” I instantly accepted his offer with a nod. He smiled back and rolled up his sleeves, ready to whisk up the eggs. Awww… Why is Seungyoon so nice?! He’s the complete opposite of Taehyun!  I suddenly feel so blessed to have someone help me while I’m in such a miserable state.

“No it’s okay Seungyoon. I’ll help Yunju- noona. I think Jinwoo hyung is looking for you.” Taehyun said to my dismay and rushed Seungyoon out of the kitchen. WHY? WHY TAEHYUN? I definitely didn’t hear Jinwoo calling for Seungyoon!

“Oh? Okay.” Seungyoon responded to Taehyun’s words and went to find Jinwoo. Taehyun quickly smirked and came up beside me.

“Yah Taehyun, what was that for?” I retorted at his behaviour. “I swear I didn’t hear Jinwoo say anything!”

“Do you have a fever?” Taehyun suddenly place his hands on my cheeks and my forehead. “I just felt the need to protect my hyung. You should have seen your face when Seungyoon was here. You turned so red!” He suddenly leaned in, almost closing the gap between our faces. What does this boy think he’s doing?? The closer he leaned in, the further away I leaned backwards. Due to the proximity of our closeness, my cheeks naturally began to turn into a deeper shade of crimson red. This is probably the first time I see Taehyun’s features so up close. I must admit that he’s quite handsome himself. Taken aback from my thoughts, I quickly hid it away in my mind.  Taehyun spoke again, “Perhaps, do you like Seungyoon?”

My eyes widened at his question and my hands swiftly smacked onto his mouth to stop him from saying anything further. “Yah! Don’t say any nonsense okay!” I quickly looked around to see if any of the members overheard our conversation, good thing all the boys are inside their respective rooms.

“Omo, noona you just turned so red though!” He retorted with a grin on his face.

“Yah, shut up! I don’t like Seungyoon okay! He’s just a nice person, unlike you!” I answered honestly, giving him a disapproving look. He shrugged it off and began whisking the eggs together. Phew, good thing Taehyun didn’t question my reply any further. It would have been embarrassing if he found out I blushed because I thought he’s good looking. He wouldn’t have let me off so easily. I turned my vision back to the frying pan and frowned at the burnt-looking pancakes because I wasn’t paying attention to it.

“Look what you did Taehyun! I wasn’t paying attention and now the pancakes are a little burnt!” I quickly placed the pancakes onto a plate. “This serving is now yours!” I passed the plate to him.

 “But noona!! It wasn’t even my fault! Stop blaming me for everything!!” Taehyun frowned. Well too bad!

---

After breakfast, I followed WINNER to the YG building because Taehyun insisted I need to run errands for them if they get hungry during practice later. Normally, I wouldn’t have agreed. But today, I quickly said yes to his request in case Taehyun makes up some stupid story about how I might have a crush on Seungyoon or something. I guess this way Taehyun couldn’t say anything idiotic in front of me.

When the boys are busy practicing in their studio, I went out to the hallway to grab something to drink from the vending machine. I also bumped into Hyejin there who seemed to look really stressed out.

“What’s wrong babe?” I yawned lazily as I made my way next to her.

Hyejin turned around and seems relieved to see me. “Omo! It’s good to see you Yunju-ah! Whoa, you look so dead and tired, what happened to you?”

I waved my hand to dismiss her thoughts. “Don’t even remind me.” Stupid Taehyun woke me up early to cook them breakfast… I attempted to change the topic. “You look worried Hyejin. What happened?”

“I’m trying to figure out what drinks to get for Big Bang sunbaenim. They asked me to get them something to drink!”

I chuckled at her concerned expression. “That’s it? My god you scared me! You looked so nervous for a sec!” I pointed at the energy drink. “Seunghyun-shi likes that.” I pointed at the apple juice. “Get that for Jiyong-shi and Youngbae-shi.” And lastly I pointed at chocolate milk. “Daesung-shi and Seungri-shi likes that.”

Hyejin beamed at me. “Yunju my life saviour! Thank you!!”

I laughed while getting my own drink. “It’s okay if you mess up their orders. They’re not that picky anyways.” My mind drifted off to the thought of getting Taehyun the wrong drink. He would probably make me go back and get him something else. I shuddered at the thought.

Hyejin noticed my weird expression and asked if I’m alright. “Yunju, you really don’t look so good yourself. Is something wrong?”

“Uh, I’m fine.” I trialed off but decided to speak up again. “Actually, what are your thoughts on working with WINNER? I mean, how can you put up with his behaviour?”

Hyejin questioned. “What do you mean? They’re pretty easy going people! I mean… I pretty much only see them when they’re going to be on television since that’s when they really need me so I actually don’t see them THAT often.”

“Oh…?” I knitted my eyebrows together after hearing her response.

“Are they not treating you well?” Hyejin asked worriedly.

I hesitated. “Well… I agree with you to a certain extent. They’re really nice and friendly.” Hyejin nodded but urged me to continue. “But that Nam Taehyun is driving me nuts! Didn’t he do anything to you?”

“Taehyun-shi?” Hyejin looked surprised, “No actually… To be honest I don’t know him that well. I usually talk to Mino-shi and Seungyoon-shi most of the time.”

“What? No way!” I exclaimed.

Hyejin chuckled. “Well, I guess you just have those thoughts because he ordered you around at the supermarket when we were setting up your surprise party? Don’t worry, it was just a set up!”

“Not just that…” I gathered my thoughts about Nam Taehyun and slowly explained to Hyejin. “Wait, didn’t he give you that list of stupid rules he made?”

“What rules?”

“Uh, like when he said not to call him unless it’s important, do whatever he wants, never question him and never touch his belongings?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Hyejin looked confused at my confession.

My jaw dropped at her answer but I continued. “Does he call you super early in the morning and make you cook breakfast for them?”

Hyejin gasped. “Did he do that to you?” I nodded and sighed. “Omo, I can’t believe he did that! Sleep is so important to you!”

“I know right!! That’s why I’m saying I have such a hard time doing all these stuff for him!” Hyejin stayed silent for a while but started to giggle like a little girl. “Yah, what’s wrong with you! Don’t laugh at me! I’m actually having a very hard time here okay!”

“So you’re saying this is just Taehyun’s behaviour towards you right? All the other members are I guess in comparison, more normal?” Hyejin asked.

“Hmm… Yes you can say that. I mean, I get along quite well with the rest of them. But it’s just that Nam Taehyun who always bugs me.”

Hyejin giggled even louder this time, she had to cover to suppress her laughs.

“YAH!! Stop doing this to me!” I frowned.

“Omo, this is hilarious!” Hyejin giggled. She finally managed to stop and glanced around the hallway. Since no one was there, she finally said. “I think I know what’s up!”

“Omo! What? Tell me!!”

She signaled for me to huddle in closer to her to which I obeyed right away. She whispered in my ear. “I think he likes you!”

I quickly retrieved my whole body away in shock. Staring at Hyejin, I waved my hand around, indicating that it’s impossible. “That’s never going to happen! I honestly think we just hate each other! At least that’s what I’m sensing and I’m usually quite accurate.”

Hyejin stuck out her index finger at me and moved it sideways, making a ‘no’ sign. “Nono, listen to me Yunju. Some guys are just stupid and clueless that way. They don’t want people to find out about their feelings and they try to hide it that way.”

“By teasing someone they like? That’s nonsense Hyejin.”

“Well, I don’t know what can explain his behaviour then.”

“He was just teasing me about whether or not I like Seungyoon this morning!” I defended myself, trying to prove to Hyejin that she’s wrong.

“Hmm… Well did he try to make you stay away from Seungyoon-shi?”

“Well…” My thoughts floated back to what happened earlier that day. “Seungyoon offered to help me make breakfast but Taehyun randomly said that Jinwoo is looking for him.” I stared at Hyejin’s expression that suddenly turned into a smirk. I knew what she’s up to and quickly said, “But then, he told me right after that he thought I liked Seungyoon and he’s trying to protect his hyung… or something. He just didn’t want anyone help me make breakfast because he’s a jerk!”

“I think he’s just jealous.” Hyejin said bluntly.

“No way!” I disagreed immediately. “I mean, think about it! Why would a guy treat a girl he likes so badly?”

“I just explained that to you Yunju!” Hyejin face palmed herself. I cleared my throat, trying to clear my mind at the same time. “What’s wrong with Taehyun anyways? I actually think he’s quite good looking!”

“Hmm… Yeah I agree with you.” I gulped, my eyes widened in shock at my own words. This is definitely not true. “Whatever. I still believe he just hates me because of those paparazzi photos!”

“Are you sure you don’t like him?” Hyejin teased me with a smirk.

“Of course not!! He’s so annoying!” I fumed at the thought of him making me do a bunch of nonsense for him. Of course I don’t like him…

Hyejin shrugged. “Think whatever you like. I’m just telling you my thoughts.” She glanced at her watch and stood up. “I got to go back to Big Bang’s studio room now!” She patted my shoulder. “Don’t think too much about it, arrasseo?”

I meekly nodded at her words. She beamed at me with two thumbs up. “Please update me if anything else happens okay? I wonder when he’ll confess to you!” I quickly felt nauseous at that thought.

“Ew, no. Don’t even get that started Hyejin-ah.” I covered my ears with both of my palms.

She chuckled and looked to her right. “Hmm Yunju-ah, looks like someone is looking for you. “ She turned to me and gave me a wink.

I looked past her shoulders and saw Taehyun looking at us while his back is leaning against the wall. Holy crap, how long has he been there? Did he hear anything that we said earlier? PLEASE TELL ME HE DIDN’T!

“What are you guys talking about?” He walked up to us casually with his hands in his pockets.

Hyejin smiled. “Oh nothing, just the usual random stuff.” Taehyun noticed her unusual giddy behaviour and stared at us weirdly. “Well, I’ll be leaving now. I still need to deliver these drinks!” And with that she left Taehyun and I alone in the hallway.

I stared at Taehyun , whose got an expression I couldn’t make out right now. Did he actually eavesdrop on our conversation just now but pretended he didn’t? Omo that will be so embarrassing for me!!

I cleared my throat and asked him. “Aren’t you supposed to be practicing?”

“I was. But I have something to talk to you about.” He walked closer to me until we are probably a foot apart.

I stared into his orbs as his looked back into mine. I became speechless. What does he want to tell me?

 

 

---

Author's Note:

Omo! Sorry readers! I didn't mean to leave you guys with a cliff hanger but the chapter was getting too long and I thought it's best to cut it off at this point haha XD 

So what does Taehyun want to tell Yunju? And what do you think of Hyejin's predictions? Hehe! Tell me what you think down at the comment section below! It will be much appreciated ^^

Has anyone heard 2ne1's new album yet? I'm really loving it! :D I can't wait for WINNER'S debut!! We have been waiting for so long :( 

Thank you for reading, and until next time! ;)