Chapter 1

You Drive Me Crazy

CHAPTER ONE

I breathed in a gust of fresh air as I stepped out of my car once I arrived at work the next morning. A new day, a new start- today will sure be better than yesterday! I grinned to myself as I casually walked into the building. As I made a turn around the hallway, I saw my coworker Hyejin running up to me and quickly pulling me aside to a corner. “Yo chill out! What is it?” I questioned at her unusual behaviour.

“Yunju. What did YOU do?” Hyejin placed her hands on my shoulders, shaking me back and forth as if an answer will spill out of me that way.

I gripped onto her hands to stop rocking me any further. “Wait what? Stop stop stop. What are you talking about? I didn’t do anything, heck I even just arrived! Big Bang has an event to head to later this afternoon.”

“Omo!” She covered . “So you haven’t read the articles yet?”

“Articles?”

She literally face palmed herself with a worried expression spreading onto her face. She looked left and right to see if anyone else is in the hallway at the moment. Luckily there was none other than us two so she continued. “Yunju-ah, starting this morning, there’s been a load of articles popping up online about a girl that works for YG and two members of the new boy group here. Somehow that girl happens to be you… What did you do? Apparently a bunch of fan girls are writing hate messages towards you!”

Crap! WHAT? Did I hear her correctly? Aish… Those fans yesterday were really up to no good… “Uh…” I looked at her sheepishly as if admitting that I did something wrong. “Crap. What should I do? Is boss pissed or mad at me…? I swear I didn’t do anything wrong! Those two members and I just happened to have a little… situation outside the building yesterday.”

Hyejin took her phone out and started scrolling through some pages. She shoved the screen in front of my face. “Look!”

How bad can it be? I quickly grabbed her phone and started to scroll down the pages as well. Numerous negative articles popped up so I scanned through the headlines.  ‘Girl claims to work for YG company in order to gain attention of new boy group members’, ‘Boy group WINNER still hasn’t debuted yet but is already involved in a love triangle!’, ‘Kang Seungyoon and Nam Taehyun- will they choose friendship or will they go against each other to fight for a girl’s heart?’ I gasped at all the headlines. “How can this happen?? It’s not even true! I need to tell everyone these are rumours! They’re fake!”

I sighed, feeling defeated. Just why did I decide to go get a coffee at that time yesterday? Why did I drop my phone in the hallway and why did those two boys just happen to be there at the same time as me?? “I need to go find those two guys. They know it’s not true! They can verify everything!”

Hyejin sighed. “Well, seems like you will see sajangnim soon.”

With that said, I see Mrs. Park (head of our makeup department) coming up to us with an unreadable expression on her face. “Yunju-shi, will you please follow me? Our sajangnim would like to have a word with you…”

I gulped at her words. Oh no! Am I going to get fired just because of what happened yesterday? Why must those fans be so annoying! They should stop making up all this nonsense! It wasn’t even a big deal. And shouldn’t I be the victim? I just spent $100 fixing my phone’s screen! I nodded at Mrs. Park with my lips pursed and obeyed her words, following behind her footsteps as we got further and further away from Hyejin. I turned back and gave her a ‘help me’ face but she just gave me a pout and attempted to make a ‘hwaiting’ fist for me.

When we got to YG’s office on the top floor, I already see the heads of two familiar males on the sofa with their back facing me. They sat with a tensed posture, their back as straight as a stick and are looking at our boss, who sat on another sofa just opposite of the two. “Good morning sajangnim!” I immediately greeted while bowing down. He signaled me over to take a seat with the two and shooed Mrs. Park away. Before exiting the door, she held onto my arm tightly and gave me a reassuring nod.

I gulped as I took a seat on the sofa next to the mid split guy- who I assume is called Nam Taehyun by now. Why the heck do I have to see him again? Bloody hell. He grunted as I sat down and I rolled my eyes. Seungyoon on the other hand waved his arm up and greeted me with a charming smile. “Hi Yunju-shi!”

Wow… How can he look so relaxed now?  In order to ease off the tension, I returned the same smile. “Good morning Seungyoon-shi!”

By then, our boss faked a cough and looked at us. “So… I guess you three do know each other?”

“No!” I exclaimed, making an X mark with my arms to emphasize my point.

He cocked up an eyebrow in confusion and looked at the two male. They also shook their head in agreement with me. “Well, I assume you all know what happened this morning? Have you all seen the articles yet?”

The three of us nodded in unison. Oh no… What is he going to do now? Is my career going to be over? I bit my lips and played with my fingers in a nervous manner.

“Do you three have any explaining to do?” Sajangnim threw a newspaper onto the table in front of us, revealing some fan taken pictures of us three outside the YG building yesterday. Oh my god… Pictures too? This is getting serious…

Seungyoon briefly informed our boss about what happened yesterday. How I coincidentally dropped my phone, how there was a bunch of fans outside the back entrance, and how those two just happened to be there that moment.

“To be honest sajangnim, there’s not much to explain because nothing is going on between us.” Taehyun said. “We don’t even know each other.”

“That’s right.” Seungyoon said, backing up his group mate. “We actually don’t even know who Yunju-shi is.”

I was about to answer the boys’ question but sajangnim beat me to it. “Yunju is actually your Big Bang’s sunbaes’ makeup artist. You two should also be calling her noona.”

“And Yunju,” He turn towards me. “These two are Taehyun and Seungyoon, which I think you could have guessed their names by now.” I nodded and he continued. “As you probably know, I’m going to debut a boy group very soon. They are two members of WINNER.”

“I see…” I said, unsure of what to say.

Our boss sighed as he sat back on his sofa and massaged his temples. “This is a really bad situation that you three got yourself into. What do you suppose I should do?”

Taehyun’s eyes widened in horror and asked, “Will you postpone our debut, sajangnim?

I gulped. For a moment I actually felt bad for Taehyun. He and Seungyoon probably waited for this moment for so long and it got ruined by me. “Oh no sajangnim!! You can’t postpone their debut! I know their fans have waited a long time for it!” I sighed and finally said, “If anything, I’ll quit my job here if it makes everything easier.” There, I said it and I actually felt a little proud of myself for being brave enough to say such a thing during this financial crisis period. But I guess I’ll worry about that later. I honestly don’t want WINNER to delay their debut. Heck, I might even get death threats from their fans.

“No… Sajangnim, please don’t fire Yunju noona. She really didn’t do anything wrong…” Seungyoon spoke up and pleaded for me. Aw... He’s such a sweet heart!

Nam Taehyun remained silent, lost in words. Then he finally started to talk again. “No… It won’t be right to fire Yunju noona like that. Please reconsider that sajangnim.” Dang, I’m pleasantly surprised that he’s siding with me too.

“Stop you three!” Our boss brought his hand up to shush us talking. “When have I said I would fire anyone?” He then looked at Taehyun and Seungyoon, “And I’ve never said I will postpone your debut.”

The three of us sighed in relief. I guess our boss is actually nice and compassionate. “In fact, I think the only way to cover up this news is to debut WINNER earlier than planned.” The two male beamed immediately at his words and I couldn’t help to smile along with them. “As well, I think Yunju should switch over to be WINNER’s makeup artist now.”

“WHAT?” I exclaimed. “But I’ve worked with Big Bang sunbaenim for so long now…” Oh no, this is not happening! I like working with all five members of Big Bang and they’re so nice to me too! I’m not sure how well I’m going to get along with these WINNER members… Especially that Nam Taehyun. I turned around and gave him a mini glare to which he returned with an annoyed face and knitted eyebrows.

Taehyun instantly disagreed as well, “Mhmm I disagree! I mean… We have been working with our makeup artist Hyejin noonai for a while now too.”

Sajangnim seems frustrated at our sudden outburst. “Well, Yunju, you don’t really have a choice right now. And Taehyun, you have to understand in order to cover up this news I must tell everyone that Yunju is actually WINNER’s makeup artist, otherwise they will think something is really going on with the three of you if she’s supposed to be helping another group.”

The three of us sat in silence, trying to absorb what our boss just told us. He had a point. But still… I don’t want to leave Big Bang. It’s sad to leave them so suddenly!

“I’m okay with it!” Seungyoon smiled at the suggestion. “I think it’ll be nice to work with Yunju noona! We’ll make a great team right?” He turned towards me for an answer. I smiled at him weakly.

“Well then that’s final.” Our boss said as he sat back to relax on the sofa. “Now go back to work. I have several phone calls that have been put on hold to answer.”

On cue at his words, we got up, bowed to him before we exited his room.

Seungyoon slung his arm around my shoulder as we walked down the hall with Taehyun walking way ahead of us. What’s he in a hurry for? Psycho…

“It’s going to be so fun working with you noona!” Seungyoon grinned at me. “I think we will get along really well! The rest of our members are really nice and chill too so I’m sure you will like them!” Uh oh, if he means nice in comparison to Taehyun then I’m pretty sure I’ll be working in hell.

The three of us ended up in WINNER’s studio room because Seungyoon insisted that he has to introduce me to the rest of the members right away. Hyejin was actually in the room too. Along with the other three members, she rushed up to me when she saw me coming in with the other two members.

“Yah hyung! Everything is taken care of and sajangnim even said we will debut earlier than planned!” Seungyoon laughed and jumped up and down excitedly. “Oh and we also have a new makeup artist! Here is Yunju noona!” He pointed me out to the three boys.

“Ohhhh! Is she the one in the rumour with you guys??” A guy who really resembled Youngbae-shi and Jiyong-shi said as he walked up to me. “Yah, you guys are in luck she’s a cutey! She’s too good for you guys!” I blushed slightly at his words as we shook hands. “Hi noona! My name is Mino and I’m one of the rappers of WINNER.”

He introduced me to the other two. One of them had Bambi- like eyes and is the oldest of the group whose name is Jinwoo. The last member was the tallest and his name is Seunghoon. They told me he was also the one who always choreographs their dances. They actually seem very friendly and nice! Unlike someone… I glanced over at Taehyun who was sitting in front of a computer at the corner.

Hyejin gasped at everything that she just heard. “Wait… So… You’re not fired?? THAT’S GREAT!” She gave me a tight hug that almost left me out of breath.

“Y-YAH! Stop choking me you dumbo!” I managed to say with my last breath before she released me.

“Sorry Yunju-ah! I’m just so happy for you! I thought something bad was going to happen!” Hyejin grinned at me but a serious look soon took over. “Wait… What did Seungyoon mean when he said you’ll be their makeup artist?”

I sighed. “Sajangnim said in order to not make anything suspicious, he’s going to tell the media that I’m WINNER’s makeup artist so no one will suspect a thing since I work with them.”

Jinwoo nodded understandingly. “That makes sense. Then what about Hyejin noona?”

“Omo…” Hyejin clasped her hand onto . “Am I getting fired then?”

“No fret my dear. I think we will be switching places.” I smiled at her.

“Really? You mean I get to work with Big Bang??”

I nodded and she screamed into my ears in happiness. I had to cover my ears to not go deaf. “And you should better hurry to their studio upstairs now. They have an event later this afternoon at 3pm!” I looked at my watch which says 11am. “You have approximately four-“ I was cut off when I saw her rushing out of WINNER’s studio. Aish… that girl!

“Wah… I’m sad now! I didn’t know Hyejin noona liked Big Bang sunbaenim so much that she just left us without saying bye!” Seunghoon responded at her action.

Mino frowned. “No one likes us noobs.”

“That’s not true!” I smiled at him. “I’m sure we can get along well. It’s nice meeting you all!”

The four boys bowed at me and gave me a heartwarming welcome to their studio. Where’s the fifth annoying dude? I looked past my shoulder and there he was, still sitting in front of the computer. The boys noticed that I am looking at Taehyun. “Noona, don’t mind Taehyun. He’s always like that! But he’s actually very nice and he’s a warm hearted person. He will open up to you soon!” Mino whispered to me and patted my back.

The boys got up and looked like they’re about to leave the room. “We’re going down to the cafeteria. Do you want to come too noona?” Jinwoo asked cheerfully. Wow… This boy looks way too happy in the morning.  

I shook my head. “I’m good. You guys go ahead.” And with that, the boys exited the room, leaving me and Taehyun behind.

Well… It looks like if I need to get along with them then I need to make amends with that Tae-jerk. I casually walked to him and sat down on a chair next to his seat. I placed my elbow on the table to support my head on my hand and stared at him. Seconds past but he still hasn’t looked at me yet. Gosh this boy is harder to approach than I thought. I faked a cough and waited for a response. How rude of him! I’m his noona after all!

“What do you want?” He said coldly, his eyes never leaving the computer screen as he continued to type furiously.

“Nothing. Just want to get to know you more.” He gave me a disgusted look. I smirked to myself secretly. Aish it’s so fun to annoy this kid! His expression is priceless!

“You’re weird noona.”

“You’re weird too Taehyun.” He rolled his eyes.

We remained silent as he scrolled down a few pages on the computer and continued typing. He then finally looked at me to say something. “Look. I know we will be working together a lot in the future so I’m going to set a few rules.” He clicked the print button on the computer screen and a piece of paper popped out of the printer. He handed the paper to me. “Read it.”

Are you serious? My mouth gaped open at the sheet of paper he just handed me. I stared at him and he smirked at me. You got to be kidding me! Did Hyejin have to go through this nonsense too? I started to read the sheet:

DO NOT BREAK THESE RULES WHEN YOU’RE WORKING FOR NAM TAEHYUN

  1. Do not call or text me unless it is important, actually just don’t talk to me if it’s unnecessary. What the heck? As if I want to talk to you!
  2. Never be late otherwise you will suffer a painful death (just so you know I took taekwondo lesson before D:<) Aish… This boy. I know kickboxing okay!!
  3. Do not ever, I mean EVER, be caught in another photo with me. My reputation is important! Whoa… Narcissistic much?
  4. You must do and obey whatever I say, and I mean WHATEVER I say- YAH get your mind out of the gutter! Say what? My mind was totally not in the gutter!

“Please take care of me noona!” I gaped at him and he gave me a wink in return. I cringed at his behaviour.

“YAH! This is nonsense and stupid!” But by the time I finished my sentence he has already left the studio to join his hyungs downstairs.

Standing up in frustration, I crinkled up the paper and threw it in the nearest trash bin. This boy… I’ll show you who you’re trying to mess with!

 

---

Author's note: Hey readers! So Yunju and the WINNER boys have finally met but things aren't looking so well for her and Taehyun! I just love this quarrelling pair! haha

I also want to thank you all so much for reading my story! Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think! I will be very happy :D 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Heehee!