Eight

Heart Keeper

Chapter 8

Romeo and Juliet part 2 (KeyBer vers.)

 

“Oppa, can you help me with my assignment? Sulli and I don’t know what to do,”

“Sure, let me see~”

 

Minhoand Krystal passed in front of Key and Amber.

 

“It’s weird how those two turned out,” Amber kept her eyes on Minho and Krystal.

“What’s so weird about them?” Key glanced at Amber.

“Well, they never did like each other then now, they’re really inseparable~” Amber glanced back to Key.

“That’s called destiny, dude. You’ll never know, maybe it’ll be you and I someday.” Key put his arms on Amber’s shoulders.

“Don’t call me dude, dude!” Amber pushed Key.

“You… and I?! You kidding?” Amber raised her left eyebrow.

 

“You’re such a party pooper. Oh… do you remember when it all started? Do you remember the play? Do you remember the disaster that happened? Do you remember our own secret incident?” Key was whispering it all to Amber’s ears.

“Keuman! I don’t want to hear it!” Amber covered her ears.

“Do you remember the…”

“Don’t even say it!”

“The…”

“I said don’t!” Amber shouted that made everyone look at her.

“Okay, I won’t,” Key surrendered.

 

“KISS~” he whispered.

“*scream*” Amber run away. She doesn’t want to blush in front of Key. That feels more embarrassing for her.

 

“That kiss. Why did that have to happen?” Amber was so irate.

“Though… that was kinda sweet,” Amber thought.

 

 

*flashback*

 

“Amber! Amber! Amber!” Key run as fast as he can as he tried to find Amber.

 

“Did you see Amber?” he asked one of their classmates.

“Key oppa, wae?” Amber tapped Key’s shoulder.

 

“There you are! Let’s go watch Minho and Krystal. I heard it’s their last practice.” Key was still gasping.

“Really? Krystal didn’t tell me anything.”

“Come one. Let’s hurry up. The others are watching, too.” Key pulled Amber without her authorization.

 

“Are we late?” Key patted Jonghyun.

“No, you’re just in time.” The two sat down next to Jonghyun.

 

All of them were amazed how the two had this odd but pretty good chemistry on stage. It was never like this for them. Maybe because it was the first time they saw them “really” communicate.

 

“Hey, you two should help on sticking these things on the wall.” Jonghyun threw a crumpled paper at Key.

“Too lazy. Amber, let’s imitate Krystal and Minho,” Key pulled Amber again. He likes doing that.

 

“Say Juliet’s famous line!” Key was like the authority.

“Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a Capulet.” And Amber as foolish as she is, she said the line.

 

“Yah Juliet, you looking for me? I’m right here!” Key shouted that echoed in the whole auditorium.

“Funny~”

 

“O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die." Key tried to say it with feelings.

“That was good,” Amber laughed.

 

“AMBER!” Key screamed and pulled Amber close to him. But before they can even move from where they were standing, the background fell on them.

 

Amber opened her eyes and found Key over her with few parts of the now broken background.

 

“Oppa, I think we should stand up. You’re a little heavy,” Amber said with an awkward tone.

“Right~” Key was about to get up but since the things that fell on them are a little heavy, he’s body dropped again and the occurrence happened. His lips touched Amber’s. Both of them were shock that made their mind and body freeze for few seconds. When they both realized what happened, they quickly stood up.

 

“We’re alright!” their voices were little shaky but it relieved the others. Amber slowly gazed at Key while Key kept his eyes in front.

 

“Oppa, you’re bleeding!” Amber spotted Key’s elbow bleeding.

“That’s nothing. It’s just a little scratch.” Key tried to ignore it.

“No, it’s not. Come with me. I’ll bring you to the clinic,” Amber held Key’s arms with care.

 

==

 

“I’ll leave you two alone,” the nurse said before closing the door.

 

“Amber, I said I’m alri—a…ah…ahh~”

“Yeah, you sound fine…NOT.” Amber was putting some ointment on Key’s elbow.

 

“Hey… oppa… about the thing that happened earlier…”

“What about that?”

“Can we keep it a secret just for ourselves?” Amber asked oddly.

“Why?”

“It’s not like… everyone should know right?”

“Okay,” Key didn’t actually care coz he feels embarrassed already just being with Amber after the kiss.

 

“I’m sorry~” Key apologized.

“You don’t have to say sorry. It was an accident so it’s not your fault neither mine.” Amber grinned.

 

“Let me see,”

“Don’t move!” Amber yelled.

“I’m okay now, Amber. Stop putting that yucky thing on my elbow.” Key was pulling his elbow away from Amber but Amber pulled it back and pressed her hands really tough on it.

“Ouch!”

“You say you okay but you keep ‘ouch-ing’.” Amber sulked.

 

“You’re funny,”

“I know,”

 

They were having fun in the clinic by themselves and didn’t know that someone was watching them.

 

“I can only see Amber smile and laugh like that when she’s with Key. She doesn’t even do that kind of smile when she’s with me.” Jonghyun sighed.

“Why am I feeling jealous?”

“Wait, I’m jealous?” Jonghyun felt weird inside. He felt a new and bright feeling again.

 

“I can’t believe I’m saying this to myself… but I think I like Amber,” he admitted it.

 

“Amber, kiss it. It’s hurting really bad,” Key frowned while pointing on his elbow.

“Are you mocking me?”

“Maybe~”

“You!” Amber twirled Key’s arms.

“Ah! I’m just kidding,” Key who was completely in pain still managed to laugh.

“I’m sorry,” Amber patted Key’s arms.

“You should be.”

 

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥

 

This was the chapter written on Valentine's Day

Hope you liked it :)