Chapter 19

Heart Keeper

Next morning, Amber remembered that she left her cap next door. She was hoping everyone would still be there but when she got out of her place Jonghyun was already closing the door.

“Oppa, wait!” Amber stopped him.
“I left my cap there last night. Do you know where it is?”
“I saw it in our room earlier. Key said he’ll give it back to you but I think he left it there. You can go in if you want. I’ll wait for you.” Jonghyun stated.
“Okay, wait there for a minute!” Amber rushed in straight to the boys’ room.

“Where is it?” Amber looked around and found it at the bookshelf.
“Oh, what’s this?” Amber didn’t only found her cap but she also found a little box beside it.
“I wonder what this thing is…” Amber opened the box and discovered a very familiar thing.
“Isn’t this…” it was Amber’s lost heart keychain.

*flashback*

“Oppa, have you seen that cute little red heart keychain for my phone… I’m supposed to get it fixed but it’s gone.” Amber frowned still looking for the keychain.
“Nope, I haven’t seen it,” Key responded. It was obviously a lie but Amber didn’t notice since she was busy looking for her lost thing.

“I have an idea, Amber. I’ll just buy you a new one!” Key wasn’t helping at all.
“But that was the first ever thing I bought when I first stepped in Korea,” another frown was formed on Amber’s face.
“I’m sorry you lost it. Hmm… just think of this. If a buy you a new one, think of it as the first ever gift you received when you first stepped here in Korea? How’s that?” Amber raised her head and smile.
“That’s a very great idea. Okay, let’s go!” Amber pulled Key.

*end of flashback*

“He had this all along?!” Amber saw a piece of paper inside the box.

“Amber naekkeoya. Danji nae. Keunyeoneun yeongwohi naekkeoya(Amber is mine. Only mine. She’s forever mine)”

“What does this mean? Does Key like me?” Amber hit her own head for few times.

“Stupid Amber! Of course he likes you! Why do you think he’s always being possessive? Why do you think he started to get mad at Jonghyun when he confessed to you? Why do you think he only cares for you and no one else? Why do you think you always feel special to him? It’s because he likes you!” Amber hit her head again.

“You’re one stupid girl Amber. I should tell him how I feel. If he can’t then I will,” Amber was so positive.

“Need any help?” Jonghyun shouted.
“I just found it, oppa!” Amber put her cap on and stuck the keychain in her pocket.

They walked together on the way to school.

“Oppa, I have something to ask you…”
“What?”

“Ugh… do you think… Key… you know… ugh…”

“You’re asking me if Key likes you? YES, BIG TIME.” Jonghyun said straightly.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Amber pouted.
“You never did ask me.”
“You knew we like each othe, why did you confess to me?”
“Because Key won’t make a move, I wasn’t planning to but he made me do it. And I think he wanted a competition anyways.” Jonghyun answered frankly.

“Amber, whatever you’re planning, I think you should really do it. I have a feeling that it’ll be good.” Jonghyun even pushed her to do it.

==

‘You can do it, Amber.’

“Key oppa~” Amber called for Key.
“Why, baby?” Key turned his head.
“Ugh…”

“Wait, Amber, I’m just gonna ask these girls something… so is there an eyeliner perfect for my eyes?” and so he continued his conversation with his girl classmates.
“Oppa, this is important,”
“Amber, this is more important. You can tell me later at lunch… how about lip balm? My lips are getting dry.”

“That was rude,” Amber just up straight and didn’t bother Key.

Finally, lunch time, what everyone else is waiting for.

“Amber, aren’t you eating?” Key was all ready to go out.
“I’m not hungry,” Amber wasn’t moving.
“Well, I wish I could stay here, but I didn’t eat breakfast so I’ll go eat some now. If you get bored here, you know where to find me and the rest of the gang.” Key patted Amber’s head before leaving.

“Forget it, Amber. He’s a super dummy.” Amber wanted to give up but then, if she did, she will never have the chance to know how Key really feels. She knows that they’re both scared to ask but someone has to make a fast move. And since Key didn’t have the guts, Amber decided she has to do it.

“Do I have to do it?” Amber went out and find her friends. She saw them sitting comfortably at the field, Key was there enjoying all the food he was holding.

“Kim KeyBum!” Amber called him.
“Baby, you finally came out,” Key let go all his food and run towards Amber.

“Remember this?” Amber showed the keychain.
“Where did you get that?” Key was about to get it when Amber hid it at her back.
“Where else?”
“Why did you touch my things without my permission?”
“That’s not important right now. What’s important is… do you like me?” Amber didn’t want to waste any more time.

“Well… I think it’s already obvious since I’m sure you also read the paper inside the box and I’m not going to deny it… Are you mad?” Key had this worried look in his eyes. Amber smiled that surprised Key.
What’s up with your smile… Wait, does that mean… you like me, too?” Key tilted his head.

“Anyo… you’re so slow. I love you, silly.” Amber pulled Key’s collar and kissed him.

“I’m feeling a little awkward here…” Amber looked down. She can feel that everyone around them was looking at her.
“We should run!” Key pulled her away from all those students.

“So SunYoung, wanna go out sometimes?”Jonghyun glanced at Luna.
“Funny, oppa~”
“I’m serious.”
“If you’re just doing this ‘cause there’s no chance for JongBer… then, no.” Luna walked out.

“Did Key teach her to be a drama queen?” Jonghyun asked his friends that were already laughing at their situation.

==

“Wow, baby, I didn’t know you were that aggressive,” Key and Amber hid behind one of the school buildings.
“I wasn’t. I don’t know why I did that. I’m so embarrassed~” Amber covered her face. She doesn’t know how she can even look at Key.
“That was cute. I’ll do it, too if it’s for you.”
“Yeah, right. You didn’t have the courage to tell me how you feel and now you’re making up things.” Amber was mad since she had to embarrass herself.

“I don’t know how to face our classmates. I’m sure Minho’s already telling IT to them,”
“I sure can face them… the girl of my dreams is finally mine… for real. I’m proud of it.” Key grabbed both of her hands.

“You’re creeping me out. I didn’t know Kim KeyBum would say such words.” Amber shook her shoulders.
“Shut up, Amber Liu.” Key didn’t let go of Amber’s hand. They walked back to their room with Key still pulling Amber.

“She’s my girlfriend,” yes, Key was really proud that mortified Amber even more.

“I’m gonna tell this to Krystal. I’m sure she’ll be happy. And maybe, she’ll laugh it all off, too.” Minho grabbed his phone.

“Hey, baby, how about shopping with me after school? I’mma buy you those make-up I was talking about earlier.” Key was getting a little annoying.
“I don’t wear make- up.”
“Well, you should. My girlfriend has to look prettier than me,”
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
“You know what that means,” Key grinned.

“Still, I ain’t buying make-up.”

“How about having a date with me?”
“You mean do the usual like eating ice cream with you? Then… sure, why not?” Amber liked to think it that way.

“Do you feel less awkward?” Key checked how Amber was feeling after all the noise he made.
“I feel less pressured,”
“Good, because you’ll be more pressured later.” Key had this evil-laughed that freaked Amber out.
“You better not do whatever you have in your mind!”
“Sirheunde~” Key stuck his tongue out(like how he did when they were doing this children’s play in Hello Baby and Key gets to be the lady).

==

“She’s my girlfriend!” and so Key strikes again. Key kept pointing on Amber while they walk towards the ice cream parlor. Everyone seems to be familiar of them but not the way Key is showing it.

“Miss, she’s now my girlfriend!” Key stated that made the cashier giggle.
“Yah, stop that!” Amber hit Key’s shoulder.

Amber and Key sat at an empty table and started talking.

“Will you please stop telling everyone that I’m your girlfriend?”
“I told you, I’m proud of you being my girlfriend.”
“It’s getting pretty annoying,” Amber sighed.
“Wait until I get over the fact that you’re totally mine and not Jonghyun’s nor your girly friends.” Key still thinks he’s dreaming.

“Can I have that heart keychain back? Maybe, the paper with it, too.” Key 
“Ugh, no way.”
“I found it so it’s mine! And I already gave you half of my heart,” Key was making a commotion with all the shouting.
“Only half? Give me the other half then I’ll give you mine,” Amber and Key were referring to that half-heart keychain that Key gave Amber replacement for the not really missing red heart keychain.

“Okay, here.” Key removed it from his phone. Amber gave Key back what he wanted.

“Thanks, baby!” Key gave her a peck on the cheek.
“No PDA!” Amber warned.
“No PDA like what you did earlier in school?” Key raised his eyebrows.
“Stop embarrassing me,”
“You look so cute,” Key touched Amber’s already red cheeks.

==

“They didn’t actually change…” Taemin stared at Key and Amber as they entered the apartment.
“Yeah, but there’s more skin ship happening now,” Sulli stated while looking at the inseparable hands of Key and Amber.

“Hey, I’m the master of skin ship, what the heck is happening?” you know who the master of skin ship is.

“Jonghyun oppa, you surpised me!”

“We beat you on skin ship!” Key shouted and gave Amber another peck.

“That’s skin ship alright,”