Four

Heart Keeper

Chapter 4

 

“Hyung, hyung… Key’s hyung is dreaming again,” Taemin whispered to Onew as he stared at Key.

“AGAIN?!” Onew just finished organizing his bed.

“Should I wake him up?”

“No, don’t, he’s not having a nightmare,” Onew stopped Taemin.

“It looks like he’s having a beautiful nightmare~” Taemin moped. Onew then grabbed his pillow.

“What are you planning to do, hyung?” Taemin asked curiously.

“Just wait until he says ‘Amber’ again. Then I’ll hit him with a pillow,” Onew thought that was a good idea.

 

Key started to mumble but Onew and Taemin hardly understand it. They waited for few seconds before Key finally said the cue word.

“Amber~” right after hearing that name, Onew hit Key on the face. Onew wanted to do that for a really long time.

 

“Ah, WEH?!” Key shouted with his eyes still close.

“You’ve been dreaming about Amber for the tenth time. Aren’t you tired?” Onew joked. Taemin left the two coz he doesn’t want to hear their conversation. He’s really not that interested.

 

“Aren’t you tired of mocking me? Because me, I really find it tiring,” Key got off from his bed.

“Clear your bed and let’s have breakfast,” Onew hit him again with the pillow.

“Stop that!” Onew run outside. Key followed him with a frown on his face.

 

“Oh, milk,” Key spotted Taemin’s milk.

“Eh, hyung, that’s mine. Make your own,” Taemin took it away.

“You didn’t even make that.” Key pouted.

“Stop bickering, here is yours.” Onew made one for Key, too.

“Thanks, hyung~” Key simply drink the milk.

 

“Hey Key, tell me, do you like Amber?” they all looked at Key who was choking already.

“Huh?” he gulped. Jonghyun pretended not to care but he was actually listening.

“What made you think that?” Key acted natural.

 

“Wait, let me see. You dream of her almost everyday…” Onew paused.

“You only think of her…” Minho stated.

“And you only care about her and not us anymore…” Taemin added. Jonghyun didn’t say anything.

 

“Eh, I told you not to put your plate on the edge of the table. It might fall. And I’m sure you already forgot about the dirty laundry in the room. Minho, it’s your turn to wash the clothes. Taemin, didn’t I tell you wash your own dishes if you’re eating alone? You didn’t clean your own dishes last night. I had to get my hands wet because of you!” Key made a great excuse to change the topic. He started scolding everyone again.

 

“Oh no, he’s nagging again. Hyung, I’m going to take a bath,” Taemin put down his cup and went to the bathroom.

“I’ll prepare my uniform,” Minho didn’t want to be scolded.

“Yah, Kim Kibum, I’m sure you haven’t clean our room yet. You’re the last one to wake up so clean it.” Jonghyun said bossily.

 

“You two should just help each other on cleaning our room. I’ll do the kitchen work.” Onew pulled Jonghyun up from his seat.

“I’m not finish yet,”

“Yes, you are.” Key was trying to annoy Jonghyun.

“Yah, can you just shut up for awhile?” Jonghyun easily got irritated.

“Nope,”

 

“I’ll kill both of you if you don’t stop fighting!” Onew was getting annoyed himself.

 

“You can’t do that, you’re too nice,” Jonghyun teased.

“Right! You can’t even punish us.” Key agreed with Jonghyun.

“You want punishment? How about cleaning the house for a whole week together?”

“That’s not even a punishment. That’s just house chores, hyung.” Jonghyun and Key laughed.

 

“You don’t even know how to hurt us” Jonghyun gave Key a high five.

 

“Ouch!” they both said after Onew pinched their arms.

 

Jonghyun and Key had to clean the room. It was their hyung’s order. Even though they fight a lot these past few days, they were still able to be friends like the old times. They still joke around together and they still make fun of Onew together. But now, there’s this awkward silence between them when their topic is Amber. She was always the reason that’s why the rest of the boys don’t know if they should hate Amber or not.

 

==

 

The boys came out of their place just in time for the girls next door to leave their place, too.

 

“What were those loud noises earlier?” Sulli asked as she run to Taemin.

“Early morning party?” Taemin answered unsure.

“Sounds fun but your answer sounds unreal,”

“Just try imagining it.” Taemin grinned sweetly.

“Can I walk with the two maknaes?” Minho put both of his arms on Sulli’s and Taemin’s shoulders.

 

“Was there a fight again?” Victoria asked Onew as they walked out of the building hand in hand. Onew nodded. He looked at the back and looked at Key at the back.

 

“Did you guys fight?” Amber looked at Key oddly.

“There was no fight. Scolding maybe, but there’s no fight,” Key grinned with a little giggle.

“Yeah, I kinda heard your voice. Sounds like you were nagging.” Amber giggled along with Key.

 

“That was embarrassing~” Key scratched his head.

 

“Yo, Amber!” Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Amber’s shoulder but Amber feels kind of strange so she detached it.

“Hey, Jonghyun oppa~”

 

[Jonghyun’s POV]

“Key did you tell her what we did to Onew hyung?” I in again. I can tell that key is already pissed. I don’t want to lose over him.

“Nope, he hasn’t. What was it?” Amber listened to me and laughed at my story. Key was there faking a smile. I don’t feel any guilt. They’re not dating yet.

 

Key, Amber and all of the crew know how I feel for Amber. I try to be honest as I can. That’s just how I am.

 

It all started four months ago, when I finally realized that I at last moved on from my break up with Jessica. It’s all because of Amber. She’s different from all girls not because she has a neutral look or she sometimes act like a guy, I don’t know, she’s just really different. Different from Jessica.

 

Ever since I confessed to Amber, she became less close to me. I understand. It’s because confession changes everything. As for Key, he tends to get annoyed easily every time I talk to Amber, every time I sit next to Amber, every time I take Amber’s attention and every time I steal Amber from him.

 

I know how both of them feel. I know Key likes Amber even if he doesn’t say anything. The way he acts, the way he protects her, the way he feels like I’m his rival. I am his rival. I admit it. And he tends to be over possessive with her but he’s just showing the true him. I know Amber likes Key back. She told me herself. She used to tell me all the secrets that she can’t tell Key. Even though I know how both of them feel, even though I know that I don’t have a chance, and even though Amber doesn’t like me back, I still told her I like her coz I know anything can change and happen in just a blink of an eye. Maybe one day, she’ll like me, too. Same as how she likes Key.

 

“Key oppa, I didn’t do my homework. Did you do yours?” I was too busy talking to myself. I didn’t realize that they were talking to each other again.

“No. Let’s do it together at the classroom. Jonghyun hyung, we’re going~” it was obvious that he was forced to say that.

“Bye Jonghyun oppa,” Key pulled Amber.

 

“Oppa~” I turned my head and it was Luna.

“SunYoung,” I was the only who can call her that.

“Did you listen to the song I told you about?”

“Yup. It’s really cool. I like it,” she smirked and held up the mirror I gave her.

 

“You really love that don’t you?” I was talking about to the mirror.

“Yes, I like the reflection showing on this mirror~” And she was talking about her own reflection.

 

“That’s why you’re called ‘the mirror princess’. You stare at the mirror a lot.” I commented.

“Then you should stare at the mirror a lot, too. You’ll get called ‘the mirror prince’,” she chuckled.

“That’s not my thing. That’s just your thing.”

“And Key oppa’s thing, too~”

 

I know that Luna likes me but I just don’t fell the same way. I know how it hurts her but she just has to understand. I know she understands.

 

 

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥