Chapter 18

Heart Keeper

“Ah! Key hyung is doing something to Amber noona!” Taemin shouted as he entered the room.
“Huh?” Amber and Key stopped their tickle fight.
“I think Taem wants to join…” Key smirked at Taemin. He then jumped of the bed and run after Taemin.

“Mother and son,” Amber sighed.

“And you must be the father!” Taemin shouted still running away from Key.
“What did you just say, Taem?” Amber glared at Taemin.
“Appa! Help me!” Taemin crossed the line and so Amber started running around with them.

==

“Where is Krys going?” Amber asked hearing the little conversation from the girls.
“She’s going to the States for maybe two weeks.” Luna responded.
“With who?” Amber was really curious.
“With her family of course,” Victoria slightly hit Amber’s head.

“Unni, aren’t you planning to go back to the States even just for a week?” Sulli glanced at Amber.
“Oh, that, I can’t right now. Maybe during school vacation. But I really wish I can go with Krystal~” Amber sighed really deep. She envied Krystal. She really wants to see her family, too but she promised her mom that she’ll go back after the school ended.

“Luna, are you sleeping over again?” Amber changed the topic.
“Yup!”
“Oh yay! It’s party time!”

“Hey, I heard about Krystal leaving for the States so I’m here to substitute her!” Key run in like a total diva that he is.

“You’re sleeping over, too?” Victoria asked oddly.
“If you want to, I will~” Key teased them.

“Oh, please, Key, no.” Amber begged.
“I didn’t say I was. I just want to party with all of you!”

“You’re such a diva,” Luna shook his head.
“I know. Now, let the party begin!!!” Key was partying by himself.

“Why do you like him, Amber. He’s pretty annoying… sometimes.” Luna questioned Amber.
“Who said I like him?!” Amber sounded guilty.
“Sulli did.”
“Yah, Choi JinRi!” Amber shouted that stopped Key from messing their place up.

“Oh, my baby’s mad. What did you do JinRi?” Key glared at Sulli.
“I’m innocent!”

And so the party continued. This time, the girls were partying it up until they got tired. Key of course really can’t sleep over since it’s all girls. He just went home and leave the girls have some rest.

“Yah, Sulli, why did you tell Luna?” Amber could kill Sulli that moment.
“Well, I’m just telling the truth.”
“Yes, you’re just telling the truth but some of the truths are not meant to be told.”
“Ah, you’re telling me this because you lose your chance to ask Key oppa if he likes you. Am I right?” Sulli liked mocking Amber as much as Taemin mocked Key.
“Go to sleep!”

Amber stayed up all night. No, this isn’t about Key. It was all because of her family. She was still hoping she could go to the US that instant, she would, but she really can’t. She chose the pat on going to Korea, so she needed to follow her mom’s decision on coming back home.

“I can wait for few more months,” she said to herself and tried to sleep.

==

“Do you miss Krystal?” Jonghyun sat next to Amber during lunch break.
“No, not really…” Amber said bluntly.
“Then why are you down?”
“Secret,”

“You used to tell me all your secrets.” Jonghyun frown with matching puppy-dog eyes.
“I only tell you my ‘Key Secrets’. I didn’t tell you all of them.”
“Well, yeah, but you can still tell me any secret now.” Jonghyun really wanted to make Amber happy.
“Oh, I should just call Key so he could make you hyper and happy… KIM KEYBUM!” it was surprising that Jonghyun really called Key.
“What’s up?”

“I think Amber needs you,” Jonghyun left the two. No, Jonghyun’s not giving up. If he can’t make Amber smile, he thought that Key could. And seeing Amber smile is the only thing he wanted.

“What’s wrong baby?” Key asked in English.
“Nothing, really.” Amber doesn’t want Key to worry since there’s nothing to worry about.
“Nothing really yourself!” Key made those silly expressions and easily made Amber laugh.

“I think we should go back to class,” Key handed her his hand to help her stand and Amber accepted it.
“Baby, can I sleep over tonight?”
“No!” Amber and the girls still needed their privacy.

==

They were all hanging out in front of the apartment. When Vicotria suddenly received a message.

“Hey, Krystal sent me a message!”

“Read it!” Luna was over excited to hear news from Krystal.

“Guys, I miss you. Wish you could be here with me. One more week here. Tell Amber that I’m waiting for her. Just kidding. See you all soon!—Krystal” the boys were laughing at Victoria’s accent while reading the message.

“Can we send her back a message?” Minho was the one who missed Krystal most.
“It’ll cost me a lot. Maybe you should but use your own phone!” Victoria put her phone back in her pocket.

Minho, Onew, Key and Taemin went up with the girls back to their apartment. The only ones left were Amber and Jonghyun. Jonghyun didn’t have any idea why Amber is still gloomy but he knew that Amber wanted a company. Amber started to cry and Jonghyun was still clueless. He doesn’t know what to do. He doesn’t know how to stop Amber from crying. He just patted Amber’s back trying to calm her. Key went down to look for Amber and there he found Jonghyun trying his best to stop Amber’s tears. He felt jealous.

“I’m supposed to be the one comforting her.” Key was so upset to himself since he knew the reason why his ‘baby’ is crying.

Amber wiped her tears before speaking.

“Where’s Key oppa?” she was looking for Key. She spotted Key and run towards him. There she cried again. She cried in front of Key.

“Good luck,” Jonghyun tapped Key’s shoulder and went up.

“Amber~” Key pulled her and hugged her.
“It’s okay to cry. Just let it all out.” Amber did burst out all her tears on Key’s shoulder.

After few minutes, Amber was still sobbing. Key raised her head and wiped off her tears. It was his first time seeing Amber cry and it hurts him more. Key looked at her, eye to eye.

“You really want to go back to the States? As in right now?” Key asked her and she nodded for respond.
“Well, then, come on! I’ll bring you to the airport right this minute.” Key started pulling her.
“Oppa~” Amber giggled.

“Ah! You finally laugh and smile!” Key hugged her again.
“If only I have the money, I’ll send you back to the States but, I only have my monthly allowance and sometimes, it’s not enough for me… and don’t chu ever cry again. I’ll hate you,” Key held her tighter.

“Thanks oppa. I feel better now,” Amber said still sniffing.
“Look at what you did to my shirt. It’s all crumpled and a little… wet.” Key was mocking her.
“I’m sorry, oppa. I’ll wash it for you if you want.” Amber insisted.
“Do you mean, right now?” Key covered his body with his arms.
“You want to see me ? I didn’t know you’re this kind of person, baby.”
“Oppa!” Amber and Key let out a big chuckle.

“Oppa, you’re the best.” Amber gave Key two thumbs up.
“Of course, I am. Just don’t ever cry again. If you cry, make sure it’s all because of me and not because of some things like this. You can just shout it all out like when you’re stress or you’re mad.” Key messed up Amber’s already messy hair. Amber for revenge hugged him tighter than how Key hugged her earlier. Key hugged her back. They were competing on who’ll end up breathless.

“I give up!” Amber put down her arms but Key wouldn’t stop.

“Ah! Help me!” Amber was asking for help again.

“We’ll be watching a movie inside. Wanna come?” Key invited her. That will make her feel better.
“Yeah, sure~” Amber smiled. Key pushed her to the elevator.