Seven

Heart Keeper

Chapter 7 

The Maknae and the Virtual Maknae/ Romeo and Juliette

 *1 ½ years ago*

 

“Unni!” Krystal hugged Victoria as soon as the door opened.

“Where is she?” Victoria was half awake. She just woke up from her nap.

“Here she is. Sulli!” Sulli was hiding behind Krystal. Victoria glanced at her and she gave her a pleasing smile.

 

“Hello Vic unni~” she waved at her.

“Finally, you made up your mind,” Victoria and Sulli were having a hard time whether Sulli would stay with her or not and now she has finally made her decision.

 

“Bring all your things in and I’ll show you where you would sleep. Krystal, do want to come in, too?”

“Do you have to ask that?” Krystal shook her head and entered the apartment.

 

==

 

“Hey Luna unni, what’s up?” Sulli entered the dance studio of the school.

“You really came. I heard you moved to Vic unni’s apartment,” Luna said as she did some stretching.

“Yup, you heard it right. So why did you make me come here?”

 

“So you could watch me practice and then we’ll eat lunch afterwards.” Luna tied her hair up.

“Sounds nice. Okay, I’ll be watching here.”

 

She stand next to the door and watched Luna dance. She watched the others as well. She wished she was as talented as Luna. She envy Luna coz she can sing, dance and she’s good at school, too. She just felt lucky to have Luna as her friend.

 

“How was that?” Luna wiped off some of her sweat.

“That was great!” Sulli exclaimed.

“Really? Wait there, I’m just going tot the restroom then we can go,” Luna made her way out of the room while Sulli stayed.

 

“Sulli?” a guy accosted her.

“Huh?” and Sulli had no idea who he was.

“Don’t you remember me?”

“Ah, you’re one of Krystal’s friends and you’re also Luna unni’s classmate… Taemin, right?” she finally recognized him.

“Why are you here?”

“Just waiting for Luna coz we’ll have lunch together.”

 

After few minutes of talking…

“So we’re neighbors now!” Taemin shouted.

“You could say that,”

“Nice~”

 

“Oh, so you two meet again,” Luna came back from the restroom.

“Unni, let’s have lunch already, I’m really hungry~” Sulli stood up.

“Want to have lunch with us Taemin?” Luna invited her.

“Sure. My tummy’s making weird sounds,” Taemin picked up his bag and ran to the two girls.

 

==

 

“How’s your dancing, Taem?” Key asked when Taemin got home.

“It was great… Hey, hyung, do you that girl that Krystal brought the other day?” Taemin asked awkwardly.

“Jinri? Yeah, why did you ask?”

“Who’s Jinri?” Taemin scratched his head.

“Sulli’s real name is Jinri. Why, do you like her?”

“How did you know that Jinri is her real name?”

“Stop asking questions. Do you like her?” Key repeated his question.

 

“Nope. I just had a talk with her earlier that’s all,” Taemin responded.

“Hmm… I think I’m smelling puppy love here,” Key sniffed Taemin and laughed.

“Hyung, I’m hungry, feed me.”

“Aigoo. You’re always hungry~”

 

==

 

“Is that Taemin nice?” Sulli asked Krystal.

“You talked to him earlier. Can’t you tell whether he’s nice or not?” Luna butted in.

“He looks nice,” Sulli noted.

“And admit it; he looks really pretty, too.” Krystal added.

 

“Eh, why did you ask all of a sudden? Do you have feelings for him? Too early for that Sulli,” Luna patted Sulli’s shoulder.

“I don’t like him-like him. I just…molla!” Sulli pouted.

“You can’t use your acting skills to us.”

 

===

 

*four months ago*

 

“Who wants to play the part of Juliet?” this is how the drama club choose their lead actors and actresses. They’ll let everyone who wants to play a certain part raise their hand and they’ll choose whoever they want to. Krystal was one of those new members who wanted to try the role.

 

“Krystal, I think you’re ready. You’ll be playing Juliet… For the guys, who wants to be Romeo?”

 

Random choosing…

 

“Choi Minho, I never seen you act before so I’ll give you a try,”

 

“That was super random,” Minho went up to the stage and Krystal did the same.

 

“So you’ll be my Romeo,”

“And you’ll be my Juliet,”

“Okay,” they said in unison.

 

Krystal and Minho have known each other for almost two years but they were never close. Krystal is very straight-forward but that’s her charm. Minho is the pretty quiet type and always so serious but he tends to be talkative when he gets really comfortable next to any person. But for both of them, they didn’t had the chance to be straight-forward to each other and had a chance to talk comfortably to each other. It was basically their problem. So now that they’ll be playing the lead roles of the play, they don’t know how to start.

 

“So who’s going to talk first?” Krystal asked.

“It’s in the script,” Minho answered heedlessly.

 

Shiny Effects were all watching them on their first practice. They just felt bored on how the two acted on stage.

 

“They’re not even moving~” Amber sighed.

“Come on, Amber. Let’s just buy some cookies,” Key was the most fed up that time.

“I like your idea.”

 

“Are they always like this?” Onew asked oddly.

“It’s not the first time we saw them like this,” Jonghyun walked out since he also felt bored.

 

“I’m sure they’ll improve on this,” Victoria had her hopes up.

“Vic noona, let’s come back later, come with me first,” Onew held Victoria’s hand on leaving the auditorium.

 

“Aren’t you going, Taemin?” Sulli didn’t want to leave Minho and Krystal acting all stupid at the stage.

“Nope. I want to watch the two develop their acting skills.” Taemin gave his prettiest smile.

 

After school, Minho and Krystal were asked to stay in school for their practice. They claimed to stay so they can act natural when their together.

 

“From the top?” Krystal asked as she raised both of her eyebrows.

“Yup,”

 

It was a wonderful rehearsal. They didn’t act awkward facing each other. They didn’t feel scared despite the fact that they know they’re the only left at the school. They didn’t act stupid like what they did in front of their friends.

 

“I think it’s much better if you say that line softer than the usual.”

“Okay, I’ll try.”

 

Though they managed to give each other advice and random stuffs, they still felt a little not so okay in the inside. Like they were both saying “I can’t believe I’m talking with him/her” or “I don’t think I can do it with him/her”. There was this insecurity between them.

 

That was able to change in a whole month of rehearsing together. You can tell that they’ve become friends and not strangers. They’ve become really fond of each other. All of their friends noticed the same, too. So when the final day of rehearsing came, all of them came to watch. They even helped on preparing the props and stuffs needed for the play.

 

“Break time for everyone,” the club’s president shouted.

 

“Amber, let’s imitate Krystal and Minho,” Key pulled Amber on the stage.

 

“Hyung is really crazy,”

“He always is. And I can’t believe Amber was able to stand it,” Minho and Krystal were cracking up watching Amber and Key acting foolishly.

 

“AMBER!” they heard a loud shout from Key. Part of the background fell on Key and Amber.

 

“Krystal, you alright?” instead on checking on Amber and Key, Minho asked how Krystal was feeling. He was sure that she was surprised.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Let’s check on Key oppa and Amber unni,” Krystal grabbed Minho and run towards the two in risk.

 

It took few seconds before they saw the two standing.

 

“We’re alright!” the two shouted that relieved everyone.

 

“We should double-check everything so we’ll be sure. You sure you alright?” Minho was also double-checking on Krystal.

“Yes, oppa. You can ask me that for a million times if I’m at Amber unni’s position earlier,” Krystal smiled.

 

==

 

“I think Amber is still shock from the incident,”  Victoria said as she stared at Amber.

“Krystal is shock, too.” Luna pointed out Krystal sitting next to Amber.

 

“I’ll use my telepathy powers to know what she’s thinking,” Sulli joked and stared at Krystal’s eyes.

 

“I’m seeing… Minho oppa’s image inside her head. Ahah! She’s thinking of Minho oppa right now,” Sulli exclaimed.

 

“Sulli, you’re not funny,”

“But I know it’s true~” Sulli gazed at Krystal.

 

 

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥