Chapter 12

Heart Keeper

“NOONA!” Taemin opened the door of the girls’ aprtment.
“Yah, Taemin, how did you open the door?” Amber was startled by Taemin.
“Key hyung told me the code.” Taemin smiled cutely and dash to Amber.
“I told him not to tell anyone… especially you~” Amber shrugged.

“What are you doing? Need any help?” Taemin noticed that Amber was folding some clothes.
“I’m almost done, you can sit on the couch first then I’ll get you something to drink,” Amber didn’t want Taemin to help ‘cause she knows he’ll mess up, Key told her that once, they let Taemin to take care of their apartment and when they came back, it was a disaster. Amber as a very organized person, doesn’t want a childish Taemin to mess all her work.

“Here’s an orange juice,” Amber sat next to Taemin.
“Thank you,”

“Hmmm…. I know Victoria noona’s with Onew hyung next door and you’re here but where’s S—,”
“She’s with Key oppa. They went to school earlier. They both left something there.” Amber cut Taemin off. She knew that Sulli was the only reason why Taemin was there.
“Ah, I see~”
“Let’s wait for them. I think they’ll be back soon.” Amber smiled.

“Noona, I have something to ask you,” Taemin thought of a very interesting topic.
“What is it?”

“Ugh… do you like… Jonghyun hyung?” Taemin bit his lower lip. Amber giggled when she heard the question.
“Taem…. I like Jonghyun oppa… but only as a brother, like how I think of you.” Amber staed.

“Do you like… Key hyung, then?” Taemin asked without hesitation.
“Huh?!” Amber gulped as she slowly looked away.
“Noona, answer me. Do you like him? Do you like Key hyung?” Taemin asked again.
“I’ll… I’ll get you more juice,” Amber suddenly changed the topic.

“Oh, you do like Key hyung!” Taemin exclaimed.
“Anyo!” Amber yelled that echoed in the whole apartment.
“Eh, you’re guilty! Amber noona likes Key hyung! Amber noona likes Key hyung! Amber noona likes K—,”
“Aish. Stop shouting,” Amber covered Taemin’s mouth.

“Okay, okay. I like Key oppa.”
“Not as a brother?”
“Not as a brother. It’s more that that. Are you happy now?” Amber pouted.

“Yup, I’m so happy that I want you to say it again so I can record it in my hand phone,” Taemin laughed.
“Don’t tell it to anyone, okay? Promise me!”
“Promise! But, can you repeat what you said? I really want to record it.” Taemin was obviously teasing her.

“Lee Taemin! Get out! Now!” Amber pushed Taemin to the door roughly. She opened the door and pushed Taemin out much harder.

“Taemin oppa, Ambe runni, what’s going on?” Sulli was surprised of Taemin’s sudden appearance. Key just stared at Amber oddly.

“You’re not allowed to come in here for two weeks, you got that? Choi JinRi, don’t let your little boyfriend in, okay? Two weeks!” she warned Sulli.
“He’s not my boyfriend so I don’t care. Bye, oppa~” Sulli waved at Taemin as she entered their apartment.

“Hyung, aren’t you coming with me?” Taemin was waiting for Key to respond.
“Nope, I’m going to hang out with Amber for a while. Hey, don’t close the door!” Key rushed in before Amber even slam the door on his face.

“It’s you fault~” Amber pointed her finger to Key.
“What did I do?”
“You told Taemin the code. I told you not to,” Amber started scolding Key.

“Wait, wait… stop!” I’m sorry, okay? Where and when did you learn scolding me?” Key titled his head.

“Who else? From you of course,”

“I’ll just cook something for you. Payment for whateve damage Taemin made.” Key went straight to the kitchen and look for something to cook.

“Wow, it looks delicious~” Amber stared at the ready-to-eat kimchjjigae.

“JinRi, want to eat with us?” Key asked as he took off his apron.
“No, thanks. I’m going next door. See you later,” Sulli rather hang out with Taemin than with the love brids.
“Okay, let’s eat!”

Amber and Key enjoyed the food just for themselves.

“Oppa, you still remember that we have this huge test next week, right?” Amber tried to remind Key.
“Yeah, yeah, I still remember,”
“Want to study with me on Saturday?” Amber invited him.
“Sounds great! And we can study in my place. Jjong hyung won’t be there the whole day!” Key made sure that no one will disturb them even if it’s just studying.
“You’re so mean. Why do you always fight with Jonghyun oppa?”
“We have our reasons… you don’t really have to know,”

==

‘I better be ready for Saturday. Wait, tomorrow IS Saturday!’ Key was panicking for nothing.
‘Calm down, Key. It’s not a study-date. It’s just study without the word date’ Key finally calmed himself.

“Amber’s going to study with you tomorrow? Wait, study?” Minho was surprised to hear that Key will be studying.
“Yeah, and you can’t join us!”
“I can study alone, you know. I don’t need any help from you and Amber.”

==

Saturday. Study. Amber. Key. No Jonghyun. Apartment. Alone.

“it’s really quiet here,” Amber noticed as she entered Key’s place.

“Minho went to Krystal’s house and I have no idea why. Onew hyung is helping Victoria noona with the groceries. Sulli and Taemin… well, they’re at your place. Jjong hyung, he have this meeting in school with Luna that’s why I told you he’s not here.” Key explained.
“So, we’re alone here~”

“Yup. Why are you acting weird? We’re always the ones left behind.”
“Let’s start!”

An hour later…

“Oppa, I think my grammar is a little wrong.” Amber always makes mistakes on grammar.
“Let me see… I think it’s fine.”

“Oppa,” Amber paused.
“Do you have another question?”
“I really can’t believe you’re studying with me.”
“Well… I have my inspiration~” Key smirked.

“What or who is it?” Amber raised her eyebrows.
“Y-O-U” Key spelled it for her.

“Y-O-U? You… you… me?!” Amber was shocked.
“Yeah and don’t ask why.”

“Want to eat something?” Key suddenly asked.
“Choco pie~” Amber murmured.
“Okay, wait here.” Key left Amber alone in their apartment.

Amber lied down on the couch and closed her eyes. Few seconds later, the door opened. She glanced and though tit was Key, but it wasn’t.

“Onew oppa,”

“Can I sit down?” Onew asked Amber who was still completely comfortable lying down on the couch.
“No. Key oppa told me to feel at home so I’m feelin’ it.” She answered in English and owned the couch.

Onew just sat down on the floor and looked at Amber.
“I have a question,” Onew started.

“Do you like Jonghyun?”
“Taemin already asked me that,” Amber chuckled.
“What did you answer then?”
“I like Jonghyun but only as brother.”

“Do you like Key, then?”
“Taem already asked that question, too.”
“Did you answer ‘no’, too?” Onew was as curious as Taemin.
“Ugh… I think I should follow Key oppa,” Amber stood up.

“You haven’t answered my question yet,” Onew grabbed Amber’s wrisk.
“I think I heard Victoria unni calling my name,” Amber made another excused.
“I heard nothing. You like him, don’t you?” Onew raised his right eyebrow.

“It’s supposed to be a secret!” Amber mumbled.
“Well, it’s not a secret anymore because Taemin already knows and I already know.”
“You make sense, even Jonghyun oppa knows. Just make sure that Key oppa wouldn’t know.” Amber looked at Onew feircely.

“Ye, samonim(ma’am)” Onew bowed just in time for Key to get back.

“What took you so long? I’m hungry,” Onew grabbed a choco pie from Key’s hands.
“Yah, hyung, that’s for Amber,”

All that time, Amber only wished that Onew and Taemin will keep their words. It’s not yet the right time to tell Key what she feels for him.