Chapter 16

Heart Keeper

“I missed this!” Key stated as he stretched his arms.
“You were only gone for five days,” Amber was whispering to herself.
“But you still miss me… and I missed you, too!” Key was crying out everything.

“I feel like playing hide and seek~” Key was planning something naughty.

While Amber was busy looking around the street, talking and strolling, she didn’t know that Key was already gone.

“Key oppa… let’s buy— Key oppa?”

Her phone started ringing.

“Try to find me! Haha!—Key” it was a wicked message from Key.
“Where did that jerk go?”

Amber had no choice but to find him, what she didn’t know was that Key was spying on her wherever she goes. Key had already done many things while Amber was still finding him.

“I give up!” Amber sighed.

“Oh, yes! I win! Now, treat me a piece of cake!” Key finally showed up.
“No way! Let’s just go home,” Amber glowered as she walked and Key was still trying to make her smile.

“You’re still mad? Oh come on, baby. I just wanted to have fun… coz I really missed you!” Key kept saying honeyed things to Amber.
“I only did that coz I love you,” he didn’t stop until Amber would be more annoyed.
“I’ll buy you spicy rice cakes!” Key knows that they were Amber’s favorite.

“Really?!”

“Yeah… maybe next time. He-he. Bye!” Key rushed to their apartment.

==

It was a boring night for Amber as well as Key. Sulli and Victoria were already asleep while Amber was counting sheep yet she still can’t fall asleep. Key was staring at the sky and counting the stars even if he knows that he couldn’t count all of them. Then Key thought of a very weird idea…

“Oppa? What’s up?” Amber answered her phone.
“Aren’t you sleepy yet? It’s almost midnight,” Key asked.
“I don’t know why but I don’t feel like sleeping tonight~”
“Great!”
“What’s great about that?”
“Meet me outside!” Key suddenly hung up.

Amber grabbed her coat and went outside. Key was already grinning at her. Key and Amber were both in their pajamas and seem like a matching outfit.

“Come with me.” Key grabbed Amber’s hand.

Key brought her to a bench near their apartment.

“Look up!” he ordered and Amber just followed him.
“Wow, they look amazing~” Amber had this cute sweet expression on her face that Key adored.
“I had a feeling you were counting them earlier,” Amber joked.
“I was actually… then you suddenly appeared in my thoughts…” Key took another glimpse at Amber before looking up again.
“Huh?”
“I want to have a counting stars competition.” Key’s appearance was serious.

“Dude, that’s crazy. How can we count them?”
“I don’t know. Just count without cheating. Shijak!” Key was already counting in his mind while Amber was giggling as she watched him. Seconds later, Amber was counting, too.

She then heard Key laughing hard and it easily stopped her from the crazy thing she was doing.

“I can’t believe you’re really counting them!” Key laughed again.
“Weren’t you?”
“Well… 1, 2, 3 yes but 4 and so on… No!” Key didn’t stop laughing.

“Tsk! I’m going,” Amber stood up but Key pulled her arms and made her sit with not more than 1 inch distance from Key.
“Stay here for a while… Let’s just look at the stars and do nothing…” Key put his arms on Amber’s shoulder. Amber sat still and did what Key said. Amber let her head fall on Key’s shoulder. She likes it that way. She feels comfortable and she’s at ease when she does that. She closed her eyes and soon, she was asleep.

“I really want to tell you something, Amber~” Key murmured. He glanced at her but Amber’s eyes were closed and he knew that she was already sleeping.
“I guess… It’s not the right time to tell you… how I feel,” Key closed his eyes and tried to make himself sleep.

They slept over three hours on that cold bench. Amber was the one to wake up first. She didn’t want to wake up Key; she just wanted to look at him. Look at the pretty face of his. It was angelic. It was unique. It was what she liked the most.

“Amber… are you awake?” Key babbled with his eyes still close.
“Huh? Oh, yeah… we should go back. It’s already four in the morning.” It was amazing how they stayed there.
“Oh, wait… I forgot to give you these…” he grabbed something from his pocket.

“Chocolates!” Key showed her a hand full of heart-shaped chocolates.
“They look yummy~”
“I both them yesterday while you were busy looking for me.” Amber was about to snatch them when Key started talking again.

“Oh, and are you still wearing the ring I gave you?” Key asked.
“Yes, yes. Here. Now, let me have those chocolates!” Amber showed him the ring.
“Thanks oppa!” she was really craving for chocolates.
“Yah, don’t share that to your friends. I only bought it just for you.” Key’s possessions are also Amber’s possessions. 
“Yes, sir. Can we go back now?”

Amber skipped her way to their apartment while Key kept an eye on her. It was fun just looking at her like that. They entered their apartment quiet as a mouse and went back to sleep in their own bed.

==

“Unni, where did you sleep earlier?” Sulli asked still half-awake.

“I can’t sleep actually so… I tried to sleep at the couch.” Amber made a lie.
“Did you fall asleep then?” Victoria was also curious.
“Ugh… Yup. Then I went back to the room when I woke up.”

“Unni, I’m going to the mall with Taemin oppa later, can I borrow that ring of yours?” Sulli spotted Amber’s ring.
“Andwae!” she exclaimed.
“Okay, I won’t. I’ll just borrow from Vic unni… but where did you buy that? It looks so cute,”
“It’s a secret!” Amber went to the kitchen and watched Victoria make breakfast.

“Amber, can you do the groceries later? I’m kinda busy today so…” Victoria used the word “busy” which means she’ll be having a date with Onew in Amber and Sulli’s dictionary.
“Sure, just list down the things I have to buy and please give me the money.” Amber can’t say no to Victoria.
“Thanks, Amby!”
“Who the heck is Amby?” Amber joked.

==

Amber got everything in the list and went home. Since the foodstuffs were almost as heavy as her, she kept stopping and kept putting them down.

“Do we really need everything here?” Amber asked scratching her head.

Key had his sources on where he could find Amber that day so he easily spotted her on his way.

“Baby~” he run towards her.
“Do you need any help?” Key asked but he was already getting one of the plastic bags.

“No, oppa. I can do it myself. You can just walk your way back home~” Amber was wrestling on getting back the plastic bag.
“But you look tired. I don’t want my baby to get tired.”
“Oppa~”

“Oh, your shoelace is untie. Let me do it for you.” He did let go of the bag but he kneeled down and started lashing Amber’s shoelace.

“Hey, I’m not a queen or a princess so stop serving me.” Amber was quite embarrassed on what Key was doing for her.

“Your hair, it’s a mess, too.” He then fixed her hair. It was getting really embarrassing. Amber was already blushing but she can’t seem to stop Key.

Amber then saw someone familiar looking at them. It was a familiar face of her old friend. Not old friend but a friend that has been gone for a long time.

“Nicole?”