Three

Heart Keeper

Chapter 3 [Amber’s POV]

 

I threw my bag on my bed. I changed my clothes and grabbed something to eat in the fridge.

“Chocolates~” I spotted chocolates just at the corner. I’m super in love with chocolates. Key hates it if I eat TOO MUCH chocolates. He said it’s bad for me but I just enjoy ignoring his nagging and eat as many chocolates as I want. But I feel really happy coz he’s concern.

 

I sat on the couch as I waited for Sulli and Victoria unni to come home. I stared at the door wanting it to open as soon as possible but still, it didn’t move even an inch.

 

The door somehow reminded me of Key. Yes, key is used to open a door but this apartment doesn’t use keys. So that’s not the reason why I remembered Key. It’s because I first saw Key in front of their doorway and I’ve liked him since then.

 

♥♥♥Flashback♥♥♥

 

“I already asked my friends if you could stay with them so you have no choice but to come with me,” Krystal dragged me out of her house. We then rode a taxi and it took us to some place that doesn’t really seem too familiar to me. Of course, it’s not familiar. I’m new to Korea.

 

“Okay, Amber unnie, third floor, second door to your left, ring the doorbell and two girls will welcome you there. Bye unnie. I have to go~” she abandoned me like that. And since I have no place to stay, I followed her orders. As soon as I reached the third, I stood still in front of the door. I was hesitating whether to ring the doorbell or not. I suddenly heard a squeaky sound. It was from the neighbor’s door. A little boy showed up with a guy next to him. The guy was most likely the same age as mine. He smiled adequately at the kid. ‘He looks nice, sweet… and his kinda cute, too~’ I thought with a grin in my head.

 

“Do you want lollipop? Let’s go downstairs. I’ll buy you thousands of them.” The guy then carried the little boy to the elevator. I guess he didn’t notice me. I’m sure I’m gonna like living here. I think I’m gonna like my new neighbors, too.

 

“Are you Amber?” the door in front of me opened. A girl opened it. She looks a little young, younger than me. I nodded in response.

“Victoria unnie, she’s here!” the girl shouted and soon another girl showed up.

“You’re Amber? Why didn’t you ring the doorbell? We’ve been waiting for you. Come in,” they welcomed me really nicely.

 

I learned that their name was Sulli and Victoria. Sulli was the one who opened the door and Victoria was the other girl. It didn’t take me long to converse with them contentedly.

 

Next day was already school day. It was the first of school. It was the first of everything. After the long and boring orientation, Krystal toured me around the school. I met tons of her friends.

 

“Wow, you almost know everyone in this school.” I said trying to be funny.

“What can I say? I’m really friendly. Oh, there they are! Oppas!” she pulled to that group of guys with Victoria unnie.

 

“Oppas, I brought a new friend,” Krystal started. Since, I still find everything and everyone me unusual, I turned my eyes slowly. They all look new to me.

 

“Hey, introduce yourself.” Krystal ordered me. She’s really kind of pushy sometimes.

“Annyeonhaseyo, joneun Amber-imnida~” I bowed ninety degrees and looked at all of them.

 

‘Oh, that’s—,’ I saw someone pretty familiar. It was that guy from the apartment yesterday.

 

“Wa, she looks like Jonghyun~” Victoria unnie’s boyfriend commented.

“Huh? Aniyo~” I smiled even though I don’t agree but I kinda really look like that jonghyun guy.

 

“Taemin oppa,” Krystal signaled the ‘mushroom’ head boy.

“Hello, I’m Taemin,” he looks so adorable for a guy.

 

“Here’s the last one. He’s actually the most special. Key… Where’s Key oppa? He was just here seconds ago,” the guy suddenly vanished. That’s a little disapoointing. I really want to meet him.

 

“Maybe he already went to class. You’ll meet him. Like what crystal said, you’re in the same class as Key and I,” Minho cheered that made me happy.

 

I think I’m gonna like all of these guys, too. Even though I have a boyish looks, they didn’t let me feel that I’m different and that I’m a stranger. I felt like I’m one of them.

 

“You sure you don’t want to come with me?” Krystal asked before leaving.

“I’ll just go with Minho,”

“Okay, see you later guys~” she left me with Minho.

 

I followed Minho. I guess he’s not much of a talker. We reached the classroom without even talking.

 

“You can go in if you want. I’m just going to talk with my friends,”

“Thanks Minho,”

 

I went in and I easily spotted Key, I think that was his name. I smiled trying to be nice.

 

“Is this seat taken?” I asked a little embarrassed with my husky voice. He shook his head and looked away. I guess he still thinks of me as a stranger.

 

The class started just few minutes after I sat down.

 

“Before we start our lesson, we have a really new student here today. Amber, come here and introduce yourself~” I hate introducing myself. I’ll try to make it short but clean.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Amber Liu. Nice to meet you all~” apparently, that was just too short so I had to add some more extra details. I stand there awkwardly while talking about myself.

 

I took my seat again, looked at Key and show off my pretty smile. Yeah, right pretty. He rolled his eyes. But what was that for? That was upsetting. I just listened t the teacher and kept my mind away from Key. The fact that you’re only listening to your teacher the whole day is boring but that was my only choice to improve my Korean. I studied Korean in the US but I’m still not that good.

 

==

 

I was the last one to come out of the room after the bell rang. I went out of the school ground alone. Krystal can’t come with me coz she’s too busy with school already like her sister, Jessica.  Victoria unnie was with Onew oppa and Sulli, she’s trying to live her own life. I saw Key again and he was also alone. I have such clear eyes. I tried to walk next to him but without him knowing that I did it on purpose. I know he noticed me but I can tell that he’s just a little timid next to me. We reached the apartment ‘together’. I can feel the atmosphere is really different. I’m sure it’ll be better tomorrow but I guess now is just not the right time. The elevator opened and left him. It’s not rude since we don’t even know each other yet. Leaving him like that is okay.

 

“I wish he didn’t act so rude earlier. It just made him look really mean. I hope he’s just pretending to be like. I would definitely like him if he’s nice,” I grabbed the cookies I bought and started eating it. Cookies make me happy.

 

==

 

Since I know where my classroom is, I didn’t have to follow Minho again. I went to the classroom alone without any help. I sat down on ‘my’ chair and behave really well. I played with my phone acting as if I was busy.

 

Someone suddenly covered my front view. I looked up and found Key smiling at me. It’s kinda weird but it’s also very cute.

 

“Hey, I want you to be my friend, I’m Kim Kibum, just call me Key. You must be Amber,” that was one of the silliest introduction I have ever heard which made me giggle just in my mind. He offered his hand but I just gave him an odd smile.

“Why are you smiling?” he asked curiously.

“Coz… yesterday, you were the rudest person I had ever seen and now you’re like the weirdest and friendliest.” I giggled but now it was a real giggle. I accepted his hand.
“Yes, I’m Amber~” his hands were really soft. One of the softest hands I had ever touched.

 

♥♥♥End of Flashback♥♥♥

 

From then on, I know I already like him but of course, I will never tell it to anybody. Maybe not never, but I’ll strive not to tell anybody as long as I can.

 

“Amber, you home?” the door opened. Finally, I’m not the only one home.

“Victoria unnie,” I stood up and help her with her things.

 

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥