Chapter 11

Heart Keeper

“Key, aren’t you coming with us?” Jonghyun asked as the other were putting on their shoes and all ready for school.
“I’ll catch up with you. Go now!” Key waved his hands as he packed his things.
“Okay~” Jonghyun opened the door and left with the three other boys leaving Key alone in the house.

Key waited for few minutes before he came out of their apartment. He knew that Amber was always the one who leave the apartment last so he waited for her in front of the doorway. After three minutes of staring at his wrist watch, the door finally opened.

“Hey, Amber!” he exclaimed.
“Oh, you surprised me!” Amber hit Key’s shoulders.
“You didn’t have to hurt me,” Key patted his shoulders and frowned at Amber.

“Ready to go to school?” Key asked as Amber closed the door.
“Yup!”

“I love your skirt by the way~” Key chuckled to himself.
“I wear this almost everyday,” Amber’s eyebrows wrinkled.
“Exactly!”

“We usually meet in the classroom but recently, we keep meeting at our front door. Why is that?” this was there random asking question time. They usually do this when they run out of topic.

“Don’t you think it’s better than meeting in the class? At least we can spend much more time together,” Key was being blunt but of course, Amber always thinks it’s a joke.
“We’re not dating so it doesn’t matter if we spend a lot of time together.”
“You really hate me that much, don’t you?” Key pouted.
“Nope, I don’t hate you,” Amber paused and glanced at Key.
“I LOVE YOU!” Amber shouted that made both of them laughed.

“Oh, my baby, I love you, too!” Key was about to hug Amber but she pushed him as hard as she can and run away.
“Stop calling me ‘baby’!”

Finally, the two reached the school without talking. It’s very unusual though. The class started with Key not really listening to their home room teacher. It doesn’t really matter to him. All that matters to him is AMBER.

“Ouch!” his teacher hit him with a chalk.
“Kim KiBum, focus please!”
“Ne~”

Naughty Kibum still didn’t listen to his teacher and kept his eyes on Amber. Key may have thought that his teacher was stupid. After giving a seatwork to the class, the teacher glanced at Key. She was trying to identify what or who he was looking at. Easily, she spotted Amber(how can it be hard if Amber sits just next to Key?).

“Mr. Kim Kibum~” Key looked up and smiled awkwardly.
“Ye, Seonsaengnim?”

“Can you at least focus on me even for at least thirty minutes before you focus on HER?” she looked at Amber.
“He-he. I’ll try seonsaengnim.”
“Don’t try… do it!” Key sighed after their teacher left him.

“Oppa, what did she tell you?” Amber asked suspiciously.
“It’s a secret.” Key stuck his tongue out and did their seatwork. At least he did try.

==

“Meet me at the auditorium. –Jonghyun” Amber scratched her head. She had no idea why Jonghyun wanted to meet her.

“I better not keep him waiting.” She went straight to the auditorium forgetting about Key.

“Amber~” Jonghyun saw the main door open.

“I better go, oppa. Bye, Amber~” Luna was there. Amber was just her cue on what time she’ll have to leave.

“Where are you going?” Amber questioned Luna.
“Home. See you tomorrow!” Luna waved and run towards the door.

“Why did you ask me to come here?”
“Come… sit beside me,” Jonghyun ignored her question and call her over. He was playing the piano, actually.

“I wanna play you something,” Jonghyun then started playing a beautiful piece in the piano. It was specially played for Amber.

Amber clapped her hands. “Wow, you’re really good. Jjang!” Amber gave him two thumbs up.

“Wait here, okay. I’m just going to the men’s room.”
“Want me to come with you?” Amber joked.

She sat there quietly, tapping the keys of the piano when door suddenly opened. She was hoping it was Jonghyun, but it wasn’t.

“Key oppa~”
“Did you follow me here?”

“Aniyo~” Key looked away doesn’t want to get caught lying.
“I’m just wandering around,” he sat down comfortably.

Amber stood and went down of the stage and walked towards Key.

“Can I sit here?” Amber asked for Key’s permission first before sitting beside him.
“I really find it weird that you’re here,” Amber knows that Key has his reasons why he was there.
“You really want to know why?”
“Yes, really.”

“I wanted to remind myself of our little secret. Do you still remember that?” Key gave his wicked look with a smirk in his face.
“You… you’re really good at annoying me, huh?” Amber was already controlling her anger.
“I’m good at everything you know. I’m good with girls, I’m good in rapping, I’m good in dancing, I’m good in making friends and I’m even good in school.” Key was boasting again.
“School? Is that why the teachers keep nagging at you for not listening?”
“I don’t need to listen to any teacher, I self-study pretty often.” And he continued.

“Yah, Key, why did you steal Amber from me?” Jonghyun suddenly appeared right in front of them.
“Huh?”
“Jonghyun oppa,” Amber thought the two will fight again… over her. But luckily, Jonghyun didn’t pick up a fight and just sat next to Amber.

“So what were you two talking about?”
“Nothing you should know,” Key answered rudely.
“It’s our secret. Sorry, we can’t tell you,” Amber was gentle. She didn’t have to act rude like Key.

“So… how long will we be staying here?” Jonghyun asked to break the silence.
“I don’t know. Key oppa?” Amber looked at Key curiously.

“Hyung, I didn’t ask you to stay with us. You can leave if you want.” Key’s tone was getting a little enraged. Amber had really no idea why they always get into this kind of debate every time the three of them get together.

“I’ll be here sleeping, finish you discussion first, then you can wake me up.” Amber closed her eyes and tried to sleep. Key and Jonghyun just stared at each other for about ten minutes.

Amber’s head was about to fall to Jonghyun’s shoulder, but then again, Key caught it and put it on his shoulder. Amber, who was only half-asleep, smiled secretly.

“Yah, KeyBum, I’m going home. Take care of Amber,” Jonghyun finally decided to leave the two alone.

Key calmed himself and slept like Amber. He placed his head on top of Amber’s. They didn’t notice the time passing and just resumed to sleep soundly. Amber woke up and hour later. She shook Key’s shoulder to wake him up. She wasn’t aware of their “oh so sweet” posture.

“What time is it?” Key yawned.
“It’s half past eight. Come on, let’s continue sleeping at home.”
“But we don’t live in the same house,” Even how drowsy Key was, he still managed to joke.
“Come on~” Amber pulled him up and both went home.

“Oppa, was my head heavy?” Amber asked before Key opened their apartment’s door.
“Aniyo~” Key answered straightly.
“Really?”
“I don’t lie, Amber. Good night,”
“Goog night~”

It’s actually weird how Key kept his feelings for Amber a secret (though it was really obvious, it’s just Amber is not smart enough to know. Same goes to Amber in vice-versa) when he’s a very honest person. It’s very weird for everyone coz Key usually tells everything no matter how hurtful it is. He still tells the truth now except for the fact that he likes Amber. That’s all.