One

Heart Keeper

Chapter 1 [Key’s POV]

“Good morning~” I greeted everyone with a smile as I prepare our breakfast.

“What are we having for breakfast, hyung?” our maknae Taemin asked while the others were just rubbing their eyes and yawning.

 

I’ve been living with Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung, Minho and Taemin for two years. They’re like a family to me. They’re like my real brothers.

“Bap~” I simply answered.

We all took our seats and started eating. This is always our morning life. It’s either I or Onew hyung will wake up early and make breakfast. I act like the mother and Onew hyung will be the father. It’s kinda ridiculous but I hardly care.

After breakfast, we will fix our things and go to school. Instead of going with the four dorks, I went straight to my classroom and sit quietly. Every time I wake up early, I’ll be really quiet. It only means I’m sleepy so I would lean my head on my table and play with anything I grab. That at least will take my mind off from sleeping.

“Yo! What’s up?”

Those words are too familiar to my ears. That voice always gives me energy every morning no matter how tired I am.

“Amber~” I raised my head and found her right in front of me.

“How did you know it’s me?”

I smirked before answering, “With your ‘yo-ing’ and ‘what’s up-ing’, I can easily tell it’s you.” I responded as she sat down on her seat which was just beside mine. She looked at me and smiled oddly. That odd smile never fails to make me smile. I mean, just looking at her can simply make me smile.

“What chu doing here? Aren’t you supposed to hang out with the oppas and Taemin?” it’s the same question I keep hearing every morning.

“Just because,” and she’ll get random answers from me. But the truth is, it’s all because of her. I know she always go straight here everyday.

“You, why are you here instead of hanging out with your friends?” I asked just to make our conversation longer.

“Because you’re here~” she says the sweetest words.

“Ha-ha, funny~” I pretended that I didn’t believe her.

“Really, I’m here because of you. Can you think of any other reason for me to be here?”

“O, it could be because of that guy or that guy or because of your desk!” I joked then she giggled for a bit and gave me that odd smile I again.

Soon, Minho and all our classmates were in the room. As soon as the class started, Amber was already focused at the teacher while I keep stealing glances at her. Maybe that’s why my grades are falling; I keep my eyes on Amber and not at the teacher.

“Okay class, copy this!” it was the only thing I understood from all the things that the teacher said.

==

“Yes, break time!” Amber cheered and went toward me. While Minho, well, he just ignored us and left. He’s such a great friend.

“Let’s go?” Amber is the only one who can make me stand from my seat.

We went to the school field to have lunch with the others. We spotted them sitting on the ground and were already eating. Minho was already there.

“Share your blessings!” I run to them as Amber followed me.

“Go buy your own lunch!” Victoria noona hit my hand as I tried to grab some of her food.

“Noona, don’t you know me? I’m the Almighty Key~” that’s what I call myself and everyone doesn’t seem to care.

“Well, the Almighty Key should have almighty money to buy almighty food. You don’t need an ordinary food from an ordinary noona,” I’m not surprised that Victoria noona was able to say that. Onew hyung might have taught her.

“Nice one!” Onew hyung gave her a high five.

“Here Amber,” Krystal gave Amber two drinks and two sandwiches. I guess Amber is just really hungry. I looked around. They all were busy eating and I have nothing.

“Key oppa~” I turned my head to Amber and she was giving me one of her drinks and sandwiches.

“Thanks,” I guess she knew I didn’t buy any lunch. That’s sweet.

“Aw, the love birds are doing it again~” Onew hyung joked but it only annoyed me.

“Don’t call us love birds!”? I and Amber said in unison. Seriously, love birds? It’s so gay.

We are NOT a couple YET and the only couple here is Onew hyung and Victoria noona, while Minho and Krystal are just in the ‘get to know’ level but Amber and I, we have a really long way to go. They just call love birds, well, because we act like one but it just really annoys me.

“Jonghyun oppa, why are you so quiet?” Luna only takes interest to Jonghyun hyung. She told me that there’s something special about Jonghyun hyung. Like me thinking that Amber is someone really special. I feel sorry for her coz she was best known to be Jonghyun hyung’s pet.

“Jonghyun oppa, you’re the loudest one here and now you’re quiet,” Krystal added. The topic was all about Jonghyun now. At least they stopped calling us love birds.

“Hey, Jonghyun oppa, you there?” he even caught Amber’s attention.

“Yeah, I’m here!” he responded to Amber. I don’t want to get the wrong idea of his actions but it just really bothers me.

“You call us love birds? Then what do you call Taemin and Sulli?” I can’t believe I bring back that topic again just to take back Amber’s attention.

“Key oppa, why us?” Sulli pouted then Taemin copied her and they just looked funny.

“Yah, Kim Key, they’re just helping each other do their assignments. Don’t mess with them.” Minho is always their savior.

“Then don’t mess with me and Amber. It’s not our fault we’re extremely close. Right Amber?” she nodded in response. Although I’ve always wished that there is really something between us.

“Key hyung, don’t be too sensitive,” Taemin thought his joke was funny. Onew sangtae must have caught him.

“Enough, you’re all too loud!” Onew hyung scolded us. I’m the one who’s supposed to nag at everyone. Why is he stealing my job?

Amber moved next to me. She was ignoring Onew hyung.

“I’d like it if you’re the one nagging,” she whispered giving me the idea to fool around.

“YAH, LIU AMBER!” I tried to make a scene. She just laughed at me while the others stared bluntly.

“How was it?”

“Thumbs up, oppa!” we both laughed.

This is how messy we are. Well, if five dorky guys are with five bizarre girls it will just result to this. But at least we’re happy.

Eveyrone calls us “Shiny Effects”. They said that every time we hang out together, there’s this certain effect, a really strange but good effect. And they say that we shine the most when we’re together. We couldn’t agree more.

Shiny Effects started two years ago. It used to be just plain old Shiny, but month by month, week by week, day by day, we started to befriend with girls and that’s when they all came in. Victoria noona was the first one. Onew hyung brought her one day saying “Meet my girlfriend, Victoria~”. We didn’t even know Victoria back then and he came to tell us that. Luna was next, despite the fact the she was Taemin’s classmate, she was also Jonghyun hyung’s junior in the music club. That’s when the “Jonghyun’s pet” nickname started. Next were Krystal and Sulli. Krystal was known to be Jessica’s younger sister. Jessica WAS Jonghyun hyung’s EX-GIRLFRIEND. Last was Amber, Krystal brought her here a year ago but they said that Amber became a part of Shiny Effects because of me. That’s just how Shiny Effects happened.

About Amber and I? There’s nothing really. Like I said, we’re just really close. It’s just that I’m completely absolutely definitely extremely very in love with her. But I keep it as my own little secret. I don’t know what she thinks of me but I’m happy on what we are now.

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥