Payback

Between Love and Family

 

“You had been discharge? Really?”

Minho chuckles and nods.

“Why are you so surprised?”

“You are just admitted this morning. How come?”

“It’s just a slight wound. I’m being hospitalized because I fainted. Not because my wound.”

“Will you be fine if you are out now?”

Minho reaches for her hand and squeezes it.

“Don’t worry. I’m fine. I can’t stay too long in here. I have many things to settle.”

Sulli sighs and nods.

“Deh oppa. Do you want me to send you anywhere?”

Minho smiles.

“Let’s go to the station. I want to meet mom.”

“Deh. Call me when you are done.”

“What’s with call you when I’m done? You have to accompany me chagiya.”

“It’s your family affair oppa, I can’t.”

“You are my family Sulli ah. After my omma, you are everything for me. Come with me neh.”

Sulli put her palm on his cheek and sighs again before she nods.

                                                                                              ***

Minho walks slowly following the officer lead. With a bandage on his forehead and Sulli by his side, he composed himself to face his ‘mom’.

Sulli awares of his uneasiness. She squeezes his hand and holds his arm.

Minho turns to her and plasters a smile.

“Kaja.”

Sulli nods and walks with him.

The tall officer stops in front of a room.

“This is it?”

He nods.

“You can only see her for 30 minutes sir.”

Minho bows to him.

“Thank you.”

He bows in reply and leaves them.

Minho breathes before he turns the door knob. He pushes open the door with his right hand while his left hand still holds Sulli’s.

He saw Mrs. Choi sitting on the chair, bowing her head, staring on the floor.

He coughs as he stands on the door, waiting for her reaction.

Mrs. Choi lifts her head at the familiar coughing sound.

She smirks.

“You came, son?”

Minho smiles.

“Son?”

Mrs. Choi let out a small laughs.

“You knew right?”

Minho nods.

“Long before?”

She asked again.

Clutching on Sulli’s warm hand, he nods.

Mrs. Choi laughs.

“So, do you take me as a fool Minho? Pretending to not know anything?”

“I didn’t expect you to speak this arrogant mom.”

“Do you expect me to wail and beg to you in front of this woman?”

“This woman has a name. And she is my woman. Respect her.”

Mrs. Choi laughs in disbelieve.

“Are you in your right mind?”

Minho smirks.

“You are the one who will do anything for money. So, you will do as i say if i was to give you money right?”

Mrs. Choi expression darken.

“What do you mean?”

“Every secret of yours is in mine mom. Everything. Including what you did to appa.”

“What are you talking about? I’m being locked here for your absurd report about my attempt to kill you while you are standing healthily here. Why are you talking about your appa now?”

Minho leaves Sulli’s hand and asks her to sit down on a chair.

He walks to Mrs. Choi and sits on the edge of the table.

“Mom, do you remember what you did back then when I’m still an infant?”

Mrs. Choi pales.

“You tricked appa. You tricked my biological mom. You did all sort of things to be the Lady of Choi Empire.”

Minho chuckles.

“Along with your secret lover, secretary Yoo.”

Mrs. Choi fists her hand.

“You makes me as a dummy, controlling everything I do, controlling my circle of friends, never allow me to go to school, and kept me locked in the huge prison that you called home.”

Minho stands up and moves closer to her. He leans and holds on her chair.

“Keeps tattletales about appa’s death. Say I should stay inside to be safe from murderer.”

Minho stands straight and laughs.

“I must be dumb that I believe you for 21 whole years.”

Mrs. Choi laughs.

“So what if you know about this now?”

Minho looks at her in disbelief.

“Do you think I’ll keep quiet and let all of that wealth goes to you and Hyojoo? Am I dumb Minho? I’ll make sure I’ll get out from here. I’ll make sure I’ll get back what I suppose to get. Just wait.”

She said with a straight face and cross her legs. She turns her attention to Sulli.

“You must be happy now Miss Choi. You get the wealthiest guy as your boyfriend. I warn you Miss Choi. Don’t ever dream.”

Sulli smiles at her accusation.

“You just can’t stop calling me gold-digger madam.”

After a long silent, with just listening to their conversation, she talks. Sulli rose from her seat and walks to Minho’s side.

“Arasseo. Call me anything but I will be this wealthiest guy girlfriend and soon his wife. And I don’t have to dream. Because I will give you the chance.”

Minho shakes his head at Mrs. Choi behavior.

“You won’t change right mom?”

Mrs. Choi glare at him.

“What do I have to change? It’s my money. It’s my husband’s. I am the one who should get all of it. Not you.”

“You should be ashamed.”

Minho said and sighs.

“Enjoy your life here mom. I thought that I want to give you a chance since you had raised me up to this stage but you just can’t reflect on your sins right?”

Sulli squeezes Minho’s hand.

Minho smiles at Sulli and turns his vision to his mom.

“Thanks for all this time but I just can’t forgive you for killing my father. Don’t expect your lover to bail you out because he too will receive the same fate as you. As partner in crime.”

Minho bows to Mrs. Choi and holds Sulli’s hand before they left the room.

                                                                                              ***

“Omma, will they be punished?”

“Deh son. Don’t worry. Even the best lawyer can’t bail them.”

Minho sighs in relief.

“Are you okay son?”

Minho nods.

Hyojoo holds Minho’s hand and smiles to him.

“I understand son. She is the mother figure that you see every day. I understand how disappointed you will be.”

A drop of tear finally falls from his eyes.

“I tried not to cry omma. I’m sorry.”

Hyojoo stands up and walks to Minho. She holds on to her son and hugs him tight.

“Kenchana son. Cry it out.”

Hyojoo pats Minho’s back as he cried his heart out. How disappointed could he be? The one who he call mom, the one who he think will protects him actually is the one who wants to see him die.

Hyojoo cries too. She just can’t stand the fruit of her love with her husband broke down in her arms. She tears up when he cries before too. When he is still a baby. Finally she gets to soothe him again as a mother.

Her hugs tighten as Minho’s starts to feels safe. Even that he is an adult now, a mother loving touch is the one he needs now. He heart feels light at Hyojoo’s warm hugs.

Hyojoo releases her hugs as Minho stops crying. She kisses his head lovingly and smiles at him.

“Gomawo omma.”

Hyojoo nods.

“Gomawo son, to not hate me that I left you behind.”

Minho shakes his head.

“You left me because you have to omma. I won’t hate you because of that.”

“We should live our life happily now son. We should book a wedding hall too.”

Minho grins and rubs his nape.

“Will Sulli agree?”

“You told me what she said to Seyeon. She will agree. Propose son. Don’t delay it anymore.”

Minho chuckles.

“Deh omma. Gomawo.”

Hyojoo smiles and pats his cheek.

“You are old enough to have a family son.”

Minho grins.

“I’ll ask her.”

Hyojoo smiles.

“You have my support.”

Hyojoo pats his shoulder as she rose from her seat.

“I’m going to the kitchen neh son.”

Minho nods and smiles.

“Should I propose now? Will she agree to be my wife? What if she declines it?”

Lots of thought runs to his mind.

“I hope she will give a positive answer.”

He leans his back on the sofa and grins.

 

 

 

 

 

 

How many chapters left? 1? or maybe 2?

I forget about Hannah and Jinki right? Kekeke…

They will be here in the next chapter…

How about double wedding?

Did I hear wedding bells of Minsul? ^______^

Anyway I hope you are satisfy with this update..

I’m on a rush again today, too busy… *sigh*

Have a great weekend and stay healthy!!