Rejected?

Between Love and Family

 

 

“Drink it.”

Minho have a sip and wrinkles his forehead.

Sulli smiles.

“Bitter?”

Minho nods.

She put two cubes of sugar in Minho’s cup and pushes it in front of him again.

“Now, it is sweet, like how you wanted your love life to be.”

Sulli smiles.

“But you will find it bitter if you continue loving me. That’s how the reality is for me.”

Sulli smiles and look at Minho.

“Listen to everything that I wanted to say. I’m not going to at first but I need to. Maybe you will think about that feeling of yours after you listen to my life’s story.”

Minho breathes before he nods.

“I’m 21 when my parents died in an accident. I just graduated from University that time. You can’t imagine what I feel at that time. I think that I was having a bad dream. I sleep after I heard the news, hoping that I was dreaming and when I woke up I’ll meet them downstairs as usual.”

She breathes and lowered her head.

“But it wasn’t a dream. I was holding on to the wall as I walk to support my whole body from collapsing. I don’t have anyone to depend on at that time.”

Minho looks at her with sad eyes.

“The twins were crying, looking for my mom, Kyungsoo and Miyoung are still young. I nearly stumble on the stairs as I walk down. I went to the door and opened it to reveal two policemen who were looking at me with sympathetic stares; telling me that they were sorry and I need to follow them to the mortuary.”

Sulli hold on to her chair. She grips it.

“Sulli.”

Minho called her name worriedly. She looks at Minho again and smiles.

“I’m fine.”

She is, she wasn’t crying.

“My friend, a close friend of mine was accompanying me to the mortuary. He was the one who lend his shoulder for me so that i could cry. But, I don’t cry. I wasn’t crying. I keep all of my sorrows in. Miyoung and Kyungsoo were crying all the time. Days and night. But I’m not. I’m taking care of the twins like nothing happen. I behave like a young mom that only worries about her babies.”

She paused and breathes.

“I did all the things that I have to do, the ceremony for my deceased parents go on smoothly. I don’t have relatives to help me. I’m all alone. I work really hard.”

She smiles. A weak one.

“I start working two months after, along with my friend. The boss is really supporting.  He knew about me and my siblings. He knew that I’m responsible for the family. I’m the mom and dad for my siblings and he care for me like a father. I’m lucky to meet him and works for him.”

She shows Minho her bright smile again.

“Minho, I’m not as strong as you think I am. You must fallen for me when you see how tough I am raising the kids alone without parents figure. But, you don’t see the inner me. I’m too fragile. I’m afraid of sad things, rejections or heartbreaks. I’ll never fight for my own love life. I won’t. I’m living for the kids, and I will make them my priority. I won’t risk myself for love life. You will find that I’m not fit to be your girlfriend. You must realize one day that I am a burden to you. And I don’t want it to happen. I’m going to make the kids happy. I won’t let them feel the lacks from not having a parent. I’m doing everything I could to not let them feel the pain. I’m acting like I’m too strong Minho. I’m acting.”

“Sulli, I won’t ask you to choose. I don’t love you to make you suffer. I wanted to be serious with you. I am.”

Minho reached for her hand and holds it.

“I heard it from someone before. He is such a sweet talker that I fall easily for him, but he left me when I’m unable to leave my siblings to be by his side.”

Sulli sighs once again. She pulls out her hands from his grasps. She shakes her head.

“I had built a very strong wall in my heart after that day Minho. I won’t let it break easily. Just stop loving me Minho.”

“Sulli, it took me only few seconds to fall in love with you, I can’t stop loving you. It’s impossible.”

She smiles.

“You can Minho.”

Minho sighs.

“Why? Why do I have to stop loving you? It’s not a crime to love someone. And this is my first time. my first time falling in love, Sulli. I’ll protect you and the kids. I won’t make you choose them.”

“Minho.”

“Don’t answer me now. Please give it a thought. I’m begging you.”

Minho rose from his chair and look down.

“I’m leaving. I’ll give you time to think. I won’t disturb you during that time.”

He turns around and leave Sulli’s house with a heavy heart.

Sulli look at the now closed door and wipes her silent tears away.

“Why does it hurt when I ask you to stop loving me?”