Chapter 5

A Nerd In Love (STOPPED)

Sulli's POV

"What did we get myself into?" I complained as me and Taemin sat on the circular circling the big old tree in our school grounds.

I am referring to Kris Wu, the giant cold hearted captain of the basketball team in Taemin's older brother's school.

"He will teach me like a coach." I rolled my eyes. "Ha! As if! He doesn't even listen to me. He wants himself to be the one talking all the time. That's not how a coach should be! Oh, well he's not a coach after all. Why should I do what he says, right?"

I turned to Taemin but he was just shuffling with his fingers, looking down the ground.

"Tae, are you listening?" I asked.

He didn't answer.

"Taemin-ah!" I called.

He flinched then turned to me with a questioning look. "What?"

"You're not listening." I concluded as I nodded repeatedly.

I looked at him again and that's when I noticed a wipe of sadness on his face. I instantly became worried.

"Tae, did I do something wrong? What was it? Was it really bad?" I asked worriedly.

He shook his head.

"Then what is it? What's the problem? Tell me!" I shook him almost violently.

"Listen, Li." he said as he stopped me from shaking him.

"Go on. I'm listening." I nodded.

"I'll be gone." he frowned as he looked down again.

Gone?

"Wait, wait. What? You'll be gone?" I stared at him. "What do you mean you'll be gone?"

"I'm transferring to another school. It's needed, Li. I'm sorry." he sniffed.

Is he crying?

"No, no, no. It's okay, Tae. I understand." I smiled, trying to hide away my sadness.

He smield as he wiped his tears and pulled me in for a hug.

"I will really miss you, Li. But don't worry. Our communication will  be constant." he said as he tightened the hug.

I was sure I was going to cry because my view was starting to blur. My eyes were already clouded with tears. This is what I hate about myself. I can't stop myslef from crying.

"Thanks, Tae. Same goes with me. I will really miss you too." I nodded in the hug.

We remained like that for how many minutes. You see, Taemin already became my bestfriend already. That's the best part because he's a really great friend. The bad part there is that everything in our friendship was going well, but it has to be the part where he's going to leave. Darn.

=====

Three days have passed since Taemin's transfer to his new school. I am already alone since he was the only good friend I had. I'm sure I look stupid right now. More stupid than the first time I arrived in this school.

I walked going to the circular after lunch, where Taemin told me that he was going transfer school. I closed my eyes and made flashbacks. Gosh, I already miss Taemin so much.

"Hey."

I gasped as I heard someone. I listened intently and tried if that someone was going to call again.

Silence.

There was none so I closed my eyes again.

"Hey."

When I opened my eyes, I was shocked to see a guy who looked like a dinosaur in front of me.

"Who the hell are you?!" I pushed him.

"No, no, no! He's with me, he's with me!" Minho and I mean Choi Minho came into view.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"We just wanted to know if you want to play basketball with us?" Minho gestured to the dino guy who was smirking at me, then to a newly arrived Key.

"Hey." Key waved at me.

"Hey." I smiled.

"So, you wanna play?" Minho asked again.

I grinned in response.

=====

As days passed, I've been hanging out with Minho and his friends already. at first, I really thought they were fake. But inch by inch, I have come to understand each one of them.

I told Taemin and he said that he is very happy for me. He also met some friends in his new school but he said that none of them were as cool and fun as me. I laughed at his remark. He makes me miss him so much.

"Park later for a game?" Minho nudged me as the four of us walked going to the cafeteria for lunch.

"Yeah, Li! We'll be bringing some of our friends so you can meet them too." Jonghyun smiled at me.

"And don't worry. They're really nice." Key followed.

"Thanks, guys." I smiled back. "I'll be going then."

We arrived at the park together. There, I saw seven guys playing basketball already. They look so young yet very good in playing basketball.

"Wassup bros!" Jonghyun exclaimed as Minho and Key trailed behind him, doing bro claps with the younger guys.

"Oh, who's she?" a guy with gold hair pointed at me kindly.

"This is Sulli Choi. Our new friend. You can call her Li." Key introduced me to them.

They all smiled and introduced themselves. They were: JB, Mark, Jr., Jackson, Youngjae, BamBam, and Yugyeom.

"Noona." BamBam came to me while bouncing the ball. He reminds me a bit of Taemin.

"Gosh. Just call me by my name, BamBam." I lightly chuckled.

He chuckled with me and so did the otehrs.

"That's because she loves being boyish. It's just so cool being a boy. Don't you think so, Li?" Minho wiggled his eyebrows at me which made me chuckle again.

"Which reminds me of my cousin, Amber." Jackson beamed. "She plays basketball too, and is boyish just like you, noo--I mean Li."

"Really?" I said.

"Yes. And don't worry. I'll bring her the next time we come here." Jackson winked.

"Yeah, just do because someone here wants to see her." Key raised an eyebrow then glanced at Jonghyun beside him.

"I saw that, you lock opener." Jonghyun hit Key's arm.

Minho then came to me then placed his arm over my shoulders. "Oh, I forgot to say. She plays very good basketball."

"Really?!" the seven younger ones widened their eyes.

"That's right." Minho nodded proudly. "She even beat me."

"Woah."
"Cool."
"Awesome."

I smiled then looked up at Minho. He winked at me as he bit his lower lip. I don't know why, but my heart suddenly jumped.

-------------------------------------------------------------

end of chapter 5! :)) plese enjoy! :)