Chapter 9

A Nerd In Love (STOPPED)

Sulli's POV

"Man, I can't do this!" I heard Minho say worriedly as I went up to him, Jonghyun, and Key,

He was wearing something unusual. Not the bad unusual but the good unusual. He was wearing a black and blue checkered top with his white pants that hugged his legs, showing its perfect athlete shape.

"Hey, what's up?" I nodded at them.

Key turned to me with a look of relief. "Thank goodness you're here, Li."

"Yeah, why?" I asked then turned to Minho. "Why are you so stylish today?"

"He's going to confess." Jonghyun said.

"Confess? Confess what? His sins?" I inquired.

"Come on, you know that wasn't funny." Minho frowned at me.

"He's going to confess to the person he loves." Key answered.

Is it just me? Or is Key so sad about this? And Jonghyun too. He too looks unhappy.

"Who's the girl?" I asked eagerly.

I knew I sounded cheerful but I can't seem to ignore the fact that there's a part of me that's hurting.

"Krystal. Krystal Jung." Minho said dreamily and with pride. Just like how he introduced me to the seven younger ones as the one who beat him in basketball.

"Obviously." I murmured.

I looked at Jonghyun and Key and they were trying to stop their eyes from rolling.

"He waited for you. Now you're here, I'm sure he can do it." Key told me as he secetly rolled his eyes from Minho.

"Why do you need me anyway?" I asked. "Dude, you're the one who's going to do it. It's in you. It goes out naturally. Don't go out there looking like a robot programmed to do things that the owner wants it to do. Be yourself. I'm sure you can do it."

"You think so?" Minho asked innocently.

I nodded.

"Say you beliebe in me first." he demanded childishly.

"I believe in you." I rolled my eyes.

He stared at me intensely then. "You're the best, Li."

He walked towards me and tried to hug me but I put my hands in front and shook my head.

"What? You don't like me now, love?" he teased.

"Please. Stop calling me that." I sounded like I was begging.

He nodded. "Okay. But only if Krystal won't go out with me."

I glared at his retreating back until he disappeared through the corridors.

"Did you hear what he just said?! How does he see me?! An option?! A...a thing?! That he can use and call out sick nicknames whenever he wants to?! it! !" I screamed.

I was absolutely insulted, you know that?

"Li, are you okay?" Jonghyun and Key both went to me.

Then that's where I started to cry. "I'm just a thing, aren't I? I mean, I never really existed, right?"

"No, no, no. Ssh. You're not. You're our friend. A precious one." Key hugged me tight which made me sob more.

"Key's right, Li. Don't look down on yourself." Jonghyun caressed my head and wiped my tears.

When my sobs finally died down, Key started to talk. "I think you need to tell us something."

"That's right." Jonghyun agreed.

Should I tell them that I already developed feelings for Minho? Oh, no, no. They can't handle that. Maybe they'll just laugh at me.

"Or maybe you wnat us to be the one to tell you something?" Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked.

"Stop fooling around, Li. We know how you feel." Key said. "Remember that time I told you to go look for Minho? I did that on purpose because...I knew you already like him."

"And to be honest? I like you more for Minho thank Krystal." Jonghyun followed. "If I were him, I would not waste my time with that girl."

"What's your problem with her? I personally think she's pretty." I honestly said.

"A person's face doesn't define their real face inside, Li." Key piointed out. "That's what you're thinking now since you haven't met her yet."

"Wait 'til you meet her. You'll take that back." Jonghyun added.

I wonder what she's like. Are the things they're saying about her true? I saw her already, that's what Key doesn't know. And based on my observation, she seems pretty disciplined as a girl.

What I mean by 'disciplined' there is the way she behaves herself in public. Most girls in school open their mouths quite big, not aware that they look beyond the meaning of the word monster when they do. But her? Krystal? She knows how to handle her manners quite well.

"I saw her already, but not met. My bestfriend Taemin, the one who transfered to another school used to like her. During one of your practices, Taemin showed her to me." I said.

"What was your first impression on her?" Key asked skeptically.

"Pretty. Nice skin. Big but beautiful eyes. All were compliments." I answered.

Jonghyun and Key gaped at each other. "God, help her!"

I stared at them weirdly.

"You don't know what you're saying!" Key became hysterical.

Okay? Do they really hate her that much?

=====

"So, I'll be teaching you tricks today. It's quite hard so just hang on and we'll take it slow. So the first tri--Li!!"

I jumped off my trance as Kris shook me hard.

"Wh-what?"

"Are you sleeping?" he asked. "With your eyes open?"

I pulled out a poker face and stared at him. I tapped his right cheek and said. "Nice try for jokes."

"Is something bothering you?" he asked.

Oh, yes there is. Absolutely.

I just found out from Minho himself that he's officially dating Krystal. He sounded so happy. What else could a friend do? Be happy for her friend too, right? That's what I felt, honestly. But I can't help but feel the pain inside.

You already know why.

I badly need someone whom I can talk to. I guess Kris is the one provided. And I don't want to waste this chance.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure. What is it?" he replied.

"Is it wrong to like your friend more than the way you should?" I looked at him seriously.

He looked at me, surprised. "Li?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

end of chapter 9! :))

So, our Sulli here is really hurt now, considering the fact that Minho is already dating the cheer captain Krystal Jung. It left our Sulli with too much to think. Meanwhile, Kris is there to listen to her. The former giant cold-hearted captain. Will Kris be a replacement for Minho?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the sneak peek for the next chapter!

Indulge!

"I never said I like you."

"Help me, please. You're the only one who can do that."

"You need a hug?"

"As long as we still talk, that's fine with me."

"You can fake your smiles but never your feelings. You better keep that in mind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See you in the next chapter! ^w^