Chapter 1

A Nerd In Love (STOPPED)

Sulli's POV

"How's school?" Mom asked, as I arrived home in time for dinner.

Dad waved at me without taking his attention off of the newspaper he was reading. My Dad's weird sometimes. He does things the opposite way. But not all, though. What I mean is like right now. He's reading a newspaper, sitting on the chair in the dining room when in fact he should be doing that before or during breakfast.

Mom on the other hand, was preparing the table for dinner. She's a really great mom and wife. I wonder how she balances everything with work and here in the house. She's absolutely good in her field of work and then when she comes home, she turns into a perfect housewife.

I stared at Dad.

He's lucky to have Mom as his wife. Really lucky.

"Fine. The kids are nice." ugh! That's a complete lie. You know? Sometimes, when you're too fed up by everything...you just have to lie so your parents won't get all worried. It drives me crazy when they start to.

If I range mom and dad one up to one hundred? Mom's a hundred and dad's somewhere between eighty. Not that he doesn't care much. Moms are real good actresses sometimes without the script than dads are as actors.

"That's good, honey. Did you make some friends?" Mom made a follow-up question.

Taemin. Lee Taemin. He became my chat mate today and he was really nice. Not to mention him being smart too.

"Yeah, I did. He's really smart." I said happily.

To my surprise, Dad stopped reading his newspaper then looked at me. Mom stopped arranging the food on the table then turned to me. "HE???" they both questioned.

Oh. I forget to tell you, yeah? They're strict about their "NO BOYFRIEND YET" rule. But why do they have to be strict about it when not even one serious guy came to me to confess? I just don't see the use of it. I mean I'm not pretty. I'm boyish and I hate girl stuffs. Really.

"Yes, mom. Dad." I rolled my eyes. "But you need not to worry. He's gay."

Uh-oh. Did I just say Taemin's gay? That was a very wrong move there.

"Gay." Dad repeated. He doesn;t sound so convinced. "He's gay."

I nodded, trying not to show how nervous I was.

"That's okay." Mom smiled. Her smile was genuine which made me let out a sigh then she continued preparing the table.

"Fine with me if it's okay with your mom. But is he the type who uses cosmetics?" Dad whispered the last statement.

"No, Dad! Of course, not!" I shook my head vigorously. :He's completely the normal one."

"Good." Dad smiled then continued reading.

"I'll be in my room." I informed then skipped up the stairs going to my room.

I looked at my new room. It's freaking big. Bigger than my room before back in Incheon. Dad was given a brand new task here in Seoul. He's the head engineer now of a new project in the capital of South Korea. It sure tripled his usual payment taht's why when we moved here, they immediately bought this mansion which is quite big. Too big for the three of us, actually. But it's not a problem if we talk about having it keep its cleanliness because we have hired a housekeeper to take care of it during weekends.

Taking away my bullies, Seoul will be like a paradise.

"Sulli, dinner's ready!" Mom knocked on my door.

"Yes, Mom. I'll be downstairs." I answered as I changed into my casual attire.

=====

"Did you wait for too long?" I asked Taemin who was waiting for me at the gate.

He smiled as he put his hands on his pants pockets. "Nope. I just arrived here a minute ago."

I smiled back at him.

"There's a basketball practice today, Li." Taemin said. "You wanna watch? It's required for our PE class and plus. The captain's gonna be there."

I stared at him as he looked at thin air ahead of him dreamily. Was i right when I said he was gay?

"You like him?" I asked. I'm crossing my fingers npw.

"No! I'm straight, Li!" he frowned as he shook his head. "It's just that...I want to be as cool as him. There's this girl I really like."

The good thing is, he's not gay. But the bad thing is, I lied to my parents about him being gay when he's absolutely not.

"Really?" I smiled.

"Yeah." he nodded. He bit his lip as he stared at me.

Wow. I never thought Taemin could be this handsome. No, I'm not talking nonsense. He really is.

Should I ask who the girls is? It's not that bad to ask, right?

"Who's the girl?" I asked.

He eventually looked down then kept quiet. I thought I kind of did something wrong there but when we finally entered the gym to watch the basketball practice, he points to a girl with long black hair, porcelain skin, big but pretty eyes, and a beautiful smile. A cheerleader.

I stared at him.

"That's her. Krystal Jung." Taemin said.

My jaw dropped. His taste isn't that bad. "She's beautiful."

"Yeah. But the captain and her..." Taemin's voice trailed off.

That's when I knew the reason why he was very insecure about himself.

"Don't worry." I tapped his shoulder. "She'll notice you someday. You're handsome, Tae."

He laughed. "Thanks."

We went up the bleachers and sat at the fifth row. The practice started and I looked at the captain of the team. Concentrating on him only. He's fast and he's really good. Well, he won't be the captain if he's not.

After the game, everyone left. Taemin suggested that he'll take me to his mom's restaurant for lunch, but I turned it down. Kindly of course. Maybe next time. Good thing he understands.

The reason why? There was a ball on the court and it was calling my name.

I stepped into the court and walked towards the ball.

I started to dribble it then made a 3 point shoot. Perfect! I miss playing my sport.

I was so into it. Then, suddenly I heard a boy's voice. I turned around and saw the captain.

"Want a match?" he asked cockily.

I haven't played my sport for a long time now but one thing's for sure. I still got my skills.

I smirked as I passed the ball to him in a solid chest pass then switched the front of my cap with the back of it. "Bring it...captain."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

end of chapter 1! :) I hope you enjoyed it! :)))