Chapter 2

A Nerd In Love (STOPPED)

Sulli's POV

Just as I thought that the captain was good...I was absolutely wrong. I was able to beat him. Booyah!!!

"Let's go get something for lunch." Taemin tapped my shoulder from behind my back.

"Sure." I nodded.

We walked going to the cafeteria while chatting. I learned that Taemin's Mom is a professional cook which is why they have 5 restaurants here in Korea. 2 here in Seoul, 1 in Daegu, 1 in Incheon, and 1 in Busan. I also realized that their restaurant is my Mom and Dad's favorite.

"I should really tell Mom and Dad about this." I said excitedly as we lined up in the cafeteria.

"Why?" Taemin asked smiling.

"My parents love your Mom's restaurant, Tae! Big time." I said.

"That's good news!" he exclaimed. "My Mom's been reviewing costumers for her special offer for them. So..is it the restaurant here in Seoul?"

Oh, so it's only here in Seoul? Pfft. Darn it!

"The one in Incheon." I said sadly.

"Cool! I'll tell my Mom about it." Taemin smiled again as he reached for his food from the serving woman.

"Cool?" I asked.

Did I hear it right? He said cool?

"Yeah." he nodded. "Ha. Did you think it was only for Seoul?"

I nodded.

"Oh so I'm good in thrilling you now, huh?" Taemin chuckled.

I stared at him for a while before I fake punched his arm. "You idiot. How dare you?"

Oh, so he's a joker too? Wow. I never thought he can be one. Not rudely speaking here. It's just a bit funny and weird thinking about it.

"Sorry. I kind of enjoyed it. You know...got carried away?" Taemin laughed.

I laughed together with him and it amde me so comfortable. This Lee Taemin here, I think, is already centimeters close in becoming my bestfriend.

"I've been thinking just now. Why don't we plan out a day so that your parents can have an even better offer than the one my Mom is going to offer?" Taemin suggested as we took a seat.

"Huh?" I knitted my eyebrows.

I don't get things sometimes when the words are redundant. Even my own statments sometimes. I don;'t get them either.

Now, look back at the top. What I just said there is redundant. Pssh.

"Can you rephrase that one?" I asked again.

Taemin nodded. "No problem." he cleared his throat. I said. Why don't we plan a day out for both our parents to meet so they can discuss the offer that my Mom's going to give."

Now I get it!

"That's better." Idid a thumbs up which made Taemin chuckle. "That's nice. Uhm...I'll tell my parents."

"Great." he nodded. "I'll be in the bathroom first. I need to pee."

I laughed. "Sure."

I continued to laugh lightly as he stood up. Boy do you have to tell me what your business there is? Hello, my almost bestfriend Lee Taemin, I know what exactly people do there.

"Hey, Incheon kid!"

Ugh! My bullies again!

I looked up and came face to face with Doojoon and his gang.

"Why you looking atus like that, huh?!" Hyunseung, the thinnest among them glared at me.

The hell, man! I just look and stare like this! Even with these things, you're telling me what to do?!

"Yeah! Why Incheon kid?! You'll fight now?!" Gikwang, who I thought was cute at first but then turned out to be the complete opposite, stuck his tongue out then began to wipe it on his lips making it all wet.

Gross!

"I don't think she can, dude. She got no muscles to back her up!" Junhyung, an emo kind of guy, exclaimed which made their whole gang laugh.

"Obviously. Hey, Incheon kid. Who failed to train you, huh?!" Doojoon shoved his face very close to mine, making me yank my face away almost flipping my chair and making me fall on my back.

Oooooooooh!!!!! I could just hit your stupid face, you moron! Ugh!

"No one, dude! She's weak! Get it? A weakling! I bet you can't do any sport, Incheon kid!" Yoseob, who looked like a very innocent kid, but now looks like a corrupted good for nothing human, mocked me.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Poor, Incheon kid. And I bet even in basketball she'll fall!" Dongwoon laughed and they all chorused.

Just then, I heard a phone ring.

"Oh, damn! It's my noona again!" Doojoon grumbledthen turned to his gang. "I've got to get this call. Let's go."

But before they left, he gave me a glare. "We're not done."

After how many minutes, Taemin came back. I tried so hard not to look troubled because I knew that he was going to ask me.

=====

"Basketball practice again today." Taemin said.

Is it alwasy like this? Like when the basketball team has a practice, everyone should watch? And then they'll say if you ask them that it's required in their PE class.

But I think that's nice. It gives their players the knowledge that their whole school is supporting them.

"Required again?" I asked as I adjusted my cap.

Taemin nodded. "As always."

As we arrived at the gym, it was almost packed by students. I looked around for some empty seats for me and Taemin but as I wandered, my eyes caught sight of Doojoon and his gang again. They made faces and whispered to each other. They laughed after.

I rolled my eyes. "Like I freaking care."

"What?" Taemin stared at me.

"Nothing." I shook my head. "Let's go over there."

The practice started and I, as always, observed the captain. Again, he's really good. I wonder how I was able to beat him. Or maybe he just didn;t play well that time?

The practice almost ended when all of a sudden, a voice echoed through the speakers."I would like to request Sulli Choi if you are here to please come here inside the cpurt. CHoi Minho is waiting for you."

My eyes widened.

The students near me were all howling now. "She's over here!"

"Go, Li!" Taemin beamed as he tried to push me up.

When I still didn't move, a basketball player came up the to me.

"Hi, I'm Key. I'll you to the court. Come." he smiled as he pulled me up and off we went down the bleachers.

By the time we arrived near the court, my knees were already shaking. Did I do something wrong? I looked around and saw my bullies. Damn my eyes! Why do you always land on them?!?!?!

They were laughing so hard at me.

"Hey."

I turned around and saw Choi Minho in the court, holding the basketball ball on his hand. "Want a match again?"

I swallowed hard. I looked around again and saw my bullies, making faces and doing the "boo" hand. I gathered up my courage and looked back at the captain.

I pulled off my cockiest smile. "Bring it."

Our match started with only the two of us as the players.

I was taken aback at first and my whole body was trembling. I don't even know why! And the more my body shook when the students started chanting. I can barely hear my name. Well, obviuosly they were chanting Minho's name, and not mine.

But then, I remembered what my Dad told me before. "Everone of us have critics in our life. We can't escape them. But we have the choice whether we become like them thorugh vengeance, or love them and their criticisms on us by showing them that we don't deserve such criticism."

Well, I'm choosing the second one.

Minho's score was now 15 and all were in favor of 3 point shots. I was shrieking inside so I tried to calm myself and focus on the game because I only had 2 points.

I did all my tricks in mind and applied everything I know until the whole surrounding...I can already hear my name competing with Minho's name.

The whistle blowed and the next thing I knew...Minho was already shaking my hand. "Nice game." I heard him say before he went off.

I turned around and saw everyone cheering for me. My name! They were cheering my name! Am I popular now?!

My bullies were ducking their heads in shame.

"You rock!" students came and congratulated me.

That's when I knew. I had won the match against the captain, Cho Minho again. I can't believe it!

"You did great, Li! You never told me you knew!" Taemin hugged me swaying me side to side.

"I can't believe it!" I exclaimed as I widened my eyes as I broke the hug.

"Well, believe it girl! You won!" Taemin beamed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

end of chapter 2! :)) hope you guys enjoyed it! :)))